Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The secret 6 member Supreme Court: Late nights, courtesy votes and the unwritten 6-vote rule

This is the fall of democracy right here folks. Republicans got us when we were distracted by online troll farms steering the US towards confusion and chaos.

The deed is done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 6:18 PM

The minute Trump was elected in 2016, American Democracy was fatally wounded. America is bleeding out slowly but the country is ultimately doomed. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the GOP will win back the White House in 2024 (with or without Trump) and it's curtains on America.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 4:37 PM

What are they going to do to “liberals”? Which is what they call everyone who doesn’t fall in line?

Are they going to kill them? Enslave them? They will do something to the public schools like turn them into camps for the “liberal” kids to be “re-educated”. We know what the international fascist cabal is capable of.

Regular, non-deplorable Americans are in grave danger.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 4:45 PM

Republicans don’t want a civil war. They want anarchy. They want to be like Kim Jun I’ll who comes in and locks down the people to “get things back to order”

Look to North Korea to see their plans. They look at NK and see it as a paradise where total control from the top down rules the day. There is no dissent.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 4:48 PM

R2 A fascist system (which is where America is heading) basically works to condition people into fear of the state to the point that they do not fight back. If America were do descend into fascism, I think it's possible some of the more liberal areas of the country (e.g. NY and CA) would try to leave the union.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 4:50 PM

R1 I think it was already mortally wounded before that before then, but electing a reality show host as president definitely made it so we could no longer deny it as it showed everyone's ugly side. The Republicans for first trying to squash him and then cravenly embracing and co-opting him, the Democrats for nominating such a corrupt and hated candidate who could be beaten by said reality host, and the media for first doing everything in their power first to elect him and then to impeach him.

We are mortally wounded and nobody can fix it.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 4:57 PM

There are so many things that average Americans can be doing. If you’re not doing them, don’t look to someone else to save you.

Don’t be scared. This is not the time to cower.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 5:21 PM

I think we're more accurately headed for a fascist state-corporate republic hybrid, where we keep the general form of government as it is right now, but it is run entirely by corporations who have introduced so much surveillance technology and so much military weaponry to even the smallest police departments that it's essentially a fascist state, while keeping the appearance of a democracy overwhelmed by capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 5:25 PM

R4, you don’t think the fascist have thought of that? This is not a rag-tag group like those at the Capitol.

This is the most sophisticated, wealthy and educated right-wing fascist think tanks in the world that are pulling this off.

They are really doing this. The denial of average citizens is how they pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 5:27 PM

R7 is paying attention. This is how it is done.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 5:27 PM

R7 We're already there.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 6:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!