Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge! Hitch up your caftans. We must save democracy!

But how? How?

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2021 6:18 PM

1) Vicious, metaphorical face slappings

2) Julianne Moore, seriously

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 4:44 PM

The number one way to take back democracy is to destroy the propaganda and fake messages. They are everywhere.

If you can cut that off, you can save America!

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 4:50 PM

Where do we convene for the fight? Seriously-seriously. We need to have our own regiment. It'll be like Glory, but with gays, lesbians, and fraus. Who is going to do what? Nan Michiganwomyn for our secretary of defense or general or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 4:52 PM

There are so many things that the citizens can do. Namely to realize we are in a war here. But only one side is fighting. Only one side knows it’s in a war.

The republicans have to get to a critical mass in order to finally replace democracy with fascism. That is their goal. And they are getting way too close to that critical mass.

Once they get it, it will be over for democracy. There is no getting it back.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 4:52 PM

Use the zombie analogy. If you kill the main zombie, then the rest go back to normal.

You really need to give these deplorables something else to fight for. They need to be fighting for democracy. They will be used up and tossed aside in a fascist country. They are fighting for the wrong side.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 4:54 PM

ElderLez for chief medic. Greg's in charge of the mess hall.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 4:58 PM

Sadly I am not a doctor, but much appreciated R6. I

Any DL lawyers want to advise on tort and criminal claims expansions as ways to protect democracy? How is that doctors can get sued for malpractice and people can go to jail for pretending to be a cop, but nothing can be done to criminal syndicates pushing deadly medical misinformation? How is it that intentionally pushing election misinformation never results in jail time or a bankrupting class action lawsuit?

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 5:03 PM

^ Well that team sounds like Little Big Horn 2.0

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 5:12 PM

Can I wear my vagina cape?

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 5:13 PM

Deplorables are basically all of our distant cousins. We are all family. And some menace is trying to tear us all apart.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 5:14 PM

I will only fight in a regiment of guys who are hot adjacent to me, but slightly less hot than me. No old people over 50, no fats, fems or caftans. Espeically no fats. Coke users OK, not meth, it's cheap and no pot, it clings to my hair.

I only drink rose.

Oh and NO show tune queens no matter how hot they are.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 5:21 PM

Well, I guess there will have to be two regiments then.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 5:48 PM

OK, but the ugly guys go first if there's going to be slapping and hair pulling because they have less to lose.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 5:53 PM

Vivian Vance-Wan-Kenobi, save us!

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 5:57 PM

Lucy was going to lead the charge, but Gary talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 6:01 PM

You know the ragtag team of fats, fems, fraus, caftans and potheads is going to be the one that saves the ass of R11, just like in the movies.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 6:02 PM

Maybe we can all hide in Fred Mertz's high waisted trousers when the zombie apocalypse starts!

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 6:03 PM

I didn't post that and I won't agree to it!

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2021 6:03 PM

Whoops, I'm not R11. ^^ I was distracted by people crying about Colin Powell on TV. And my Aldi fake oreos.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2021 6:03 PM

Mish Lindshey needsh to shlapped firsht, viciously.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2021 6:04 PM

Let's use Lindshey as a battering ram. He should at least understand the motion of topping.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2021 6:06 PM

Let's remember not to name our main marine-defense vessel the [italic]Seaward.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2021 6:10 PM

If there's one thing we know how use around here, it's the Seaward.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2021 6:14 PM

Gird your loins, boys.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote]If there's one thing we know how use around here, it's the Seaward.

Yes, but IT WOUNDS.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2021 6:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!