Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

High School 'drag ball' creates mixed emotions

What's the point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 6:44 PM

Why are you a troll, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 2:31 PM

It sounds silly and I don't give a shit. Is that response you are after?

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 3:02 PM

Who’s going to pay the bill for all this duct tape?

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 3:10 PM

I was in the band and love playing in the orchestra but I HATED everything about marching band which was a requirement for orchestra. I would have loved something like this instead of worshiping brain damaged alpha football jocks and cheerleaders week after week for 3 years.

For 20 years we've know the danger of brain injury but we still have a football fetish. It's almost as if they completely ignore scientific reality about anything they disagree with. From 1999...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 3:12 PM

This is a hideous idea. The act of drag requires several areas of advanced talent. it's part stand up, part advanced costuming, part advanced makeup skills, and then there's an entire element of gender and sexuality parody involved. It also requires an active, aware, advanced audience. It's very confusing on the outside if you don't know the specific talents involved and what the world of drag is about. It's mostly inside baseball. It's like taking someone from a foreign country to an American football game.

If kids want to do this, it's their right as Americans--let them do it outside of a school setting, which massively politicizes it. Or let them do a school play that has drag content but puts some guardrails and direction (and pre-established dialogue) up.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 6:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!