Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RIP to The Last Republican: General Colin Powell

He was a good man. The Last Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2021 4:06 PM

He was a war criminal.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 1:45 PM

Lied under oath, OP, to help Dubya invade Iraq illegally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 1:48 PM

This is at least the seventh or eighth thread on this, you FAT WHORE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 1:51 PM

He was stupid enough to think he was part of the club with Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. and got duped. They sent him to sell WMD because they knew people liked and trusted his public image. End of the day, he was part of the Bush administration and he was one of their top salesmen. Fuck him. I mean I am sorry he got sick and died, and condolences to his Family, but I'm going to avoid all the bullshit about how "great" he was. He and his son got rich off their loyalty to that scum. So he did well.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 1:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 1:54 PM

R4 I agree. His club was H.W. Bush, Baker, Scowcroft, Brady, Sununu, Thornburgh, and Quayle.

Cheney was in the outer circle. But ten years later Powell was out and the circle was Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, and Wolfowitz.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 1:59 PM

And he downplayed the My Lai massacre in an "investigation," good little career war criminal toady that he always, to his last breath, was.

Too many Americans mistake imposing physical stature, confident public speech, and good deportment as proof of personal honor and integrity.

That's why we are so easily scammed and fleeced by liars and traitors, from religion to business to politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 2:00 PM

Mitt Romney is going to be the last pre-Trump Republican, or maybe John Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 2:06 PM

Just say it, he was nothing but a TOKEN black to the GOP, just a token, and an Uncle Tom at that.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 2:14 PM

R9 I don't think he was a token for H.W.

And W had Rice....

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 2:15 PM

The military doesn’t do tokens R9. He clawed his way up on his own.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 2:16 PM

He was a lying sack of shit. Rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 2:29 PM

This man intentionally lied to give Bush his distractionary war in Iraq.

The team that gathered the so called "intelligence" determined it was false long before Powell presented it. He knew, they all knew. The team was even on 60 minutes and said so.

Saudi Arabia levels the WWC and we invade the wrong country.

The lies of the Bush administration, fronted by "trustworthy" Powell, killed thousands.

No pass for this one.

Our lack of outrage and inaction during this disgrace paved the way for the mess we are in today.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 2:37 PM

WTC. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 2:39 PM

He was vaccinated and died. I’m unvaccinated and still living.

Using facts and logic, I deduce that the unvaccinated are better protected against covid than the vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 2:41 PM

You don't know much about facts or logic, do you?

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 3:23 PM

UNWITTING IRONY ALERT:

Republican Party propagandist dies because too many people believe Republican Party propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 5:34 PM

Watching the start of his memorial service. Presidents Biden, Obama and Bush are in attendance while donald, naturally, is a no-show, his absence not even mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2021 4:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!