Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let us give thanks

The trend of calling Halloween time "Spooky season" or the 10x worse "Spooky szn" on Twitter seems to have passed. I see a few mentions but it's primarily by what appear to be autistic people and unfashionable, pimply nonbinary tweens.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2021 10:42 PM

Maybe they've all gone back to the even more egregious "spoopy season."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 10:15 AM

Ew, r1!

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 11:09 AM

It’s Samhain, anyway, you fucking clowns.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 11:20 AM

R3 I'm curious how do YOU pronounce that, without looking it up? 😏

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 12:10 PM

R4 well since you asked in mewn modd mor smyg a chyfrwys—kind of like ‘sao-whin’.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 1:32 PM

People who go all-out on celebrating Halloween are always oddballs. As opposed to the people whose favorite holiday is Thanksgiving—the only correct choice.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 1:39 PM

R6 how come Americans are always so proud about celebrating a genocidal Italian stealing and sacking a continent for them? Fucking weird that.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote]People who go all-out on celebrating Halloween are always oddballs.

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 2:44 PM

Halloween is the Gay Superbowl, you bunch of crusty old bores!

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 2:45 PM

Halloween is for amateurs and cowards.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 2:50 PM

Halloween is fun! Just don't call it "spooky szn"

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 4:26 PM

I know it as Nos Calan Gaeaf, or Gwyn ap Nudd’s season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2021 12:02 PM

r5 I asked that because I was curious if you actually knew how to pronounce it, or if you were like the New Age Wiccan idiots I've encountered who call it "Sam-hayn" when they're talking about how important the holiday is to their religion.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2021 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!