Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Baptiste on PBS part deux

A new Baptiste tonight. An Ambassador’s teenage boys have been kidnapped and her husband murdered in Hungary. Always bleak, this looks darker than usual. My favorite PBS mystery series after Endeavour.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2021 3:00 AM

I looked this show up on IMDb not that long ago, maybe this past spring, and didn’t see any mention of a new series so this is very welcome.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 3:10 AM

thanks for the head's up - I love Baptiste

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 3:34 AM

Good show. I had it on in the background and kept getting confused - how is she in a wheel chair and now she's walking? - because they were using extensive flashbacks. And, yea, it is a good show.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 4:24 AM

We don’t know why his daughter died, right? It wasn’t because of the terrorists/drug mob in the last series when his wife and family went into hiding. IIRC, they were all alive at the end.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 1:06 PM

This guy is Kevin Spacey in Usual Suspects isn’t he

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2021 2:48 AM

You don't know what to do?

You strat to talk about it, make sure the Taliban's crimes stay front and center, you contact legislators about it, you demand that your government not give any money to them, trade with them and that your government pressure other governments to do the same.

That's how things get done.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2021 7:00 AM

um R6, I think you're in the wrong thread... I fell asleep, missed ep 2 last night. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2021 9:57 AM

Fiona Shaw is brilliant in this show. But the change in Julien Baptiste's character is annoying the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2021 4:09 PM

R7, I don't know how that happened. My ipad fucks up when I'm here and all of a sudden I'm on another thread. LOL! It's magic!!

Off to post it where it belongs. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2021 10:39 PM

Oh Jesus that was heartbreaking. Now we know why Baptiste is so messed up.

I’m confused about the boys though. Younger and older. Younger one didn’t speak. The fake terrorist video, the phone call from the train station, the one killed last night, the one getting the messages on email…which is which?

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2021 12:59 PM

I don't know why Baptiste would be messed up about killing the older brother who obvously killed his own father as well as being a terrorist. The younger one appears to be a prisoner.

by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2021 12:50 AM

Oh jeez, the younger son too? That poor woman, she’s lost everyone.

I really hope Baptiste wises up and goes back to his wife (and gorgeous house).

by Anonymousreply 12November 8, 2021 3:00 PM

Fiona Shaw's giving an Emmy worthy performance in this.

by Anonymousreply 13November 8, 2021 3:37 PM

Yep, Keyser Söze.

At least Will didn’t kill his mother, I was afraid he would, the little psycho.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2021 3:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!