Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Talk About Dark Lesbian Drama

The attempted murder case against a Massachusetts college professor nears its end. Rie Hachiyanagi, 50, who taught art at Mt. Holyoke College, pleaded guilty on Friday to trying to kill a friend in a four-hour attack.

“She expected to get away with murder — my murder,” survivor Lauret Savoy, herself a professor of geology and environmental studies at the school, said in her victim impact statement, according to The Greenfield Recorder.

Assistant District Attorney Matthew Thomas told the court in Greenfield, Massachusetts, that Hachiyanagi arrived at Savoy’s home unannounced late Dec. 23, 2019 and hid until the geology professor realized her presence and asked who was there. Hachiyanagi stepped forward, said she wanted to talk about her feelings but attacked when Savoy turned her back. She told Savoy she loved her for years, insisting the geology professor should have known that. She straddled Savoy and punched her on the floor, the prosecutor said. She also used a fire poker, pruning shears, and a rock in the attack. Savoy said Hachiyanagi taunted her repeatedly by telling her she would be blinded, disfigured, then murdered.

She managed to stop her by pretending to share these feelings and got her to call 911, though Hachiyanagi put on a façade for authorities as if she had been the one to save her, according to the prosecutor.

Savoy told the court she sustained nerve damage to her face and two fingers do not work properly. Savoy said she had trouble sleeping, often has nightmares, and has headaches everyday. The attack left her in a “professional coma” and financial pressure because has had to turn down at least 30 professional opportunities, and has not been able to return to teaching. Insurance did not cover all her bills and she had to put money toward a home security system and therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder.

“I’ve struggled to find a word that could hold in its meaning both the attack and my experience of it,” Savoy said, according to WWLP. “The closest I found is this: ‘severe or excruciating pain or suffering (of body or mind); anguish, agony, torment; the infliction of such.’ This is a definition of torture. For four hours I experienced literal torture of body and of mind, not knowing if I would survive the next minute—yet needing to find some way to save my life. The emotional, physical, financial, and professional impacts of this crime have been huge and they continue. Now the defendant’s violation of me is becoming part of a public persona that I did not choose. She has invaded my privacy, my career, my life.”

Hachiyanagi pleaded guilty to three counts of armed assault with intent to murder a person over 60, three counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on a person over 60, and a count each of home invasion, mayhem, and entering in the nighttime with intent to commit a felony, according to WWLP.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 9:02 PM

^ link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote] trying to kill a friend in a four-hour attack.

In four hours she couldn’t kill a bitch?

Amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2021 11:33 PM

Horrific. This woman has antisocial personality disorder clearly.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 12:02 AM

I'm thinking perhaps "friend" is not the correct word?

Such a vicious, maiming attack on an elderly colleague, quite shocking.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 12:15 AM

Holy cannoli.

When one thinks of how many mugs were cradled, the loving hours spent between two friends and then this vicious attack!

Dark lesbos indeed.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 12:25 AM

How many well-tended plants and cats had to witness this horrific act? I hope that all were able to get therapy and plenty of TLC.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 12:44 AM

They were not friends, R5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 12:48 AM

Torturing, maiming and threatening to blind an elderly colleague, that poor woman. This monster needs to be in a cage for life. What a sick fuck she must be.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 12:52 AM

All relationships have their ups and downs.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 12:56 AM

I thought R9 would sign as Mrs. Patsy Ramsey... thankfully not because there's really nothing funny in Savoy's experience.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 12:58 AM

What a psycho. And Lauret Savoy was not involved with her romantically ( not that it would be acceptable even if they were). The attacker was an obsessed stalker.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 12:59 AM

Me Love You Long Time

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 1:01 AM

[quote] To hear Rie Hachiyanagi tell it, she awoke that day in a state of despair. Her live-in boyfriend, Heath Atchley, who has a Ph.D. in religion and was also once affiliated with Mount Holyoke, had left the state to visit family, and their relationship was nearing the end after a long, slow decline. (Atchley declined to comment.) She needed something, she later told police investigators, that “made her feel alive.”

Her boyfriend was leaving her so she needed to smash in the skull of an elderly woman with a poker to "feel alive?!"

WTAF?! That guy dodged a cannonball. He's lucky she did not kill him in his sleep.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 1:02 AM

The professor who was attacked is black and may be over 60 but looks youthful and attractive in fairly recent pictures. What a horror story.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 1:18 AM

Heaving lesbian caged in fireplace threatened by poker. Asian wench threatening and gnashing teeth. Threatened tittys, rock to dome of black tease temptress. Glasses ripped from face. Screaming face in agony as shadow on wall. Dark lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2021 6:22 PM

It's universal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2021 6:26 PM

Lesbian? Where?

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2021 6:29 PM

R15 That is some shitty haiku.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2021 6:36 PM

Poor Laurent. These are the types of injuries that can have lifelong implications.This is so bizarre. I mean how frequently do you hear someone so established and respected, rather than some meth head, going batshit like that? I'm sure criminal psychologists would have a field day with this.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2021 7:20 PM

Perhaps one will write a book, R19.

There had to have been signs.

If I am reading correctly, both had been in heterosexual relationships and they were merely colleagues. So out of left field. That woman is so lucky to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2021 7:46 PM

The perp was in a ltr with a man that was ending. She was a colleague of the victim, not a friend who had never visited her victim's home until the day she showed up to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2021 7:55 PM

Reminds me of the Lululemon murder. No satisfactory answer to the why.

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2021 7:57 PM

Too cray cray . Too dark indeed.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2021 8:18 PM

She was convicted of multiple assault counts but gets to serve her sentences CONCURRENTLY? She went to this woman's house with the express intent of causing *AT LEAST* grievous bodily harm if not outright murder and wasn't found non compos mentis; she knew what she was doing despite whatever psychiatric disorder she might have, So she'll be out in 10 years and then just has to wear a GPS ankle bracelet for a few years? That is despicable. If she had been white, much less a man, all the Mount Holyoke students would have walked out of class to protest the lenient sentencing and describe it as a racist attack.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 9:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!