Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How are YOU celebrating Halloween this year?

I need to know!

We're decorating the house, eating pâte, gorgonzola and chocolate-peanut-butter-fudge bourbon balls, and watching the first "Lost Boys," "Kuroneko" and Kinski's "Nosferatu." Then we're heading out to take care of a few neighborhood issues.

by Anonymousreply 11October 30, 2021 11:39 PM

Greg? Did you clear cookies or switch accounts?

Sounds too complicated. Pate, no thanks. Gorgonzola, stinky shit. Bourbon balls without the peanut butter and fudge are fine, No sense in overcomplicating a nice bourbon or rum ball.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote]Then we're heading out to take care of a few neighborhood issues.

What the hell does that mean? Are you all attending an HOA meeting or shooting up the neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2021 6:42 PM

I’m wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a tooth on it, and going as the Tooth Fairy.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2021 6:48 PM

[quote] Greg? Did you clear cookies or switch accounts?

No, why do you ask?

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2021 10:30 PM

We are having about 40+ friends and neighbors over for an outdoor Halloween party on Saturday. We have five 10x10 tents that will be set up in the front yard. We've been having a series of storms but the rain is suppose to stop at noon on Friday and not return until Monday evening.

Two of the tents will be filled with Halloween props. We have jumping spiders, a clown that springs up and yells surprise when someone takes candy out of a bowl, witches, skeletons, etc.

Sunday the trick or treaters will come around starting at 4pm. We give out full size candy bars and the adults get beer/wine/shots of crown royal About 20 friends and neighbors will hang out under the lit tents getting lit themselves.

This is the only holiday I enjoy celebrating so I have been having fun with it since retiring.

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2021 3:08 AM

I am in the kitchen now, making homemade Snickers Bars for the trick or treaters in my neighborhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 30, 2021 5:17 PM

Who are "we," OP? Are you speaking for the British Empire, like Queen Victoria?

by Anonymousreply 7October 30, 2021 5:26 PM

No offense, but I wouldn’t eat a homemade treat that I received trick or treating. Unless it was from someone I knew very well, like the nice woman who lives next door; we share home-baked treats sometimes, and I know how clean her kitchen is.

by Anonymousreply 8October 30, 2021 6:32 PM

Turning off all the lights and going upstairs to watch tv.

by Anonymousreply 9October 30, 2021 6:41 PM

Nothing, never do (from UK)

But we won't have any trick or treaters either as we have 40 hours of torrential rain forecast, starting at 5am on Halloween and ending on Monday the 1st at 9pm. The far North-West of England and Southern Scotland are already flooded in parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 30, 2021 7:17 PM

Watching the premier of season 13 of Doctor Who.

Happy Wholiday to one and all!

by Anonymousreply 11October 30, 2021 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!