Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ginger psycho granted parole

What do we feel about this? Reformed? I know he was a kid but his eyes are scary. Can't believe this was so long ago. Time flys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 20, 2021 5:08 AM

Hope the victim's parents and family have new identities now. They have appeared at previous parole hearings objecting to the ginger's release. Now, he'll be out... god help them.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2021 4:46 PM

He looks exactly how one would expect:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2021 4:47 PM

Still looks like an angry psycho.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2021 4:51 PM

R3 can you link to a recent picture or video of him?

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2021 4:55 PM

R4, see R2's link.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2021 4:56 PM

Gingers never age well.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2021 5:01 PM

WHY did he kill the child? Is he a pedo? Why release him? Why didn't the other prisoners take care of him for society's sake?

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2021 5:26 PM

Im sure he's on all kinds of pills for whatever voices he claims he hears. He'll stop taking them within a month. He'll kill again.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 5:33 PM

That's my boy.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 5:45 PM

Wow! I am shocked he was held that long. His psych reports must be very disturbing. I would have expected parole after maybe 10-15 years tops. This is very unusual.

Today you could not get a 13 year old (his age at time of offense) transferred to adult court.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 5:57 PM

He certainly doesn’t have the glamour of a Leopold or a Loeb, does he.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 6:09 PM

He’s still a psychopath. They don’t outgrow that.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2021 6:39 PM

Isn't this the plot of Halloween 2018?

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote] WHY did he kill the child?

Why does a man climb a mountain? Because it is there.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2021 6:59 PM

[quote] On August 2, 1993, when Smith was thirteen years old, he was riding his bike home from summer camp in a local park day camp after being told to leave due to "bad behavior" and 4-year-old Derrick Robie was walking alone to that same camp. Smith saw Robie and lured him into a nearby wooded area. There, Smith strangled him and dropped a large rock on the boy's head. The cause of death was determined to be blunt trauma to the head with contributing asphyxia. At around 11:00 a.m., Robie's mother, Doreen, went to the park to pick up her son, only to find that Robie did not arrive. After four hours of investigation, Robie's body was found.

[quote]The murder case made national headlines, largely due to the age of the killer (13) and of the victim (4). On August 8, 1993, Smith confessed to his mother that he killed Derrick. The Smith family informed law enforcement later that night. In his 2014 parole hearing, Smith said that he was bullied by older children at school, and also by his father and two older sisters. He confessed that he took his rage out on Robie, so he killed him. Smith said that he sodomized Robie with a stick in order to ensure his death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2021 7:02 PM

Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch killed someone?

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2021 7:06 PM

Even in 1993 what lame ass bitch lets a 4 year old walk anywhere by themselves ???

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote] Smith is housed at the medium-security Woodbourne Correctional Facility in the Catskills.

How’s his stand up?

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2021 7:21 PM

^I did a spit take.

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2021 7:28 PM

My mom forgot to pick me up from school when I was in kindergarten. I somehow walked home, even crossed a highway on foot. I reminded my mom about that incident from time to time. Her reaction was like Shirley MacLaine's ("It TWIRLED up!"). Except she said, "I FORGOT!"

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2021 7:29 PM

Didn’t the victims parents ever say why the victim was walking alone at four years old? I’m always interested in the parents and am amazed that they are never held responsible for anything.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2021 7:57 PM

Even if the parents were negligent, which they probably were, they were punished enough. Maybe that was the rationale for not skewering them. Who would have predicted that a 13-year-old would drag him into the woods and murder him?

I give the ginger's parents credit for turning him in.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2021 8:01 PM

I think kids who commit violent crimes should be killed. There is no reforming them . They will never be okay.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2021 8:02 PM

Lock violent boys/men away forever and the world will be a better place.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2021 8:06 PM

Notice how Yahoo left out this part of the crime? “ struck the back of the head with a rock and then strangled him before sexually abusing his body with a stick” What will he do? Go on welfare?

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2021 8:17 PM

I believe children that are that young, like the duo in Liverpool that were ten and kidnapped/tortured a tiny boy, were sexually abused and treated less than human. I think the parents should also be on trial.

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2021 9:00 PM

[quote] I give the ginger's parents credit for turning him in.

The ginger's mother was gone, and his father and sisters teased and abused him mercilessly.

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2021 9:05 PM

This man will always be a sick fuck. Why do parole boards let people like this out? Now the family of that poor boy will suffer a 1,000 times over. What a horrible rotten thing to do to them. They now must fear for their lives every second.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] Notice how Yahoo left out this part of the crime? “

Yahoo is pretty much a propaganda "news" site for I am guessing whoever pays them.

They never report news accurately or fully. That's why they took away the comment section in then name of creating a safe space - a safe space from truth and reality.

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2021 9:09 PM

Associated Press Now 41, man who killed 4-year-old at age 13 granted parole

He killed a 4yr old boy when the 4 yr old was 13?

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote] On August 2, 1993, when Smith was thirteen years old, he was riding his bike home from summer camp in a local park day camp after being told to leave due to "bad behavior" and 4-year-old Derrick Robie was walking alone to that same camp.

Today, the camp would be sued for telling the kid to leave rather than making his parents come get him.

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2021 9:18 PM

I used to walk to and from kindergarten alone.

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote] WHY did he kill the child? Is he a pedo?

Yes, a 13 year old, pedophile, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] I believe children that are that young, like the duo in Liverpool that were ten and kidnapped/tortured a tiny boy, were sexually abused and treated less than human.

No they weren’t. Even kids who do come from abusive households don’t do what they did to that boy. That was pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2021 9:31 PM

Oh, and one of them is back in prison for pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote]This man will always be a sick fuck. Why do parole boards let people like this out?

It was not first-degree murder (he was found guilty of only second-degree murder), and we gradate punishments according to the severity of the crime. You cannot lock someone away for their entire life for a second-degree murder they committed when they were 13.

by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2021 9:33 PM

The victim's parents should murder him when he gets out. You won't find 12 people anywhere who will vote to convict them for any crime. I'll chip in for their 5-star legal team.

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2021 9:37 PM

Sounds about white.

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2021 9:48 PM

He was given parole which means they could have legally kept him in prison. The safety of the victim's family should be the first concern.

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2021 9:49 PM

I’m surprised they let him out. I remember hearing about this story on an E! documentary.

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2021 9:51 PM

I wonder if they’ll let this guy out next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote] The safety of the victim's family should be the first concern.

If safety were our first concern in all things, we would live in a totalitarian state in permanent lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote] Gingers never age well. [/quote]

FUCK YOUUUUUUU!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2021 9:56 PM

I used to be into true crime and one case that really fascinated me was that of Mary Bell, a 10 yo girl in England who murdered two preschool boys.

She was released at age 23 and granted anonymity for life. She would be in her 60's by now.

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2021 10:02 PM

37? Life in prison has been kind to him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2021 10:10 PM

R42 he was in prison. He was given parole. He has already proven to be horribly dangerous. He already murdered so that keeping him in jail as a danger to society (as in the victim's family) means we live in a totalitarian state? So that this would be the work of a fascist dictator. Ok I see where your coming from.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2021 10:12 PM

R44, Mary Bell was raised in a drunken, chaotic home with a criminal step father who was often in jail, and a dominatrix prostitute mother who would take off for weeks at a time to go whoring. There are suggestions that her mother made her have sex with her clients from a very young age. She never had a chance. Gitta Sereny’s book on the case is very illuminating.

by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2021 10:14 PM

R45 that pic is from 2009. Here's a recent pic of him. He definitely looks his age here imo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2021 10:15 PM

'Once, he even saw his father punch through a wall.'

There have been worse fathers.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2021 10:21 PM

R48 The Joshua Phillips case does sound very tragic.

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2021 10:22 PM

Yahoo is owned by the corp monster verizon

by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2021 10:28 PM

I wonder what he did to get kicked out of day camp

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2021 10:30 PM

Euthanize (sp) the psycho, if an animal like a dog killed another dog that was just walking around we would kill it, the same should go for murdering crazies

by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2021 10:41 PM

R34 - The boys who killed the toddler in Liverpool had horrific upbringings. My aunt worked as a nurse at the hospital where one of them was held and told me as much.

It doesn’t excuse what they did, but it’s a partial explanation. Shitty parents/families bear a lot of responsibility in cases like these.

by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2021 10:59 PM

That headline deserves a medal for being incredibly inartful.

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2021 11:02 PM

Aileen Wuornos had a horrific upbringing, too. Rape, incest, neglect, violence, homelessness, etc. She was executed. The difference between her and the (white) men who get paroled? Her victims were white men, their victims were women and children. The life of a white man >>>> everyone else, according to the law.

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2021 11:10 PM

I don’t know why we waste time and resources with these kids. Like the two kids who murdered a toddler in the uk then got released and sent to Canada to live new lives.

by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2021 12:52 AM

I saw Cousin Oliver on Charlie’s Angels yesterday playing a female hooker.

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2021 12:58 AM

He was jealous of Derrick . He lured Derrick to an isolated place and sodomized him with a stick and beat him to death with a rock 🪨. He’s a future serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2021 1:04 AM

Speaking of psycho ginger I wonder how GapPlaylistsGuy is doing?

by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2021 1:05 AM

Didn't GapPlaylistsGuy lose all his reconstituted playlists in a greasefire?

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2021 1:08 AM

A 13 year old against a 4 yr old is essentially like an adult to a child . Eric is a coward!!

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2021 1:15 AM

I remember this case. It was so tragic. NY didn’t have a way of dealing with underaged murderers so he keeps coming up for parole every two years. I wonder why they’re paroling him now. I have to wonder how in the world he’s going to support himself when he’s spent his entire adult life in prison. I almost think he would be better off with a life sentence.

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2021 3:15 AM

R17 this is the boonies. Things like this just don’t happen there in 2021, let alone 1993.

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2021 3:17 AM

Will he get a new identity? How can you with the internet? How will he support himself indeed. He is probably bursting with bitterness and anger. This won't be good.

The boys who killed that little boy were given completely new identities and under court orders nobody is allowed to publish contemporary pictures of them there is still so much anger towards them. Yet it is known that one became a sex offender.

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2021 3:26 AM

Ticking time bomb

by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote] Even if the parents were negligent, which they probably were, they were punished enough. Maybe that was the rationale for not skewering them

If the poor little boy’s mother was black, she would be strung from the trees by the press.

Ditto the white James Bulger parent for “turning her back for just a second” at the shopping centre.

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2021 5:46 AM

The killers of James Bulger would be dead meat if they were identified. The anonymity order is for their safety, because there is still great revulsion for what they did to that poor child. Many people still feel angry that they were released at all, and the UK tabloids stoke this to sell copies. It’s like the Moors Murderers, guaranteed revenue for cynical news proprietors.

by Anonymousreply 68October 18, 2021 5:48 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 18, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote]

Is that true, R57? I haven't read that. One of the boys - not sure if it's Boy A or Boy B - IIRC has been okay since. Nothing serious. The other one is a bit of a problem to say the least. But I don't think there's been any violence except maybe a bar fight or something like that.

One of the boys was more culpable than the other - the instigator and leader, if you will.

The UK takes anonymity of juveniles very seriously. There was a UK TV mini-series about the mother of a murdered child trying to find the ID of the now released murderer of her son. It was excellent and heart breaking. Kelly McDonald played the mom.

The film Boy A was based on those UK child killers. Itw as also excellent.

by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2021 6:10 AM

I wonder what happened to his father and sisters

by Anonymousreply 71October 18, 2021 11:04 AM

Given him a break. He was the inspiration for Chucky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 18, 2021 12:15 PM

I read that he won't be returning to his hometown, but will go to a halfway house of some kind.

He's never been a functional adult, and now at age 41 has to learn how to drive, use a bank account, cook, shop, etc.

He appears to have severe FAS. Hopefully they can keep close tabs on him.

I vividly remember when this happened, and the revulsion from such an awful crime.

by Anonymousreply 73October 18, 2021 1:12 PM

"Keep tabs on him".

Sure. They'll be able to check up on him when they take his next mugshot! RME

by Anonymousreply 74October 18, 2021 3:09 PM

This season, on Love After Lockup, Eric (On Probation, Unemployed) must choose between the 3 women who have been writing to him and paying his commissary. Evan, a single mom of 7, is a hairdresser, but "knows Eric's heart". Heather, 56, homeowner, 342 lbs, is hoping, at last, for her shot at romance with an unconventional Romeo. Esther, 29, is his most recent paramour, and hostess of Murder is Fucking Glamorous Podcast.

by Anonymousreply 75October 18, 2021 3:25 PM

Ick! Why can’t he be dreamy like Andrew Garfield?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 18, 2021 3:26 PM

I'm serious, someone should take him out. Nothing of value would be lost.

If I ever lose my mind completely, I'm going to start picking off rapists and pedophiles from the sex offenders registry.

by Anonymousreply 77October 18, 2021 5:42 PM

Well I think you've already lost it completely so you might as well start.

by Anonymousreply 78October 18, 2021 7:14 PM

Momma's mussy is not tingling.

by Anonymousreply 79October 18, 2021 7:16 PM

All I want to know is "did he get gangbanged" on his 18th birthday, and was he screaming when they were fucking him!! I'm soooo HARD right now thinking about all those multi-colored cocks fucking his Ginger ass.

by Anonymousreply 80October 18, 2021 8:36 PM

R11 made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 81October 18, 2021 8:45 PM

He was ugly then and he's ugly now. He has a face NOT even a mother could love.

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2021 12:54 AM

Gee, any bets on when he will commit his next violent crime?

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2021 1:10 AM

He doesn't look like somebody you'd have as a housemate if you had a room to let.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2021 2:02 AM

The story goes that his luxe the deformed ears the learning disabilities stem from his mother taking seizure medication when she was pregnant. I don’t know if I buy that one

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2021 2:13 AM

Looks not luxs

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2021 2:13 AM

Maybe one of the druggies in the halfway house will kill him?

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2021 2:58 AM

R85 Even if that were the case it makes him no less dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2021 9:36 PM

At 13 he's a child. Funny how the same authoritarian fascists who scream 17yo are "children" when it comes to sex want to lynch 12 yo.

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2021 9:46 PM

Nobody wants to lynch him. He should be permanently where he can't do any more harm to anyone which he has already proven himself most terribly capable of. All the more so if he has brain damage stemming from his mother's use of certain drugs. It's horrible but life doesn't play itself out according to your sympathies.

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2021 11:53 PM

Often times in these cases, the recently released cannot cope with life on the outside. They end up killing themselves. Take the case of Paula Cooper from Indiana who was sentenced to death at 16, released at age 43 (2013), killed herself in 2015. She stabbed a Sunday school teacher to death in a brutal murder. Stabbed so hard, the tip of the knife broke off in the wood flooring. Some people have inner demons that prison cannot eradicate or that prison exacerbates. Prison may be the only thing that keeps them safe or alive.

by Anonymousreply 91October 20, 2021 12:07 AM

I feel for The victims parents and brother .

by Anonymousreply 92October 20, 2021 2:27 AM

^ Bold statement.

by Anonymousreply 93October 20, 2021 3:08 AM

I worked with seriously disturbed children in my twenties. There were a few that we could have done no greater favor for both them and society than to hold them in a secure psychiatric facility and to treat them decently for the rest of their lives.

Have you noticed Eric’s ears and strange appearance? I wonder if they have ever checked him for genetic anomalies?

by Anonymousreply 94October 20, 2021 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!