Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The legacy of the Carpenters

Still talking about them a half century later!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2022 6:51 AM

The #1 choice is probably my least favorite song of theirs, though.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 9:25 PM

I don't know her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 9:30 PM

She was OK but a little porky.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 9:36 PM

Karen would have been a major star of the 80's had she gone out solo.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 9:46 PM

Richard Carpenter is not holding up well in history. I saw an interview with Neil Sedaka, who had opened for the Carpenters in concert. Sedaka, who is very sweet, said that Richard banished him b/c Sedaka was getting standing ovations.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 9:49 PM

I always got the impression RC was a petty diva that resented Karen’s fame—so he probably took it out on anyone he could. Neil S also doesn’t seem like a person who’d make up mean things to say about others.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 9:55 PM

I was the hero of the family, but definitely not the kind you would eat.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 10:10 PM

Did they lez out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 1:07 AM

Karen's brief and unusual marriage makes one wonder if she preferred the hole over the pole. I'd love to have her on our team!

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 3:20 AM

Thought's on Mindi's rendition of Little Alter Boy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2021 6:15 PM

I meant to say thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2021 6:16 PM

Voice of an angel & a dummer...Crazy!

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2021 6:19 PM

“Superstar”.

And she always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] Karen would have been a major star of the 80's had she gone out solo.

What 80s hits would have been good for Karen? I’d love to hear her take on Sugar Walls

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2021 7:47 PM

If Karen had lived she should have joined the cast of The Love Boat (cruise director/entertainer) after Lauren Tewes was fired.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2021 5:07 AM

I think one of their best songs was "The Uninvited Guest," which is sadly overlooked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2022 6:22 AM

Ugh r10. She sings fat.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2022 6:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!