Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax Trial Will Begin Nov. 29th

[QUOTE]The actor was charged with filing a false police report when investigators discovered he paid two brothers to stage a hate crime against him. A Chicago judge ordered that jury selection will begin November 29th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589December 7, 2021 12:25 AM

wtf kind of a name is 'Jussie'?

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 11:46 AM

It's short for Justicedog.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 12:15 PM

Do we think he will get “rape” raped in the clink?

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 12:32 PM

I didn't know this was still dragging on. How long has it been, nearly three years?

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 12:38 PM

Jussie and company will again dress like crack heads in their Michael Jackson sunglasses.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 12:40 PM

Oh, he's going to love the attention.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 12:46 PM

[QUOTE] I didn't know this was still dragging on. How long has it been, nearly three years?

[QUOTE] The embattled actor, who is black and gay, is accused of lying to police when he reported he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack in downtown Chicago in 2019.

[QUOTE]He was charged with filing a false police report when investigators discovered he allegedly paid two brothers to stage a hate crime against him because he was unhappy with his salary.

[QUOTE]Those charges were controversially dropped by Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx’s office. A judge then assigned a special prosecutor to the case, who charged Smollett with six new counts of disorderly conduct in Feb. 2020.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 12:48 PM

I thought this shit was long over.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 12:49 PM

Seems like they are making a huge deal out of this. Trying to make an example of him?

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 12:50 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray to Speak on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation at 8:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 12:52 PM

His hoax poured gasoline of race relations and used up tons of Chicago Police man hours while they doubted his story from the beginning. He is stubbornly sticking with his story. He should go to jail for it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 12:57 PM

Black AND gay? Oh the justice system is gonna FUCK him. And when he gets to prison everybody is gonna fuck his pretty ass!

I'm not interested in this story. We all know how it will end.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 1:02 PM

If it seems like it's taking forever, you can be certain that it has been HIS attorneys who have been delaying things for as long as humanly possible. If they had wanted it resolved, they could have filed a "speedy trial" motion, demanding a very prompt trial. They're not in a hurry, because it's obvious he's guilty.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 1:02 PM

I’d call him the male Tawana, except he is super entitled and privileged.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 1:07 PM

No cameras. What a bummer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2021 1:09 PM

R9, JUSSIE made a big deal out of it. They’re just returning the favor.

Don’t you remember? Jussie doubled down on his preposterous story and his flying monkeys called anyone who questioned it “racist”.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2021 1:10 PM

So agents and producers won't get to see his performance on the stand?

Pity.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2021 1:11 PM

This little escapade receives more traction than January 06,2021.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2021 1:15 PM

Also re the delay, recall that the courts all over the US were essentially closed for more than a year, due to Covid 19; criminal cases receive priority over civil cases, but the court systems are BADLY backed up because nothing was processed for so long.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 2:02 PM

And it won't be anything out of the ordinary if he takes a plea to a lesser charge on the first day of the trial.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2021 2:03 PM

Isn't this just a fine? Why is it going to court?

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2021 2:05 PM

Yes, just take a plea to a minor charge, pay the fine and move on. He can still salvage his life and career.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2021 2:06 PM

He should present hole and let the entire jury fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2021 2:07 PM

If they show the Jury Jussie's dongage, will it help or hurt his chance of acquittal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote]And when he gets to prison everybody is gonna fuck his pretty ass!

Just give his ass to the main black honcho and live under his protection.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2021 2:16 PM

[quote] I’d call him the male Tawana, except he is super entitled and privileged.

Not even close. Tawana was out with her boyfriend and was going to get in a shitload of trouble so she concocted a tale of abduction and abuse by white police.

Jussie just made the story up out of the blue for some victim mojo, because in our age of social justice posturing, only oppressed victims get attention.

R21 we are past that. They initially let him get away with it. They just billed him for police overtime. (Well, not all of it no doubt.) He pushed back on even that. So they went after him with both barrels. As he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2021 2:18 PM

He really made his bed and now has to lay in it. He could have just taken a plea deal originally but instead chose to countersue and drag this out. Chicago won't let this slide because of the cost and embarrassment it caused. Jussie killed his career with this stunt, who will hire him now after this? And it's not like he was some great acting or singing talent. He was just a pretty boy who had a lot of respect and love for being openly gay and Black, now that respect is tossed out the door.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2021 2:18 PM

He will get off with a slap on the wrist

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2021 2:22 PM

Dave Chappelle's telling of the Jussie tale:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2021 2:27 PM

R27 "now has to lay in it"

LAY in it??

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2021 2:30 PM

R26, I never bought that bullshit story. I think Sharpton planned the whole hoax and paid the Brawley family to go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2021 3:14 PM

He’ll get fucked up the ass in prison.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote]No cameras. What a bummer.

His first chance to go before the cameras in years has been thwarted!

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2021 3:20 PM

Wow, no one had made that observation yet, r32.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2021 3:20 PM

Watch him court [bold]fight the fuck back[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2021 3:20 PM

Producer: "Alright Chris. Whatever you do, no Jussie Smollett jokes. I repeat: No Jussie Smollett joke." Chris Rock: "You know what you're forcing me to do, right?" Producer: "Oh, I am absolutely aware. Now get out there and don't tell Jussie Smollett jokes so we can all not laugh our asses off."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2021 3:23 PM

That’s clearly not what happened r31. There are kids she hung out with who knew she was out partying but still worried what would happen because she didn’t get home that night.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2021 3:34 PM

R9, Which is it: Nobody here was aware this case was still going on; or it's "a huge deal"?

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2021 3:43 PM

What kind of idiot does a Black American man need to be to think he has to PAY to get physically attacked?!

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2021 3:46 PM

[quote]Also re the delay, recall that the courts all over the US were essentially closed for more than a year, due to Covid 19.

Exactly. It's amazing that some people don't have the brain power to realize this simple fact.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2021 3:51 PM

R37, Sure, Rev Al….

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2021 3:52 PM

1. Let me do a quick thread about this Jussie Smollett hoax. Because we need to ask questions about who else was involved in this hoax. I have always been critical of the deceptive tactics of the white LGBT community. Now as we know, Jussie has campaigned with Kamala Harris

2. Kamala Harris was one of the people who authored the Anti Lynching Bill. Remember, these people below are funded by certain groups with certain agendas that has nothing to do with helping ADOS. That’s why whenever we bring up a Black agenda, Kamala & Cory changes the subject

3. That anti Lynching Bill Kamala introduced snuck in some LGBT language at the last minute. The white LGBT community has always tried to attached themselves to the plight of Black Americans to give the false impression that they have had a comparative historic struggle

4. Even white people called out the deceptive tactic of attaching LGBT language onto a bill the addressed the historic attacks on Black citizens. People saw they were trying to use Black suffering to push unrelated agendas that would benefit white society

5. After the Jussie “attack”, all these liberal, Kamala Harris supporting media outlets kept going out of their way to use the term “homophobic AND racist attack”. The fact they so many of them were using the same exact term, suggests that this was commissioned from the top level

6. They used this Jussie hoax to pass this anti Lynching bill, and this is the first time in history the white LGBT community has an official document GIVING THEM FEDERAL PROTECTIONS AS AN OPPRESSED GROUP like Black Americans. This Lynching Bill was a victory for the LGBT crowd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2021 3:59 PM

This is literally the last thing he will ever star in again.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2021 4:28 PM

Ugh! Him again.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2021 4:33 PM

I just hope he wears tight dress pants to the trial so i can view his asscheeks

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2021 4:56 PM

He’s super hot even if he’s clinically insane. Totally would.

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2021 5:11 PM

Can't wait until they put me on the stand! I'm going to take that bitch down.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2021 5:28 PM

R10 I don’t know if you are the original troll who started that of a copy cat but BRAVO!

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2021 5:35 PM

Does anyone remember the thread posted here asking for advice about writing ransom notes just before this story broke? I think it was called "how to write a convincing ransom letter" or something similar. Of course, shortly after the Jussie story came out Muriel deleted the thread, but it was up for long enough for several DLers, including myself to make the connection. Wild times.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2021 5:36 PM

People are mad at Jussie. A lot of important people attached their name to this, including Kamala. He is going down as a result, as he should. Normally I would say that the level of public embarrassment and career ending fiasco would be enough, but the fact that he is unrepentant and digging in his heels makes me want them to go in all the way.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2021 5:37 PM

I still don't understand why he did this. it's just nuts. His career was at an apex. He wasn't struggling.

Even if he was desperate for attention (as people are these days) there's much better and easier ways than this concocted hate crime involving non reliable third parties. Lol. And then the doubling down once it started to unravel. He couldn't figure out himself that "the jig is up" and pushed forward even though multiple government agencies were getting involved and realizing it was bullshit.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He willfully ruined his career and had all sorts of folks wasting all sorts of resources.

What happened to the Nigerians?

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2021 5:41 PM

This is nothing but a witch hunt motivated by racism by those who no longer can see truth.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2021 5:45 PM

Those old threads were fun. Too bad Ron Elgas traded in his hotness to look like a robot with shitty veneers. No more "All hail" for Ron. We will have to find a new hottie.

R50 YES that letter thread is below. I sent it in to CBC Chicago and they retweeted it. We were famous for a wee minute.

I hope once this trial is over that the FBI *finally* gets decides to go after him. That's where the serious time comes in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2021 6:08 PM

SORRY! The link to the original letter thread was in response to r49

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2021 6:10 PM

Make @CWBChicago I need a fucking nap.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2021 6:15 PM

Is he going to use the insanity plea? He is mentally ill. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2021 6:17 PM

He's one of those who would never admit to being anything less than perfect r56. Though he may change his tune depending on how many years he could be facing in the clink.

How has he been paying his way this whole time?

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2021 6:19 PM

Jurnee Smollet is his sister.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2021 6:23 PM

Right-wingers will go on and on about this but will ignore Sherri Papini who falsely accused Latinas of kidnapping her AND GOT AWAY WITH IT

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote]Is he going to use the insanity plea? He is mentally ill. Asshole.

Yes, I suppose mental illness is the only possible explanation for someone sticking to such a ridiculous story. Can anyone think of any other conceivable reason?

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2021 6:29 PM

R60 Egoism.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2021 6:34 PM

I just checked and stunned but not surprised that Kim Foxx still has her fucking job. Shoot that one into space along with Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2021 6:40 PM

The Chappelle bit at R29 is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2021 6:42 PM

OMG, R53!! I can't believe you found it! I had "ransom note" in my head, so I was looking for the wrong thread all along. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2021 6:43 PM

I can't wait for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2021 6:47 PM

R64 You are so welcome. So glad it didn't get zapped!

by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2021 6:49 PM

So this case is being pursued while cops who kill black people are still on duty and will never go to court. Twisted priorities.

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2021 6:49 PM

Just wait until I take the stand!

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2021 6:50 PM

I know it's been a couple of years but have we forgotten about the series of threads we had covering this saga? I loved the subtitles like Not Without My Sammich and Subway to Hell. I think I may have come up with one or two of them. Here's a link to Part 17 (Karma Comes To Those Who Fake), which looks like the last one. It's closed now. We'll have to start Part 18 for the trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2021 6:54 PM

We did voting for thread titles which came up with some great ideas. We took the issue seriously, but also had fun when we could.

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2021 7:08 PM

[quote] So this case is being pursued while cops who kill black people are still on duty

You won’t believe this, but there are also cops who killed people of other skin colors who are still on duty, too

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2021 7:20 PM

His whole narrative rests on the absurd idea that MAGAts somehow watch "Empire" and recognized him from that.

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2021 7:23 PM

^ You have a point. Cops target the poor and minorities. Basically the "undesirables". So poor whites in a trailer park or homeless drug addicts and prostitutes on the corner are targets too.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2021 7:27 PM

His career is dead. Thank god.

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2021 7:47 PM

He never should have included the detail about mags hats. That’s how most people knew it was bullshit from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2021 7:48 PM

Jussie, be inspired by Lana at Cheryl's trial: weep, tremble, quiver lips, wring hands fretfully, faint. Give the performance of a lifetime!

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2021 8:06 PM

I hope they throw the book at him. So many resources he wasted. So many people he disappointed.

I'm still traumatized by the betrayal. When I found out this happened to him, I was devastated. I had to ask my manager if I could go home because I felt sick and nauseous. I was so worried for Jussie I couldn't even work! And when I went home, I cried all night and had to call in sick for work the next day.

But when I learned that Jussie had staged this, it felt like someone had ripped my heart out! I still feel that hand reaching in and tearing out my heart. I couldn't breathe.

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2021 8:08 PM

If anyone wants to get a feel for how things were going in real time, google Datalounge Jessie Smollet Updates. They won't come up in sequence, but fish around especially in the later threads and you can get a feel for how it all started, what a disaster he and it was, and how it (never apparently, ended. You'll also get some of the context of inside stuff like The Salad, but more than that you will get a feeling of overall sentiment at the time. This was before authentication was required, so you could also see the barnstormers and PR in action. Quite the ride.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2021 8:51 PM

He never should have included the detail about mags hats. That’s how most people knew it was bullshit from the beginning.

There were so many stupid elements to the story that made it unbelievable. Also:

1) He claimed he was outside after midnight in the dead of the Chicago winter when it was sixteen below outside--because for some reason he was desperate to get a sandwich from Subway. Who needs to get a sandwich that late at night in such cold weather?

2) He got a threatening letter in LA a few weeks before the attack, and yet even so the attackers in Chicago seemed to approach him only because they recognized him from "Empire" (as if they just happened on him by chance). Who sent the threatening letter if the attackers in Chicago did not?

3) If they really poured bleach on him, why they were careful not to harm him with it? He had no damage to his skin or to his eyes.

4) After supposedly pouring bleach on him, the attackers supposedly hung a noose round his neck made of string instead of rope, which he refused to remove until he walked into the police station claiming he had been attacked. Why would they sue string instead of rope? Where did they get the string to fashion the noose? Nooses are extremely potent symbols in the African American community because of the national history of lynching, but they are not among white racists unless they are trying to actually hang someone or something from them.

by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2021 9:06 PM

He’s an asshole. He’s got his whole family lying for him - including his sister who has a legit career, unlike him.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2021 9:08 PM

" I'm still traumatized by the betrayal. When I found out this happened to him, I was devastated. I had to ask my manager if I could go home because I felt sick and nauseous. I was so worried for Jussie I couldn't even work! And when I went home, I cried all night and had to call in sick for work the next day.

But when I learned that Jussie had staged this, it felt like someone had ripped my heart out! I still feel that hand reaching in and tearing out my heart. I couldn't breathe."

MARY!! MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2021 9:21 PM

r81, how could you not recognize that as a put-on?

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2021 9:26 PM

Here's the interview Robin Roberts did with him right before his tale began to unravel (the fact about the Nigerian was discovered shortly thereafter). Her skeptical glare at him all throughout is priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2021 10:07 PM

R27

[quote] He really made his bed and now has to lay in it.

Oh Dear.

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2021 10:14 PM

[Quote]Her skeptical glare at him all throughout is priceless.

My feeling is that she really wanted to believe him at first, but once she did her research for the interview, and then conducted it with him, her bullshit radar immediately shot skyhigh. She was seemingly doing the best she could to not yell out "BULLSHIT" in his face.

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2021 10:29 PM

Another person who has no shame. Sociopathic tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2021 10:31 PM

how does the ransom thread relate to this case? I ignored it, he isn't on my radar.

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2021 10:37 PM

[quote]I can't wait for the movie.

Only if it features the Africans training Jussie's bussy

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2021 10:41 PM

R75, and the fact it was a polar vortex.

And, that they poured bleach on him. And that two MAGAs recognized him from Empire. And that they conveniently had rope on them. And that he had the rope on his neck during the police interview. And that he knew exactly where the CCTV cameras were.

No one with half a brain believed the story. From the get go people were calling it fake. However, the SJWs who believe that people NEVER lie about assault (unless the perp is trans, Black or Muslim in which case it is a lie) pushed back and called him a hero. And, Kamala and Booker got involved.

In hindsight I wonder how much of it was peoples desire for the Trump presidency racism spree narrative to be true that should be intelligent and rational people couldn’t see through it. The entire thing from start to finish made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2021 11:44 PM

It is fun to read the DL thread when the story first broke. Right away, some DLers were calling bullshit, but whenever they did, someone else accused them of being racist or blind to racial issues.

Around the 70s, more and more people support the idea that it is fake or at least we need to wait and see. At around the 100 mark it moves back to team Jussie. Luckily by the 200 mark is is back on the suspicious side and stays that way.

I am happy to say I knew it was fake from the get go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2021 12:01 AM

[Quote]Dave Chappelle's telling of the Jussie tale

R29 I've just watched it. Hilarious. Dave Chapelle is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 91October 17, 2021 12:07 AM

At first I believed the story, R90, but as more came out it became clear that it was fake. Too many details, you know?

by Anonymousreply 92October 17, 2021 12:12 AM

[quote]He’s super hot even if he’s clinically insane. Totally would.

That's part of the problem, he knows dudes will still eat dat ass and pay his bills despite his awful behavior.

by Anonymousreply 93October 17, 2021 12:27 AM

“He should present hole and let the entire jury fuck him.”

He’s praying hard for a hung jury.

by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2021 1:33 AM

He's got such a beautiful voice.

I wonder why he did it--if he's just mentally ill, or because he really thought this would somehow advance his career.

by Anonymousreply 95October 17, 2021 1:43 AM

Maybe he's insistent on a trial because he knows that the *only* hope of him having any more to do with show business depends on him being acquitted (??).

by Anonymousreply 96October 17, 2021 1:45 AM

Klan Grannies are all over this thread. They want him put away for 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]He's got such a beautiful voice.

He can sing...his voice is not very unique though. So many guys have that nasally wanna Michael Jackson tone.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2021 1:53 AM

No, I meant his speaking voice, r98. He has one of the most beautiful speaking voices I know.

Too bad he's batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2021 1:55 AM

Agree about his speaking voice r99, why can't his singing voice be that nice?

by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2021 2:01 AM

Wasn't this staged attack supposed to help him with Empire negotiations? They weren't offering him enough or Jussie felt like he needed to take his career to a higher level and thought this attack would make him some kind of famous victim?

by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2021 2:08 AM

r101 Jussie did have a solo music career at the time, but the only people who followed it were obsessed fangurls. From what I could tell he was a little resentful that his Empire role totally overshadowed anything he was doing outside the show. Or he could just be a mental stunt queen who gets off on things like he did. I think a little of both.

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2021 2:16 AM

This little racist fuck needs to go to prison!!

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2021 2:25 AM

You're not lying, r84.

by Anonymousreply 104October 17, 2021 2:34 AM

I knew he was lying when he said he went to Subway for a sandwich. Subways only sell hot dogs and those I heart NY t-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2021 2:49 AM

Watching that interview with Robin Roberts in hindsight - he is a sociopath, it’s scary.

by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2021 3:13 AM

Only the most CNN-following brain-laundered iFruiters, like r59, can't realize the coordinated (((effort))) that went down to coverup this embarrassing scam.

Leaked text (now conveniently deleted by Twitter) show an Obama aide contacted Kim Fox, the prosecutor against Jussie Smollett to get together to talk about Jussie. They then dropped the charges before he ever had to go to trial to prove his innocence because they know he would have gone to jail. Smollett was a friend of Michelle Obama.

Remember a grand jury already saw the evidence and decided to charge him. He's literally got off Scott free. Pure insanity. I'm sure Kim Fox was planted as the prosecutor for this exact reason.

To recap in more detail, not that it should even be necessary... a grand jury made up of his peers found there was evidence enough to indict him on 16 felony charges. Previously, The State Attorney General Kim Foxx had a text message conversation with Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama's Chief of Staff, and a relative of the Smollett to have the case moved to the FBI. She then recused herself and Joseph Magats (unfortunate last name!) took over the case and decided to drops all charges and the judge agreed to seal the case. The Mayor said that this was a whitewash of justice and that this is an instance of somebody being in a position of power and influence being treated differently and it is wrong. The Superintendent of Chicago Police said that justice was not served. Two Nigerian brothers who received a $3,500 check from Smollett were video taped buying the supplies for the alleged crime and with city video evidence and phone data the police were able to trace them back to the scene of the alleged crime and admitted Jussie Smollett asked them to fake a hate crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2021 4:16 AM

Police and DA office lie all the time. Where is THEIR trial? This is so stupid. If they did not believe him, why did they spent all the fucking resources. They are so stupid.

You know, there are missing children, unsolved murder cases and rape cases to focus on. This trial and everything is a gigantic waste of money.

THis is so fucked up. LET THIS GO.

by Anonymousreply 108October 17, 2021 4:36 AM

Hope this lying little bitch cries himself to sleep every night. He will be penniless and unemployable soon enough no matter what the sentence is. Fucking little turd.

by Anonymousreply 109October 17, 2021 4:38 AM

As if Maga people watched Empire and would be able to recognize an actor from it instantly on the street and just happen to have a noose handy.

by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2021 5:07 AM

[quote] Just give his ass to the main black honcho and live under his protection.

By his own admission he doesn't date or sleep with white guys so, the above arrangement would work very well for him.

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2021 6:05 AM

Did Jussie ever work again ?

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2021 7:55 AM

R108 Why just let this go? He faked a crime for personal gain and is unapologetic. No one expects him to get all 13 counts, that never happens. What they want is he be held accountable for his crimes, not allowed to walk away scot free and spin the narrative his way because he is friends with the DA.

by Anonymousreply 113October 17, 2021 8:15 AM

He’s an idiot. And he wasn’t even a good actor or singer. Stupid fool for throwing his mediocre, at best, career away. His name will always be shit from here on end.

by Anonymousreply 114October 17, 2021 10:05 AM

R110, At 2:00 a.m. in -16° weather in Chicago.

On another note: People, especially in Show Biz, choose to call themselves all sorts of names not 100% their birth names---Cary Grant; Judy Garland; Marilyn Monroe; und so veiter.

But "Jussie"? Off-putting because its uniqueness simply sounds wrong to the ear. Nobody likes saying it.

by Anonymousreply 115October 17, 2021 10:42 AM

And the poor, wasterd empathy of Ellen Page on Stephen Colbert at 7 minutes....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 17, 2021 10:55 AM

[QUOTE] Did Jussie ever work again ?

Yes. Jussie was in Alien Covenant, playing a straight guy. He had a love scene with a girl and everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 17, 2021 11:04 AM

^Already in the can at the time of the "incident"??

by Anonymousreply 118October 17, 2021 11:07 AM

Oh yeah my bad, Alien was before the incident.

by Anonymousreply 119October 17, 2021 11:10 AM

[quote]brain-laundered iFruiters

[quote]the coordinated (((effort)))

There was some guy a few days ago who was all over the Mitzi Gaynor threads, who was also posting in multiple threads about the troll problem around here, saying there were NO trolls at all and we were making it up. I think about him every time I see something like this from r107.

[quote]Leaked text (now conveniently deleted by Twitter) show an Obama aide

It was Tina Tchen, she is good friends with the Smolletts and that's why she got involved. It wasn't some secret Obama plot.

by Anonymousreply 120October 17, 2021 11:12 AM

because there are MURDERERS and RAPISTS out there. There are missing children. This is not a priority issue. It is a waste of tax payer dollars. This is a fucking WASTE OF MONEY.

by Anonymousreply 121October 17, 2021 11:14 AM

Will he allow himself to be cross-examined?

by Anonymousreply 122October 17, 2021 11:16 AM

Same, r92. If you read the old threads you'll see people were saying "It's fake because Subway isn't open at that hour!" or "It's fake because how is throwing white paint on a black man racist?"

This whole thing blew up because it was one of the very, very few times that the dumbass everything-is-a-conspiracy -and-also-racism-doesn't -exist folks were right about something being a hoax.

I no longer remember what it was that made me believe it was a hoax, but it was something reported in the news, and I came here to the active thread at the time and mentioned it and no one cared. Everyone was too busy making up stories about Obama conspiracies and reverse racism and saying Smollett should be in jail for life, very few people actually cared about the facts of the hoax or how the whole thing unfolded.

by Anonymousreply 123October 17, 2021 11:17 AM

R121 Well last time they tried to file charges on a group of murderers, the DA declined, remember?

Plus, the police already finished their investigation. This takes no resources from them now. It doesn’t mean less resources towards fighting crime. But, you already know that. You just want this to be let go because he is black and you want to protect your own.

by Anonymousreply 124October 17, 2021 11:24 AM

I know the racists are having a field day, but this was never about a hate crime. Jussie owed the Africanbrothers drug money and they tried to collect. That is all it was until Jussie started lying.

by Anonymousreply 125October 17, 2021 11:46 AM

Those fine Nigerian-American men are drug dealers, R125? Calling them that without evidence makes you the racist.

by Anonymousreply 126October 17, 2021 12:07 PM

Sociopaths like Jussie need justice just for wasting everyone's time, money, and attention, and sometimes empathy, all for BULLSHIT. Pure bullshit. It's more than exhausting. This case also shows that identity politics produces some intelligent people who have two faces. The private person who has bullshit detectors and the public face who says what he/she thinks is expected by peers and the zeitgeist. That is hypocrisy, and powerful liberals who supported Jussie would have liked this case to disappear because they were caught out - they are either two-faced, or complete idiots. And they are NOT complete idiots.

by Anonymousreply 127October 17, 2021 12:30 PM

R29 bahahahaa, one of the comments under the video:

[quote]Props to Jussie for hiring black actors for traditionally white roles

by Anonymousreply 128October 17, 2021 1:03 PM

R123, No, that is not what people said. You can literally reread the fucking thread. People knew it was bullshit because it was the typical over dramatic SVU hate crime that social justice MARYS like you eat up.

Rope and bleach? Maga hats? All too perfect. And the fact that random racist would happen to recognize a B list star from a show popular with only Black people in the middle of a polar vortex?

People like you are the worst. Instead of admitting you got carried away in a moral panic, the issue is the people who knew it was bullshit from the state because they dare to question a victim.

by Anonymousreply 129October 17, 2021 1:04 PM

Anyone who hasn’t already watched the Chappelle clip linked at R29 needs to do so.

[quote]Don’t ever forget what happened to that French actor.

[quote]You know who I’m talking about.

[quote]Jussie Smollett, he’s a very French… A very famous French actor.

[quote]Y’all never heard of Jussie Smollett?

[quote]Jussie Smollett is an actor from France. And he became famous on a show called Empire. And one night, he was in Chicago late at night, and was the victim… He was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack. You see, Jussie Smollett is… gay, and he is black, not just French.

[quote]Oh, it was a crazy story. Apparently, when he’s walking down the street late at night, two white men came out of the shadows, uh… with MAGA hats on and beat him up. Tied a rope around his neck, called him all kinds of niggas and… and… put some bleach on him and ran off into the night.

[quote]This shit was, like, international news. And everybody was furious, especially in Hollywood. It’s all over everybody’s Twitter feed and Instagram page. “Justice for Jussie” and all this shit. The whole country was up in arms.

[quote]We was talking about it all the time on the news, and… and, for some reason, uh, African Americans, we were like oddly quiet. We were so quiet about this shit that the gay community started accusing the African American community of being homophobic for not supporting him.

[quote]But what they didn’t understand is that we were supporting him with our silence. Because we understood that this nigga was clearly lying.

[quote]None of these details added up at all. He said he’s walking down the street in Chicago and-and, uh, white dudes come up to him and say, “Hey, man, aren’t you that f@gg0tn1gger from Empire?” What the fuck? Does that sound like how white people talk? I know white people. They don’t talk like that. “Are you that f@gg0tn1gger from Empire?” They would never say that. It sounds like something… that I would say. If you’re racist and homophobic, you don’t even know who this nigga is. You don’t watch Empire.

[quote]Black people never feel sorry for the police, but this time, we even felt sorry for the police.

[quote]Can you imagine if you was a police veteran taking this kid’s police report?

[quote]“Okay, Mr. Smollett. Please, tell me what happened.” “All right, you… 2:00 a.m. You left the house at 2:00 a.m. It was minus 16 degrees and…

[quote]All right. You were walking?

[quote]You were walking.

[quote]All right.

[quote]And… and where were you going?

[quote]Subway? Sandwiches? That’s when the men approached you? Did you see them? Do you have any– Okay, what did they have on? MAGA hats? MAGA hats on in Chicago?

[quote]Excuse me, one second, Mr. Smollett. Frank, come here for a second. Find out where Kanye West was last night.”

[quote]Such a fucking outrageous story.

[quote]He said they put a rope around his neck. Has anyone here ever been to Chicago?

[quote]Yes! All right. All right, so you’ve been there.

[quote]Now, tell me, how much rope do you remember seeing? Who the fuck is carrying rope? Like, when did you get mugged, nigga, in 1850? Who’s got rope? Who’s got rope? Man, that shit was awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 17, 2021 1:13 PM

Yes R97! The Klan Grannies wanna give him the electric chair!

White people do this kind of shit all the time and nothing ever happens to them. How many White people have called the police on Black people for "raping" them, kidnapping their kids, breaking in their houses, sitting in Starbucks minding their own fucking business, or illegally selling water outside their own homes only to later find out the White people to be completely full of shit? Gimme a Break.

No, he does not belong in jail. He did not kill anyone. He just made a damn fool of himself. Give the man a fine (if you must) and keep this shit moving. He's been sufficiently dragged. You've made your point. His career is destroyed. Enough already!

by Anonymousreply 131October 17, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote]Chicago won't let this slide because of the cost and embarrassment it caused.

He should have just paid for the cost of the investigation.

[quote]Yes, I suppose mental illness is the only possible explanation for someone sticking to such a ridiculous story. Can anyone think of any other conceivable reason?

[quote][R60] Egoism.

R60, I agree with R61, egoism is the only explanation. Look at other people in this country who double, triple and quadruple down on obvious lies. Those people shouldn't be allowed to use mental illness as an excuse (if they're ever held accountable) and neither should Smollett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 17, 2021 1:27 PM

Pay it, Jussie, and move on.

by Anonymousreply 133October 17, 2021 1:28 PM

R131 In literally all those cases, the individuals involved faced either civil or criminal charges, or otherwise ruined their public reputation and lost their jobs. And calling the police itself isn’t a crime. Making a false police report is.

And as for faking hate crimes, white people don’t do that. That particular form of attention seeking is black peoples past time.

by Anonymousreply 134October 17, 2021 1:30 PM

R134 Sweetheart that is just the tip of thee iceberg. When I said White people do this type of shit every day. I mean, White people LITERALLY do this shit every day.

Calling the police and reporting a fake crime is the same thing as making a false report in terms of time and expense of government which is what authorities are claiming this case is about.

If you call the police and it is bullshit, they can cite you for that and make you pay the costs of fire, ambulance or any other costs your bullshit creates.

Do you think these White people are not filling out official police reports when they LIE and send police on wild goose chases to find the "scary Black man" who raped them or kidnapped their kids? Really? C'mon!

I am by no means defending Juicy Smolley Ayyy (As Chappelle would call him LOL) but let's not pretend that he isn't being made an example of when White people get away scot free doing the same type of shit!

Stop being a racist dumbass!

by Anonymousreply 135October 17, 2021 2:09 PM

[quote] The Klan Grannies wanna give him the electric chair!

Enough Already with the hyperbole, R131.

[quote] No, he does not belong in jail. He did not kill anyone. He just made a damn fool of himself. Give the man a fine (if you must) and keep this shit moving. He's been sufficiently dragged. You've made your point. His career is destroyed. Enough already!

As others have noted, filing a false police report is a criminal act.

Jussie Smollett remains unrepentant and has doubled down on his lies. Given that he has cost taxpayers $$$$$, required untold hours of investigation over months for many individuals (police, politicians, physicians, etc.) and made a laughingstock out of those who rushed to his defense, he created quite an international event for the egocentric purpose of furthering his own career.

As Dave Chappell adroitly stated, many African Americans (and non-African Americans) were suspicious of his claims. He used the amount of melanin in his skin as a ploy to further himself: just as you, klan granny Troll, employ that excuse for his deficient actions. In using the cover of the amount of color in his skin as a defense for his (likely) criminal actions, you are racist, klan granny Troll.

Given that Smollett is not contrite nor forthcoming and he continues to require time, energy and $$$$$ from the public for his own self-serving purposes, throw the book at him.

by Anonymousreply 136October 17, 2021 2:09 PM

Jussie's story reminded me of a kid caught in a lie. At first you believe them, then, as you ask them more, the story gets more and more outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2021 2:18 PM

R136, Cut the shit! How many people who commit crimes are contrite? This is being blown the hell out of proportion as if he is the first person in the world to ever lie! Gimme a fucking break! All the pearl clutching on this thread is beyond ridiculous!

Again, not defending Smollett, but damn some of you fuckin Klan Grannies never quit. Y'all act like he is Hitler! Get a fucking life already!

MARY!

RACIST MARY! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2021 2:22 PM

I don't think Jussie will go to jail. My bet is a fine and probation.

by Anonymousreply 139October 17, 2021 2:32 PM

[QUOTE]That particular form of attention seeking is black peoples past time.

Sure, r134

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 17, 2021 2:43 PM

Also not Black, r134

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 17, 2021 2:45 PM

Not black, r134

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 17, 2021 2:46 PM

These hoaxes are not a race thing. They're more likely a personality disorder thing.

by Anonymousreply 143October 17, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote]Police and DA office lie all the time. Where is THEIR trial? This is so stupid. If they did not believe him, why did they spent all the fucking resources. They are so stupid.

The "logic" you display in this sentence marks you as perhaps THE stupidest person on the face of the earth.

P.S. I don't think it's been mentioned here, but one of the opportunities Jussie has already lost as a result of all this is the chance to star on Broadway in the revival of TAKE ME OUT. I realize some people here may not care about Broadway, but the role Jussie was up for is a star-making role that made a star out of Daniel Sunjata. Jussie lost the part two years ago, and Jesse Williams was cast. The show was supposed to open last spring but was delayed due to the pandemic, and it's now set to open in Spring 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 17, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote] [R136], Cut the shit! How many people who commit crimes are contrite? This is being blown the hell out of proportion as if he is the first person in the world to ever lie! Gimme a fucking break! All the pearl clutching on this thread is beyond ridiculous!

[quote] Again, [bold]not defending Smollett, but [/bold] damn some of you fuckin Klan Grannies never quit. Y'all act like he is Hitler! Get a fucking life already!

[quote]MARY!

[quote] RACIST MARY!

You are defending Smollett, R131 , R135 , R138 , R139 , R140 , R141 , R142

But do go on.... with your (“klan granny”) trolling......

by Anonymousreply 145October 17, 2021 2:52 PM

I'm not defending him at all, R145. I'm just saying what I think will happen to him.

by Anonymousreply 146October 17, 2021 2:54 PM

Jussie made a mockery of people who truly are victims of hate crimes. He distracted resources that could have been used to help real victims. He got the attention AND the sympathy whereas many true victims suffer in silence.

He's a piece of shit who deserves to go to jail.

When he's serving justice for his crimes in a jail cell, then we will "get over it".

by Anonymousreply 147October 17, 2021 3:06 PM

He *may* get Lori Loughlin sentence of 1-2 months, max. All he has to do is prelube and enjoy the stay while that ass gets fucked.

by Anonymousreply 148October 17, 2021 3:28 PM

(I'm r140, r141, 142, and 143, for context.)

How the fuck am I "defending Smollett," r145??? I was responding to a poster who claimed, and I quote, "That particular form of attention seeking [eg faking hate crimes] is black peoples past time." Obviously it's not, as it cuts across race and other demographics. This behavior is a form of factitious disorder and (likely) associated with borderline personality disorder as well. It has nothing to do with race.

by Anonymousreply 149October 17, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]It has nothing to do with race.

How do you know? And if it does, so what.

by Anonymousreply 150October 17, 2021 3:36 PM

I am not hoping for jail time, nor am I hoping for him to get off scott free. A court determination that he lied and a big fine would be proportional. Justice should be fair not extreme. He needs to reflect on what he did and make amends to society. Hopefully he will change and go on to have a career. He needs to stop lieing tho.

by Anonymousreply 151October 17, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote]He distracted resources that could have been used to help real victims. He got the attention AND the sympathy whereas many true victims suffer in silence.

This is what bothers me the most.

[quote][bold]I am not hoping for jail time, nor am I hoping for him to get off scott free. A court determination that he lied and a big fine would be proportional. Justice should be fair not extreme.[/bold] He needs to reflect on what he did and make amends to society. Hopefully he will change and go on to have a career. He needs to stop lieing tho.

A fine, a court determination that he lied and a public apology for doing so.

As for reflecting and making amends... a lot of people have used the Covid lockdowns & restrictions as an opportunity to reflect on their lives and their futures, Jussie has had plenty of time to think about and take responsibility for his actions, it's been 2.5 years and he still hasn't grown as a person and he still refuses to see past himself. The only way he can make amends is to use his platform (if he still has one) to support real victims.

by Anonymousreply 152October 17, 2021 4:23 PM

R146 Go back to LSA and cry about it there.

by Anonymousreply 153October 17, 2021 4:23 PM

R152 Yeah I do not think anyone expects him to go to jail for this, and he shouldn’t. The 16 counts are just to get him to take a plea in which he pays a fine and admits guilt. That is the main one, the police are mad he won’t admit he was lying.

by Anonymousreply 154October 17, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote]A fine, a court determination that he lied and a public apology for doing so.

Agreed that this would be sufficient punishment, BUT what are the chances he will ever admit that he lied if he's still clinging to his story despite all the evidence that it's not true?

by Anonymousreply 155October 17, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]I'm the gay Tupac !

Sure, Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 156October 17, 2021 4:42 PM

Will the cast of The Big Bang Theory stand with Jussie... or stand with the Crown Attorney?

by Anonymousreply 157October 17, 2021 4:57 PM

They better.

by Anonymousreply 158October 17, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote] because there are MURDERERS and RAPISTS out there. There are missing children. This is not a priority issue. It is a waste of tax payer dollars. This is a fucking WASTE OF MONEY.

And how do you investigate and prosecute those CRIMES if you can't rely on the credibility of witnesses. If you can't rely on the integrity of the system? That's why we have perjury statutes. That's why we have obstruction of justice statutes. That's why in most places it is a crime to lie to LE. When you fuck with the justice system and undermine it in any way then you make it impossible to deal with the bigger issues.

Further if you don't hold people accountable who ARE responsible for a "fucking WASTE OF MONEY" and "wasting tax payer dollars" on this ridiculous hoax then how do you prevent wasting more tax payer dollars in the future?

I think you might want to rethink your theory.

by Anonymousreply 159October 17, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote]Further if you don't hold people accountable who ARE responsible for a "fucking WASTE OF MONEY" and "wasting tax payer dollars" on this ridiculous hoax then how do you prevent wasting more tax payer dollars in the future?

I vaguely mentioned this at R132 but another public figure's lies have cost us hundreds of millions of dollars. Different people want Smollett held accountable for different reasons, some of those people fail to see the hypocrisy in seeking accountability for Smollett while downplaying, ignoring or denying the need to hold the other public figure accountable.

by Anonymousreply 160October 17, 2021 6:26 PM

R152, you whataboutism is really irrelevant to this discussion.

by Anonymousreply 161October 17, 2021 6:35 PM

The dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 162October 17, 2021 7:42 PM

[quote][R152], you whataboutism is really irrelevant to this discussion.

What whataboutism? I quoted R147 and R151 and added my 2 cents agreeing with them. False allegations like these make it easier for people to doubt the validity of real crimes, investigations into false allegations take money and resources away from real victims, these are two of the reasons he needs to be held accountable, it is very relevant.

by Anonymousreply 163October 17, 2021 8:41 PM

R161 Thats what the LSA folks do whenever someone calls out Black people committing a crime. They do it with Michael. They do it with Bill Cosby. They do it with Kobe.

by Anonymousreply 164October 17, 2021 9:19 PM

I’m going to start using “blacK“.

by Anonymousreply 165October 17, 2021 9:49 PM

P.O.S. continually lied to police and completely faked a racial hate crime. Die in prison. In a kitchen grease fire, Criminal pig.

by Anonymousreply 166October 17, 2021 10:09 PM

R166 Calm down, Klan Granny. What he did was shitty but let the punishment fit the crime.

by Anonymousreply 167October 17, 2021 10:10 PM

He also sold his accomplishes down the river. So much for brotherly solidarity

by Anonymousreply 168October 17, 2021 10:19 PM

accomplices

by Anonymousreply 169October 17, 2021 10:19 PM

^^R167 = Klan Granny Troll who is Racist.

FF and Block

by Anonymousreply 170October 17, 2021 10:21 PM

[quote] Will he allow himself to be cross-examined?

No, but he'll allow his prostate to be examined.

by Anonymousreply 171October 17, 2021 10:28 PM

The face of an angel. Sort of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 17, 2021 10:30 PM

His prison fantasy will play out and at least his future farts will be silent.

by Anonymousreply 173October 17, 2021 11:03 PM

Don’t forget that when he was told that the police made an arrest, he was ready to ID them. That means that he was willing to let two innocent people take the fall.

by Anonymousreply 174October 17, 2021 11:14 PM

Some thoughts on this whole farce. Reviewing the case from the beginning, I would say there are some things about Jussie's original story that are maybe not so unbelievable as everyone thinks. As for him venturing out in -16 degree weather to get a sandwich, I believe he only went a short distance across the street, and I could see someone doing that if they had just flown in, they were really hungry, and there was no food in the house. As for the fact that this happened at 2am, he kept saying to Robin Roberts that Subway stores are open 24 hrs. So, are they or aren't they? (I don't know, I've never tried to go to one in the wee small hours.)

As far as the alleged perps recognizing Jussie from Empire, and being prepared with bleach and a rope, that's not so unbelievable considering that Jussie was coming from his own home, is it? Those guys COULD have known where he lived and could have been lying in wait, and that part wouldn't be so unbelievable IF indeed the threatening letter Jussie received a week earlier had been legit.

Of course, the thing is, it seems the threatening letter WASN'T legit, and the alleged perps were actually two brothers who had worked with Jussie on EMPIRE, and it seems he paid them to fake the attack. But what I REALLY don't understand is, now that the brothers have confessed the truth and we all know what happened, why did Jussie counter-sue the city of Chicago to not have to pay restitution for all the money that was spent on the investigation? Is it Jussie's contention that brothers are lying, and that Jussie WAS actually attacked by two other guys???

Really, if someone could explain all of this to me -- especially the last part -- I would greatly appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 175October 18, 2021 4:18 AM

You are extraordinarily stupid, R175

by Anonymousreply 176October 18, 2021 4:31 AM

r175 this says he countersued for "malicious" prosecution. I do remember that the assistant DA did put some of his business out there when it was found out that he was lying; IE he is a cocaine and ecstasy user. I have no idea if you can counter sue for something like that (not really a big shock that he uses drugs) but it seemed like overkill to reveal that to the public when it really wasn't related to the incident.

I remember hoping that they would be messy and leak bombshell information about closeted celebrity men who were fucking him at that time, but alas, they never did 😁 That disappointed me the most about this bullshit because I know he's a hoe too and those investigators where likely all straight men who don't know how to really spill tea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 18, 2021 4:41 AM

What a stupid asshole.

by Anonymousreply 178October 18, 2021 4:50 AM

[quote]P.O.S. continually lied to police and completely faked a racial hate crime. Die in prison.

The fascists on DL always call for the death penalty if they've been mildly irritated by something that didn't even affect them.

Unfortunately for them, the US does not have the death penalty for lying to the police and faking a crime.

by Anonymousreply 179October 18, 2021 5:16 AM

they are still investigating this, so this is why it is costing so much money. Don't they have something better to do?

by Anonymousreply 180October 18, 2021 6:56 AM

R180 Let all crime go!

by Anonymousreply 181October 18, 2021 7:13 AM

R181 is bought and paid for Cook County Prosecutor Kim Foxx

by Anonymousreply 182October 18, 2021 7:15 AM

R145 You're an idiot. Only some (R131, R135 and R138) of those are me and as others have said, I am not defending him either. All I am saying is you fuckers are acting like he is a serial killer or a rapist the way you go on and on about him.

It's funny how you are so triggered when someone falsely accuses a White person of being racist but you have no problem with all the White people who actually ARE racist.

You had a blatantly racist POTUS (and his GOP KLAN) committing crimes against humanity every day he was in office and you fuckers didn't say shit! Now all of a sudden someone says a White person is racist and THIS is the hill you fuckers wanna die on? This is the most egregious thing it the world. Really?

The fuckers protesters too much?

by Anonymousreply 183October 18, 2021 9:55 AM

I agree too much is being made of this. It was stupidity not criminal intent. And the Court will probably see it this way as well. He'll more than likely plead out and he'll receive a hefty fine.

by Anonymousreply 184October 18, 2021 10:16 AM

^And a LOT of some kind of really humiliating Community Service.

by Anonymousreply 185October 18, 2021 1:23 PM

The silver lining in all this is that I now get to see Jesse Williams completely naked on stage. Thanks Jussie !!!

by Anonymousreply 186October 18, 2021 1:47 PM

Thanks, R177. That may be a partial explanation.

R176, unless you can give even a brief explanation of why you think I'm "extraordinarily stupid," I would say YOU are definitely the one who fits that category.

by Anonymousreply 187October 18, 2021 3:22 PM

I still can't work out what made him think this would possibly end well.

by Anonymousreply 188October 18, 2021 3:24 PM

[quote]I agree too much is being made of this. It was stupidity not criminal intent.

HOW was there no "criminal intent?" What he did was a crime by definition. Your mind works in very strange ways, R184.

by Anonymousreply 189October 18, 2021 3:24 PM

R188, maybe he's not too bright? Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 190October 18, 2021 3:26 PM

'a modern day lynching'

by Anonymousreply 191October 18, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote] I agree too much is being made of this. It was stupidity not criminal intent.

Yet it was a crime, R184. Your post is nonsensical.

Smollett continues to refuse to back down: being a drag on the system - requiring time, money and untold resources.

He, himself, brought this on and continues to escalate it.

He could have easily let this go. The more this crime continues, the more the consequences will accrue.

by Anonymousreply 192October 18, 2021 3:29 PM

R164 and don't forget R Kelly

by Anonymousreply 193October 18, 2021 3:30 PM

🤣 Jussie's starring in his most famous role ever and there won't be a single camera in the room ?

by Anonymousreply 194October 18, 2021 3:42 PM

Prison.

by Anonymousreply 195October 18, 2021 3:42 PM

Dude shouldn't go to jail, that would just gain him sympathy points. Nah, I would prefer to see him picking up turds and used condoms on the side of the road for several years. That's what I look forward to seeing,

by Anonymousreply 196October 18, 2021 3:44 PM

Has he been keeping up his hole maintenance appointments at the spa or it is full wolf back there now.

by Anonymousreply 197October 18, 2021 3:46 PM

He hasn’t had an acting job since 2018 it looks like. That career is dead.

by Anonymousreply 198October 18, 2021 3:47 PM

He publicly shit all over Robin Roberts. That's a big no-no!

by Anonymousreply 199October 18, 2021 4:19 PM

R197 I agree. If he goes to jail people will say he is a black man getting jailed for no reason. Lets have it go to trial l, where he can be throughly embarrassed, pay a hefty fee (something tells me he was spendthrift), and do community service.

by Anonymousreply 200October 18, 2021 4:31 PM

[quote] And a LOT of some kind of really humiliating Community Service.

Waiter at an all-white country club?

by Anonymousreply 201October 18, 2021 5:38 PM

🤔 Why aren't more members of the Black Community outraged that this famewhore set their movement in reverse by about 50 years?

by Anonymousreply 202October 18, 2021 5:46 PM

R202 because that is a gross exaggeration. Also black people have the savvy not to draw attention among non-blacks, to their embarrassing brothers. They make fun of him amongst themselves.

by Anonymousreply 203October 18, 2021 5:53 PM

r202 Most of the Black community put him in time out after the incident, which is why he hasn't worked on screen in the three years since. But Datalounge seems to conveniently forget this every time he is discussed here to make it seem like all Black people condone his actions

by Anonymousreply 204October 18, 2021 5:53 PM

R202 Anyone who believes the actions of one asshole is justification to discriminate against a whole race of people is a pretty shitty person and was not supporting equal rights anyway.

by Anonymousreply 205October 18, 2021 5:54 PM

He should be serving time just for having such a stupid name.

by Anonymousreply 206October 18, 2021 6:00 PM

Smollett didn't set "their movement" back 50 years. I suppose by that you mean the Civil Rights movement, and we're not suddenly back in 1972 because of Smollett's stupid stunt.

Honestly there were a lot of black people online, especially on Twitter, who were skeptical from the beginning. A lot of people stayed conspicuously quiet about the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 207October 18, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]He hasn’t had an acting job since 2018 it looks like. That career is dead.

Because he committed career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 208October 18, 2021 6:13 PM

Not much of a career.

He was a two bit actor on a two bit show.

by Anonymousreply 209October 18, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]Not much of a career.

If that was the case no one would've cared about this incident. He was rubbing elbows with the Black elite before he fucked it all up.

by Anonymousreply 210October 18, 2021 6:38 PM

Sorry, I'm still confused. Is Jussie STILL sticking to his story that he was attacked by two unknown MAGAts, and is he therefore calling the brothers liars for saying it was all a set-up? OR is he now admitting it was all a set-up, or at least not addressing that part of the situation and suing because he feels he should not have to pay damages to the city of Chicago, for some idiotic, ridiculous reason? I really, REALLY don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 211October 18, 2021 6:55 PM

R202 Read the room. Despite the active imagination of the Klan Grannies here, all I've seen lately is Black people distancing themselves from him. Even at the time this "happened" (or NOT) there were a lot more Black people distancing themselves from him than supporting him.

by Anonymousreply 212October 18, 2021 6:55 PM

50 years? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 213October 18, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote]there were a lot more Black people distancing themselves from him than supporting him.

Not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 214October 18, 2021 6:57 PM

[QUOTE] Sorry, I'm still confused. Is Jussie STILL sticking to his story that he was attacked by two unknown MAGAts, and is he therefore calling the brothers liars for saying it was all a set-up?

Yep, R211. That’s exactly it.

by Anonymousreply 215November 13, 2021 2:24 PM

In for a penny, in for a pound.

by Anonymousreply 216November 13, 2021 2:26 PM

Thanks, R215. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 217November 13, 2021 2:30 PM

Give this guy serious time, just make sure you clear Kyle Rittenhouse because, priorities. Oh and the cop who shot Breona Taylor wants his job back, make sure he gets it.

by Anonymousreply 218November 13, 2021 2:33 PM

It's all about his refusal to own the truth and accept responsibility. Lots of people would be willing to forgive if he didn't persist.

I don't know if this a dysfunctional ego thing or a desperate bid to save his career. he is getting shitty advice and eh has a whole family that could be giving him tough love rather than enabling this self-destructive behavior.

His acceptance and remorsefulness - real acceptance and sincere remorse - would be all he needs to do. Probation and a lengthy community service sentence.

But as it stands he may get some minor time.

by Anonymousreply 219November 13, 2021 2:35 PM

Will Kamala take the stand?

by Anonymousreply 220November 13, 2021 2:37 PM

He'll get BLM to threaten riots, so the judge will give in and give him a slap on the wrist.

by Anonymousreply 221November 13, 2021 2:38 PM

Justy will drive his Justy into court and cum away with a victory for the local Subway

by Anonymousreply 222November 13, 2021 2:50 PM

Did Jussie have an affair with Kamala? Don't forget he's about that fluid, homoflexible, queer life. He and Lee Daniels were trying to push that on Empire.

by Anonymousreply 223November 13, 2021 2:53 PM

I had forgotten about this story. The guy has mental problems and some sort of undiagnosed personality disorder ( histrionic perhaps?). He made an idiot of himself and ruined his career but ultimately hurt no one. Jail time would be unnecessary and a waste of time. Community service would be sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 224November 13, 2021 3:08 PM

Hurt no one? How could those police resources have been used? In Chicago no less? Jail time is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 225November 13, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote]His acceptance and remorsefulness - real acceptance and sincere remorse - would be all he needs to do.

But of course, it's too late for that now, because if he were suddenly to turn on a dime, admit he was lying, and express remorse, it would make him look even worse for continuing the lie for SO long.

by Anonymousreply 226November 13, 2021 3:11 PM

r223 gurl please the only thing flexible is his hole around those big African dicks. I also doubt he will get any jail time for this, and if he does it will be very brief.

Jussie seemed kind of angry and resentful that his music career wasn't more grand. He's handsome, he can sing, and he's been in the industry since he was a kid. Im sure he got fucked and taken advantage of by men in Hollywood, but did not have a Beyonce level of fame to show for it like he thought he would by his late 30s. That resentment seems to have overflowed.

by Anonymousreply 227November 13, 2021 3:23 PM

His hole is all stretched out.

by Anonymousreply 228November 13, 2021 3:27 PM

He is so handsome.

by Anonymousreply 229November 13, 2021 4:52 PM

He's brave.

Da man is out ta git him!

by Anonymousreply 230November 13, 2021 4:54 PM

He’s so fucken homely!

by Anonymousreply 231November 13, 2021 5:32 PM

Jussie fine but dumb as a brick

by Anonymousreply 232November 13, 2021 8:56 PM

He owed the Africans Molly money

by Anonymousreply 233November 13, 2021 8:56 PM

Juicy gon win

by Anonymousreply 234November 13, 2021 8:57 PM

I cannot believe he has not settled this. Even if he had to serve prison time it would be over and he could do whatever may be possible (if anything) to redeem his image. This just drags it out, and even if he was magically acquitted everyone would still know he did it, it's too late. He is either getting bad advice or is not taking the advice he is paying for.

by Anonymousreply 235November 13, 2021 9:44 PM

r235 the wheels of justice are very slow with cases like this, especially in places like Chicago. COVID also slowed down everything. It reminds of NFL player Mychal Kendricks who was found guilty of insider trading, it took years for him to be sentenced. I think Jussie will get a very similar sentence of a day or two in prison, a fine and community service.

by Anonymousreply 236November 14, 2021 1:04 AM

Boris was caught in the alley behind juicy’s house giving bjs to elderly meth heads.

by Anonymousreply 237November 14, 2021 11:59 AM

Just let him go. This is so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 238November 14, 2021 12:00 PM

Pete be winning.

by Anonymousreply 239November 14, 2021 12:03 PM

He fucks them until he is bored then splits. No babies either..

by Anonymousreply 240November 14, 2021 12:04 PM

R224 he needs jail time and a huge fine, at least six months. It was a national news story and further sowed division amongst minorities, and he made all Black people look bad at a time when people were trying to make their voices heard during some high profile police murders. Not to mention the damage to gay people in general, as that was the OTHER hate crime he was saying happened to him. So he damaged multiple minority communities.

His reasons seemed to be purely for attention and to promote his career, and for some reason he thought he could do that through turning himself into a victim. He might have succeeded, too, if his plan hasn't been so poorly realized.

On top of all that he damaged his family name - I wouldn't want a Smolett in any production I did. And the district attorney who decided to look the other way and yet is somehow still in her position. I hope she never gets elected to a more important office because of her obvious sleaze. She's responsible for her sleazy actions but Smolett put her in that position with his.

And him doubling down rather than just admitting it and moving on just stretches this whole thing out and makes it worse. People have come back from stupid shit like this - he could have, by doing some plays and smaller venues - but now his entire career is based around his alleged victimhood, first from the people he was "attacked" by and next from the police who have said he's lying and presented evidence as to why.

by Anonymousreply 241November 14, 2021 12:21 PM

Pete is the man!

by Anonymousreply 242November 15, 2021 6:22 AM

What has Jussie done lately? Is he working at a Subway as a sandwich artist?

by Anonymousreply 243November 15, 2021 9:27 AM

Sandwich artist? Sort of. He's experimenting with getting different types of meat between his buns.

by Anonymousreply 244November 15, 2021 1:27 PM

No use, Jussie! No use!

by Anonymousreply 245November 15, 2021 2:16 PM

R241 Jussie Smollett doesn't have the power to make all Black people look bad anymore than he can have the power to make gays look bad. He can only make himself look bad.

His career is his. He has every right to destroy it.

He has been charged with a crime. Punish him, don't punish him, I don't care. There are more serious things going on in the world right now.

But if he is punished then the punishment should fit the crime. If convicted, give him a hefty fine plus restitution for causing a misdirection of resources, and send him on his way.

by Anonymousreply 246November 15, 2021 3:57 PM

R246, why exactly do you think he shouldn’t serve any actual time for this?

by Anonymousreply 247November 15, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote] I cannot believe he has not settled this. Even if he had to serve prison time

Maybe it's my defense sensibilities but I just don't see him getting jail time if convicted - especially if he doesn't waste the city's time and pleads guilty and shows an acknowledgement of why this was wrong and some remorse. He can be 'punished' with community service, fines, restitution to the City of Chicago, blah blah blah.

I'm not about putting people in jail to set an example for something like this but I can see the argument on the other side. It could serve as a deterrent. Maybe.

And I say this thinking the guy is a total douche.

by Anonymousreply 248November 15, 2021 4:08 PM

I think he'll be found guilty but the sentence will be reduced to something like100 hours of community service.

by Anonymousreply 249November 15, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote]Punish him, don't punish him, I don't care. There are more serious things going on in the world right now.

What kind of anarchy would that lead to if we stop punishing people for certain serious crimes with the rationale that there are even MORE serious crimes committed? You might want to think about that.

[quote]Maybe it's my defense sensibilities but I just don't see him getting jail time if convicted - especially if he doesn't waste the city's time and pleads guilty and shows an acknowledgement of why this was wrong and some remorse.

Either you or I are VERY confused. Isn't this whole thing going forward in the courts specifically because Jussie has shown no remorse and is sticking to his story and still refuses to plead guilty?

by Anonymousreply 250November 15, 2021 4:19 PM

If he has the dinero, he's needs to get a top notch shrink on board with this. He can #MeeToo, & BLM it. He was a black child actor abused by evil white racist entertainment folk. He now has a dissociative disorder caused by all of this racist, pedophile abuse. This caused him to not know where he was, what he said that night. It was coupled with a drug problem also caused by all the abuse. This too made him to not know where he was, what he said. No blame, no guilt here folks.Juicy is the victim..

If the shrink can also somehow get some trans. stuff in, Juicy will not only skate, he will get bucks, accolades, you name it. Standing ovation at the Oscars?

Should we get a quick Go F' me page so he can hire a GreatShrink?? Who's up for it??

by Anonymousreply 251November 15, 2021 5:26 PM

Restitution of all the tax payer money should be part of his shenanigans…everything else is debatable

by Anonymousreply 252November 15, 2021 5:31 PM

This trial couldn't have come at a worse time for Kamala Harris, who is trying to rehabilitate her image. R42 gave the background on this.

But one interesting note: Nov 29th is also the same day the trial starts for Ghislaine Maxwell (Jeffrey Epstein's "assistant"). So that may relieve some media heat on Jussie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 15, 2021 5:49 PM

"Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax Trial Will Begin Nov. 29th"

Why not on Black Friday?

by Anonymousreply 254November 15, 2021 5:50 PM

He’s a nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 255November 15, 2021 6:25 PM

Right wingers are crazy over this Jussie business. Dude doesn’t have a record. He owed the Africans drug money. Any idiot can see that. The nutty Right wingers want Juicy executed for one bad lie.

by Anonymousreply 256November 15, 2021 8:00 PM

The DC connection outlined in R42 suggests that powerful people assured Smollett that he had their protection and would not suffer for his crime.

That would certainly explain why the DA refused to prosecute him, despite how bad it looked locally.

Of course, she has a habit of not prosecuting any criminal, but anyway: Smollett has no reason to back down, because he has been told he is judicially invulnerable.

I would further guess that he will soon grace the cover of Rolling Stone. After all, one of the Boston Marathon bombers did, and he actually killed people.

But I think the whole affair looks so shoddy that, whatever else happens, he will find it difficult to get any work after this. Many in show biz will want to hire him but fear a bad effect on business.

by Anonymousreply 257November 15, 2021 8:08 PM

R257 Hollywood has a short memory. Plus black folks are not as incensed. They knew he was lying about drug money from the jump. Juicy had a well known relationship with a girl named Molly.

by Anonymousreply 258November 15, 2021 8:21 PM

Hey Jussie, just reaching out to remind you that YOU are the victim here. Even if you did what they say you did, remember that being of mixed race you are still the victim by default! Harry and I would love to tell your story on Netflix, for a hefty fee, of course. And for a few extra bucks, Harry will lie and say his family back in England asked how dark any children you might have will be. So, have your people get in touch with my people and maybe we can work out a deal.

by Anonymousreply 259November 15, 2021 8:33 PM

R256 ONE lie?!?

by Anonymousreply 260November 15, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]Smollett has no reason to back down, because he has been told he is judicially invulnerable.

Even if that WAS true, is it STILL true?

by Anonymousreply 261November 15, 2021 8:38 PM

R259 weird and obsessed a little?

by Anonymousreply 262November 15, 2021 8:46 PM

So what are we going to call the main thread when this goes down, and what should the first subtitle be?

Reminder, Elgas has lost all hot, so a replacement will be needed.

by Anonymousreply 263November 15, 2021 8:57 PM

R259 the Tragic Mullatto defense?

by Anonymousreply 264November 15, 2021 9:15 PM

He done. Fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 265November 15, 2021 9:23 PM

R264 a new sock puppet? How nice for you Boris.

by Anonymousreply 266November 15, 2021 9:29 PM

His former co-stars have been very quiet about him after his little indiscretion.

by Anonymousreply 267November 15, 2021 10:18 PM

He could have been in rehearsals for making his full-frontal naked Broadway debut in "Take Me Out" if he hadn't done this crap, though Jesse Williams, his replacement, ought to be enough eye candy compensation.

by Anonymousreply 268November 15, 2021 10:22 PM

Juicy gon come back and be a rapper and dancer.

by Anonymousreply 269November 15, 2021 10:23 PM

Oh my god r253 NO ONE GIVES A SHIT except for bitter Bernie Bros and right wing douchebags. Kamala made a statement in support of The Victim (remember #BelieveWomen) and tied it to the anti-lynching legislation that has been trying to get a vote in Congress for decades.

When Jussie was shown to be a huge fraud - which didn't happen immediately - she of course dropped it. As did everyone else who spoke in support of Jussie except for a few idiots likely on the take, such as his sister and his business manager/agent.

It has practically no connection to Kamala at all yet you clearly think you're doing or proving something by bringing it up again. Your motives are transparent, unserious, and disengenuous.

by Anonymousreply 270November 16, 2021 12:11 AM

Smell your snatch, Jussie!!!! ! lolololol You pathetic fat fuck,

by Anonymousreply 271November 16, 2021 12:29 AM

And yet you bring up Kamala's name again, R270.

by Anonymousreply 272November 16, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote]The nutty Right wingers want Juicy executed for one bad lie.

Compounded for months by many other stupid and obvious lies.

by Anonymousreply 273November 16, 2021 12:35 AM

I'm responding to the referenced post, clueless r272.

by Anonymousreply 274November 16, 2021 12:36 AM

^^Boris is fat himself.😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 275November 16, 2021 12:41 AM

Boris is an incel and he is jealous of little Justy.😂😂😂😂. Boris is still a 50 year old virgin.

by Anonymousreply 276November 16, 2021 12:48 AM

Jussie the narcissistic sociopath needs to do his time behind bars.

One lie after another: taking up valuable time, energy and $$$$ from taxpaying US citizens.

Rather than clear things up and come clean, he insists on plunging everyone deeper in the hole he, himself, created.

His sister from another mother is Markle.

They are a grifting, lying, conniving pair of energy vampires who try to social climb their way through life.

Both of them need a day of reckoning for all the havoc and destruction they’ve created for those around them.

by Anonymousreply 277November 16, 2021 1:31 AM

I think Kamala should get reinvolved on this one. She's a lawyer, she can be soo helpful to our darling Jussie. Its sinful what whitey is doing to this fine, upstanding black man.

by Anonymousreply 278November 16, 2021 2:16 AM

Justy will do no time because he is fly.

by Anonymousreply 279November 16, 2021 2:37 AM

Girl bye!

by Anonymousreply 280November 16, 2021 3:03 AM

Jussie is a racist, period. His hatred for white people is just as disgusting as whites hating on black people.

by Anonymousreply 281November 16, 2021 8:36 PM

R247 Because sending him to jail will not solve anything. This reminds me of the comedian who said when a Black person steals a hotdog, White people want the death penalty.

Pipe down, he told a lie. Punish him for that. Nobody died. Nobody's life has been harmed in any way as a result of his lie.

You know damn well that White people lie to the police all the time and most are not even charged. Stop being a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 282November 17, 2021 2:52 AM

Like I said before if he does go to jail it won't be longer than a week, even that is really pushing it. The only reason he may get jail time is because this incident got so much publicity. Chicago has real crimes to deal with, and heavy duty criminals who need to be locked up. Not soft ass Jussie Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 283November 17, 2021 3:00 AM

Old and busted: critical race theory

New and shiny: uppity Negress victim du jour

by Anonymousreply 284November 17, 2021 3:03 AM

[Quote]What kind of anarchy would that lead to if we stop punishing people for certain serious crimes with the rationale that there are even MORE serious crimes committed? You might want to think about that.

R250 You sound like parody. 😂If you really think this is a "serious crime" your priorities are really fucked up!

I realize that many White people such as yourself are clutching your pearls that anybody would ever accuse a White person in America of being racist because it disrupts your fantasy of superiority, but the fact is there are a lot of White people doing a lot of racist shit every fucking day!

If Black people spent all their time calling out White people on their racist bullshit, Black people would literally not be able to get anything else done.

Ok so there may not have been a racist White person this one time. If it is proven then just consider this Jussie paying it forward. Let this go. It is stupid. But if you must exact a pound of flesh for his alleged misstep, then fine him and make him pay restitution. This isn't an offense that requires jail time.

by Anonymousreply 285November 17, 2021 3:06 AM

First of all, R295, I think what Jussie Smollett did was a very serious crime, if obviously not as serious as injuring or killing someone. That was my point in my other post.

Beyond that, I honestly don't understand a word of what you're raving about. Are you actually saying that, because a lot of white people (and black people) are fairly certain that Smollett lied in making up a story about a racial attack against him by two white guys, that means we think there are no racist white people in America????? If that's what you're saying, I think you should find out whether there's somewhere you can go to have your brain re-wired, because that is some insane shit.

by Anonymousreply 286November 17, 2021 5:20 AM

R286 Speaking of getting a brain re-wired why don't you get that for yourself.

Since you say you cannot understand the words I typed on the page, let me repeat it for you in words you can understand:

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

by Anonymousreply 287November 17, 2021 5:46 AM

Justy run rings around you Boris.

by Anonymousreply 288November 17, 2021 10:49 AM

[QUOTE] Nobody died. Nobody's life has been harmed in any way as a result of his lie.

How the fuck do you know? What crimes (including rapes and murders - it’s Chicago) weren’t attended to because of police resources searching for non-existent MAGA perpetrators and other elements of Jussie’s non-sensical adventure through Chicago at dawn?

He should (and will) receive jail time for this.

by Anonymousreply 289November 17, 2021 12:51 PM

He definitely deserves jail time and to pay restitution for all the overtime investigating a false claim. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 290November 17, 2021 1:21 PM

Justy will get public service or something. Sorry Boris they won’t execute him for telling a lie. If they did that your boy Trump would have been dead in 1966 (bone spurs)😂😂😂😂👍

by Anonymousreply 291November 17, 2021 4:10 PM

Some people get abused for what they are. And along comes this asshole trying to surf on the wave of sympathy he collects for an imagined crime. A victimless crime? The victims are all the real sufferers of abuse whom no one believes - also because of people like Smollet. He hurts the ones who are really suffering already and preys on empathy and pity for airtime. I don't care if he goes to jail. What he did cannot be undone.

by Anonymousreply 292November 17, 2021 4:29 PM

R291, let us know when you’ve taken Jussie’s cock out of your mouth and ass and would like to discuss this properly. Calling people who disagree with you a “Boris” is an obvious attempt to deflect from your total lack of a sustainable argument.

by Anonymousreply 293November 17, 2021 4:43 PM

R287, if you didn't mean what I THINK you meant -- that because a lot of white people (and black people) are fairly certain that Smollett lied in making up a story about a racial attack against him by two white guys, you assume that means we think there are no racist white people in America -- then explain what you DID mean, or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Bottom line: It's possible to believe that Smollett is a miserable liar and also to SIMULTANEOUSLY believe that there are plenty of racist white people in America, including some who would indeed attack a black man on the street while wearing MAGA hats and shouting racist slurs. THESE TWO BELIEFS ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE -- only to someone with a pea brain, like you.

by Anonymousreply 294November 17, 2021 9:49 PM

R294 I don't owe you shit and I don't respect your dumbass enough to give you an answer, so kindly FUCK OFF!

by Anonymousreply 295November 17, 2021 9:52 PM

R295, you are UNABLE to answer my perfectly reasonable question, because you are obviously incredibly stupid and/or totally insane.

P.S. Your initial idiotic comment wasn't directed at me but at white people in general, so even if you feel you don't owe an explanation to me, you owe it to everyone else. But I assure you, we won't wait for it, because you are clearly incapable of giving it.

by Anonymousreply 296November 17, 2021 9:58 PM

R296 NAH, I just don't "HAVE TO" answer you! HAHAHAHA! It really bugs you that I won't argue with you doesn't it? Who are you? Fuck you! LOL

by Anonymousreply 297November 17, 2021 10:01 PM

R286 I'm not the person you're addressing. But yes of course there are many racist white people in America. And it's plausible that some white moron in a MAGA hat could physically attack a black man.

It's just that the WAY Jussie described exactly how it went down- his story itself was implausible. I was sympathetic to him when I heard he'd been attacked. But the minute I heard his description of the events, I knew it was made up. It's just not how something like that would go down.

by Anonymousreply 298November 17, 2021 10:01 PM

R297, no, but it does bug me that insane and/or incredibly stupid people like you have access to social media.

by Anonymousreply 299November 17, 2021 10:03 PM

R293^^is Boris. Same old line you’ve been called out for 120,000 times. 😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 300November 18, 2021 6:34 AM

Juicy will go free as a jay bird and Boris’ evil head will spin like Linda Blair in the exorcist. Justy will probably get a new show out of this mess and Boris will weep.😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 301November 18, 2021 6:38 AM

They should throw the book at him. Narcissistic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 302November 18, 2021 6:43 AM

Justy will walk and the Africans will do some time.

by Anonymousreply 303November 18, 2021 6:52 AM

R299, Nah it just bothers you that i don't entertain assholes like you who are not here to discuss issues but just to harass other people and ruin everyone's experience because you are a fat, old, bitter queen with a non-working penis!

Work that out in therapy BITCH!

I got nothing for YOU but a big ole FUCK YOU! HAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 304November 18, 2021 9:01 AM

Boris secretly loves Jussie

by Anonymousreply 305November 18, 2021 11:27 PM

R304 = PSYCHO.

I don't need you to "entertain" me asshole. YOU are the one who began the harassment, and you are the one who's completely unable to "discuss the issues."

by Anonymousreply 306November 19, 2021 5:24 AM

Joosie gets a lot of dick, so the resident incel hates him. Oh and he is black or mix.

by Anonymousreply 307November 19, 2021 11:21 AM

R306 Seriously Dude, you are wasting your time. I am not going to engage with you in any meaningful way because you are fucking nuts. You chose to go the asshole route, so now you gotta deal with that! My response to you will always be FUCK YOU! That is what your ass deserves! HAHAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 308November 19, 2021 11:45 AM

Boris secretly want to rim Justy for day.

by Anonymousreply 309November 19, 2021 11:51 AM

Boris is an underdeveloped bottom. We should have some pityon him.

by Anonymousreply 310November 19, 2021 12:02 PM

The last thing that anyone should want is for him to do jail time. Black people have largely abandoned him. Actually, like Dave Chappelle said, most Black people saw through it right away. It was dumb white liberals who ate it up. But any Black people who were defending him have stopped it. His career is ruined. And, he is a joke.

Having him do jail time would only make him a martyr. It would give Black people a reason to rally behind him. He doesn’t need jail time. He did a stupid, dangerous race baiting hoax. He wasted tax payer money. Have the trial so he can no longer hide behind anything. Then give him a large fine.

Afterwards, let him fade into a punch line. That is what he fears the most.

by Anonymousreply 311November 19, 2021 12:09 PM

BORIS ^^ WANTS TO EAT JUSTY’s nut

by Anonymousreply 312November 19, 2021 12:15 PM

Sure he gets alot of dick - for coin. How else is he making money these days.

by Anonymousreply 313November 19, 2021 1:08 PM

R313 He was on that tv show for years. Plus he comes from a famous family who is undoubtedly supporting him. I am sure he has some money. Plus Juicy is a young hot talented bitch! Regardless of the results of this trial, and the Klan Grannies overreaction and attempts to make him out to be a serial killer, he will eventually wage a comeback.

As someone said earlier, all these attempts to cancel him are only going to make the Black community (which was pretty much done with him) and others embrace him more. You people are fucking making him a martyr by going so hard on him. Let the system deal with his ass.

by Anonymousreply 314November 19, 2021 1:47 PM

R314 But I have a feeling he lives above his means. It wouldn’t surprise me if he also spirals from this, starts using heavy drugs and ends up destitute. Not that I hope that for him. What he did was shitty. I would say rightfully career ending, but not life ending in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 315November 19, 2021 1:58 PM

R316. She will rebound. The public has a short attention span. He will be back in some role in a black oriented show or movie.

by Anonymousreply 316November 19, 2021 4:41 PM

The only work he’ll be getting in the future is HOLE work.

by Anonymousreply 317November 19, 2021 4:55 PM

For R308: "Merrily you troll along, troll along, troll along...."

[quote]As someone said earlier, all these attempts to cancel him are only going to make the Black community (which was pretty much done with him) and others embrace him more. You people are fucking making him a martyr by going so hard on him. Let the system deal with his ass.

I think I basically understand your point, R314, but are you saying that giving Jussie jail time will make him a martyr, whereas punishing him with a large fine will not? I'm not sure I agree with that part of it.

by Anonymousreply 318November 19, 2021 5:24 PM

[Quote]I'm not sure I agree with that part of it.

R318 Excuse me, but why is your ignorant ass still addressing me? I thought you said you blocked me?

I'm not here for likes! LOL

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU AGREE WITH!

Begone BITCH! LOL

by Anonymousreply 319November 19, 2021 5:52 PM

R319, I never said I blocked anybody. You must be confusing me with someone else who justifiably can't stand your psychotic ravings.

by Anonymousreply 320November 19, 2021 7:14 PM

R320 Please feel free to block me too. I don't suffer fools and won't be entertaining any of your bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 321November 19, 2021 7:55 PM

Boris wishes he looked as good as Juicy Fruit.

by Anonymousreply 322November 20, 2021 3:51 PM

Justy still sings and dances. He will get that coin.

by Anonymousreply 323November 20, 2021 9:20 PM

Juicy Fruit may enjoy those mens in prison

by Anonymousreply 324November 20, 2021 10:18 PM

Jingle Bells won’t get prison for a first offense.

by Anonymousreply 325November 21, 2021 5:32 AM

Greg is DEAD

by Anonymousreply 326November 22, 2021 1:01 AM

who gurl?

by Anonymousreply 327November 22, 2021 1:09 AM

Greg is DEAD. Read the threads

by Anonymousreply 328November 22, 2021 1:13 AM

Greg DEAD

by Anonymousreply 329November 22, 2021 1:13 AM

Greg DEAD

by Anonymousreply 330November 22, 2021 1:13 AM

Does Juicy’s ass stink????

by Anonymousreply 331November 22, 2021 4:41 AM

Juicy's ass smells like flowers and peppermint!

by Anonymousreply 332November 22, 2021 6:16 AM

Id imagine his ass smells like spring time as he keeps regular bussy maintenance appointments

by Anonymousreply 333November 22, 2021 10:23 AM

His hole is all stretched out.

by Anonymousreply 334November 22, 2021 1:27 PM

R318 Yes, that is what I am saying. He will not be made a martyr if he is fined and has to do community service, because the punishment fits the crime in that case. However, jail time would be a bit too extreme. He wasted time and money from the police, but that shouldn’t rise to the level of jail time. Of course, the race baiting and that fact he was willing to let other people take the fall is disgusting, but I stilling don’t think I rises to the level of jail time.

And most black people, who tend to be far more rational about these things that whites, would agree. Black people, contrary to what the Klan Grannies on DL say, are fine in calling out their own. They will rightfully rally in the face of injustice; don’t give Jussie that luxury.

by Anonymousreply 335November 22, 2021 2:58 PM

I understand your argument, R335, but of course, it's ultimately a matter of personal opinion as to what sort of punishment would best fit this crime. And you really shouldn't make stupid, racist generalizations like "most black people tend to be far more rational about these things than whites."

by Anonymousreply 336November 22, 2021 3:03 PM

R336 Well, it isn’t just about personal opinion. It is also about past cases. Not very common for someone to do jail over filing a false police report.

by Anonymousreply 337November 22, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote]Well, it isn’t just about personal opinion. It is also about past cases. Not very common for someone to do jail over filing a false police report.

Right, but then it's about the judge's personal opinion. And yes, that would be based on past cases, but the judge would still have a lot of latitude. And unless no one has ever done jail time for filing a false police report, I think jail is an option.

by Anonymousreply 338November 22, 2021 4:28 PM

I really wish this case got dismissed so we nevr had to hear from Smollett again. He seems to have an awful legal team.

by Anonymousreply 339November 22, 2021 5:23 PM

[Quote]"most black people tend to be far more rational about these things than whites."

R336 Given the fact that in 2016 and 2020 most White Americans voted for the most racist president in modern American History, it is a proven fact that most White people don't care about racism. That is not a dealbreaker for them.

Black people overwhelmingly rejected your racist POTUS and resisted him for his full 4 years in office (and even BEFORE that).

Any person with a functioning brain in their head knows that racism is irrational.

If you check social media you will see that many Black people were calling Jussie's lies out in real time or being unusually quiet. Sure you can cherry pick a few who backed him, but the vast majority of Black people did not support him.

So yeah, generally speaking, Black people are more rational when it comes to issues involving race.

Yes, R335 is right.

And you wonder why Black people don't just "trust you" or "take your word" when you claim to know ANYTHING about racism...

by Anonymousreply 340November 22, 2021 5:37 PM

It’s weird that Kamala just went with the whole story without any vetting. It was obvious, almost from jump, that his story was a lie.

Who would randomly have bleach with them at 2am on a Sunday night in freezing weather?

by Anonymousreply 341November 22, 2021 5:41 PM

Oh, I just can't wait to hear MSNBC's hot takes on why Jussie's story may have been false in its facts, but it's true in a greater sense that he's a victim of vicious racism.

by Anonymousreply 342November 22, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote]So yeah, generally speaking, Black people are more rational when it comes to issues involving race.

Sorry, that's still a bigoted, racist statement. I have no explanation for why so many fools supported Trump, but even if all of those people are racist -- which I wouldn't doubt -- I don't think they should be counted as representative of normal white people, because they are insane.

[quote]Who would randomly have bleach with them at 2am on a Sunday night in freezing weather?

Didn't the bogus attack supposedly take place very close to Jussie's home? As I understand it, the only way his story would have made sense would be if the two MAGATS knew where he lived, planned a premeditated racist attack on him with bleach and a noose, and then staked out the place until he emerged.

by Anonymousreply 343November 22, 2021 6:08 PM

Is Jussie still holding onto his original story? How can he when it’s already been thoroughly debunked?

by Anonymousreply 344November 22, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote]Is Jussie still holding onto his original story? How can he when it’s already been thoroughly debunked?

I have the same question. I can only assume he's maintaining that his two accomplices were lying when they say they were accomplices and the whole thing was faked? But even if he insists they were lying, there's the fact that he already knew the guys, plus the video footage of them buying that stuff to attack him with. So, I REALLY don't get it....

by Anonymousreply 345November 22, 2021 6:20 PM

Is Jussie trans?

by Anonymousreply 346November 22, 2021 6:22 PM

R346, if he's smart, he will be. Did wonders for Bradl-- er, Chelsea Manning.

by Anonymousreply 347November 22, 2021 6:57 PM

R344 In for a penny, in for a pound. He cares s about saving face and his career too much to admit to lying. He would rather be found guilty and claim he was framed then admit guilt and have the charges dropped.

by Anonymousreply 348November 22, 2021 7:01 PM

I wonder if he'll go the Elizabeth Holmes route and claim that he was not in the right state of mind due to some vague notion of being abused.

by Anonymousreply 349November 22, 2021 7:10 PM

Roxane Gay

by Anonymousreply 350November 22, 2021 7:51 PM

I agree that Jussie will never admit he was lying because he knows for a fact that it means the end of his career. What he doesn't understand is that a guilty verdict would be even worse. I doubt that even the gullible Hollywood fools who believed him in the beginning believe him now. The best approach (besides not having planned and orchestrated this whole moronic charade in the first place) would have been to admit that he was involved early on and then following it up with an Oprah interview about his addiction battle or some other excuse for his behavior. It would have still affected his career but not like this.

by Anonymousreply 351November 22, 2021 8:41 PM

He's just fucking lucky his trial isn't in Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 352November 22, 2021 9:00 PM

Some jail time where he'll be forced to bottom will go a long way in humbling his superior top attitude.

by Anonymousreply 353November 22, 2021 11:10 PM

Well r353, quiet as it's kept, Jussie a bossy power bottom. So bottoming in jail will only reward him.

by Anonymousreply 354November 22, 2021 11:12 PM

Greg DEAD

by Anonymousreply 355November 23, 2021 12:20 AM

He’s a liar. His career is OVAH! Thank god.

by Anonymousreply 356November 23, 2021 12:47 AM

Greg is DEAD.

DEAD

DEAD

by Anonymousreply 357November 23, 2021 6:10 PM

Justy lives

by Anonymousreply 358November 23, 2021 6:10 PM

White people are just mad because Juicy exploited played White people's racism the same way Trump does.

Trump lies and says "all White people are racist" so just vote for me and we can make POC lives a living hell.

Juicy lies and says "all White people are racist" and making POC lives a living hell and you want to bury him under the jail.

Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 359November 23, 2021 7:20 PM

Jussie is a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 360November 23, 2021 7:22 PM

Juicy Fruit looks better than you, Boris^^

by Anonymousreply 361November 23, 2021 8:06 PM

R359, it's probably a good idea not to post on social media while you're obviously having a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 362November 23, 2021 8:28 PM

R362 The fact that you responded proves it is you that is having a stroke! LOL

It's funny that White people vigorously fight against being CALLED a racist but they are perfectly fine with (even accommodating) people saying and doing racist things.

by Anonymousreply 363November 23, 2021 8:32 PM

My favorite bs out of ALL of this is how we are having racial justice shoved down our throats now because ya know black people can’t get ahead in America because it’s so racist. And yet everyone screaming the loudest are damn rich and accomplished black celebrities or politicians or whatever professional level they have achieved 🤨. It’s all a big psyop or payback. So tired of it all.

by Anonymousreply 364November 23, 2021 8:32 PM

Meanwhile, his directorial debut, "B Boy Blues" just premiered in NYC.

No distributor as of yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365November 23, 2021 8:48 PM

R364 What's amazing to me is that people like you are so jealous of successful Black people that you act like your brain cannot comprehend two things being true at the same time.

You are so horrified that there are successful Black people - as if they don't deserve it.

There are some successful Black people DESPITE a racist society. That doesn't negate that racism still exists numb nuts!

Damn you're stupid!

by Anonymousreply 366November 23, 2021 8:54 PM

The fact that you responded proves it is you that is having a stroke! LOL

By what twisted logic, you sicko? If you weren't having a stroke when you typed that post, then you must have been blind drunk or high as a kite.

To review, what you wrote was:

[quote]White people are just mad because Juicy exploited played White people's racism the same way Trump does. Trump lies and says "all White people are racist" so just vote for me and we can make POC lives a living hell. Juicy lies and says "all White people are racist" and making POC lives a living hell and you want to bury him under the jail.

To which the only sane response can be, "WTF??????!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 367November 23, 2021 8:58 PM

R367 You wouldn't know what a sane response is since you are obviously insane! If people like you fought racism as hard as you fight White people being called out for being racist, America would be well on its way to significantly lessening the sting of racism in this country.

But alas you choose to be part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 368November 23, 2021 9:06 PM

I'm not "fighting White people being called out for being racist," I'm calling you out for not being able to put words together to make a coherent sentence.

Just because I think Smollett appears to be a pathetic liar about this particular incident (and everyone seems to agree with me) DOES NOT mean I don't acknowledge racism among white people. Only in your non-working mind.

by Anonymousreply 369November 23, 2021 9:12 PM

[Quote]My favorite bs out of ALL of this is how we are having racial justice shoved down our throats now because ya know black people can’t get ahead in America because it’s so racist.

R364/R367 R369 That sounds pretty racist to me and anyone with a "working brain." But obviously not you... i guess you just exposed yourself as being the one with the non-working brain.

by Anonymousreply 370November 23, 2021 9:20 PM

I didn't write that, R370. You really seem debilitated from you recent stroke. Sorry about that :-(

by Anonymousreply 371November 23, 2021 11:08 PM

Sorry, YOUR recent stroke :-)

by Anonymousreply 372November 23, 2021 11:13 PM

R371 Tell the people at the home that it is time to change your diaper because you are obviously full of shit!

by Anonymousreply 373November 24, 2021 2:43 AM

Juicy fruit on the red carpet, yassss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374November 24, 2021 10:09 PM

He’s such an asshole. Can’t even stand to look at this idiot.

by Anonymousreply 375November 25, 2021 5:25 AM

Juicey Fruit would kick Boris’ cowardly ass.

by Anonymousreply 376November 25, 2021 6:04 PM

Bro is still hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377November 29, 2021 3:51 AM

will that hot ass be in court this week?

by Anonymousreply 378November 29, 2021 4:04 AM

Wasn't it thought that he had posted on DL about how to mail a letter and not have it traced back to you?

Someone said the thread had been turned over to investigators.

Will we have to testify?

by Anonymousreply 379November 29, 2021 4:09 AM

r374 those eyes tied.

by Anonymousreply 380November 29, 2021 5:50 AM

He should have been thrown in prison years ago......Will the trial be televised?....

by Anonymousreply 381November 29, 2021 6:29 AM

[QUOTE] Will the trial be televised?

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 382November 29, 2021 7:05 AM

Why isn't Colton Underwood arrested for his fake "Bathhouse Bandit" story? He claimed he was being blackmailed but ZERO proof?...Are the police investigating this fraud?...It must be nice to live in L.A. where you can be closeted, molest, lie, and commit vehicular homicide without being arrested....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383November 29, 2021 9:05 AM

Our Jussie looks as though he smells. Probably like vinegar.

by Anonymousreply 384November 29, 2021 10:37 AM

No Joke. Does anyone know how much time Jussie is facing...I don't want to look it up because I get my news solely from the Data Lounge News Network..

by Anonymousreply 385November 29, 2021 12:07 PM

R385 HERE ======>> NBC said Jussie is facing 3 years but will ONLY get PROBATION if convicted....All this over probation?......I cannot follow a trial that doesn't involve prison time....

by Anonymousreply 386November 29, 2021 12:09 PM

R359 They both belong in prison. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 387November 29, 2021 12:11 PM

R383 Did he file a police report though?

by Anonymousreply 388November 29, 2021 12:20 PM

I hope a lot of dirt comes out during the trial, I bet he’s even more psycho than we think.

by Anonymousreply 389November 29, 2021 12:25 PM

This is starting today!

by Anonymousreply 390November 29, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote]Jussie, be inspired by Lana at Cheryl's trial: weep, tremble, quiver lips, wring hands fretfully, faint. Give the performance of a lifetime!

Or just make like Miss Susan Hayward in [italic]Where Love Has Gone.[/italic] Bonus points for saying "When you're dyin' of thirst, you'll drink from a mudhole!"

by Anonymousreply 391November 29, 2021 1:52 PM

Is there anyone on Twitter who is following the case? Would love to hear about this first day.

by Anonymousreply 392November 29, 2021 1:56 PM

Jury selection starts today. The judge just said they expect that to be quick and they might even get to some evidentiary hearing this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 393November 29, 2021 4:09 PM

Has Miss Juicy arrived to court with her entourage yet?

by Anonymousreply 394November 29, 2021 4:10 PM

Yes, he has arrived with lawyers and family

by Anonymousreply 395November 29, 2021 4:14 PM

Most people think the outcome hinges on how believable the brothers will be on the stand.

by Anonymousreply 396November 29, 2021 4:16 PM

But aside from how "believable" the brothers are, isn't there clear evidence that the "crime" was all a set-up in which Jussie was involved? Or is that debatable?

by Anonymousreply 397November 29, 2021 4:22 PM

R397 lots of circumstantial evidence. and a check for over 3k. pretty obvious he was involved but jurors are fickle at times. especially in a case like this

by Anonymousreply 398November 29, 2021 4:30 PM

we haven't seen any evidence from phone records yet. don't know how much of that there will be 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 399November 29, 2021 4:31 PM

[quote] I get my news solely from the Data Lounge News Network.

Which is always accurate.

by Anonymousreply 400November 29, 2021 4:39 PM

Remember the "personal trainers?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401November 29, 2021 4:53 PM

Gawker’s synopsis today of the crime up until now includes details I’d forgotten (also shows most of the public figures who quickly tweeted support before the hoax was revealed… have weirdly left those tweets up!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402November 29, 2021 5:02 PM

the testimony from the brothers will be interesting. will find out if they were his dealers or if he paid them for sex or both.

by Anonymousreply 403November 29, 2021 5:25 PM

so, his defense will now say the brothers and one other man attacked jussie with no knowledge by jussie... and claimed they were maga whites supremacists when they attacked, then tried to frame jussie after they were found out.

by Anonymousreply 404November 29, 2021 5:45 PM

after browsing twitter i'm getting the sense that Black activists and those with blue checkmarks are still cautiously in his corner and think the real villain in this story is an overzealous special prosecutor who should just let it go. But a majority of Black people who aren't in the activist class think Jussie is an idiot and have no sympathy for him.

by Anonymousreply 405November 29, 2021 7:54 PM

update from jury selection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406November 29, 2021 8:00 PM

"Your Honor, there are too many black hustlers and body builders here. They are intimidating the jury."

by Anonymousreply 407November 29, 2021 8:21 PM

The need to do a biopic. Viola could play him if they do non-binary casting (and she loses some weight)

by Anonymousreply 408November 29, 2021 8:34 PM

yasss Juicy cleaned up for the court date, I bet that booty was sitting up in those tight dress pants! 🍑

r408 I want Tahj Mowry to play Juicy in the biopic. Wait, are we sure they aren't the same person? 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409November 29, 2021 10:29 PM

Opening arguments are starting... starting to get evidence we didn't hear about before. Also mentioned was that at least one of the brothers got cocaine for Jussie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410November 29, 2021 10:59 PM

and more about surveillance cameras

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411November 29, 2021 10:59 PM

"Webb: Smollett refused to turn over his phone to police or submit to DNA test so they could analyze the rope. Weeks later he turned over limited phone calls with his manager that were “useless” to the investigation."

by Anonymousreply 412November 29, 2021 11:17 PM

"Prosecutor says Smollett didn’t want CPD to see communication with one of the Osundairo brothers"

by Anonymousreply 413November 29, 2021 11:25 PM

According to the defense it WAS a homophobic assault! "As expected, Smollett’s attorney Nenye Uche is slamming the Osundairo brothers as opportunists and liars who did not like Jussie “because of who he is as a person.” “They pretended to like him. Jussie thought he had a friend. But that friendship ran one way.”

by Anonymousreply 414November 29, 2021 11:41 PM

Sad that he had to pay some trade to be his friends and pretend to like him. Even with that huge family, industry friends for days, still a broken, attention starved soul.

by Anonymousreply 415November 30, 2021 12:44 AM

To think the current vice president of the United States aided and abetted this bullshit.

All y'all Dem voters in the last election should bury your heads in shame.

by Anonymousreply 416November 30, 2021 3:28 AM

The current VP of the U.S. "aided and abetted" this bullshit before it was revealed as bullshit. And at the time, like many other people, I'm sure it never entered her mind that anyone would be so sick as to fake a crime like that.

by Anonymousreply 417November 30, 2021 3:44 AM

Kamala is as gullible as she is ditzy.

by Anonymousreply 418November 30, 2021 4:21 AM

Is Jussie in jail, yet? It's been a whole day.

by Anonymousreply 419November 30, 2021 12:38 PM

The cherry on top of an already despicable crime is how he wants these two immigrant men to take the fall for him. He knows what he did. We all know what he did. But now, he would rather have two men take the fall for something he did. These two men were naive. They will most likely never work in tv or film again. Jussie meanwhile already is financially stable. He could pled guilty, take his crime and return to a charmed although out of the spotlight life.

by Anonymousreply 420November 30, 2021 1:03 PM

All this harangue and all he's charged with is "disorderly conduct"? You'd think he'd cut someone's head off on a transit bus. This is a farce.

by Anonymousreply 421November 30, 2021 1:08 PM

R417 But as a seasoned politician, shouldn’t she have a better bullshit detector? Especially when she could have just as easily said nothing.

by Anonymousreply 422November 30, 2021 1:18 PM

R421, are you part of Jussie’s fail family?

This has been explained to people like you several times in this thread. Go look around to see how stupid (you and) your comment was.

by Anonymousreply 423November 30, 2021 1:22 PM

i have no problem with a politician making a statement about an apparent attack that turns out to be a hoax. in do have a problem with a politician using a viral incident to try and pass more unnecessary laws. lynching is already illegal and carries stiff penalties!!!!! another criminal law will not stop any further hate crime, or will only be abused by federal agents and most likely be used against minorities. and she was an AG? smh

by Anonymousreply 424November 30, 2021 1:45 PM

^^^Learn proper capitalization. We don’t DO however it is you write above here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 425November 30, 2021 1:55 PM

^^^ WTF

by Anonymousreply 426November 30, 2021 1:58 PM

Reading the Gawker summary and am reminded that I still don't understand why a tuna salad sandwich at Subway was hilarious. In the context of the whole brouhaha about whether it has tuna or not, it's funny, but just ordering a tuna salad sandwich in and of itself doesn't seem inherently hilarious to me.

Do you have to have eaten at Subway to get it?

by Anonymousreply 427November 30, 2021 2:02 PM

i think it's hilarious that a wealthy actor gets off a late flight and walks to a subway in the middle of the night, with below zero temperature, to get a cold tuna salad sandwich. then carries it home, gets violently attacked in an attempted lynching by whites supremacists and still has the wherewithal to hang on to the sandwich and make sure it's not damaged. most of been a hell of a sandwich!

by Anonymousreply 428November 30, 2021 2:07 PM

Smollett's lawyer Nenye Uche just came up to the sketch artists before testimony is set to begin. “Really?” he said with a smile on his face. “Really? I looked like an African bullfrog!”

by Anonymousreply 429November 30, 2021 2:25 PM

R428, the whole Subway story was part of the pre-arranged ruse to put Justine in the right place at the right time, so to speak, for the two brothers to make their “attack.”

The whole Subway trip sounds stupid because no one (especially Justine) would actually do it. They’d order thru UberEats or Postmates like any normal person. Places are still open at 1:30pm in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 430November 30, 2021 2:29 PM

Oh definitely, hanging onto the sandwich was funny, so was his comment on that morning show about how the rumor that this was a date gone wrong was a lie because he'd never eat a tuna salad sandwich on a date.

At the very beginning of this whole saga articles made it sound like he'd walked to a Subway across the street from his hotel just as he got home, which didn't seem to odd to me. The Gawker article says he got back to his room at 12:30 and an hour later went out for Subway, which is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 431November 30, 2021 2:32 PM

"Detective said at first Jussie was a victim of a hate crime and treated like one

He told police that one of his two attackers attackers was white and they were both wearing dark clothing. But he could see white around one of the attackers eyes."

by Anonymousreply 432November 30, 2021 2:52 PM

"Jussie described as uncooperative. Would not hand over phone, declined medical release and would not allow a cheek swab for dna to see if attackers dna was on rope place on Jussie's neck"

by Anonymousreply 433November 30, 2021 2:53 PM

lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434November 30, 2021 2:56 PM

Is there a "first day in court" thread, or is this it?

Anyway...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435November 30, 2021 9:52 PM

The best video evah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 30, 2021 10:37 PM

I can’t believe this mfer has his whole family lying for him - especially Jurnee, considering they all probably live off her.

by Anonymousreply 437November 30, 2021 11:36 PM

I remember he was speaking to his manager on the phone during the whole thing. Was it ever determined what role his manager played in this?

by Anonymousreply 438November 30, 2021 11:41 PM

To believe Jussie's story you'd have to accept:

Two MAGAt repugs went out for whatever during a polar vortex. As they walked down the street they said hey there's that supporting actor from Empire that show about black people that we still watch even though we don't like them. They just happened to be carrying a rather feeble looking noose and bleach (didn't he say they poured bleach on him, if not sorry.) The then spontaneously took their chance to come down on Jussie. Who then proceeded home with the noose still on and his sandwich in hand.

by Anonymousreply 439December 1, 2021 3:58 AM

Jussie's composition skills are about as good as Tyler Perry's.

by Anonymousreply 440December 1, 2021 3:59 AM

For the sake of argument, R439: If I understand correctly, Jussie claimed he had received a threatening letter not long before the attack, and the attack did take place right near his home. So it might have seemed barely conceivable that two MAGATs who hate him, presumably the ones who wrote the threatening letter, somehow found out when Jussie was coming home from wherever he was (I don't remember). And then, prepared with a noose and bleach, those guys staked out Jussie's place, and attacked him when he left to get food.

Of course, even that tiny bit of credibility is stretched to the breaking point by several factors, such as, HOW did the guys find out when Jussie would be home, and why did they think he would go out at all in the wee, small hours of the morning in sub-zero temperatures? And so on....

by Anonymousreply 441December 1, 2021 4:37 AM

The whole thing plays to his sense of grandiosity. Did that many people really recognize him on the street?

My friend has had two supporting roles on two much more popular shows and she says nobody ever recognizes her and if they do it takes them a while to place where they know her from.

(Is that thread about mailing a letter and not being tracked down still on DL?)

by Anonymousreply 442December 1, 2021 4:48 AM

[quote]The whole thing plays to his sense of grandiosity. Did that many people really recognize him on the street?

Unless they didn't just recognize him on the street, and had been staking out his apartment. That's one of the few parts of the story that conceivably makes some sense.

by Anonymousreply 443December 1, 2021 4:54 AM

The timing: The frigid pre-dawn is to preclude witnesses.

The set-up: The "threatening letter" is to make the idea of stalkers plausible.

The attack: Two men are supposed to have chosen this C-list actor not only to threaten and stalk in racial enmity, but to lie in wait in the freezing weather JUST IN CASE Jussie decides TO GO OUT IN THE WEE HOURS FOR SOME REASON and they can then assault him?!

The excuse: And then....Jussie DOES leave his building! For a pre-dawn SANDWICH! THIS is Jussie's "proof" that he was legitimately out and about, so that sandwich needed to stay intact!

The charges: Four counts of Disorderly Conduct, which include filing a false police report. Minor felonies.

The prosecution's case: His collaborators have turned.

The verdict: Prediction: Guilty on all counts.

The sentence: Prediction: No prior convictions = Community service.

Smollett's acting career: Over.

by Anonymousreply 444December 1, 2021 8:04 AM

On cross-examination, Smollett’s attorney focused repeatedly on what the defense has claimed was tunnel vision by police, who believed the Osundairos’ story over Smollett’s and — according to the defense — missed or ignored key evidence and witnesses.

Among them: a woman who happened to be walking her dogs nearby at the time of the attack and reportedly told police she saw a suspicious-looking white guy carrying a rope; and a security guard who claimed he saw a white man in a ski mask run past him around the same time.

by Anonymousreply 445December 1, 2021 10:34 AM

Things got tense in the courtroom later in Uche’s examination, when jurors viewed a short clip of the brothers’ police interrogation, during which one officer apparently referred to Jussie’s “pretty face.”

Uche asked Theis if he thought that was appropriate, leading to an objection from prosecutors.

by Anonymousreply 446December 1, 2021 10:38 AM

Did the idiot ever eat his sub?

by Anonymousreply 447December 1, 2021 10:57 AM

R445, I wish I had a dollar for every "witness walking a dog" who was proven to be a liar.

And a "security guard saw a white man in a ski mask run past him"? Bwahaha! Does this guy know what a ski mask is? And running past him in the dark?! I repeat, Bwahaha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448December 1, 2021 1:42 PM

R448 I get your point but you can sometimes identify race even in a ski mask at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449December 1, 2021 2:24 PM

R445 they established in court yesterday that the woman saw the man nearly two hours earlier and saw only an inch of some kind of rope, not a noose.

by Anonymousreply 450December 1, 2021 2:56 PM

the defense is spending a lot of time with the brothers instagram account trying to paint them as homophobic, they intend to say he was legitimately attacked by them.

by Anonymousreply 451December 1, 2021 2:57 PM

R451, what did they point to that was homophobic on their Instagram? I would assume they had a bunch of thirst pics.

by Anonymousreply 452December 1, 2021 3:05 PM

R452 they called someone a fruit. and in an old message said something along the lines of "you know that n**ger is gay?" (not about Jussie)

by Anonymousreply 453December 1, 2021 3:09 PM

Apparently Jussie was also saying that he received a homophobic phone call to his personal phone days before and he thought it might somehow be related to being attacked on the street by white supremacists? and he wouldn't turn over his phone. "Smollett declined to give police his cell phone, Murray testifies, even though she explained to him they would not keep it long and that it was important to establish a timeline of the crime. Also the attack could be related to the homophobic call he says he received days earlier"

by Anonymousreply 454December 1, 2021 3:21 PM

R449, Now post a video of that guy running past you in the dark. Running. Dark. Ski mask.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 455December 1, 2021 3:25 PM

R455 Most places are not completely dark. Even at night. Marcia.

by Anonymousreply 456December 1, 2021 3:29 PM

I seem to remember that Jussie was out of town that day and his plane was delayed.

He was posting on his SM that the plane was delayed.

One could think that (1) he was letting the brothers know that the main event might be delayed OR (2) Bad Maga guys followed his SM and knew he would be late.

What I could not figure was this. He had to get home from the airport. I very much doubt he would have taken the Blue Line (CTA) downtown and then either walked or somehow made his way home from the subway. I guess, being a successful actor, he got home from the airport either by limo, car service, tax, or uber. If he was hungry and wanted a Subway, why didn't he ask his driver to stop at Subway while he went in for his sandwich, rather than going out again after a long day, especially with airplane delays, and in an extremely cold night?

by Anonymousreply 457December 1, 2021 4:17 PM

^ should be "taxi".

by Anonymousreply 458December 1, 2021 4:29 PM

Any sort of common sense applied to any part of Jussie’s story makes it fall apart.

Honestly, I seriously cannot believe he is trying to now say that those two African brothers attacked him with a homophobic intent. Where is the little detail where he said he could see their white skin through the ski masks? Is his counsel going to postulate that they were in “whiteface”?

God, I wish this was being televised.

by Anonymousreply 459December 1, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote] God, I wish this was being televised.

It will be in a few years with Jussie writing, directing and acting. Maybe he can gather the cast of 'Empire' and help them out with cash.

by Anonymousreply 460December 1, 2021 4:54 PM

R442 The letter thread is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461December 1, 2021 5:18 PM

Too bad the security guard saw only one White guy, ain't it, r456?

Not to mention that maybe "running" (aka jogging) early isn't a crime?

But whatever! Jussie Smollett we all here know is a whacked LIAR!

The "noose" was probably Jussie's scarf! That "liquid doused on" him was dripping from his Subway hoagie!

There was no crime committed except by him!

by Anonymousreply 462December 1, 2021 6:20 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I may well be. But didn't Jussie pick that exact location because he thought the incident would be picked up on a security camera? Unfortunately, he couldn't tell the front of the camera from the rear, so it happened behind the camera and wasn't recorded.

Maybe i'm thinking of another incident?

by Anonymousreply 463December 1, 2021 6:32 PM

"If the noose don't fit, you must acquit."

by Anonymousreply 464December 1, 2021 7:01 PM

"Osundairo: We would go to the club, we would go to the strip club. I’ve been to a concert of his and we would go to a bathhouse."--When asked what Smollett and Osundairo did when hanging out."

by Anonymousreply 465December 1, 2021 7:52 PM

Smollett would ask Osundairo to buy drugs for him.

"Weed, cocaine and molly"

by Anonymousreply 466December 1, 2021 7:53 PM

According to testimony today he would go to bathhouses with two straight and homophobic brothers. I'm guessing a ton of drugs were involved. "Over the next year and a half, Abimbola and Smollett would hang out once or twice a month, often going to nightclubs, strip clubs or bathhouses, Abimbola testifies, and Olabinjo Osundairo joined them to hang out a handful of times."

by Anonymousreply 467December 1, 2021 7:55 PM

R463 Yes. It's the same incident. Testimony yesterday include a video of him driving around the area of the attack a few days before apparently in a dry run. And today two separate detectives testified that Jussie was very upset when he found out that the cameras did not pick up the attack.

by Anonymousreply 468December 1, 2021 7:58 PM

Well, r463, that's all part of what is being tried in court. Jussie's "picking" a location for his "attack" would, of course, show him to be a fraud and a felon.

by Anonymousreply 469December 1, 2021 9:05 PM

BTW, how are posters learning of courtroom testimony in Real Time?

by Anonymousreply 470December 1, 2021 9:06 PM

There are a handful of reporters inside the court room who are filing reports and posting real time updates on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 471December 1, 2021 9:13 PM

"Smollett specifically requested that they yell "Empire" and "MAGA" as well as scream slurs, Abimbola testifies.

"He wanted me to punch him but he wanted me to pull the punch so I don't hurt him ... my brother Ola would tie the noose around his neck and pour bleach on him."

"They set up a "dry run" for Jan. 27 and scheduled the fake attack for the night of Jan. 28, Abimbola testifies. Smollett told them to refer to the dry run as "training" in text messages, and gave them a $100 bill to buy supplies, he says."

by Anonymousreply 472December 1, 2021 9:16 PM

"The initial plan was to throw gasoline on Smollett, but it was changed to bleach, for reasons Abimbola says he does not recall. Smollett specifically mentioned there would be a camera on him, which he wanted to capture the fake attack, Abimbola says."

by Anonymousreply 473December 1, 2021 9:22 PM

Why would Jussie go to a straight strip club? Between this and taking them to bathhouse, it seems like he was trying to turn them out. I wonder if the twins fucked him but are too ashamed to say.

by Anonymousreply 474December 1, 2021 9:22 PM

R474 I work in the service industry and there is tons of mingling like this after work. Straight guys go to sexy gay bars with coworkers all the time and extremely gay men go to strip clubs with their straight coworkers often. It's usually just excuse to do drugs and get super drunk.

by Anonymousreply 475December 1, 2021 9:24 PM

For a Black man, an assault by bleach is more wounding, symbolically, than actually dying in a gasoline fire.

by Anonymousreply 476December 1, 2021 9:26 PM

"I was supposed to punch him but not too hard, then tussle," Abimbola testifies. "He wanted it to look like he was fighting back so I was supposed to give him a chance to fight back."

Smollett wanted Abimbola to punch him because he didn't trust Ola to pull his punches, he says

During their dress rehearsal for the fake assault, Abimbola says, Smollett pointed to a camera and said he wanted to use the footage of the attack "for media."

by Anonymousreply 477December 1, 2021 9:39 PM

Lol. he thought he had a fool proof plan "If Abimbola saw anything on the news about Smollett being attacked, he was supposed to send Smollett a condolence letter "to show that I wasn’t a part of it," he testifies."

by Anonymousreply 478December 1, 2021 9:42 PM

Thank you, r471!

by Anonymousreply 479December 1, 2021 10:02 PM

Twitter link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480December 1, 2021 10:05 PM

R478 The idea of an African body builder sending a condolence card in the mail is perhaps the MOST absurd part of this story. Did be borrow stationary from the Pete and Chasten collection?

by Anonymousreply 481December 1, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote] The brothers got out of a cab near Lake Shore Drive and began walking south, Abimbola said. How cold was it? "It was colder than penguin feet."

by Anonymousreply 482December 1, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote] ...got out of a cab near Lake Shore Drive and began walking...

Yikes.

That cold and you choose to get out of the cab over by the LAKE??? BRRRRR!!!

by Anonymousreply 483December 1, 2021 11:06 PM

[quote] Any sort of common sense applied to any part of Jussie’s story makes it fall apart.

And people TRIED to point this out and discuss why but it was weeks before the doubts were permitted. Jussie MUST be believed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484December 2, 2021 3:03 AM

Straight guys going to a gay bar is one thing, but going to a gay bathhouse?

Did they mention what bathhouse?

by Anonymousreply 485December 2, 2021 3:55 AM

It's interesting that Jussie goes to the Chicago Bathhouse....And takes straight guys with him.....LoL

by Anonymousreply 486December 2, 2021 3:58 AM

DL is so educational! Why, just this year I learned that, similar to straight men's once reading "Playboy" "for the articles," straight men also go to gay bars "for the music and to pick up women" (LOL!) and to gay bathhouses "for...the massages and steam"? (LOL!)

To extrapolate from r475, drugs and drink lend themselves to a lack of inhibitions and then to the morning-after "Icks! Anxiety! Guilt!....Oh My God, what did I do last night!?"

by Anonymousreply 487December 2, 2021 11:14 AM

[quote]Any sort of common sense applied to any part of Jussie’s story makes it fall apart.

[quote]And people TRIED to point this out and discuss why but it was weeks before the doubts were permitted. Jussie MUST be believed.

R484 remember when the cast/crew of THE BIG BANG THEORY posted this group photo on social media to show their support for Jussie? They looked so stupid after the truth was revealed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488December 2, 2021 12:31 PM

Jussie's team should use that photo in the trial as a defense.

by Anonymousreply 489December 2, 2021 1:07 PM

Who would've guessed that it was the defense who would resort to racist stereotyping in this case?

"Allen has tried to question Osundairo on homophobia in Nigerian culture and whether it's illegal to be gay there. Prosecutors have repeatedly objected and at the end of the series Judge Linn cut Allen off. "He was born in Chicago. Sustained. Move on."

by Anonymousreply 490December 2, 2021 3:17 PM

Jussie's defense team is desperately trying to get the brothers to make a homophobic outburst on the stand. They are constantly suggesting that they had sex with Jussie. But not coming out and saying it, probably because it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 491December 2, 2021 3:20 PM

R491 Yeah, I think Jussie tried as hard as he could do bed these two, but they didn’t take the bait.

I also think him taking them to strip clubs was his odd way or trying to seem masculine and “bound” with the brothers. He wanted to be seen as masculine and straight so the brothers would eventually be like “hey, he ain’t gay so its okay if he sucks our dicks”.

Very odd and gross part of an already odd and gross story.

by Anonymousreply 492December 2, 2021 3:25 PM

R441 so someone who receives a threatening letter goes out at night alone on a historically cold night when no one is around in the windy city? As fishy as the tuna sandwich. Ironically, Subway's tuna sandwiches have no tuna in them apparently just like Juicy's story didn't have a shred of believability.

by Anonymousreply 493December 2, 2021 3:46 PM

That's it, r493! Prosecution's closing statement: "Defendant Smollett's story is fishier than his Subway tuna sandwich!"

by Anonymousreply 494December 2, 2021 3:59 PM

R493 I will NOT be ignored, Dan!

by Anonymousreply 495December 2, 2021 4:19 PM

Jussie releases evidence racists recently took him hostage and threatened him at gunpoint

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496December 2, 2021 6:58 PM

😂😂😂 Jurors now seeing a photo of a shirtless Ola at a 2015 gay pride parade, dressed up as a Trojan warrior.

He strenuously denies being homophobic. "I have no hate for anybody," he said.

Prosecutor Mendenhall: You went through the whole route of the Gay Pride parade?

"Throwing out condoms and flexing, yes," he responds.

by Anonymousreply 497December 2, 2021 7:56 PM

I don’t understand this defense. Isn’t there already proof that Jussie paid the brothers to attack him? Are they trying to say the brothers orchestrated this attack all on their own because Jussie is gay?

It’s just absurd. Laughable.

by Anonymousreply 498December 2, 2021 8:11 PM

They are saying he paid them nearly $4000 for fitness training

by Anonymousreply 499December 2, 2021 8:18 PM

The court room is in complete chaos right now. Jussie's defense team is claiming that the judge "physically lunged" at their lawyer during a side bar. The judge is furious. The defense seems to be grasping at straws and just trying to create Mayham.

by Anonymousreply 500December 2, 2021 8:47 PM

The defense is loudly interrupting and demanding a mis trial because the judge is asking them to move on from their line of questioning

by Anonymousreply 501December 2, 2021 8:50 PM

No they are again demanding a mistrial because they said they do not like the judge's facial expressions when they object.

by Anonymousreply 502December 2, 2021 8:51 PM

R52 *now

by Anonymousreply 503December 2, 2021 8:53 PM

R502 *now

by Anonymousreply 504December 2, 2021 8:53 PM

R502 *now

by Anonymousreply 505December 2, 2021 8:54 PM

sorry for the repeat posts... but the judge just denied a mistrial

by Anonymousreply 506December 2, 2021 8:55 PM

Jesus, R502, who are the clowns on the defense team? If there was no mistrial in the Rittenhouse case despite that obviously horrible and incompetent judge, there isn't going to be one here.

by Anonymousreply 507December 2, 2021 8:57 PM

I think that they are recognizing how badly it's going. The brothers are pretty believable on the stans

by Anonymousreply 508December 2, 2021 9:06 PM

How many more responses can we squeeze out of this post? Has someone started a live thread for the trial yet?

by Anonymousreply 509December 2, 2021 9:09 PM

I don't get this line of questioning, the brothers are not on trial and I don't think this really damages their reputation or changes their testimony or believability.

"Jurors seeing pictures from the search warrant of the Osundairos' residence, including photos of rifles found in the same room where Ola's driver's license was located. Walker: "And you're a convicted felon?"

Ola: "Yes, I have a felony.""

by Anonymousreply 510December 2, 2021 9:22 PM

“Have either you or your brother ever fucked my client?”

by Anonymousreply 511December 2, 2021 9:29 PM

I wonder if the family knows he is lying and is playing along and keeping a strong front, or do they actually believe Jussie’s story?

by Anonymousreply 512December 2, 2021 9:53 PM

CHICAGO — Jussie Smollett’s defense team unleashed a brutal cross-examination of the prosecution’s star witness Thursday, alleging the pair were dating, had masturbated together at a gay bathhouse and the attack was fueled by a desire to be the actor’s security guard.

Abimbola Osundairo, 28, sat on the witness stand for a second day in a row at Chicago criminal court and was grilled for two hours by Smollett’s defense attorney Shay Allen on day four of the trial.

Allen tried to paint Osundairo as a liar, drug dealer and opportunist who used his relationship with Smollett to further his career and told the star he’d make this “all go away” and not testify if he paid him and his brother, Olabinjo, $1 million each.

“You told him if he gave you and your brother a million dollars each, you wouldn’t testify?” Allen asked Osundairo, who responded, “No.”

At the start of the cross-examination, Allen tried to make the claim that Smollett and Osundairo had a sexual relationship together by suddenly asking when he and the actor started dating. “We were never dating,” said Osundairo, wearing a white button-down shirt, black vest and leather jacket with a popped collar.

From across the room, Smollett, dressed in a black suit, averted his gaze.

On Wednesday, Osundairo told jurors he and Smollett had gone to the Steamworks bathhouse together in Chicago’s Boystown neighborhood, a predominately gay community, and on Thursday, Allen asked if gay pornography was played on the televisions inside the spa.

“I don’t recall,” Osundairo said.

“You don’t recall seeing gay pornography? … You don’t remember masturbating with him?” Allen fired back.

Osundairo said, “No.”

The attorney then asked if Smollett had a crush on him and if he thought “sexual tension” between the two would progress his acting career. Osundairo responded that he “didn’t know” there was sexual tension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513December 2, 2021 9:54 PM

The judge in the Rittenhouse case dealt with that case properly and the judge in the Smollett case seems to be doing likewise. The only difference is that the prosecutor in the former case stepped over the line and in the latter it appears the defense is approaching that line.

by Anonymousreply 514December 2, 2021 10:12 PM

What line was crossed?

by Anonymousreply 515December 2, 2021 10:27 PM

The prosecution just rested their case. I'm assuming closing arguments will be sometime next week?

by Anonymousreply 516December 2, 2021 10:34 PM

Whew gurl Osundairo is lying just as much as Jussie. He's know damn well Jussie was paying him for dick!

by Anonymousreply 517December 3, 2021 1:08 AM

So the defense is that Jussie was attacked by two racist White men, except they were really these two Black guys who sought a security gig with their buddy on the downlow?

Or is it that the two Black guys hired the two White guys?

Jussie Smollett is a disgraceful liar who shames the memory of every Black man attacked and even murdered by White men.

by Anonymousreply 518December 3, 2021 3:02 AM

Completely irrelevant to the charges, r517.

by Anonymousreply 519December 3, 2021 3:03 AM

This is making me remember that year's polar vortex, which was ridiculous! It really was like -16 outside which is stupid cold even for the heartland., And it was that cold for like 2+ weeks. I was pissed at the time but now I use it to remember how much worse whatever the current conditions are could be. The only mammals in the streets those nights were penguins.

by Anonymousreply 520December 3, 2021 8:03 AM

This was all about drugs. I said so 100 replies back. Jussie has/had a Molly problem. He owed the Africans money. This was some scheme to drum up $$$ for the Africans to get paid.

by Anonymousreply 521December 3, 2021 11:28 AM

Are we still not allowed to talk openly about gay relationships? Is that the line crossed?

by Anonymousreply 522December 3, 2021 12:28 PM

If any trial needed to be televised, this is the one.

Will Jussie take the stand?

by Anonymousreply 523December 3, 2021 12:33 PM

r521 I doubt drug debt would be an issue for Jussie...he had money, and Im sure he is connected with wealthy guys in the industry who do him favors.

r522 Im also tired of gay shit being taboo in court...look, if it's relevant to the case then it is what it is. Jussie is not Aaron Hernandez, he's been out for many years so these dudes know what they were getting into.

by Anonymousreply 524December 3, 2021 10:40 PM

Hmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525December 3, 2021 11:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526December 3, 2021 11:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527December 4, 2021 12:08 AM

Well its not like homely Jussie has looks. He’s so fugly. Inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 528December 4, 2021 12:42 AM

Were I his attorney I'd have had him adopt a clean shaven look several months at least ago. Appearance matters when people are judging you.

by Anonymousreply 529December 4, 2021 12:45 AM

Okay I don't have a crystal ball or even a Magic 8 Ball but I find it hard to believe that a narcissist would pass up a chance to claim center stage and stay off the stand. Jussie is so full of himself he thinks he can pull off the role of a lifetime and make everyone believe him.

This should be good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530December 4, 2021 12:48 AM

Jussie and meghan markle should get together and have a two person play called liars, fakers , and theives

by Anonymousreply 531December 4, 2021 1:04 AM

Nothing on Friday?

by Anonymousreply 532December 4, 2021 1:30 PM

On the morning of the attack, which was delayed by nearly four hours because Smollett’s flight from New York departed late, the brothers walked around the Streeterville neighborhood in the bitter cold for a while, killing time until Smollett showed up at the prescribed location near his apartment building, Abimbola Osundairo told the jury.

Then they saw him and sprang into action.

by Anonymousreply 533December 5, 2021 2:05 PM

SNAP :—)

Only once did he crack a smile: When Allen asked him whether, while walking around in the bitter cold at 1:30 a.m., he’d thought about just scrapping the plan and going home. “I did, yeah,” he said.

But you really wanted to carry out this attack on Jussie, Allen said.

“Fake attack,” Abimbola Osundairo replied.

by Anonymousreply 534December 5, 2021 2:07 PM

DAMN r527! they really tried it!🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 535December 5, 2021 2:11 PM

Chicago Sun-Times: “Under questioning, Abimbola Osundairo admitted he and Smollett had gone to Steamworks bathhouse in the Boystown neighborhood several times, though he said he did not know if the establishment catered to gay men.” “You didn’t see the big rainbow flag?” Defense attorney Shay Allen said, noting that gay pornographic movies were also playing on a television near the entrance.

by Anonymousreply 536December 5, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote] On the morning of the attack, which was delayed by nearly four hours because Smollett’s flight from New York departed late, the brothers walked around the Streeterville neighborhood in the bitter cold for a while, killing time until Smollett showed up at the prescribed location

I hope they got overtime for that.

by Anonymousreply 537December 5, 2021 3:51 PM

R536, everybody waves that flag nowadays. Sometimes if you're not paying attention naked bodies moving around just look like naked bodies.

This was really lame questioning. These brothers were trying to do whatever they had to so they could get paid by Jussie and stay on his good side to help their employment prospects.

I can't wait til Jussie takes the stand. Will they bring in Oprah as a pinch hitter for questioning?

by Anonymousreply 538December 5, 2021 3:55 PM

Funky Dineva should preside over this case. Straight people are so lost on the arguments being made and the dynamics between Jussie and these guys.

by Anonymousreply 539December 5, 2021 4:23 PM

R531 your obsession is noted.

by Anonymousreply 540December 5, 2021 4:38 PM

And what are these dynamics, r539, other than that the brothers are trying mightily to pretend there was no sexual relationship with JS? He probably "discovered" them in a bathhouse, got friendly, and then decided they would be amenable [Read: Bribable] to his idiotic caper. That's Star Power, baby!

But as it has turned out, Jussie's promised rewards weren't nearly as persuasive or forthcoming as legal jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 541December 5, 2021 4:40 PM

This is the weakest defense I've ever read. Jussie is desperate.

by Anonymousreply 542December 5, 2021 4:43 PM

No one cares if they were sexual with him or not and it isn't relevant to the case. The brothers were clearly gay friendly at least but that doesn't mean they were having sex. If there was any proof of the brothers having sex with men I'm sure Jussie's overpaid team of lawyers would have used them to show the brothers were lying.

But there isn't, and it's just the lawyers trying to paint the brothers as liars, hence the leading questioning about dating. Seriously the defense actually tried the "how long have you been beating your wife" question.

Jussie hired them to be his eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 543December 5, 2021 4:44 PM

Jussie seems to be arrogant enough to think he can pull this off still. He should have just taken the plea bargain.

That he thought he could get through this trial and off scot free is another sign that he is an arrogant narcissist who thinks he's far smarter than he actually is. And judging on the lawyers' antics he also has poor representation.

Do we think he will sue the lawyers after this? I bet he tries to find some way to ruin the brothers' lives.

by Anonymousreply 544December 5, 2021 4:49 PM

Jussie is really a vile piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 545December 5, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote]The brothers were clearly gay friendly at least but that doesn't mean they were having sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546December 5, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote] This is the weakest defense I've ever read. Jussie is desperate.

We think Jussie was brilliant and respect how he has dealt with the Post Traumatic Stress created by those two those MAGA hat racist Trojans warriors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547December 5, 2021 5:21 PM

Oh, please. Of course people care whether or not there was fucking going on, and that includes the jurors.

by Anonymousreply 548December 5, 2021 5:49 PM

That Big Bang Theory photo never fails to make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 549December 5, 2021 5:54 PM

R548 I can tell you aren't a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 550December 6, 2021 3:00 AM

I think the defense starts today. expect them to say the police were being racist and the brothers were homophobic. they will still say Jussie was hate crimed.

by Anonymousreply 551December 6, 2021 12:44 PM

the big question will be whether Jussie takes the stand

by Anonymousreply 552December 6, 2021 12:44 PM

R551, And how will the Defense explain away Jussie's "two White guys"?

by Anonymousreply 553December 6, 2021 12:56 PM

Because, r551, one lie means all the rest can be considered false.

So if the Defense is going to try the "Okay, Jussie THOUGHT his attackers were White, but so? He was ACTUALLY attacked because he is GAY!" approach, yeah, no. Not with all the testimony about Smollett in bathhouses with the brothers.

So now we will be asked to believe that two BLACK men in MAGA hats assaulted Jussie? Hahahaha! Okay.

Jussie Smollett has decided to die on Stupid Hill.

by Anonymousreply 554December 6, 2021 1:03 PM

You know Jussie has to be pissed this isn't being televised. He probably had his outfits all planned for each day of the trial, along with emotional outbursts and fainting

by Anonymousreply 555December 6, 2021 2:56 PM

Reporters at the courthouse say that all indications are that Jussie WILL testify today!

by Anonymousreply 556December 6, 2021 3:00 PM

The judge expects the jury to have the case today or tomorrow morning

by Anonymousreply 557December 6, 2021 3:01 PM

He's a wank amateur, r555...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558December 6, 2021 3:01 PM

R556 oh, he's going to perjure himself again! What fun!

by Anonymousreply 559December 6, 2021 3:03 PM

if he is found not guilty then he will be insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 560December 6, 2021 3:06 PM

The defenses first witness is a local security guard who says that night he saw three whit men in ski masks. but non of this makes sense! even jussie is now saying that the brothers beat him up! he says it was a real homophobic hate crime by them, they say it was a hoax... but either way the issue with witnesses seeing white people in the area is moot! I am losing brain cells watching this defense.

by Anonymousreply 561December 6, 2021 3:48 PM

Also, R561, sorry if this is a stupid question, but would it be in any way unusual for people of any color to be wearing ski masks in sub-sub-zero temperatures?

by Anonymousreply 562December 6, 2021 3:56 PM

R562 in a polar vortex it would be common

by Anonymousreply 563December 6, 2021 3:59 PM

R563, exactly. So what's the point of the security guard even mentioning that he saw some guys in ski masks?

by Anonymousreply 564December 6, 2021 4:07 PM

R564 and he said he didn't stop them because they looked like they were just playing around and having fun

by Anonymousreply 565December 6, 2021 4:10 PM

R565, and what would the guard have "stopped" them from doing? Were the guys in ski masks in an unauthorized area?

by Anonymousreply 566December 6, 2021 4:19 PM

well, yeah. he wanted sympathetic media attention and money from the letter. not actual bodyguards to follow him to the bathhouses to witness him buying cocaine off some gay4pay brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567December 6, 2021 4:36 PM

[QUOTE] “Not everyone on set was told about it”

Because people like Taraji and Gabourey would have sniffed out that this was complete bullshit. That’s why.

by Anonymousreply 568December 6, 2021 4:46 PM

Jussie just took the stand!

by Anonymousreply 569December 6, 2021 5:10 PM

So is the stunning and brave wombat taking the stand or not?

I need time to crank up my ancient popcorn maker.

by Anonymousreply 570December 6, 2021 5:12 PM

"Goodness!". Smollett is testifying in a quiet voice, occasionally smiling as he's asked about his family. His lawyer has to ask him to speak up. About a dozen family members are in the front rows of the gallery, including his mother and siblings. Q: Did you grow up rich? A: Goodness, no.

by Anonymousreply 571December 6, 2021 5:12 PM

Jury now sees child family pictures of Smollett family.

by Anonymousreply 572December 6, 2021 5:14 PM

lol. "Smollett says he needed to get into shape because Lee Daniel's told him that he was fat and needed to drop 30LBS before coming on set."

by Anonymousreply 573December 6, 2021 6:12 PM

He's going for BLM's Oscar Wilde....

by Anonymousreply 574December 6, 2021 8:28 PM

But, he's so cute and has a huge cock.

by Anonymousreply 575December 6, 2021 8:44 PM

You just know that his ass stinks.

by Anonymousreply 576December 6, 2021 9:24 PM

R576 I disagree. Most Black bottoms have impeccable anal hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 577December 6, 2021 9:50 PM

News!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578December 6, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote]Smollett said after news broke that everyone — including Trump — had an opinion about what happened, and that he hated the attention. “I’ve lost my livelihood,” he added.

Translation: "I would have loved the attention if it was positive, like I wanted".

Does anyone buy that an actor WOULDN'T want attention?

by Anonymousreply 579December 6, 2021 10:13 PM

PART 2!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580December 6, 2021 10:19 PM

R562 That week in Chicago was miserably, dangerously cold. No one was outside unless necessary and you wouldn’t be able to recognize anyone. It was one of the most obvious fibs right from the beginning in Jussie’s story that caused the CPD to dig deeper.

by Anonymousreply 581December 6, 2021 10:29 PM

Jussie says he has sex with one of the brothers!

by Anonymousreply 582December 6, 2021 10:53 PM

When? I thought he said they masturbated together and made out a little. That’s not sex.

by Anonymousreply 583December 6, 2021 10:57 PM

I didn't hear they made out, but Jussie testified they jacked off together. Not sure what r582 is on about, assuming he is the poster that keeps claiming the brothers are secretly gay and fucked Jussie repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 584December 6, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] I thought he said they masturbated together and made out a little. That’s not sex.

Disagree. That is sex. "Sex" doesn't mean only fucking.

by Anonymousreply 585December 6, 2021 11:04 PM

That's not sex. It's masturbating together.

by Anonymousreply 586December 6, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote] Disagree. That is sex. "Sex" doesn't mean only fucking.

Is Jussie also committing perjury

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587December 6, 2021 11:06 PM

Bitch please, Jussie paid those brothers thousands, he was getting that dick the long way!

by Anonymousreply 588December 6, 2021 11:10 PM

What exactly was his end game?

by Anonymousreply 589December 7, 2021 12:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!