Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did she really think the ends don't justify the means or is this just a talking point for People magazine?

Letourneau was a sixth-grade teacher in 1996 when she began sexually abusing Fualaau, who was her 12-year-old student. Ultimately, she was sentenced to more than seven years in prison for child rape. She twice became pregnant by Fualaau before he was 15, despite court orders aimed at keeping them apart.

The article claims "She knew, especially near the end, that the ends don't justify the means, and that even her wonderful daughters and long marriage didn't excuse how she got there. And she hoped that no one else would ever make the mistakes that she made."

Did she really think the ends don't justify the means or is this just a talking point for People magazine?

Was she mentally ill, a rapist, or just a victim of falling in love at the wrong age and circumstance? The odd thing is that it was only one boy/one man. She's not your average pedo because she kept going back to her victim, even when he was a grown man. They married and were together for a long time, raising their daughters. She claimed she still loved him when she died. What was going on with her, and why did she fall for this young boy/man?

And whom did she write all those final letters to, and what did the letters say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2021 2:25 PM

She wanted to be a little girl all her life so she fell in love with a young boy. Either she was abused or suffered from extreme self hatred.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 3:20 AM

In Europe we thought nothing of this story except that Americans are insufferable prudes.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 3:26 AM

Go back to Remedial Understanding of Reason, R1. You're just pissing cliches and expecting people to call it lemonade, while you abuse the R1 position.

Are you drunk or just a Reddit asshole?

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 3:35 AM

In America we do not need any story to know that Europeans are insufferable supercilious scolds.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 3:36 AM

R2, have you always lived in Europe, or did ya move there just for the pedophilia perks?

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 3:38 AM

It's mental illness and obsession. She had a magical fantasy about the importance of her "romance" with a 12 year old. If it hadn't been this kid, it would have been another.

But if there are any mental health professionals reading this, please elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 3:49 AM

Her psychotic and morally bankrupt ass probably believes that she did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 4:36 AM

She was from a very conservative Catholic Bakersfield family, I believe. I would not be surprised if there was some trauma there when she was around 12 herself, and somehow she got stuck there emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 4:44 AM

Past life conection.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 4:49 AM

She...is a head case of the highest order. There is not just one thing going on here. And getting pregnant not once but twice while incarcerated by a young teen boy is really a big fuck you and reeks of narcissism. And a Madonna complex.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 4:50 AM

Why did they stay together so long and yet he divorced her before she died? I wonder if he was staying with her long enough to raise their daughters or if he was brainwashed for most of his younger years and snapped out of it. Or, did she get too old for him or could he not stand to be married to a physically ill woman?

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 5:58 AM

She deserved Prison and if she were a man she would have been there for DECADES....Good riddance...Child molesters are the worst....

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 6:04 AM

Just assumed she watched Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart video one too many times. (Turn around bright eyes...)

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 6:13 AM

She was arrogant and never felt sorry for what she did to Vili. She claims that he, at 12, pursued her. With the criminal justice system, she took full advantage of being a woman, Caucasian, young, and attractive (and educated).

Vili's mother was worse than useless. She seemed to approve of and encourage the relationship with MKL. She later tried to sue the school and lost.

The really sad thing was that, while MKL served several years in prison, Vili didn't take that time to mentally break away from her. He went back to her. He seemed depressed in the marriage.

My guess as to why MKL never got tired of Vili (why he never became "too old" for her, a child molester): the memory and dynamic of him being 12 and her being 30-something was enough of a memory to get her off, sexually, even as both grew older.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 6:23 AM

Her first husband was hot.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2021 6:33 AM

At least the People article properly identified her as a rapist, child molester and sex offender.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2021 7:21 AM

Vili wrote a book and toured in France where he professed his ongoing love for MKL who was in prison. He appreciated the support in France. Has nobody here read the classic Cheri?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2021 7:23 AM

I still can't believe a woman would willingly have sex with a sixth grader! Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2021 7:27 AM

Nobody quite knows what to do with this woman and her ex-husband/ex-schoolboy lover, do they? The boy has never once classified what happened as abuse or rape, nor has his own mother. MKL had no history of sexual interest in children and none after Vili was grown. But she got pregnant by him twice before he was 15.

The President of France also got with a much older woman at a scandalously tender age (not as scandalous as Vili, though) - and has stayed with her.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 7:36 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2021 7:39 AM

I don't think Emmanuel Macron could have been elected President of any country other than France given the details of how his relationship with his ex-teacher and wife began.

(linked article whitewashes it - he was younger than 17)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2021 7:45 AM

R2 wrong. Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2021 7:51 AM

If thinking it's gross for someone in their thirties to groom and have sex with a 12-year-old means I'm a prude, I'll happily cop to being one.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2021 9:36 AM

R12 I love when an entire continent speaks.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2021 9:42 AM

"What wrongs did Mary Kay "right" when she wrote 30 letters to family and friends before her death?"

She revealed who really won the Oscar instead of Marisa Tomei.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2021 10:23 AM

Remember he was a minor and his photo was not widely circulated and this was before the InterWeb.....I think I speak for everyone when I say the first time I saw Vili I said ---she fucked THAT?....THAT is what all the hoopla was about? THAT is what she found "irresistable".. THAT is what she went to prison for?......I was quite confused...

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2021 10:28 AM

^^Yes, he was/is quite homely.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2021 11:00 AM

I suppose she was no better than the millions of men over the centuries who married/knocked up little girls under the assumption that "if she's old enough to bleed, she's old enough to breed," including fathers, brothers and uncles of said little girls. And just as clueless about the damage she did.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2021 11:52 AM

A woman can only rape a man if she puts a strap on-on and fucks him up the ass with it .

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2021 12:13 PM

R11 I think he divorced her for all of the above reasons and more. When he married her, he had no idea what he was doing. That is why this is statutory rape. She was his teacher. He trusted she was doing what was best for him. I'm sure it felt good and he didn't know any better. I'm sure he is still pretty fucked up in the head over this.

The justice system is a joke.

Had she not been a pretty White woman and he wasn't American Samoan they would buried this bitch UNDER the jail. She would have never gotten out.

But regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he was 12 years old (not even a teenager yet). This was somebody's child and she took total advantage of him for years. She totally fucked up his life.

Good riddance to this nasty bitch!

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2021 12:18 PM

I have to admit that I didn't even know she had died.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2021 12:29 PM

They did an interview for TV when the daughters were teens and she came across as a narcissistic bully and he seemed completely beaten down and depressed. She ruined his life.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2021 12:39 PM

I wonder if he will write a second book?

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2021 12:41 PM

I wonder if he will READ a second book.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2021 12:43 PM

MKL was dickmatized. She probably had never had one as big as his.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2021 12:54 PM

R29 educate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2021 1:00 PM

Right around when it happened Villi and his mother tried to sue the school for "letting it happen". They didn't get anything.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2021 1:10 PM

She committed sexual assault of a person who was biologically, legally, mentally and emotionally a child.

Then compounded that by sticking him with being a parent and all of the financial and life burdens that being one entails.

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2021 1:20 PM

Daddy was a high ranking Republican operative. A law and odor, family values type who fathered a child outside of his marriage with a long term mistress. In a word, typical.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2021 1:25 PM

R38, I agree with what you said. Do you have any legal insight of why the school district was exonerated of any legal responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2021 1:27 PM

Did Letourneau rape and get pregnant by a "colored boy" to disgrace daddy?

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2021 1:30 PM

Hi r40. No and I never thought of the excellent issue you raise. Now, you have me wondering, too.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2021 1:32 PM

I’ve watched an interview with them (60 Minutes?) years ago. He was still underage? didn’t appear to be too bright or at least he didn’t say much and he said, paraphrasing, as a hormonal teenage boy it was omg SEX! and not some meeting of soulmates like she was blathering about. He looked like he was over it and trapped. Too bad he never figured out he could leave.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2021 1:51 PM

He did figure it out and divorced her, but got sucked back in when she got sick. Sharing kids with someone can do that. Thankfully, she's dead so he can hopefully have some semblance of a real life now.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2021 1:53 PM

He was fugly and the white who’re got what she deserved. She’ll be getting no brown dick in that cancer coffin cooch now!

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2021 2:25 PM

Hehhehehheheh......you said "suck" .....

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2021 2:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!