Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does ADELE have the easiest career in the entire history of music?

[...]

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2021 7:44 AM

I have to admit, I don't like much of her music (exceptions "Rolling in the Deep", "Rumour Has It", "Someone Like You" - though overplayed, and "Send My Love To Your New Lover"), but she does seem like a fun person. And I'm fascinated how, as OP says, she makes music so rarely, tours so rarely, yet does so well out of it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 12:48 AM

It is apparently just what SHE wants to do, how great is that? She is not beholden to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 1:12 AM

It really is great, isn't it R2? Imagine being able to do that, I love that for her.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 1:14 AM

She's nasty, unbalanced trash, and a drunk.

What a great management team she has had. Like expert cattle drivers finessing the moos.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 1:36 AM

She sounds like any number of other pop singers.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 1:42 AM

She has the easiest career because people keep mistaking her for her doppelganger, Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 1:51 AM

Like her or not, Adele is exceptionally talented. She's managed her fame and fortune better than most who've achieved her levels of success in the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 2:01 AM

We don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 2:04 AM

She's more Celine Dion than Whitney Houston. Her new song is extremely boring.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 2:08 AM

Yes, she does have the "easiest" career. She does the same shit, all the time. She's even admitted to that. She's been open about not being a real 'artist' type singer that will evolve and reinvent. She says she doesn't think she has that in her.

She has incredible talent, but the music is boring as hell. I was hoping for something a bit more upbeat this time around, a video with some color, etc. Nope. But the masses will eat it up because pop music has gone to shit.

Bored.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 2:10 AM

She has the career Amy Winehouse would have had. I don't see her (Adele) as being even in the same league.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 2:14 AM

British singer-songwriter Adele has returned in style, setting a new Spotify single-day record for streams on her forthcoming album’s first single, “Easy On Me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 2:36 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2021 7:38 AM

Of course. The bar is incredibly low for her. But she set it that way, says she's fine with that, and the people love it.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2021 7:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!