Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Flat Earther, anti-vaxxer Rob Skiba dies of Covid-19

A champion of the flat Earth movement has reportedly lost his battle with COVID-19.

Rob Skiba — said to have come home from a Christian-centric Take On The World conference in August not feeling well — was also a COVID vaccine skeptic, the Daily Beast reports. It was from that conference he allegedly posted a message on Facebook noting that “within I’d say 2 to 3 years or so” we’ll know whether vaccines were a solution or a problem.

“Truly, I take no joy in saying this, nor will I if I’m the one still standing,” he wrote.

CrooksAndLiars.com unearthed video of Skiba preaching opposition to flu vaccine mandates in 2012, referring to inoculations as “the mark of the beast.” He was referencing the Biblical book of Revelations. His sermon from nearly a decade ago portended right-wing ideology today.

“Gotta take the shot or else you can’t be a teacher in a school or you can’t work at CVS,” he complained.

The side effects of mandated vaccinations, according to a graphic displayed by Skiba in that video, included “counterfeit immortality” and being “cast alive into a sea of fire.”

A Facebook friend of Skiba’s reportedly wrote on social media in September that the popular contrarian had been hospitalized with low oxygen levels. Apparent acquaintances of his posted status updates in recent weeks, ending with the Oct. 13 announcement Skiba had died. A collection of social media postings collected by Daily Kos included wild conspiracy theories, shock and expressions of grief.

In addition to working as a speaker, Skiba was a filmmaker and writer. He was remembered by friends on social media for his “comical approach to very polarizing content.”

Skiba’s YouTube channel had 210,000 subscribers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 1:27 AM

RIP RIP

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 11:45 PM

Another MAGAt bites the dust

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 11:45 PM

I would start a GoFundMe to finance putting his casket on a boat to sail around the world.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 11:46 PM

Darwin strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 11:47 PM

The boat might fall off the edge though R3

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 11:48 PM

BYEEEEEE

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 11:49 PM

womp womp

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 11:53 PM

Funeral and celebration of life is scheduled for Saturday 10/16, at Rob’s favorite vacation destination just past the Texaco on the west side of Truckee...where the mountains meet the edge of the earth. In the spirit of the occasion, the casket will be wheeled along the crevasse on a Costco shopping cart until it finally meets the corner and drops peacefully into oblivion. In lieu of flowers, family is asking that well-wishers send beef jerky.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 11:56 PM

Ugh

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 12:00 AM

Great another dead Trumper, let's see more die.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote] Funeral and celebration of life is scheduled for Saturday 10/16

Not to mention, we'll also be celebrating the increase in the average IQ of the world's population.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 12:38 AM

My sympathy tank is running dry.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 1:11 AM

Oh well.

Anyways.

I just ate the most [bold]AMAZING[/bold] flan. Thick, rich and delicious. What are you having for dessert?

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 1:14 AM

How many people did he infect?

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 1:15 AM

That's too bad. The only belief stupider than being anti-vax is being a flat earther, and this guy was both, making him something of a unicorn. He should have lived longer so we could study him. Hopefully his brain gets donated to the science of idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2021 1:17 AM

So dumb

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2021 1:18 AM

Why of course he's from Texas.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2021 1:21 AM

Whateva!

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2021 1:26 AM

Tee hee

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 1:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!