Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The American Bumblebee is Nearing Extinction

[QUOTE]Dwindling populations of the American bumblebee and their disappearance from eight states has led to calls for their protection as an Endangered Species. Bumblebees have decreased by 89% over the last two decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 10:31 PM

This is actually very, very bad for agriculture.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 10:10 PM

They are one of my favorite bugs.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 10:11 PM

So cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 10:16 PM

I love them so much and make friends with each one that I see.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 10:18 PM

This is terrible. I had more bumblebees in my yard this summer than I have in years. I hope it wasn't their last hurrah.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 10:19 PM

So no more tuna fish?

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 10:21 PM

I was terrified of bees and wasps as a kid and used to run the other way when I would see one. I didn't realize how docile they are until much later.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 10:24 PM

[QUOTE] This is terrible. I had more bumblebees in my yard this summer than I have in years. I hope it wasn't their last hurrah.

You should build some sort of massive bumblebee love motel and encourage them to bee whores.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 10:24 PM

@r6, Very good

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 10:25 PM

I never see honeybees anymore - but bumblebees still cruise my flowers every spring and summer. I didn’t notice less of them this year - but maybe I wasn’t paying attention. Why can’t yellow jackets go extinct instead of fuzzy and cute bees?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2021 10:25 PM

Did they find out that according to physics there's no way they should be able to fly?

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2021 10:26 PM

Yeah, the yellow jackets were crazy this summer.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2021 10:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!