Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eric Clapton's Covid vaccine conspiracies mark a sad final act

Bigotry and ignorance, in the age of the internet, has a way of catching up with you. And Clapton’s racism and conspiracy theories can no longer be ignored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2021 7:15 PM

Clapton hasn’t just been spouting Covid vaccine misinformation over the past year — in interviews, in his inarguably terrible Covid protest single, and in his arguably even more awful collaboration with Van Morrison — he’s also been helping to bankroll the fringe, U.K.-based group of anti-vaxx musicians Jam for Freedom.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 8:00 PM

Clapton's racist rant from 1976.

Oh, it's pretty bad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 8:02 PM

Clapton asked "foreigners" at a 1976 show to raise their hands before suggesting they "should all leave."

"Not just leave the hall, leave our country... I don't want you here, in the room or in my country," he said in part.

"The Black w—s and c—s and Arabs and f—ing Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here," Clapton added on stage then, using blatant racist slurs. "This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any Black w—s and c—s living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome."

The rant went on as he called England "a white country" made "for white people."

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 8:03 PM

R2 Shocking. Sinful!

I am personally offended!

How dare this person (who I've never met) do this to me!

I am disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 8:07 PM

R5, You asked for it, you got it. Fuck off and die. Die in a grease fire, in fact. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2021 3:23 AM

Dr. Peter McCullough has offended me personally. Therefore he must die!

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2021 3:27 AM

McCullough is a cardiologist, not a viral epidemiologist. He supports hydroxychloroquine treatment despite It being debunked. He was fired from his hospital and is being sued by it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 3:31 AM

R5 is a complete fucking nutbag. You Trumpies are truly out of your goddamn minds.

What the fuck are we supposed to do with these crazies?

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 3:31 AM

If Dr. Peter McCullough comes to my house I will wave a stick at him!

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 3:37 AM

Btw, the R5 link is to address at an insane right wing medical association conference whose journal has claimed, among things, that homosexuality reduces lifespan by 20 years. So, yeah, R5, can die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 3:38 AM

I remember going into Tower Tokyo and seeing his name card spelled "Eric Crapton". I always referred to him like that after and little did I know how fitting it was.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2021 3:42 AM

r5, my nephew's unvaxxed best friend since grade school just died from covid. He was 37 and left a wife with huge medical bills and 3 young kids. Too bad he didn't opt for the free vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2021 3:44 AM

He's been a has been for decades. Paying attention to him is part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2021 3:47 AM

He should stick to the Delta blues and leave Delta to the scientists.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2021 3:48 AM

[quote] Paying attention to him is part of the problem

We should turn our backs on his evil words!

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2021 3:50 AM

He's a piece of shit. He beat his wives and girlfriend and he wrote that Tears in Heaven song for a child he wanted nothing to do with

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2021 3:58 AM

I just don’t understand why some of these older artists feel the need to do anything but play music. No one cares anymore about their extreme opinions, endless band feuds, etc . I feel like many from the boomer generation of artists will keep performing until they wheel them out on gurneys. I feel like many of them are like Madonna and think they can remain in their 30s through sheer will power.

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote] I just don’t understand why some of these older artists feel the need to do anything but play music.

I just don’t understand why some of these younger artists feel the need to do anything but play music.

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2021 4:07 AM

What a shame. He's such a gifted artist, but I guess it ends there.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2021 4:09 AM

After his kid fell out the window and died I had a soft spot for him.

My eyes are opened now. He should go to the scummiest place in hell ASAP

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2021 4:12 AM

Begone to Purgatory!

You must suffer as we have suffered! How very dare you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2021 4:16 AM

Clapton is one of these dumb cunts who thinks they are a lot smarter than they actually are.

And FF'd the living shit out of R5

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2021 4:21 AM

Wow - I knew he was an asshole but not that much of an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote] Fuck off and die. Die in a grease fire, in fact. Seriously.

People try to put us down, Just because we get around, I hope I die before I get old.

Why don't you all fade away, And don't try to dig what we all say.

This is my generation.. I hope I die before I get old.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2021 4:28 AM

The only song I like of his is Layla and that is mainly for the instrumental at the end. Fuck this old prick.

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2021 4:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2021 5:15 AM

Pete Burns quit bumping up threads with your tired old song and video

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2021 5:16 AM

r5's Dr. Peter McCullough is a quack who is associated with the far-right John Birch Society, has appeared on Tucker's show and Laura Ingraham's podcast, and falsely claimed to be associated with Baylor, who is now suing him. They got a restraining order on him a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2021 9:41 AM

Shame he didn’t fall out the window.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2021 10:03 AM

He received a CBE from the Queen for his racism and annoying music.

He also stole George Harrison's wife, Pattie Boyd, and beat her during their marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2021 10:30 AM

Big man, that Clapton.

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2021 10:40 AM

R15 He never played delta blues.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2021 10:48 AM

He did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2021 4:11 PM

I don’t like cocaine - just the way it smells

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]The rant went on as he called England "a white country" made "for white people."

[quote]He's a piece of shit. He beat his wives and girlfriend and he wrote that Tears in Heaven song for a child he wanted nothing to do with

[quote]He also stole George Harrison's wife, Pattie Boyd, and beat her during their marriage.

None of this has ever been a secret, it shouldn’t have taken Covid to make people care finally acknowledge what a piece shit he is.

by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2021 6:03 PM

He's very talented and not very smart. This is not rare.

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2021 7:18 PM

R34 He covered an old delta blues song. His version had nothing to do with delta blues.

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2021 7:24 PM

He had a bad reaction after taking the AstraZeneca vaccine. He should have taken Moderna instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2021 12:08 AM

He's like Mel Gibson, now that he is no longer young and handsome nobody wants to put up with his shit.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2021 1:34 AM

They need to put in a toilet, R40.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2021 1:36 AM

[R6] Who is this fruit brain on DL who always wants people who have a differing opinion to die in a grease fire? His Mama must have splashed him with some hot Crisco oil when she was frying up the family rabbit. She gave him a real soul kink!

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2021 7:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!