Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Britney’s Aunt says her brother Jamie “caged” Britney

Britney Spears' aunt, Leigh Ann Spears Wrather, is speaking out.

In an interview with Good Morning Britain on Friday (October 15), Leigh Ann called out her brother Jamie Spears over his treatment of her niece, referring to him as "barbaric."

“He’s barbaric. Who gets to do that to someone? She was just manipulated and used. And he wants to say he protected her?” she said. “No. He caged her! He caged her.”

She added, “He swooped in at the perfect moment, when she was at her most vulnerable, to take control. I don’t think he was the hero. I think that he manipulated the situation, and that he has benefited from this situation for [over] a decade.”

Leigh Ann discussed why the other members of the Spears family never stepped in to stop what was happening to Britney.

“I don’t know what anyone could’ve done,” she said. “I do know this: I know that if Lynne [Britney’s mom] could’ve done anything, she would’ve.”

“She wants away from Jamie, she wants to be free, she wants to get married, she wants to have kids," she said of her niece. "I don’t know if [Jamie] can be prosecuted for anything, but he needs to be held accountable.”

Britney recently put her family on blast in a scathing new Instagram post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2021 9:39 AM

"she wants to get married, she wants to have kids"

New Britney meltdown in 3, 2, 1...

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 4:10 PM

Amusing how, now that Britney's finally extricating herself from her father's control, the rest of her family is hurriedly making excuses for what happened. Saying that they couldn't have done anything, they couldn't have successfully intervened and persuaded Jamie to ease up. Well, what they could've done right at the start was fight Jamie's move to become her conservator. But they all found it easier to step back and just let it happen.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 4:12 PM

And Britney's Auntie aka PittyPat Hamilton(See Gone with the Wind, Y'all)couldn't help Britney all those years. Since when can't a Southern sister call out her brother, as if. Smells like Auntie wants to make some dosh off the back of Brit(Interviews, tell alls, etc.). Seems like the Grift runs deep in the Spears Clan, Y'all.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 1:28 AM

I did believe that the father was the best option for the conservatorship, especially with those paps who had made a move to take control of Britney (I.e., her money). But it sounds like his papa bear act was more act and he was trying to get access to her money for himself. And if he did threaten her to “behave” or not see her kids, he’s truly terrible, and she needs to be free of him.

I still think Britney was in real danger at that time, and a unhappy as she says she was during the past 13 years, I’m not sure she’d still be alive (let alone have any money left) if not for the conservatorship. That being said, it’s time for her to at least be released from the conservatorship of her person, and let her live her life. A true estate conservatorship that protects her hard earned money from shady grifters could be of some value, at least until she fully transitions to control of her own life. She seems to know she has an illness that requires medication, so that’s a step in the right direction.

Good luck to her.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2021 11:34 AM

R4 Agreed. A sensible take.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2021 11:41 AM

I don’t know about that, R4. She seems to be off her meds. 90% of her Instagram is her holding her bare breasts in her hands. I don’t know if that’s a sign of a totally healthy person.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2021 11:52 AM

For the love of God, this isn't 1821. A parent can't get a conservatorship of an adult offspring without jumping through endless legal hoops- lawyers on both sides, testimony, doctors, interviews. He can't just waltz into a courtroom and say "your honor my daughter is plumb loco so I want complete control of her life." It's a very difficult thing to do and requires lots of legal proof that someone is totally off the rails. It's also monitored afterwards. Stop making it sound like this guy locked her in the fruit cellar and just took over.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2021 11:56 AM

That’s pretty much exactly what he did R7, and I couldn’t give a shit less about Britney Spears. There were multiple people involved in imprisoning her, it was practically a conspiracy. But of course you think all women are “crazy.” Tired old queens on this site.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 11:59 AM

With what you are seeing on line of Brit, can you just for TRY to imagine what she is like off-line? The on line stuff is cleaned up, organized & somewhat orchestrated. Ever spend any time around a low IQ person who also has MI? Guess why families try to institutionalize them? Sam deserves every red cent he gleans. Imagine having to corral & act involved w. that shit show 24/7, when you are a younger guy with a functioning brain.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 1:44 PM

If her conservatorship was monitored in any meaningful way then her father wouldn't have been conservator for all these years, especially after that incident where he broke down a door to get at one of her kids and shake him around. We learned during all this that her sons had a restraining order against Jamie after that. It still took years after the restraining order for Britney to get a hearing on the conservatorship, and she wouldn't have gotten that without the huge public outcry.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 1:50 PM

It seems Jamie stepped down as soon as Britney got at real lawyer who figured out what was going on in this arrangement and came at him hard with threats of legal action.

In the most recent Britney doc, on Netflix, one attorney described a conservatorship as a “civil death”, as of to say it leaves a person with as little power over their own life and affairs as a deceased person might have. And the idea of the subject of a conservatorship having any active income, let alone the millions that Britney generated while under hers, had been previously unheard of.

While she obviously needed help, (and may still need some) and the conservatorship likely helped her, a lot of shady folks were involved and they did some shady stuff. It’s well past time for their involvement to end.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 2:13 PM

^^^i should amend “previously unheard of” to “practically unheard of”.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2021 2:28 PM

And this bitch is happy as a clam that her brother used Britney. Now she can do interviews all over the world. I'm sure she's hoping this will end up benefiting her financially.

The whole family sounds like a pack of redneck grifters.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2021 9:28 AM

R12 There is no one on such a conservatorship - for a severely ill person - that could be expected to work, much less perform grueling physical sessions nightly or twice a night. This is the main reason this conservatorship was a travesty. If someone is able to work under those conditions in Vegas, as B was forced to do, they exhibit a level of functioning that is incompatible with the ruling of incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2021 9:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!