Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Barbra, Ethel, and Judy sing together!!

Eldergays have a mass orgasm!

Streisand, Merman, and Garland sing together in this video!!’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 5:14 AM

It is strange, given that she is the only one of the three to have been active and alive in my lifetime, but I've just never cared for Barbra. Ethel and Judy, however, were just GREAT! Barbra never seems to have any real emotion or soul, in her voice. She reminds me of the girl that was my rival for best singer in our small church. She always hit the right notes, she phrased things correctly, her performances were beautiful, but they were cold.

The congregation always loved my performances because like Ethel and Judy, I threw myself into every performance, it wasn't about giving the most beautiful performance, it was about making the audience FEEL the song.

Also, I did a musical in middle school. I was the only one that was so loud they didn't mike me, but I was still heard over everyone. Our two "directors" from the local college, called me Merman because I could belt.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2021 1:40 AM

R1 = Shug Avery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 1:43 AM

That has ALWAYS been one of my favorite moments in film. And, yes one I've dreamed about doing.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 1:49 AM

OMG, OP! You've posted something brand new to the eldergays. I'm sure none of them knew this exists.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 2:07 AM

OP, you may find this recent thread of interest which also discusses the same performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 2:09 AM

Barbra looks and acts mortified through the whole thing. As you would.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 4:50 AM

This is a gem of a video. The only other times you'd have stars of this caliber together would be on The Love Boat

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 1:06 PM

WoW

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 8:29 PM

Barbra doesn't sing out with Ethel there. She's overwhelmed -- she's melting like buttah!

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 4:53 AM

[quote] The congregation always loved my performances because like Ethel and Judy, I threw myself into every performance, it wasn't about giving the most beautiful performance, it was about making the audience FEEL the song.

Are we talking about church here?

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 5:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!