Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cheesy Pop from the Middle East

Gimme your best, girls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 28, 2021 10:44 PM

Oh, I'm sorry, were we suppose to comment?

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2021 10:27 PM

His face is weird.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2021 12:37 AM

He has a good voice (compared to some US acts) but expecting the DL to

know a bunch of "Muslim acts" might be asking too much of the community.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2021 8:40 AM

I have always loved the over-the-top dramatism of Middle Eastern pop, as well as its folksy flourishes and plastic, soft focus artificiality.

Here's Lebanese megastar Nawal El Zoghbi with a song I've always loved called Ma'rafsh Leih - whatever that means, as I don't speak Arabic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2021 8:52 AM

And now that we're talking about divas, Turkish transsexual Arabesk superstar Bülent Ersoy, with her song Ümit Hırsızı (Hope Thief). I absolutely LOVE the sheer exaggeration of it all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2021 8:56 AM

And returning to Lebanon, hunky superstar Wael Kfoury is rather hot - I love his matinée idol looks ❤️❤️❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2021 9:44 AM

And here's another one from Turkey: Davut Güloğlu... More than anything, I like the fact that in his videos, his shirt is often soaked or he's showing his arms and chest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2021 9:53 AM

Excellent choice, R4!

It means ‘I don’t know why’.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2021 11:07 PM

I like Mohamed El Sharnouby. I don't think he's cheesy either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2021 11:46 PM

Amr Diab huge star. Not that cheesy. OP do you only want cheesy? That's pretty condescending and stupid American of you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2021 11:50 PM

Cairokee - Egyptian hipster electronic. Better than the flyoverstan pop you listen to, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2021 11:55 PM

You don’t know anything about me, you smug, presumptuous prick, R10/R11.

Nek nafsak ya ibn sharamota - wade7 inak insan ri5im w bedan illi fa5or bnafsu. nas zayak behayim w enta booma, ya 5awal gahla w mutakabira.

Here’s a song from the increasingly scary-faced Samira Said, just so you know I didn't really mean what I wrote above (except for the fact you’re a smug, presumptuous prick).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 28, 2021 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!