Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THE ***OFFICIAL***COVID-19 Silver Lining thread.

I’ll start off.

These Deplorables are dying like flies and refusing to get their COVID inoculation shots. It could be righteous if mainstream news like CNN stop keeping statistics of how many of these inbreed racists are dying.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2021 11:55 AM

I loved how much time I had to spend with my elderly dog.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2021 2:34 PM

Another: My parents are hardcore Republicans and tell me to fuck off all the time. However, I never let it get too intense to cut them off. Everyone is entitled to there opinion/delusion.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2021 2:35 PM

My company finally had to give in on allowing telework, because they could no longer claim the employees weren’t as effective working from home.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2021 2:36 PM

COVID made it easier to end already strained relationships with crazy friends and relatives. Haven't heard a peep from the argumentative "Reopen everything, it only kills old people" brigade since we lost an elderly relative to COVID, for example.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2021 2:47 PM

I've always thought that hotels and restaurants should be cleaner. I hope they continue the deep-cleaning practices they've been forced to do after the pandemic is over.

Though I already see food preparers w/o masks again, so my hopes aren't too high.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2021 2:50 PM

I learned how to cook and enjoy fresh, simple food again. Haven’t been to a Jack in the Crack, McDs, or Booger King in almost two years.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2021 2:57 PM

I figured out I was able to cut my own hair so now I am saving all of that money I was spending on haircuts before.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2021 2:58 PM

Me too, r7. Not the greatest precision but short and passable. If there is an obvious mistake, wear a hat for a week. It grows out.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2021 3:02 PM

R6, I wish I could say the same. I still don't like cooking, so haven't taken it up. I guess I can say that I've helped support the local restaurant industry with take-out orders.

I find "curb-side pickup" to be a silver lining that I hope stores/restaurants continue that as it's wonderful in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2021 3:31 PM

Thrilled to get a pass on socializing with acquaintances that showed their true deplorable/antiVaxx/AntiCovid colors.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2021 3:41 PM

traveling for work was getting very stressful

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 3:55 PM

You-know-who didn't get re-elected due to his denial/mishandling of pandemic

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2021 4:39 PM

I doubt that, R12. If it were so, down ballot Republicans would’ve suffered the same fate. Trump more likely lost because his support among suburban woman had already cratered beyond repair.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 5:06 PM

I found away to cut down on buying all the overpriced food in the markets. I buy frozen Wild non-GMO frozen fish fillets from Costco (salmon, mahi swordfish, etc.) and eat one filet for dinner along with a fresh salad and I found many delicious recipes. It’s cheap too:: $18/for12 individually vacuum-packed portions. It’s healthier and cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2021 1:45 AM

Yes, it was white suburban women that took a leap of faith for the Straight White Male and instead got a good, hard DP fuck instead. I’m loving it. Bitches goin’ learn the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2021 11:46 AM

Wow, the jobs that are available today reminds me of Petty’s ‘Into The Great Wide Open’. That song has been in my head all day.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2021 11:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!