Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Nightmare’ Mom Threw Secret Drunken Sex Parties for Young Teens, Encouraged Sex Attacks

A 47-year-old California woman said to be married to a big-shot Silicon Valley executive is facing a slew of charges after prosecutors say she lured 14- and 15-year-old high school students to booze-fueled parties where she encouraged and watched “sometimes non-consensual” sex acts.

The allegations against Shannon O’Connor, also known as Shannon Bruga, run the gamut from plying minors with alcohol to enabling sexual assault. Prosecutors in Santa Clara County say she left a trail of victims over a period of several months.

At “drunken and destructive house parties” throughout 2020 and early 2021, O’Connor allegedly “bought vodka and Fireball whiskey, provided condoms, and discouraged the teens from telling their parents about the parties or calling for help when one of them passed out in their own vomit,” according to a press release from the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office.

In one instance outlined by prosecutors, O’Connor is said to have “watched and laughed as a drunk teen sexually battered a young girl in bed.” In another case, prosecutors say she “brought one drunk teen into a bedroom at her home where an intoxicated 14-year-old girl was lying in the bed,” leading to the girl being assaulted. The victim is said to have confronted her about the alleged setup, asking: “Why did you leave me in there with him? Like why did you like do that? Like you knew what he was going to do me.”

O’Connor is said to have gone to great lengths to keep the depraved scheme a secret, often allegedly using Snapchat or text messages to convince teenagers to sneak out of their homes in the middle of the night to attend one of her “parties.” She also kept the gatherings under wraps from her husband, Robert Amaral, the chief revenue officer of the cybersecurity firm SlashNext, according to The Mercury News.

The California-based parties are said to have gone on from June 2020 to May 2021. They were only stopped after parents learned of a December 2020 incident that left a boy with a concussion, The Mercury News reports. In that instance, which was also cited by prosecutors, O’Connor allegedly drove her son and his friends to the Los Gatos High School parking lot, where she let at least one of them drunkenly drive her SUV while her son and another friend hung on to the back. One of the teens fell off and was left unconscious after slamming his head into the ground. Court documents say he later “spent the night vomiting, and almost drowned in the tub due to his intoxication.”

At least one mother of a student at Los Gatos High reportedly sounded the alarm about the drunken parties, but she said she was told that since it all took place off campus, it was out of school officials’ hands.

O’Connor was arrested in Eagle, Idaho, over the weekend, and booked into a local jail, where she faces extradition to California. Investigators said Tuesday evening that O’Connor is suspected of continuing to throw similar booze-fueled ragers at her Idaho home. Detectives allegedly found a dozen teens at her house when they arrived to arrest her on Saturday, NBC Bay Area reported.

She will face a lengthy prison sentence in connection with 39 criminal counts, including felony child abuse, sexual assault, and providing alcohol to minors.

“It took a lot of brave children to come forward and to untangle this deeply disturbing case,” Jeff Rosen, the Santa Clara County district attorney, said. “As a parent, I’m shocked. As the DA, I’m determined to hold those adults who endanger children fully accountable to the law and our community.”

With the charges against her, the Los Gatos-Saratoga Union High School District issued a statement vowing to investigate “any issues that arise on our campuses and work closely with law enforcement to support their investigation into matters that take place outside of school.”

There was no word from prosecutors on whether any of the teens could face charges in connection with the coerced sex acts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2021 5:51 PM

What's wrong with a girl having a little fun?

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2021 2:26 PM

She's the female Bryan Singer!

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2021 2:29 PM

I'm not like those other, stuffy moms. I'm a cool mom!

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2021 2:29 PM

What a hostess!

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2021 3:01 PM

[Quote]Like why did you like do that? Like you knew what he was going to do me.”

Could we like get one more "like" in there?

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2021 3:05 PM

She is probably a poor, terrified angel who was driven to sexually abuse young teens because her husband is abusive, and her father didn't love her enough. If we think about it objectively, SHE is the ONE AND ONLY VICTIM here!!!

After all, everybody knows that only men commit crimes - women are forced to break the law by abusive partners who terrify them into lying, stealing, being sexual predators and abusing children. And before anyone dares to refute my claims, let me tell you that if you do that, you are a misogynistic domestic abuser.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2021 3:06 PM

How on earth did she manage to keep her husband unaware? They must live separate lives.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote] How on earth did she manage to keep her husband unaware? They must live separate lives.

He was probably busy, jerking off to the secret videos.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2021 3:14 PM

Look at how long the distance is between her nose and upper lip. What’s it called again?

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2021 3:15 PM

Ma... The KAREN edition

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote] Look at how long the distance is between her nose and upper lip. What’s it called again?

Cleft Palate?

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 3:17 PM

I find it funny how there is something of a stigma against the breeders raising their spawn in cities but all of these really trashy and low class incidents seem to happen in the suburbs. Stuff like weirdo female pedo teachers preying on 11 year olds, kids bullying schoolmates to the point of suicide and steubenville type sex abuse stories all seem to most frequently happen in good old middle American suburbia.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2021 3:50 PM

Hostess with the mostess!

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 3:57 PM

[quote] ‘Nightmare’ Mom Threw Secret Drunken Sex Parties for Young Teens, [bold] Encouraged Sex Attacks [/bold]

Free Shannon O’Connor / Bruga, our Patron Saint of Surprise Anal!

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 4:18 PM

The sexual assaults and the concussion were bad.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 4:31 PM

I used to think adults who, in this day and age, still pursue partying/sex with underage kids were incredibly stupid. I mean, how dumb do you have to be to think you're gonna get away with it? Sooner or later the kid(s) will talk.

But over and over again it seems to be people with poor impulse control, who apparently either can't foresee the consequences or don't care, and who certainly don't GAF about how it will affect the kid(s), not to mention their own families.

IOW, they're not run of the mill idiots, they're sociopaths. And this is still so common an occurrence, I guess that figure of 1 out of 25 people being a sociopath is probably right.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2021 4:37 PM

You'll never win Mother of the Year, ma'am.

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2021 4:52 PM

This thread is useless without pics.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2021 4:55 PM

Miss Manners Hostess Tip: Never draw up a guest list when you're off your tits on cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2021 4:55 PM

This thread is useless with the only picture being that of the ‘Nightmare’ Mom

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2021 4:55 PM

how long the distance is between her nose and upper lip

I call it Simian.

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2021 4:57 PM

D6, DL is obsessed with attacking women while defending male sexual abusers. People here defended Kevin Spacey and even R. Kelly has his defenders here who claim the victims "wanted it"

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote]O’Connor is said to have gone to great lengths to keep the depraved scheme a secret

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2021 4:58 PM

R12, there are about 10 times as many male "pedo" teachers as female ones. Weirdly, Datalounge ignores the male ones....

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2021 4:59 PM

She looks like a meth whore, not an executive’s wife. I guess guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Their poor kid, though.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2021 4:59 PM

Idiot. Everyone knows you have to go overseas to indulge your most insane fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2021 5:00 PM

"OK, kids, enough charades. It's time to do another bump and play a little game I like to call 'RAPE'!"

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2021 5:04 PM

She looks like a meth-head who asked her plastic surgeon for the "2018 Faye Dunaway Mouth."

by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2021 5:05 PM

Call me.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2021 5:07 PM

Phew. Doged a bullet there. That is my mom, right?

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2021 5:18 PM

Dang. Dodged, of course.

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2021 5:18 PM

Any dick pics?

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2021 5:21 PM

a therapist friend told me that hes routinely shocked by the sexual behavior of clients. some people basically function like animals and have no off switch. Drugs/alcohol are usually involved with the most extreme behaviors though--removes inhibitions. she was definitely on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2021 5:44 PM

Did she have sex with any of these idiot kids, or did she just want to get off on watching them lose control and rape and injure each other?

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2021 5:48 PM

What is with these older moms/teachers and young boys?

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2021 5:51 PM

R6=looking for things to be angry about. No one is about to defend this woman

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2021 5:52 PM

What a stupid bitch. She should've filmed those parties and blackmail either the kids or the parents. She could've been the next Epstein. Instead she's just a common low level creep.

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2021 5:52 PM

R9, Could be ill fitting dentures.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2021 5:59 PM

What was her end goal here? Admittedly I only skimmed the article but it doesn't sound like anyone accused her of raping the underage kids, usually that's the purpose of getting kids drunk or high like this....so what did she get out of all this

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2021 6:04 PM

She looks like a frog, those lip fillers are messed up.

I remember a milder version of this mom in my HS days. She let us drink at her house and drove us to the convenience store for cigarettes and was always wasted. She died early. I think some moms want to be teens forever.

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2021 6:11 PM

GenX-on-GenZ literal violence!

Won't somebody think of the children?!

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2021 6:13 PM

She gets to be "the cool mom", r39.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2021 6:13 PM

[Quote]Could be ill fitting dentures.

She's got money, she's not wearing dentures.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2021 6:15 PM

She makes Aunt Diane look like a Red Cross volunteer in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2021 6:15 PM

All this fuss. Why didn't they just send her a subpoena she could ignore and not have to face any consequences?

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2021 6:20 PM

Tasteful friends: if these walls could talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2021 6:45 PM

Depraved bitch. I wonder if her kid was a boy or a girl.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2021 6:51 PM

Pursed lips are the devil’s workshop!

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2021 6:59 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering if she was into the voyeur aspect or if she actually participated/violated the teens. It sounds like she didn't pump any kind of brakes when it came to their drinking and teens don't know yet how alcohol works or the time frame it will work in or how messed up you can get. But she did. She's definitely a twisted b**ch.

Did the husband just not care or was he never home?

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2021 7:05 PM

Why are the boys "teenagers" and the girls "underage girls".

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2021 12:54 AM

WTF is "sex attacks"? Is this legalese for rape?

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2021 1:09 AM

My parents let me have a crazy new years party in hs..no sex for me but plenty of booze and pot. The rents were out.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2021 1:17 AM

If she also allowed homosexual sex at these drunken debauches, now THAT would be a cool mom.

This is just tedious hetero booze sex.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2021 1:18 AM

She really looks like a product of incest herself.

by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2021 1:37 AM

Snooki's parents did the same thing, and one kid wound up dead. Yet she became a millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2021 2:08 PM

The house looks like a middle class frau went wild at TJ Maxx. Which is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2021 2:25 PM

I didn't want to look at her pic. And I especially didn't want to click on the Yahoo link the OP provided. (I didn't realize those still existed.) All that to say, she looked just like I thought she would. It's a sad state of affairs that so many parents are super-protective of their teenagers (which is a hard enough battle to fight), but then you have someone like this meth-faced, bleached blonde trout tramp inviting the neighbourhood kids over for drunken sex parties. She should not only rot in hell, but get gang banged a few hundred times in the women's prison she'll be sentenced to.

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2021 4:13 PM

R56, this is an executive's wife who lives in Los Gatos, which is on the more expensive edges of Silicon Valley. If she can afford to live there, she can afford to shop at Nordstrom, not TJ Maxx.

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2021 5:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!