Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Daley Comes Out - Suffering From Anorexia & Bulimia

Tom Daley reveals his private battle with an eating disorder in the build-up to London 2012. Wounded by comments about his weight from his coach Alexei Evangulov, Daley began cutting out carbs, fasting for whole days and getting up early to do fat-burning cardio before breakfast. Guilt and shame haunted his every meal. He welcomed each lost kilogram with a grim sense of pride. If he dared to eat cake, he would make himself sick afterwards.

“I guess there is that stigma around eating disorders that problems with eating only affect women, and it’s just not the case,” insists Daley

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 5:59 PM

How traumatic.

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2021 1:46 AM

So that’s granny and grandpa and now the coach, allthrown under the bus. I wonder who’s next?

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2021 1:48 AM

2012? a decade ago. He looked great this year, very ripped but not emaciated. He has a wall of muscle.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2021 1:48 AM

At the same time?

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2021 1:49 AM

I understand and feel Tom”s pain completely.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2021 1:52 AM

I would wager that every gay Olympian has had an eating disorder at some point.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Now that he's looking for a new career, I guess Tom is going to become a professional attention whore.

Much like Demi Lovato.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2021 2:04 AM

Whoever took this must not have liked him. And how much forehead is he covering by brushing his hair forward that much?

R2 Dustin must be nervous about the inevitable post-breakup book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2021 5:26 PM

Don't you have to binge eat for bulimia, thus negating anorexia? I guess denying yourself food until you binge is the anorexia part.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2021 5:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!