Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your favorite out of Janet’s #1 songs?

She’s had ten #1’s. Which is your favorite?

I love them all, but I really really love Love Will Never Do. It’s so good. I love everything about it, especially her singing in a lower register for the first verse.

That’s The Way Love Goes is a good second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 3:44 PM

Ten #1s?

Why have I never heard of 8 of them?

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 10:29 PM

R1 were you born in the 2000s? The late 80s into the early 00s she was a radio and MTV fixture

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 10:32 PM

Well so much for staying power.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 10:34 PM

The one she did for her 2nd Baja Fresh commercial. Not the first commercial.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 10:37 PM

Black Cat is my favorite, but I do like all of them, to be honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 10:44 PM

All of them! But if I had to pick "TOGETHER AGAIN!"

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 10:46 PM

As I look at these old videos of Janet I am reminded of how amazing she is and how she was the formula that so many female performers that came along behind her tried to imitate!

Janet is the queen in terms of originality, extraordinary dancing and overall performance and star power!

Take me on an Escapade!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 10:52 PM

I voted for "Miss You Much" because out of the 10 songs in the poll, that's my favorite. But my favorite Janet songs weren't No. 1 hits. My three favorites, starting at No. 3, were all from her "Control" album: No. 3, "What Have You Done for Me Lately, which went to No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100; No. 2, "Nasty," which went to No. 3 on the chart; and my favorite, "The Pleasure Principle (specifically The Shep Pettibone Mix)," which went to No. 14 on Billboard. But THAT is an amazing single, paired with an amazing video. That is my favorite Janet track ever.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 11:02 PM

Just to refresh your memories:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 11:09 PM

Wow. I’m shocked “When I Think Of You” is doing so well.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2021 11:36 PM

"When I Think of You" is my absolute favorite of all her songs. But as R8 said, many of my other favorites weren't No. 1 hits.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 12:06 AM

The one where she flashes her tit and vanishes.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2021 2:55 AM

I voted, but “Nasty” is her best song.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 3:04 AM

Control was a great album. So many good songs.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 4:02 AM

Control is filled with great songs

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!