Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

One year later, renters are "frantic" to return to NYC

Many renters are finding it painfully more expensive and stressful to land an apartment in the city now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 8:00 PM

Someone on TikTok was so right about these people, and how they shouldn’t even be allowed to return.

They ran away when things got tough and now wanna come back? No. You don’t deserve to be called a NYer.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 7:20 PM

Fox News' Kennedy (and many on the DL) have assured me that NYC is a smoking wreck of a shithole of a crime-ridden, Mad-Max hellscape who have defunded the police and that no one in their right mind would think of returning to!!

And now this?

Huh.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 7:25 PM

A good friend of mine had his landlord spike his rent by a ridiculous amount that he won't be able to afford, and he's been trying to find a place and it is NOT going well -- glad I bought ten years ago!

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 7:31 PM

No point in returning yet. The pandemic isn't over. It'll probably be years before things really return to normal.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 7:33 PM

I'm sure someone will make a few dollars figuring out how this is the fault of AOC or bail reform or giving unemployment benefits to people or the (now over-with) eviction moratorium.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 7:34 PM

This article seems written by a rental broker.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 7:35 PM

The future is crowded, bitches. Try Hoboken.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 7:55 PM

I thought NY passed some new law last year that prevented brokers' fees being charged to renters, and that the landlord's had to pay the?

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 7:59 PM

My recollection is hazy but I think the real estate industry got to Cuomo who had it overturned.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!