Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Son Wants A Lady Baltimore Cake For His Birthday

I'm starting to worry about that boy

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2021 2:35 AM

Lady Baltimore Cake can be delicious.

As can Lord Baltimore Cake.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote]Lady Baltimore Cake can be delicious.

CAN or IS?

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 8:10 PM

When he asks for the Judy Garland Show box set, or Live at Carnegie Hall double album, I'd worry.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 8:14 PM

Better play it safe, OP.

Put him on puberty blockers.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 8:23 PM

Somethin’ about that boy ain’t right.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 8:24 PM

I would start worrying when he has Lord Baltimore for his birthday

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 8:55 PM

He has good taste. He better share some with us, the fat whores of DL

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 8:58 PM

Who's had a Lady Baltimore Cake? I doesn't look good.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 9:37 PM

I have had Lady Baltimore Cake many times and I like it. I said that it [bold] can [/bold] be good because there are lots of different recipes out there and some are good and others are dry and lackluster. I wish I had a recipe to share, but I don't. I had a friend who used to make it in the mid-eighties and I remember liking it. Fruit, nuts, 7-minute frosting.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote] said that it can be good because there are lots of different recipes out there a

How can it have more than one? It is either a LB cake or not?

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2021 4:00 PM

Ugh. Why ruin a perfectly good cake by introducing raisins?

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 4:05 PM

I'll have to put him in my next movie.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2021 4:08 PM

[quote] How can it have more than one? It is either a LB cake or not?

Would you say the same thing about chocolate cake? Carrot cake? Apple pie? Take a look on-line and you'll find variations on Lady Baltimore Cake.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 4:22 PM

Raisins and figs in cake? Blech!

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 4:28 PM

Good lord! Your son is trash! Just like his mother!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 5:04 PM

I didn't know what a Lady Baltimore Cake was so I looked it up, expecting something delicious like a Boston Creme Pie, and got some figgy nut thing covered in meringue. BOO HISS

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2021 5:07 PM

Give him a Divine cake instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote]Would you say the same thing about chocolate cake

Yes, a chocolate cake has chocolate. If you put coconut on it, it's GERMAN chocolate cake, make it another way it's BLACK FOREST cake.

Black Forest isn't chocolate and vice versa

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2021 7:13 PM

It's those common Baltimore schools. Oh God, I wish we lived in Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2021 7:22 PM

Yes, a chocolate cake has chocolate. If you put coconut on it, it's GERMAN chocolate cake, make it another way it's BLACK FOREST cake. Black Forest isn't chocolate and vice versa

I was asked why I said it [bold] can [/bold] be good. It can be good but I'm sure it can sometimes not be good.

A fruitcake has fruit in it. However, there are lots of terrible fruitcake recipes out there. There are also good fruitcake recipes.

I don't like [bold] all [/bold] Black Forest cakes. Some are frosted with whipped cream and I don't happen to like that. Some are frosted with buttercream. Some have halved cherries inside and some have the baker make a cherry jam for the filling (my preference).

I'm surprised that this seems to be a foreign concept and is so hard to comprehend.

Meatloaf generally has meat and breadcrumbs, and seasonings. But not all meatloaf is alike. I've had really dry bland meatloaf and I've had really good meatloaf. Some meatloaf is glazed with ketchup, brown sugar, and cider vinegar, whereas some has a brown gravy.

Deviled eggs. Yes, they are made of eggs and mayonnaise. But I've had deviled eggs that I dislike and I've had deviled eggs that I like.

So, not all Lady Baltimore cakes are equal.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2021 7:25 PM

Next thing you know he'll be demanding Pancakes Barbara!

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2021 8:35 PM

Sounds like an awful lot of trouble for a little gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2021 8:47 PM

Serve it after Steak Diane and Pommes Anna. See if maybe he will go for Pancakes Barbara instead.

Eating all those ladies will straighten him out.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2021 2:06 AM

The son will become a fat whore like the mother.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2021 2:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!