Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The TRANS declare war on “Hamilton!

More, more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 26, 2021 5:51 PM

Expect an overly sincere apology from Lin in 3....2....1

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 5:03 PM

Where’s Actor’s Equity in this matter? Or do they just sit on the sidelines and wait for everything to blow over?

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 5:06 PM

ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 5:08 PM

I am soooo TIRED of this "Tranny shit" all over the US!!

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 5:09 PM

Pauvre La Belle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 5:20 PM

Why does he need a gender neutral dressing room if he is non-binary, these trans and their demands are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 5:22 PM

Remember when the Broadway company stood onstage and called out Mike Pence for Trump immigration policy that hadn’t even been implemented?

Reap what you sow!

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 5:22 PM

Can anyone explain - calmly - what exactly a 'gender neutral dressing room' entails?

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote] Can anyone explain - calmly - what exactly a 'gender neutral dressing room' entails?

Giving an attention whore whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 5:29 PM

Has Man 6 given a statement yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote]Can anyone explain - calmly - what exactly a 'gender neutral dressing room' entails?

That was my thought.

Does that mean that this person wants a dressing room accessed by other non-binary people only or a single person room - or, in lay terms, a private dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2021 5:34 PM

I'm tired of the trans-hate shit.

Much more than trans people voicing legitimate complaints about their treatment.

However, I'm not declaring this one fits the profile.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2021 5:37 PM

I demand a non-binary green room.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2021 5:38 PM

I don't understand what a "gender-neutral" dressing room is.

No urinal?

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2021 5:38 PM

Time to declare war on trannies.

I can't stand them. CUNTS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2021 5:39 PM

It means a dressing room not segregated by gender. Males and females and whatevers sharing the space. It's pretty standard in small theater companies that don't have the resources to segregate. It would not be unfamiliar to most of the cast of HAMILTON.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2021 5:39 PM

You mean like Lavarious Slaughter R16?

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2021 5:42 PM

Why he dress like Aunt Jemima?

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2021 5:42 PM

R15 Behind this is the Wokeism that must be fought. Trans people nowadays are fed with the totalitarian ideology of the Wokes.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2021 5:42 PM

But why does the world have to revolve around THEM R16??

We all occupy this space.

They are demanding that everyone caters to them and I say fuck that.

Entitled fucking CUNTS.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2021 5:43 PM

You're right, R20. Your message comes through loud and clear.

The world should obviously revolve around you. We got it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote] Why does he need a gender neutral dressing room if he is non-binary,

He doesn't. He can use the little boys room. We ladies don't need to be seeing your cock and balls, thank you very much.

And if he is insisting on gender neutral then you know it's cause he wants to show us what he has. Part of the larping.

Oops sorry. It just slipped.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2021 9:52 PM

Jesus, this kid suffers from a heavy duty case of narcissism, whatever his gender is. And good luck taking on the producers of HAMILTON. They are the most woke crowd ever...

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote] Does that mean that this person wants a dressing room accessed by other non-binary people only or a single person room - or, in lay terms, a private dressing room.

Yes, a private dressing room. Think of it as a locker room. He doesn’t want to go to the men’s locker room or the women’s locker room because he is neither. So he wants a third locker room just for him.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 10:45 PM

He doesn't want a gender neutral dressing room. He wants his OWN dressing room!.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 10:53 PM

He did end up getting his non-binary dressing room. One of the stars, Rory O’Malley, gave up his private dressing for him. I guess that wasn’t enough?

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2021 10:54 PM

At least he wanted his own dressing room and not to parade his cock and balls in front of the women.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2021 10:58 PM

Hey, Suni, no one is looking.....believe me! NO ONE IS LOOKING!

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2021 11:19 PM

Good. That musical fucking sucks anyways.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 11:32 PM

The anti-trans brigade hate when they want to change clothes in the locker room/bathroom that they identify with

but when they try to go a less controversial route like this they will still boo & hiss them.

Liberal open minded Broadway is also an over rated myth.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2021 11:40 PM

It is getting a bit exhausting. Just remove the "men" and "women" signs off both bathroom doors/all dressing room doors and replace them with signs that all say "Anybody and Everybody" just to shut them up for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2021 11:54 PM

Rory O’Malley = Enabler

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2021 2:12 AM

If someone is non binary they don’t identify as male or female. So neither dressing room would be suitable. So he got a private dressing room and he’s still suing the producers. That is very nervy of they.

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] trans people voicing legitimate complaints about their treatment

Examples please

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote] If someone is non binary they don’t identify as male or female. So neither dressing room would be suitable.

THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING EVER!!!!

did you all hear me? THE STUPIDEST THING EVER.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2021 2:23 AM

^ Pat Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2021 2:26 AM

Non-binary is complete non-sense.

These people aren’t even trans, at all, and their stupid requests can and should be completely ignored.

Literally every person on the planet could qualify as—and likely is—non-binary. The only people who don’t realize this are the ones who declare themselves to be non-binary.

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2021 2:27 AM

No, R36. EINSTEIN.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2021 2:29 AM

I can’t even tell if this person is trans or non-binary. He’s identified as BOTH in that Deadline article. You can’t be both trans and non-binary, for fuck’s sake.

But I reiterate: “non-binary” is COMPLETE nonsense, and I will fight any non-binary-identifying person, or any of their allies, TO THE DEATH if I have to.

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2021 2:30 AM

r39 That's the latest trend: identifying as both "trans + non-binary". Lots of FTMs (some MTFs too) declared so like the former Ellen Page, Nats Getty (of that Gety family), FTM soccer and baseball players (former lesbians; still chasing women) who insist on staying in "women's teams" while shouting "trans + nb"

Since when has anything that come out of the trannies and TRAs mouths made sense? They just ramble sth about 'transitioned from assigned gender but trans can be on the spectrum'. Everything is spectrum and every contradiction valid under the all-encompassing tranny umbrella to the loons.

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2021 3:02 AM

Ugh. That is complete LUNACY. Totally illogical.

Fuck those idiots, R40.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote]Totally illogical.

Finally! Someone who gets it!

Sort of. In a limited way.

Gender issues are not logical. You got that much right.

They are emotional and psychological. Applying logic to them is pointless. They are not logic problems that can be solved using logical methods. Logic and gender mix no better than oil and water.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2021 12:44 PM

Another news story didn't mention trans in the headline.

Before I read it, I thought "I bet it's a trans thing."

And - kinda? Are.they nb or trans? Do they identify as both? I mean, he's clearly a man, so that's another issue.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2021 12:45 PM

It sounds to me like they were in a tough contract negotiations and they’re using trans/NB discrimination as a reason to get sympathy.

It’s not working.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2021 1:10 PM

Mx. Thing just wants their own dressing room. This was a woke way to get it. Nice try but you wasted your shot. You had one of the best gigs in the theatre biz right now. You threw it away. No one is going to invite this kind of bullshit into another company or show. This nonsense just gets crazier and crazier. Work out your mental health issues on your own time rather than inflicting them on us all.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2021 1:17 PM

They is obese and ugly. No gender wants to see that thing naked ffs

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2021 1:27 PM

This hot mess can't be unseen.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2021 1:42 PM

Create a musical based on circus freaks and cast trans actors, because that's were they belong in a FREAK show!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2021 2:11 PM

R42 - so right

Applying logic to people whose whole identity and existence are based on their feelings / narcissism / competing in the victim Olympics.

If only one could apply logic to this conundrum...like say....what sex they are.

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2021 2:19 PM

Wait. I thought they didn't want segregated restrooms/dressing rooms. That if we didn't let them use the facilities that matched their gender identity, we were committing literal violence. So did this person have the option to use either dressing room depending on their identity at the moment? I guess that wasn't good enough. Then they were graciously given another performer's private dressing room and that still isn't good enough.

This is why we hate them.

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2021 2:39 PM

[quote]“Intentionally and repeatedly mis-gendered them.”

The suffering.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2021 2:42 PM

How I weep for how they has suffered. It really makes me check my privilege

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote]Can anyone explain - calmly - what exactly a 'gender neutral dressing room' entails?

A trifling bitch in the chorus wants her own dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2021 3:09 PM

Is that fat thing wearing a bra? He must have stolen it from LIzzo.

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2021 3:25 PM

The LA Times has a link to the actual complaint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2021 3:50 PM

TransLand - A Nonbinary production. All trans, all the time.

The first rule of TransLand - ALWAYS talk about TransLand; never shut the fuck up with the TransBullShit! Complain about bathrooms and deadnames and 'living your truth,' ad nauseum. Screech on social-diseased media about how cruel the evil science-believers are to the downtrodden, but stunning and brave TransFolk.

Spread the word; tell the children - You are welcome in TransLand.

Come to TransLand! You can become one (or two or three) of us.

Biology be damned! It's totally your choice. That's the way life is in TransLand. It's all candy canes, Candy Crush, and Candy the Tranny (who bravely 'fired the first shot' against homophobia - remember? Don't worry, we won't let it be 'forgotten.')

Little Xis and little Zirs - Stop pretending you are Superman or Supergirl, and become one (or two or three) of us instead. It's so much fun. Trust us; you'll love it. You MtF TransLanders will be sooo happy with your neovagina made from your intestines and what will be left of your micro-penised skin. (It's all very scientific!)

Don't worry, little MtF'ers; you'll [probably, maybe] get used to the odor of penis-feces. It's just a natural body odor, anyway. And the boys will LOVE you, unless or when you don't want them to; everything will be as you want it to be. That's the beauty of TransLand - Fantasy over Reality is our national motto.

But we don't forget about women in TransLand. We put them in their place!

We help rid the world of evil Lesbians using pharmaceuticals from the wonderful Pharma people; and they're all scientists at Big Pharma, so don't listen to those people who call us TransLanders, "science deniers."

Don't worry about what the science liars say; they don't want to help you the way we want to help you. We care more about your little genitalia than anyone else ever could!

Plus, as an added bonus for being a valued TransLander (where there can't be only one) , you get to choose to use any bathroom or dressing room that you want!!!! SCORE!!

And it only costs you a normal, natural life to live in TransLand; but, the BATHROOMS, baby!

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2021 4:02 PM

Wow, another anti-trans post, where ONE person makes a request for accommodation, and the poster claims THE TRANS are all DEMANDING things ALL THE TIME.

by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2021 4:03 PM

The trans aren’t demanding things ALL of the time. The rest of the time it’s the non-binaries.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2021 4:08 PM

If a person in NY state can choose “non-binary” as their official sex on a state drivers license, they can demand a “non-binary” dressing room.

The state opened the door to all kinds of precedent. I don’t like it, but that’s what’s going to happen, and it’s probably legal.

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2021 4:10 PM

I read the complaint and all I have to say is that it/whatever comes across as one of those individuals that brings out the worst in others.

It’s always someone else at fault, they are never the problem. I hope this idiot is never hired again, no company deserves this much bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2021 4:12 PM

He probably hates the guy who offered him his own private dressing room. There's no satisfaction or real money in being appeased. The pro trans people are of course too stupid to see it. And of course they can't see this guy is nothing but an obese man in a bra.

by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2021 4:32 PM

Trans is a lie from the get-go.

by Anonymousreply 62October 14, 2021 4:55 PM

The poor person has had to listen to the claptrap that is HAMILTON eight times a week since 2017.

No wonder it lost its mind.

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2021 11:38 AM

I'm over the trans, let them perform in a circus where they belong!

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2021 2:57 PM

R61, you’re exactly right. Nothing will ever be good enough. Never enough.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2021 3:13 PM

Why is it that whenever a trans person is in a theatrical production it ends in tears and lawsuits?

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2021 3:25 PM

I think the trans are a lot like religious fundamentalists, they need everyone else to constantly validate what is essentially magical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2021 3:27 PM

What would a trans Karen be called?

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2021 4:12 PM

The HR nuisance.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2021 4:18 PM

One thing in defense of Suni Reid: they were verbally harassed by other cast members (I would guess male) besides being misgendered.

However looks like Suni put on a great deal of weight during quarantine lockdown and that could have been another reason the producers didn’t want to let him perform despite having a contract and then didn’t renew their contract. An ensemble performer who performs dance numbers needs to keep in physical condition. This issue of COVID-19 weight gain is a sensitive subject and has caused widespread controversy and heated discourse online. Internet image searches show that Suni was not always a great big person but is now.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2021 4:27 PM

The overweight Trans community are going to be furious.

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2021 4:29 PM

Is this that Man 6 guy or is there another crackpot roaming around the cast of that overhyped Rockettes in powdered-wigs-arama?

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote] One thing in defense of Suni Reid: they were verbally harassed by other cast members (I would guess male) besides being misgendered.

I somehow doubt this. Everyone in companies are walking on eggshells around each other, terrified to say the tiniest thing that could be misinterpreted. My guess is Fat Ass either exaggerated or straight up lied, or gave everyone such gobbeldygook about what it was on a daily basis that the company was baited into "misgendering."

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2021 7:19 PM

R73 is right. I have worked on over 20 Broadway shows, and I’m not aware of a single incident where the cast members ganged up on somebody. I mean, it’s not like high school.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2021 7:57 PM

I find it hard to believe this was written by a lawyer. It opens with a version of Hamilton's lyrics adapted to suit "Mx Reid"'s situation. The background section is written like it's for reality television, complete with a paragraph opening with "Mx. Reid was not going to throw away their shot". However, there's some interesting stuff about how toxic it seems the Hamilton companies are, which seems to back up what a poster here said about them a few months ago).

He was originally cast as Man Six, which is amusing as the other Hamilton attention seeker was also cast in that role. And I'm guessing by the time they cast Reid, the stage manager was getting a sense that the Men Six were drama queens:

[quote]In or around October 2017, at Mx. Reid’s first Hamilton onboarding call with Stage Manager Amber White, it quickly became clear that Hamilton might not offer the welcoming atmosphere one would expect. Instead of a warm welcome, Ms. White made it clear to Mx. Reid that “your role is cuttable, we can do the show without you.”

He accuses a bunch of cast members of making negative comments (he names only three of them (Neil Haskell, Roddy Kennedy, Andrew Chappelle) but says more made comments). He was told to act more male on stage, was called Miss Six backstage, and people would make fun of how he minced and when he wore dresses.

He complained when he was told not to wear nail varnish during the show, saying it was discrimination.

Apparently a lot of the Chicago cast would make comments about how the Schuyler sisters tits looked "too distracting" in their costumes.

Another cast member, Zelig Williams, told him to try to pray the gay away like he did. The next day Williams was "still agitated" and got into an altercation and pushed someone on stage. yet another cast member - Carvens Lissaint - defended Williams and said he too was praying with him.

The Chicago Aaron Burr - Akron Watson - threatened to attack him, because Reid put his hand on him - as directed. Other cast members told him Watson was always like that.

On the dressing room issue - Reid requests it when he's due to move to the LA production. It actually seems like they agree, though this turns out to be a curtained off part of the existing dressing rooms. At the same time, company management gets pissy about social media posts from Reid bitching about the show, accusing management of racism, etc. Reid paints this as revenge for requesting the gender neutral dressing room - which he insists wouldn't just be for him.

He then contacts the manager of the Pantages to try and work out what rooms are free and could be used for the dressing room - which pisses off management further. Broadway for Racial Justice gets involved and tries to take this directly to LMM, which obviously further pisses off LA management. The story ends with the gender-neutral dressing room in place, and them telling him he's done with Hamilton.

To back up his case, he refers to Daniel Belnavis - the one who posted his over-long whinings about how Hamilton didn't recognise his artistic genius, and a story about a cast member - Nyla Sostre - who complained that the wigs weren't styled by black people, and so took to styling her own wigs, and was fired. Not, perhaps, the best people to back up your claims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2021 8:04 PM

Ugh, I did type an introductory sentence but it seems to have gone - originally I posted this on the theatre thread. It's a "summary" of the complaint.

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2021 8:05 PM

As a performer aren't you expected to keep in shape unless you are playing a heavy set part? If you plan on going to go back on stage because it is your job covid doesn't seem like an excuse. It would be like a ballet dancer not being allowed on stage when they say I got fat and out of shape because of covid.

I think shows were better when producers, directors and choreographers were martinets. Not that you could be that way now. Robbins would be out on his ass in no time.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote]If you plan on going to go back on stage because it is your job covid doesn't seem like an excuse

The NYT did an article when Broadway announced plans to reopen about actors having put on weight over the pandemic and it caused a shitstorm of actors whining about fatphobia and calling it disrespectful. Entitled nepotism brat Kathryn Gallagher tweeted that audiences shouldn't expect actors to lose weight and new costumes would need to be sorted to accommodate weight gain. Because god knows the costume departments aren't overworked already or anything.

And of course, it begs the question, if you can't be bothered to get into shape for your job which is very much based on appearance (and want to cause other people extra work and cost), what else are you not bothering with? There was a cast member of Hamilton who said he told his family not to come see the show until a few months had passed so everyone could remember what they were doing - this despite the fact they're going through weeks of rehearsals before reopening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote]They are the most woke crowd ever...

This is why the Left can never get things done. Here we have probably the most 'woke' bunch on Broadway - and yet it's never good enough. Complainers and crybabies continue to bitch & whine and are never satisfied, until the 'good guys' are made out to be the 'bad guys.'

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2021 9:48 PM

Complainers, crybabies, and catamites

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2021 10:03 PM

He should have just asked for his own dressing room. "I'm uncomfortable dressing in front of others because of body issues; it stresses me out [or some other benign explanation]. If there's anyway I can get my own dressing room."

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2021 10:34 PM

They’re seriously complaining that cast called them “auntie” and “Miss Six” when they showed up to work in a dress and “presented as a gay man on stage.”

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2021 10:41 PM

How old is that Kathryn Gallagher chick, and why does anyone care what she says? She also has only 20k Twitter followers, which is nothing for a blue checkmark account.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote] How I weep for how they has suffered. It really makes me check my privilege

You should, "Darfur Orphan" r52.

Your first identity 1) cis is the vile systemic oppressor class, with non-cis blood on your hand, responsible for all the murders, sufferings and oppression of trannies, non-binaries, genderfluids, genderqueers, genderless. Then you're most likely 2) het.

The worst combination responsible for all the world's violence and oppression: CIS HETS

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2021 1:30 AM

Hamilton is a shit storm.

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2021 1:34 AM

But, I'm Black, R84, and I feel my privilege is checked in that regard. And, I'm poverty stricken.

Also, while I initially thought I was hetero, I think I'd have sex with anyone for food. You're privileged for being able to base your sex life and sexuality on love and lust, not food.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2021 1:38 AM

Another autistic moron.

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2021 1:44 AM

Don’t casting directors sense a troublemaker in auditions? Or are they just under pressure to hire a non-binary or trans actor?

It seems like Broadway hires more than its fair share of troubled people. Especially divas who haven’t proved their talent. It’s one thing to be Batshit Betty Buckley making demands. It’s a whole other story when it’s a no name chorus member.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2021 1:51 AM

Audiences should do the same. It's such an over praised, over hyped and over priced mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote] He should have just asked for his own dressing room. "I'm uncomfortable dressing in front of others because of body issues; it stresses me out

r81 Lots of normal people have body issues and dressing in front of others stress them out. Do they (esp. no name or ensemble performers) have the same right as this no name ensemble trans?

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote] Why is it that whenever a trans person is in a theatrical production it ends in tears and lawsuits?

r66. Nothing new and not only in theater but everywhere they're involved. ... TV show 'Transparent' in 2017

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2021 2:11 AM

R88 Well, in this case, he wasn't out as non-binary when he was cast, so it wasn't that which led to him getting the part.

I really do encourage people to read the complaint - not all of it, but the opening part, up to him getting cast. It's the background part and you can tell his ego is out of control.

[quote]Mx. Reid fulfilled the ambitions of their mentor from that middle school performance in Annie when Mx. Reid was admitted (got an offer on the spot at the audition, which Mx. Reid accepted on the spot)

Because it's oh-so-important that the fact it was on the spot be in the complaint!

[quote]Mx. Reid was not going to throw away their shot, and preparation for the Hamilton auditions bled over into other aspects of life. Mx. Reid’s coworkers at Lululemon would joke about how sick they were of Hamilton because Mx. Reid would play it repeatedly over the store’s speakers in order to use every available minute to learn the show as well as possible

Who wants to tell him they weren't joking?

Now this part really interests me:

[quote]Finally, on October 13, 2017, Mx. Reid got a call from their manager, who told them that the Company wanted Mx. Reid to play the role of “Man 6” on Broadway the following Wednesday, just five days later.

Is that normal for someone to go from auditions to on stage in five days?

[quote]That day, Mx. Reid quit all four of the jobs they were working at the time. Mx. Reid felt like a child who had just won a golden ticket and was getting to enter Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory—going from an enchanted fan to a member of the cast in two years, and only months removed from college graduation.

He's beyond tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2021 2:26 AM

R90, I'm not saying he has the "right" to his own dressing room - at all. I was just saying if it was THAT important to him, he could have just asked and given an everyday reason and saw if he got any traction. Most people wouldn't do it because they'd understand that minor discomforts don't warrant such an accommodation.

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2021 2:34 AM

Ha, he's dating a white guy. Every damn time.

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2021 2:40 AM

[quote] Mx. Reid’s coworkers at Lululemon would joke about how sick they were of Hamilton because Mx. Reid would play it repeatedly over the store’s speakers in order to use every available minute to learn the show as well as possible

They sounds like a bully. “We’re doing what I want or you’ll regret it.” I wonder if Mx. Reid said that his co-workers laughed but that they were really immigrant cleaners who didn’t want to rock the boat.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2021 2:41 AM

Ohmygawd! This tranny person is so MENTALLY ILL!

See? Lin-Manuel Miranda and the whole Broadway Wokerazi thought they'd show all of us how truly enlightened they are by hiring someone suffering from severe gender dysmorphic disorder, on top of their Borderline Personality Disorder, and then force them to be a worker among workers in a challenging job. Boy that sure came back to bite them in the ass x100, huh?

What they've really done is expose the disruptive, toxic reality of the Gender Identity Movement in total. NO ONE should hire these very damaged, mentally ill people unless you want to destroy your brand and wreck your balance sheet dealing with their crazy lawsuits!

In a year everyone will have learned, NEVER HIRE the TRANS!!!

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote]Why he dress like Aunt Jemima?

You mean Aunt Jemimx!

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2021 2:44 AM

You mean just Jemimx. "Aunt" is gendering you monster.

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2021 2:50 AM

Yes let the trannies attack the orgs and sectors in their Venn Diagram that might be sympathetic or allies -- so more and more can turn on them.

Smarties!

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2021 2:53 AM

This guy/person was an understudy, not a regular performer. He was lucky to have the gig in the first place. The production offered to section off part of the dressing room, but that wasn’t good enough for this special snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2021 2:55 AM

So he did this interview earlier this year. At 8mins in he talks about going back to Hamilton and literally says "I'm not who you hired" because of the nonbinary stuff, but also because he put on a load of weight and is making no effort to lose it.

He also described himself as looking like an auntie. And that just happened to be one of the "insults" he claimed people called him. Hmm.

Also talks about his white boyfriend and saying how he (the boyfriend) often says the wrong thing because he's white, and even has white supremacy within him (so why not dump him then?)

He also talks about going to a barber shop - his hair is buzzed. You don't need to go to a barber shop for that, much less a specifically black barber shop.

Whines about Hamilton not putting out a tweet about BLM for several days. Oh gee, could that have anything to do with the productions being shut down and no-one working the show?

Also, for a fatty he has basically no ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote]...and a story about a cast member - Nyla Sostre - who complained that the wigs weren't styled by black people, and so took to styling her own wigs, and was fired.

Yet nary a word about how the entire cast is committing WHITEFACE by portraying caucasian characters in the first place!

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2021 3:02 AM

They'd have to have white make up on for it to be "whiteface"

by Anonymousreply 103October 16, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote] They is obese and ugly. No gender wants to see that thing naked ffs

r46 Aren't these what the progressives nowadays push for as "beautiful and stunning": [bold]Obese and Ugly[/bold] (along with Trans), shouting their latest buzzword 'Fatphobia' along with the usual Tphobia, NBphobia, LGBTQIA+phobia?

by Anonymousreply 104October 16, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] He should have just asked for his own dressing room. "I'm uncomfortable dressing in front of others because of body issues; it stresses me out [or some other benign explanation]. If there's anyway I can get my own dressing room."

Isn’t that exactly what he did?

by Anonymousreply 105October 16, 2021 4:25 AM

[quote]They'd have to have white make up on for it to be "whiteface"

Not really. Playing the Jewish Midge Maisel, Rachel Brosnahan, without any sort of makeup, is repeatedly attacked for appearing in "Jewface"!

So like that I guess.

by Anonymousreply 106October 16, 2021 4:27 AM

The dressing room issue is overplayed. They arranged a nonbinary dressing room and said one would be provided for at all Hamilton productions.

Reid is the one claiming he was fired because of it. However, there's the fact he was publicly critical of the show and its producers over BLM, and also the fact he gained significant weight over lockdown and has decided he won't try to lose it because he needs to love himself as a fat person, or something like that.

Reid claims the anger about the social media posts was made up as a cover up to get revenge for him asking for the dressing room. So that's his spin for this claim. Not necessarily the truth.

by Anonymousreply 107October 16, 2021 4:32 AM

r25, yer right. Understudy/ensemble straight up wants a private dressing room. One with the girls not good nor is one with the boy. SOooooo, I guess a private one is needed.

by Anonymousreply 108October 16, 2021 4:40 AM

[quote]They arranged a nonbinary dressing room and said one would be provided for at all Hamilton productions.

I guess they've learned NOTHING FROM THIS!

There is no such thing as "non-binary"! For Christ's sake, look between your legs, there's your binary!!!

by Anonymousreply 109October 16, 2021 5:07 AM

How does one pronounce the word “Mx.”?

Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 110October 16, 2021 5:33 AM

I do not want to see their shenis.

by Anonymousreply 111October 16, 2021 6:05 AM

You pronounce it like Mix but without the i.

by Anonymousreply 112October 16, 2021 8:47 AM

[quote] I guess they've learned NOTHING FROM THIS! There is no such thing as "non-binary"! For Christ's sake, look between your legs, there's your binary!!!

Your genitalia does not determine your sex. Have YOU learned nothing from this?

by Anonymousreply 113October 16, 2021 8:48 AM

R113, there are only two sexes, male and female, and our genitalia, of which there are only two types in accordance with the two sexes, are markers of our sex. Saying one is "non-binary" is self-centred claptrap that means nothing, and it certainly has nothing to do with one's sex

I'm not sure if r113 is being stupid or sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 114October 16, 2021 9:08 AM

[quote] [R113], there are only two sexes, male and female, and our genitalia, of which there are only two types in accordance with the two sexes, are markers of our sex.

False, Turf. Our genitalia are a spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 115October 16, 2021 9:20 AM

Oh. So the Trans community is going to take down Hamilton like they took down that evil JK Rowling and her Harry Potter empire?

by Anonymousreply 116October 16, 2021 9:23 AM

Has the New York Times published an editorial about how this individual is stunning and brave and and how Hamilton has lost its glow yet?

by Anonymousreply 117October 16, 2021 9:31 AM

I can only imagine the outrage if and when a remake of Hedwig is mounted

by Anonymousreply 118October 16, 2021 11:27 AM

Every single fucking thread vaguely related to trans immediatly goes to shit because of all the rightoid astroturfers and the ugly fraus that enable them.

Good, you did the joke for the 827372th time, go look for daddy, I'm sure hes back already. You did it champ, your family is proud of you now.

by Anonymousreply 119October 16, 2021 12:12 PM

[quote] How does one pronounce the word “Mx.”?

Micksh.

by Anonymousreply 120October 16, 2021 12:40 PM

[quote] How does one pronounce the word “Mx.”?

"Mental"

by Anonymousreply 121October 16, 2021 12:58 PM

Shut the fuck up r119 this is Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 122October 16, 2021 12:58 PM

"I can only imagine the outrage if and when a remake of Hedwig is mounted"

They'd bring in Eve Ensler as a "consultant" for rewriting the whole thing, then fire Ensler for having a vagina, then hire Alok Vaid-Menon to replace her, and then write a seven-post Twitter apology.

by Anonymousreply 123October 16, 2021 1:44 PM

This dude is not a team player.

by Anonymousreply 124October 16, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote] Nothing new and not only in theater but everywhere they're involved. ... TV show 'Transparent' in 2017

What was the story with the trans “act-RESS” on that show, in a nutshell? I know which person you’re referring to, and I’ve heard she’s crazy, but what went down exactly?

by Anonymousreply 125October 16, 2021 4:24 PM

R118 Oh you don't need to wait. It happened in Australia, and even led to Trask and Mitchell pointing out the obvious fact that Hedwig is not a trans role. Despite this, it was still cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2021 4:44 PM

That's disgusting, r126. People - especially gay people - really need to start taking a stand against this shit.

by Anonymousreply 127October 16, 2021 4:50 PM

This is what happens when you keep indulging people with mental illness. It never ends.

by Anonymousreply 128October 16, 2021 5:03 PM

Daya Czepanski Isn’t exactly an experience theater pro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 16, 2021 7:27 PM

The spectrum of a penis is teeny tiny button to terrifying donkey dong. I haven' had enough experiences with vaginas to know their spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2021 8:27 PM

No, you dumbass. The spectrum of genitalia goes from penis to vagina or Visa versatile.

by Anonymousreply 131October 16, 2021 8:33 PM

Do try reading what R130 actually typed not what you want to imagine

by Anonymousreply 132October 16, 2021 8:42 PM

It’s your funeral, butterball.

by Anonymousreply 133October 16, 2021 9:07 PM

When will the trans learn that 99% of the population doesn't care about their "issues" and all they are doing with their sreeching and ranting is making the remaining1% turn against them too.

by Anonymousreply 134October 16, 2021 9:24 PM

Wait, did that Daya story say she started her career by playing a Japanese girl? And she’s complaining about cis men playing Hedwig? Talk about cultural appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 135October 16, 2021 10:53 PM

Who are they NOT warring with?!

by Anonymousreply 136October 16, 2021 11:40 PM

When he was in high school, did this asshole demand his own private locker room?

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2021 3:55 PM

The truth is their contract was not renewed because of the complaints they made. No employer wants to work with someone publicly critical, right or not. Little Mix should have kept the legal issue to retaliation for discrimination or accommodation and not bored the court with their lululemon origin story and pearl-clutching at remarks gay people say to each other all the time, miss thing.

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote]When will the trans learn that 99% of the population doesn't care about their "issues" and all they are doing with their screeching and ranting is making the remaining1% turn against them too.

They won't learn until it's too late, or maybe not even then. Some would say it's already too late, and most of the remaining 1% have ALREADY turned against them.

by Anonymousreply 139October 17, 2021 4:11 PM

Just imagine this bitch serving in the Army.

by Anonymousreply 140October 17, 2021 4:42 PM

I think this person is hoping for a big payout. It’s a dangerous game they play. File a lawsuit and hope they will settle quietly for a large amount. But the Hamilton team will very quickly slap this person with a gag order.

However, this person will be worse off in 10 years than if they had kept their mouth shut and worked the Hamilton ensemble. If this person gets a big payout from Hamilton, their evident messy lifestyle will ensure they don’t hold on to that money. I predict chronic unemployment and living on welfare.

by Anonymousreply 141October 17, 2021 4:44 PM

Trannies will BE the fall of the American civilization and empire.

by Anonymousreply 142October 17, 2021 4:52 PM

The video up thread publicly shows puff-n-stuff stripping, blobs and all, down to a bra and underwear for the entire world to see, but it's demanding a non binary, dressing room so nobody can watch they strip down and get into costume??

by Anonymousreply 143October 17, 2021 5:26 PM

R143, it's all about extreme narcissism (and mental illness) being displayed in various ways, even if they are contradictory.

by Anonymousreply 144October 17, 2021 5:33 PM

"When will the trans learn that 99% of the population doesn't care about their "issues" and all they are doing with their sreeching and ranting is making the remaining1% turn against them too. "

While I think trans are often ridiculous, you really think this is the standard that marginalized groups should go by - don't speak up unless the majority of the population cares about their issues? When has any movement ever faced a welcoming majority?

by Anonymousreply 145October 17, 2021 10:47 PM

R143 I was thinking the exact same thing. Miss Exhibitionist wants privacy.

by Anonymousreply 146October 17, 2021 10:54 PM

The point, r145, is that the trans aren't a movement - they've simply piggybacked on and colonised the gay movement - and the problem with them is not that they are speaking up on an issue that the majority doesn't care about, but that their demands are for the majority to change everything it knows and has ever known in order to cater for them, despite the fact that they are a tiny, tiny minority and their demands are batshit crazy.

Demanding your own changing room just for you, trying to change language so women are no longer called women but "people with vaginas" or demanding that biological men should participate in women's sports is not going to get them much sympathy for their more legitimate demands - if they have any legitimate demands.

by Anonymousreply 147October 17, 2021 10:58 PM

R147 the problem is astoundingly many people are bending to their will. And some people who I knew as strong feminists are bending as well. It's invasion of the body snatchers.

by Anonymousreply 148October 17, 2021 11:27 PM

It's one thing to deal with a stage manager who has a million other things to do and it's another thing to deal with the producers and their lawyers......

by Anonymousreply 149October 17, 2021 11:31 PM

"And some people who I knew as strong feminists are bending as well."

Oh, don't get me started on how much respect I've lost for friends who take any opportunity on social media to perform libfemmery. A few days ago, one posted a meme of that hideous, new Pride flag that said, "Be careful who you hate; it might be someone you love." Well, how are they NOT seeing the hatred for women and gay people that I'm seeing?

by Anonymousreply 150October 18, 2021 12:36 AM

FINALLY the insufferable Trans get something right!

by Anonymousreply 151October 18, 2021 12:43 AM

A lot of trans people love Hedwig but mistakenly believe she's supposed to be a trans character but Hedwig wasn't trans by CHOICE...it was forced on them by the mom and boyfriend so they could leave East Germany.

Hedwig is ANGRY about the inch.

by Anonymousreply 152October 18, 2021 5:04 AM

Am I looking at the picture in OP's article wrong or are they really talking about the GIANT FUCKING MAN standing in the back, second from the left?

by Anonymousreply 153October 18, 2021 5:24 AM

[quote]Am I looking at the picture in OP's article wrong or are they really talking about the GIANT FUCKING MAN standing in the back, second from the left?

Don't make me say it!

by Anonymousreply 154October 18, 2021 6:53 AM

[quote]In a year everyone will have learned, NEVER HIRE the TRANS!!!

But see, the problem isn't "the Trans." It's the attention whores who have clung on to the trans and who are (yes, believe it or not) riding on the trans' coattails. I'm sorry, but I cry bullshit on 'non-binary' and 'gender queer' and 'gender non conforming.' These aren't real things. These are millennials and gen z adolescents who want to feel 'special' and whose eyes widen at the tag 'non conformist'. They're like (but way worse than) boomer & gen x 'college lesbians' who just wanted to fit in with the 'misfit' crowd. Twenty years from now, the female ones will be married with kids and the male ones will settle down with their gay husbands after realizing that 'just' gay is an OK thing to be.

Trans is a total different deal, and is a REAL deal. Their struggle is real. Their lives are at risk. They are still being beaten and murdered. Their gender issues are real issues. They are finally gaining a modicum of acceptance in society, but still have a rough road ahead. They have fought and bled and died for their standing.

These 'non-binary' kids are self-centered, over-helicoptered opportunists and are doing the real Trans community serious harm.

by Anonymousreply 155October 18, 2021 7:08 AM

Dear lord I want so much to hear from management and the "offending" cast members. I'd love to hear the actual truth.

by Anonymousreply 156October 18, 2021 7:48 AM

[quote] Am I looking at the picture in OP's article wrong or are they really talking about the GIANT FUCKING MAN standing in the back, second from the left?

Why are you still purposely misgendering him when you know what brought on the suit in the first place? You’re doing to him exactly what the Hamilton producers did.

by Anonymousreply 157October 18, 2021 8:00 AM

People have eyes

by Anonymousreply 158October 18, 2021 9:17 AM

Well, maybe they shouldn’t. What good are eyes if they’re just deceive them? Eyes can’t see into the heart of real genders.

by Anonymousreply 159October 18, 2021 9:24 AM

Trannys are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 160October 18, 2021 9:53 AM

[quote] Why are you still purposely misgendering him …

You just did, too. Know why? Because he’s a man.

by Anonymousreply 161October 18, 2021 11:01 AM

[quote] Trans is a total different deal, and is a REAL deal. Their struggle is real. Their lives are at risk. They are still being beaten and murdered. Their gender issues are real issues. They are finally gaining a modicum of acceptance in society, but still have a rough road ahead. They have fought and bled and died for their standing.

You lost me after the first sentence because the majority of trans these days are either exactly how you described and derided non-binary and genderqueer people- "attention whores who have clung on to the [real] trans and who are (yes, believe it or not) riding on the trans' coattails. These are millennials and gen z adolescents who want to feel 'special' and whose eyes widen at the tag 'non conformist'. They're like (but way worse than) boomer & gen x 'college lesbians' who just wanted to fit in with the 'misfit' crowd."

Or worse, they're confused kids who are likely gay but who are being pushed by society into going on puberty blockers because they exhibit "opposite sex" behavioral traits.

Modern trans is as much of a bullshit concept as the ones you've mentioned. Yet they've managed to get a toehold on the nation's sympathy and outrage at the expense of women and gay people.

by Anonymousreply 162October 18, 2021 11:53 AM

These are the people leading every mainstream and alternative "gay" lgbTQ+ organization, as well as every advocacy group within corporations and newsrooms.

by Anonymousreply 163October 18, 2021 12:18 PM

R162 is correct. Real trans people quietly do their transitioning and go about their lives. You might know one of them without knowing that the person is trans.

What's going on today is narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 164October 18, 2021 12:44 PM

I'm sure you'd still be aware that they might be trans r164, but real trans don't pretend they're the opposite sex. They know they're not and never will be, but living that way just makes life more survivable for them. No one has a problem with that. It's the gender woo that's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 165October 18, 2021 1:11 PM

Although I haven’t the empirical data, methinks that a huge percentage of the trans-folk are, in fact, mental ill. Period. The End.

by Anonymousreply 166October 18, 2021 7:17 PM

R164, yes, I did work with a trans woman back in 1990, and had no idea for a few months until the boss’s secretary mentioned something about it. She totally passed. She came in and did her job quietly without any drama or attention-seeking behaviors, didn’t socialize much but was very genteel and sweet in interactions. She was East Asian and wore lots of black. There was another gender-nonconforming person who used both a male and female-ish name; I’m not sure what he was doing there. He was very flamboyant and funny, also very sweet.

When I get mad at the trans nonsense, I think about her and try to keep in mind that there are people like my former coworkers out there who would be hurt by the hate and they don’t deserve that. It was a liberal workplace, but neither of them made a fuss about bathrooms or pronouns. They did their jobs and didn’t ask for anything more than anyone else had.

by Anonymousreply 167October 19, 2021 12:35 AM

[quote]but Hedwig wasn't trans by CHOICE...it was forced on them by the mom and boyfriend so they could leave East Germany.

A gay man forced to transition and live as a woman - of course the trans brigade love it.

by Anonymousreply 168October 19, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote]They are still being beaten and murdered.

The figures on trans murder are insanely inflated. If I recall correctly it was just 47 last year, meanwhile thousands upon thousands of actual women. Yet there is a huge push to let penised people into women's spaces.

by Anonymousreply 169October 19, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote] But see, the problem isn't "the Trans." It's the attention whores who have clung on to the trans and who are (yes, believe it or not) riding on the trans' coattails. I'm sorry, but I cry bullshit on 'non-binary' and 'gender queer' and 'gender non conforming.' These aren't real things. These are millennials and gen z adolescents who want to feel 'special' and whose eyes widen at the tag 'non conformist'.

This is very true. There is no reason to take “non-binary” seriously in their declarations about their gender. You are 100% correct there.

They are different from the truly dysphoric people who fixate on their bodies/genitalia and feel extreme discomfort. Those people are rare—rarer than the Trans movement and the media and the HRC, ACLU et al. would have people believe. But:

[quote] Their lives are at risk. They are still being beaten and murdered.

When you say that, be aware that trans people are not really at risk any more than women are, generally. Most of them work as prostitutes, which as a profession is just as dangerous to biological females as it is to trans people, if not more so. There is no epidemic of trans people facing hate-motivated violent crime. Whatever beatings and murders you’re referring to, there isn’t really anything society can do to stop those, just like there isn’t really anything society can do to keep biological women from being beaten and murdered.

It’s sad, but … welcome to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 170October 19, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote]But see, the problem isn't "the Trans." It's the attention whores who have clung on to the trans and who are (yes, believe it or not) riding on the trans' coattails.

There are absolutely trans attention-seekers. And talking about riding coattails - that's exactly what the trans have done to gay men and lesbians.

Remember how when the whole thing started, when it was actual normal trans people, all that was wanted was the rights to transition and then live peacefully as who they are. And then the attention-seekers showed up and turned it into a cult. The sickening thing is when the backlash grows, those same attention-seekers will move onto the next fashionable thing, and leave the actual trans people fucked over.

by Anonymousreply 171October 19, 2021 4:38 AM

It needs help

by Anonymousreply 172October 19, 2021 7:11 AM

[quote]The sickening thing is when the backlash grows, those same attention-seekers will move onto the next fashionable thing, and leave the actual trans people fucked over.

I fear you may be right about that. It's all very sad, infuriating, and frightening.

by Anonymousreply 173October 19, 2021 2:22 PM

R173 This will certainly occur, however you cannot ignore that some trans are absolutely militant in their beliefs and do not care who they hurt or trample over.

by Anonymousreply 174October 19, 2021 6:53 PM

That was my very point, R171

by Anonymousreply 175October 19, 2021 7:29 PM

R175 In that case I apologise, my reading of your post was you were saying the only attention-seekers were the non-binary types.

by Anonymousreply 176October 19, 2021 8:04 PM

No, not the only attention seekers, of course - but that's true for every subgroup within the LGBTblahblahblah+ of 'us,' isn't it? But the fake trans (non-binary, gender queer and gender non-conforming) are definitely making the 'advances' that the real trans community has been making over the years a hell of a lot harder (if not actually reversing). ALL of our roads are tough and sometimes because of members of our own ilk.

by Anonymousreply 177October 20, 2021 9:56 AM

They is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 178October 20, 2021 10:02 AM

[quote]But the fake trans (non-binary, gender queer and gender non-conforming)

Okay, so this is what I took from your original post. But there are obviously also fake trans who call themselves trans. Like the ones who make their claim to be trans their entire personality - and yet have no intention of getting surgery, etc. And they seem to be the loudest over trying to police language, threaten and silence others, etc.

I've always thought the non-binary genderfluid types were just cowards, to be honest. Not willing to fight the battle against gender norms. Which is really annoying as that battle was underway and progress was being made. And then suddenly, all these allegedly-liberals who want to defend and enforce the norms.

It wasn't that long ago that the left was (rightly) mocking the religious right for ignoring science in favour of emotion and belief. And now...

by Anonymousreply 179October 20, 2021 11:07 AM

How many costume changes does this fat fuck even have?

by Anonymousreply 180October 21, 2021 12:25 PM

Only one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 22, 2021 8:51 AM

If self ID is the criterion there is no way to tell who is being sincere. If there is a "false trans" problem then the criterion has to be changed to weed them out.

by Anonymousreply 182October 22, 2021 9:57 AM

The trans declare war on everything. Put a man in a dress or bra and panties and you've got the worst of both sexes combined into a politically privileged testosterone fueled viper.

by Anonymousreply 183October 23, 2021 3:37 PM

A man in a bra and panties is still 100% a man, r183. There is nothing female about him.

by Anonymousreply 184October 23, 2021 3:47 PM

Also, women are not "vipers".

by Anonymousreply 185October 23, 2021 3:48 PM

And not all men are not politically privileged and testosterone fueled.

by Anonymousreply 186October 23, 2021 4:01 PM

'And not all men are politically privileged and testosterone fueled' I meant to say.

by Anonymousreply 187October 23, 2021 4:05 PM

Of course not r187, but that's how you described men and you sound like a man.

by Anonymousreply 188October 23, 2021 9:33 PM

I'm a white, male theatre director who now can't get ANY work. Every gig or theatre admin job I try to land ends up going to a BIPOC, female or 'trans' candidate. Every single one. I understand that I have had 'white privilege" - but how much privilege if I was just barely getting by to begin with? (I'm a very good director, but my career has been less than privileged, as getting work has always been a difficult and always required tremendous work & effort. Now it is simply impossible to get hired).

I think I'm going to get a buzz cut, dye my hair yellow & green, powder my face, wear a long dangling earring (or get a nose ring) - and start passing myself off as non-binary. I'll probably get tons of work.

by Anonymousreply 189October 23, 2021 10:27 PM

R189 - I feel for you.

The sad part is that all this diversity hiring is not producing better theatre. It's turning into artless propaganda and virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 190October 24, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote]I'm a white, male theatre director who now can't get ANY work. Every gig or theatre admin job I try to land ends up going to a BIPOC, female or 'trans' candidate. Every single one.

Welcome to the world that non-whites and women have been living in forever.

Really, you don't even see it, do you? Maybe this will finally teach white males to be able to see the world from other people's perspectives since they've only ever lived in a world where they, by mere fact of being born white and male, were given every opportunity and seen as the standard while everyone else was "other". Oh to be a mediocre white guy and have the world fall at your feet.

(I can hear the "but I've had it rough" and "I've worked hard and earned everything I've ever gotten" whining starting already. Yep, so have the rest of us but without the gift of being a mediocre white man to pad our way in the world.)

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2021 1:45 PM

"Welcome to the world that non-whites and women have been living in forever."

Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2021 1:49 PM

R192 types that in a world where 90% of CEOs are white males. Like I said, completely unable to see beyond their white maleness.

(The first graph in the article is literally titled 'White Men and Everyone Else'.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2021 1:57 PM

72% of the population is white.

by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2021 2:03 PM

And, R194, only 49% of that 72% is male yet they still make up 90% of the CEOs (and other positions of influence and power across the country). By all rights, they should make up 35% of people in positions of power by demographic characteristics alone. The other 55% is due to the pure privilege of being white and male.

Read the last paragraph of the article I linked to at R193. Even the women getting the few CEO positions they are getting get them because they "fit the mold", the mold being that they are, in many characteristics of their lives, close to the white male standard in things like privileged upbringing, children with their spouse taking care of them, and former athletes.

by Anonymousreply 195October 24, 2021 2:11 PM

R191 likes to skew things his/her way so they can continue playing the poor, put upon victim.

by Anonymousreply 196October 24, 2021 2:12 PM

I like having white men in leadership positions. They usually do a good job.

by Anonymousreply 197October 24, 2021 2:16 PM

R196, they're simple numbers. (But, way to prove my point by bringing the white male whining.)

R197, what the fuck world are you living? Might want to look around outside the bubble once in a while. (And, thanks for proving my point about white men not being able to see things from anyone else's perspectives.)

by Anonymousreply 198October 24, 2021 2:18 PM

Wow. There's some unhinged non-white people on here.

Live and let live, dude.

by Anonymousreply 199October 24, 2021 2:21 PM

You only just noticed NOW, R199?

by Anonymousreply 200October 24, 2021 2:22 PM

The obtuseness of the white male as proven by some of these last posts is astonishing, but not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 201October 24, 2021 2:27 PM

Unless all roles are played by non-binary-leaning women of color, any future production of 12 Angry Men is literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 202October 24, 2021 2:32 PM

yelling 'TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN' is like the equivalent of me yelling, "MY HYUNDAI IS A LEXUS!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 24, 2021 2:37 PM

R203 - This is the ultimate LARP cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 204October 24, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]Welcome to the world that non-whites and women have been living in forever.

In the theater, in terms of actors, that has not been true for quite a long time in terms of actors. And as for the disparity in some other areas -- directors, producers, playwrights, etc. -- I refuse to believe that significant numbers of POCs in those areas were passed over for jobs because of their color. Rather, I think that all to has to do with the fact that, for very complex reasons, comparatively few POCs have tried to excel in those areas.

I'm sure that last statement will make a lot of people start screaming, but I really believe it's true. If, for example, there were all these young black people who wanted to direct shows (not just "black shows") that have the potential for success in the commercial theater, AND if the people in question had the proper education and training to start on that career, I just can't believe that they would be shunted aside because producers said, "We don't want to hire them because they're not white." So then we have to ask ourselves WHY there are so relatively few POCs with the proper education and training in these areas, and that's where the reasons start to become more and more complicated.

by Anonymousreply 205October 24, 2021 8:11 PM

You're a white male, aren't you R205? Just can't imagine that a qualified black person or a woman would be passed over? Just can't even imagine it. It happens every day and has happened throughtout all of history all around you. Look at all the studies about responses to random resumes sent out only with the black sounding or female name attached. Guess who gets the interviews. The white males.

People hire people like themselves and, until now, it's been white males making those final hiring decisions. As more and more minorities and women get into the more powerful hiring roles, more and more of those mediocre white males who have gotten their jobs and promotions handed to them will see that dwindle away more and more. You all might actually have to work more for things now. Let's all weep or the mediocre white males who now have to compete on a still slanted toward them but somewhat leveling field.

by Anonymousreply 206October 24, 2021 8:24 PM

Meanwhile, black kids with mediocre grades get accepted into colleges at rates higher than white kids with better grades.

Black people are totally milking it at this point.

by Anonymousreply 207October 24, 2021 8:27 PM

Ah, another whiny white male heard from at R207. "Wahwahwah, stop leveling the playing field!"

by Anonymousreply 208October 24, 2021 8:30 PM

I'm all for opportunities for blacks. But when they get the jobs, who does the math part for them?

by Anonymousreply 209October 24, 2021 8:36 PM

Ooh, white male racist at R209. Doesn't take them long to get to blatant racist, does it?

by Anonymousreply 210October 24, 2021 8:39 PM

Most white people don't think about black people that much. But they wish them no ill will.

by Anonymousreply 211October 24, 2021 8:42 PM

R206 you keep repeating the tired talking point of "mediocre white males" but what about all the mediocrity being infused into every workplace now, with people being hired solely based on race and gender?

by Anonymousreply 212October 24, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]You're a white male, aren't you [R205]? Just can't imagine that a qualified black person or a woman would be passed over? Just can't even imagine it.

Yes, the honest truth is that I can't imagine this has happened to any great extent IN THE THEATRE. And that is what we're talking about here. So now all these SJWs are railing and screaming about lack of representation in the theatre, an arena where there has been far greater progress than in so many other arenas of life, and the result is that their former allies are beginning to turn against them because of their highly confrontational attitude, the institution of quotas, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 213October 24, 2021 9:05 PM

The "down with whitey" troll could not be more boring. If this is the best you have, then you likely haven't been passed over because of race. You're a flop.

by Anonymousreply 214October 25, 2021 12:18 AM

Sorry, R191 (and purveyor multiple other replies), but R205 is right - that dynamic isn't nearly as rampant in the theatre as in other industries and workplaces. I have been on both sides of the table and have NEVER heard of an actor, a director, a play selection, etc., being rejected or passed over or 'not even considered' due to sex, race, orientation - EVER. That is, not until recently, when it is the white cis male that has been flat out not considered. A recent rejection letter actually stated "we are only looking to hire women or people of color at this time." And sure, there is to be an expected amount of leveling the playing field right now, but if I were less understanding I could easily have shown that letter to a lawyer and have caused significant trouble for that theatre.

But in my 36 years in the professional theatre, a considerable (if not predominant) number of theatres that I have worked for have been run by women and people of color: Molly Smith, Diane Paulus, George Wolfe, Kenny Leon, Jill Charles, Joseph Haj, Susan Booth, Lou Bellamy - so many others. No, not the majority and sadly, not enough African American women as artistic directors, but the theatre has always been an open and diverse workplace. So fuck you and your " You don't even see it don't you"

by Anonymousreply 215October 25, 2021 12:31 AM

My sister is a pretty successful actress - she is always saying the issue with women being hired is ageism. There are always roles for women but once you hit 40, there's nothing really until you look like a granny, even in theatre. Especially with commercials and tv - after she hit 35 she was playing mothers of adult men. She's a drama teacher now waiting til she ages and can get work again.

I think ageism is definitely what affects women in all facets of acting work.

by Anonymousreply 216October 25, 2021 12:48 AM

Look at Caissie Levy. Four years ago she was playing a Disney princess in Frozen, now she's in Caroline, or Change playing the mother of a tween. Next stop... camp.

by Anonymousreply 217October 25, 2021 12:56 AM

I love it when the mediocre white men (which I keep using because those are the people who have benefited from everything for centuries) explain to us women and various minorities why we are definitely not discriminated against because they just haven't seen it. Go look up all the hiring percentages in any industry. Go look up all the studies that refute your claims of lack of hiring bias, especially at higher echelons of all industries. Like I also said above, you are blind to it because you can be. Lucky you. Times are changing and you all don't seem to be the best at evolving, so you are going to have to work at it.

by Anonymousreply 218October 25, 2021 3:02 AM

You seem to be the one who needs convincing, R218, because you won't shut up about it even though no one agrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 219October 25, 2021 4:13 AM

[quote]A recent rejection letter actually stated "we are only looking to hire women or people of color at this time." And sure, there is to be an expected amount of leveling the playing field right now, but if I were less understanding I could easily have shown that letter to a lawyer and have caused significant trouble for that theatre.

That's what I've been saying. This quota bullshit has GOT to be completely illegal. I'm waiting for the first inevitable lawsuit challenging it. I'll be REALLY interested to see what happens with that.

by Anonymousreply 220October 25, 2021 4:21 AM

I agree with all the gender they them we etc……. What I HATE is the use of the term binary —- not for its intended meaning BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF ALGEBRA WHICH I HATED and the teacher I hated more …. Saying shit like binomial and trinomial ….. can’t you guys create a separate word devoid of post traumatic algebraic references

by Anonymousreply 221October 25, 2021 4:45 AM

R219, whatever will I do without the mediocre white males agreeing with me? Nice that you pulled out the oldie but goodie of a mediocre white man telling a woman to shut up. You sound like a Trumper. I'm the only one who has provided actual data and links. Everyone else is pulling the Trumper crap of "well, I haven't seen it, so..." or "never happened" even when the data and everything else in the real world refutes them. In other words, typical mediocre white male shit that we all see every single day.

by Anonymousreply 222October 25, 2021 5:28 AM

Something tells me someone calling everyone "mediocre" is, in fact, mediocre themselves.

by Anonymousreply 223October 25, 2021 5:30 AM

R218 You lost everyone at woman.

by Anonymousreply 224October 25, 2021 5:39 AM

Mediocre white men are also seemingly really bad at not posting posts that perfectly exemplify everything I've said so far.

by Anonymousreply 225October 25, 2021 5:51 AM

Actually, you're the one sounding like a Trumper - not necessarily in content, but in form.

by Anonymousreply 226October 25, 2021 7:05 AM

Keep digging, R226. Why don't you try countering with some numbers? Where are your links with real numbers, not just anecdotes, about how all the mediocre white men are losing out on all the promotions. How only holding 90% of CEO positions is making them sad? How having all the money is just such a burden? Or how making up only 76% of the Senate and holding the presidency for, oh, always is just not enough!

by Anonymousreply 227October 25, 2021 8:34 AM

Mediocre women get so emotional.

by Anonymousreply 228October 25, 2021 12:39 PM

[quote]Keep digging, [R226]. Why don't you try countering with some numbers? Where are your links with real numbers, not just anecdotes, about how all the mediocre white men are losing out on all the promotions. How only holding 90% of CEO positions is making them sad? How having all the money is just such a burden? Or how making up only 76% of the Senate and holding the presidency for, oh, always is just not enough!

Excuse me, but why the fuck are you going on about CEOs and the Senate when this thread is about theatre?

by Anonymousreply 229October 25, 2021 1:01 PM

Because her/their/its mediocre voice MUST be heard!

by Anonymousreply 230October 25, 2021 9:32 PM

It's a woman? I thought it was that younger than springtime POC who called everyone an ancient white fag and said people celebrate him.

by Anonymousreply 231October 25, 2021 9:39 PM

Get a load of Prince there in the center of the pic. Thought he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 232October 25, 2021 9:45 PM

R189 I wonder what percentage of those hires are really the most capable, best qualified to lead, etc...

Yeah...

by Anonymousreply 233October 25, 2021 11:25 PM

R233, probably the same percentage as the white men that used to always get hired.

by Anonymousreply 234October 26, 2021 1:31 AM

Doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 235October 26, 2021 2:13 AM

Because what, R235, all white men hired for things over the centuries are eminently qualified while everyone else is just an unqualified quota hire, right? Like I said, the obtuseness of the mediocre white male is infinite and eternal.

by Anonymousreply 236October 26, 2021 2:56 AM

Hot Ignore on r236. One racist troll who keeps posting the same garbage over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 237October 26, 2021 2:59 AM

Whine and ignore away, R237 (but I'm sure you can't see this anyway, right?) but you still haven't put up any actual numbers or studies to support your side or refute mine. It's almost like men like you and the others on here aren't used to being asked to prove their shit instead of just having it accepted as fact due to the mere happenstance of them being white and male.

by Anonymousreply 238October 26, 2021 3:15 AM

Everyone is replaceable. Give respect instead of demanding it.

Unfortunately, this person's limited success has gone to their head and they were probably pushed forward with these false little echo chambers of trans voices on the internet.

Fast forward 5 years, an obese 30 year old man is nursing his 8th vodka and telling anyone in earshot about his time on Broadway and how phony it is and he gave it up because he has principles and wasn't going to be TREATED LIKE THAT! No one is interested in what he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 239October 26, 2021 3:30 AM

No grp is a monolith but I am not blind or a fool.

by Anonymousreply 240October 26, 2021 5:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!