Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

30 years ago today, Mariah Carey's "Emotions" hit #1 on the hot 100!

it stayed atop the charts for 3 weeks.

It was her 5th #1 single

I was a very young gay child at the time and remember instantly falling in love with the song. There was nothing like it on the radio.

I also loved her early 90s look. This was before her breast implants. She had her natural tall but slender figure, her beautiful long curly brown hair. I was so disappointed when she started dyeing her hair blonde and straightening it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2021 12:07 PM

LIVE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2021 1:57 AM

#2 Live

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2021 2:00 AM

My gawd. Is she still shilling her unimaginative garbage where her 90s songs sound exactly like her mid 2000's songs which sound exactly like her 2010's songs? All her shit sounds the same!

And now she's ghosting her own tracks live, becasue she can't hit those screeching dolphin notes anymore!!!!

Someone retire this hack!!!

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2021 2:01 AM

Fantasy is the only Mariah Carey song I've ever really liked but I am nostalgic about Emotions, too, OP. It was on top for weeks and weeks during one of my junior high years and I can't hear it without suddenly being back there at my locker, all awkward and covered in acne and in love with a classmate who loved my best friend instead of me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2021 2:08 AM

Right there with you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2021 2:21 AM

I still love “Vision of Love”. I remember seeing her on SNL and getting goosebumps from it. Unbelievable, amazing live performance. It’s like Whitney’s National Anthem.

Nobody does that now. Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2021 2:30 AM

Agree, OP. She was this little petite waif with a titanic voice.

Now she’s a heifer with nada.

But she was really something in her prime.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2021 2:32 AM

She was an opportunist who slept with the president of the record label to secure a record contract. Typical Hollywood grifting.

THERE IS NO CASTING COUCH PEOPLE!!!! SEX IS CURRENCY IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2021 3:17 AM

I love her "Emotions" and "Best of My Love" by The Emotions.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2021 3:29 AM

r8, yes, of course, because a young, beautiful woman with one of the most amazing voices ever would have never received a recording contract anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2021 3:41 AM

R10 exactly

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2021 1:25 AM
by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 5:26 PM

Some of the most forgettable "hits" in pop history.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 5:41 PM

What an annoying screech monkey she was.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 6:09 PM

I miss those times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2021 9:29 AM

Of course MC IS impaired, she would never have hired that Russian grifter if she wasn't drunk.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2021 9:34 AM

Imagine being the children of Mariah and Nick Cannon. I hope I live long enough to read those tell-alls.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2021 11:47 AM

Actually someone does, R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2021 12:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!