Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jayne Curtain, Garett Maurice and Lorin Newman

Unnecessary. Why didn't they just get rid of them?

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 10:43 PM

OP; can't spell three easily found names and doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Why don't we just get rid of him?

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2021 8:42 PM

Adored Jane and still do.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2021 8:48 PM

Jane was a great foil to the more over-the-top physical comedian cast members. She was integral to the show's early success.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2021 8:52 PM

You mean Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris and Laraine Newman? of SNL fame? Is this ebonics for IMDB here or what?

I'm not sure what you find funny but they were all great; Jane being my favorite sarcastic, wise-ass, pinched, quiet "Karen" of the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2021 8:56 PM

My topic: Tanya Roberts or Shelley Hack. Unnecessary. Why didn’t they just cancel it?

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2021 8:56 PM

OP, you ignorant slut!

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2021 8:58 PM

Jane seemed matronly, and could play moms, etc. convincingly. Garrett brought an urban edge to the show, and he was always funny. Larraine was from that gonzo improv background where anything could happen.

The casting was brilliant. Belushi always thought he should be the star, but he was better as ensemble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2021 9:11 PM

Of the original women on SNL, Jane was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2021 9:44 PM

With Golda Rander, Sean Belucci, Dave Akron, and Chevy Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2021 9:50 PM

Roy Schneider was always a fave. Mary Hartman, Mike Meijers, Dana Curvy.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2021 10:05 PM

[bold]Our top story tonight: OP is an idiot![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2021 10:21 PM

Garrett was The Token Negro. Shows back then were required to have one. Even he realized that's why he was there.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2021 10:23 PM

Garrett was also significantly older than the other original Not Ready for Primetime players.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 10:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!