Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A second Facebook whistleblower says she's willing to testify before Congress

The former Facebook employee Sophie Zhang is willing to testify before Congress, she told CNN.

Zhang said she'd shared documentation about "potential criminal violations" with US law enforcement.

Zhang publicly criticized Facebook in a 7,800-word memo after she was fired in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2021 7:30 PM

Zuckerberg always photographs like he’s contemplating a way to murder you without being caught.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2021 4:18 PM

There will be dozens by the time it’s all over.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2021 4:20 PM
by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2021 4:27 PM
by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2021 4:28 PM

Zhang was fired from Facebook in August 2020, but before she left she posted a 7,800-word memo detailing how she believed the company allowed authoritarian regimes around the world to manipulate its platform.

"I have blood on my hands," Zhang wrote in the memo, which was obtained by BuzzFeed. Zhang wrote that she was officially being fired for "poor performance."

As well as posting the memo internally, Zhang uploaded it to her personal website, and in July she told MIT Technology Review that Facebook had issued a complaint to her hosting server and that her website was subsequently taken offline.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2021 4:34 PM

Zuck talks of free speech, but when the shoe is on the other foot, he tries to shut down his critics website.

I hope people are rid of the notion that Facebook is an innocent platform.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2021 4:35 PM

I hope these people have some kind of security around them

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2021 4:36 PM

If I didn't him suicided, no one will.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2021 4:40 PM

I want to blow the whistle too. I wish someone would drop off an envelope of documents off to me. I will take care of the rest.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2021 4:48 PM

Someone should leave a trove of documents on a train of they are scared.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2021 7:50 PM

Why are people still using this trash? Delete your account and live happily without putting money into this man’s pockets.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2021 8:12 PM

Is Zuck a robot? Sure seems like it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2021 8:13 PM

The more the merrier.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2021 8:32 PM

Zhang is a transgender woman; she stated that "she is tired of being in the closet as a transgender woman" and it is a core aspect of her identity that informed her actions at Facebook and after she left

Nothing will hurt Zuckerberg. He bought this election for Joe and Schumer.

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan on Tuesday donated an additional $100 million to helping local election offices prepare for November even as some conservatives are stepping up their efforts to stop the funds from being used.

The contribution brings the total funding for the election from Zuckerberg and Chan to $400 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2021 9:11 PM

Unfortunately, Congress can do JACK SHIT about anything. It's appalling. Zuckerberg is just another of a long list of sociopath capitalists who are destroying the world.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2021 9:26 PM
by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2021 5:00 PM

Let their be a long line of them.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2021 5:07 PM

He and his mail order bride are hoping people forget how he helped fat Donnie win in 2016, stage a coup attempt in 2021 and helped plan genocides around the world, r14.

People have short memories when there's enough $$$ involved.

Fuck him. The damage is done and he continues to allow lies about covid and vaccines to spread unabated.

He could donate every penny he has to Democrats and he'd STILL be complicit in the deaths of tens of thousands of people world wide.

He's a fucking menace and should be dealt with accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2021 5:37 PM

So FB is just going to keep on damaging everything in its wake? And that’s it? End of story?

I sure hope not.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2021 5:58 PM

Always women whistleblowers....why?

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2021 6:03 PM
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2021 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!