Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wait… Kyle Richards was Lindsey in the original Halloween?

Wtf. I never knew this. And now she’s reprising her role??? That’s actually pretty cool.

Is the actor who played Tommy not available? They should both be back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2021 12:16 AM

She should have teamed up with Paul Rudd in 95 sequel. That was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2021 11:45 PM

But Lindsey wasn’t in the 95 movie.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2021 11:47 PM

I have another scoop for you, OP: Mars bars are made right here on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2021 11:47 PM

I actually think that Anthony Michael Hall makes the perfect Tommy.

He looks like what I would imagine Tommy to be, all grown up.

The really Tommy, not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2021 11:49 PM

R4 well the real Tommy looking like that means Tommy would look like that lmao.

He isn’t bad looking at all in the face. Just a chubs.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2021 11:53 PM

The preview implies she will be killed off early on. Her acting is as awesome in the trailer as it was in ‘78. But yes, movie looks fun.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2021 11:54 PM

OP If the little cunt expects to eat, then I expect her to work.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote] The preview implies she will be killed off early on

Do the different actors get to take turns stabbing her, like they do in "Scary Movie?"

I hope so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote]Wtf. I never knew this.

You wouldn't recognize her with her old nose.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2021 12:04 AM

I read the actor, Brian Andrews, really tried to get the attention of producers but was never contacted. He’s apparently pretty bitter about it but there’s no way they were going to cast him as a heroic lead. Maybe a cameo as a creepy gas station attendant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2021 12:05 AM

It'll be so cool to watch the housethief die.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2021 12:21 AM

No, R11.

It's "LINDSAY STOLE MY GODDAMNED HOUSE!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2021 12:23 AM

R11 Mauricio, too.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 12:46 AM

The original Tommy looks as old as Laurie Strode. It wouldn't work. I'm glad they went with AMH.

I really hate that they give away so much in the trailers. It lessens the suspense when you know who's going to die.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2021 12:52 AM

OP, how the hell did you not know this?

What was your first exposure to Kyle Richards, if not Halloween?

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2021 1:11 AM

I want to know why Josh Hartnett and Michelle Williams aren't in this movie.

He's her son, FFS!

Both Josh and Michelle were in Halloween H2O and they both lived.

So wouldn't it make sense for them to be in this movie, too?

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 1:13 AM

Why are you all ragging on op?

This isn't actually common knowledge. And Kyle's part was very small.

Not only that, but Lindsey isn't exactly a huge part of the plot. So why would anyone notice her? She's just the little girl who lives across the street from Tommy.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 1:16 AM

Anyone who’s a fan of the movie knows basically all the actors, R17. It’s not like we’re talking about the actor who played the cemetery caretaker.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 1:17 AM

I mean, the name Kyle Richards appears in the opening AND closing credits, with the latter reading “Lindsay… Kyle Richards”

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2021 1:18 AM

OP, you are late as FUCK. And guess what else? Her sister Kim was the little girl who gets shot in the chest in Carpenter’s Assault On Precinct 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote] This isn't actually common knowledge

Yes it is.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote]What was your first exposure to Kyle Richards, if not Halloween?

Little House on the Prairie. In which Kim guest starred..

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2021 1:33 AM

^^^ I remember Kim Richards on Little House, but… the question was what was OP’s first exposure to Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 1:34 AM

Okay, look.

Kyle Richards is nowhere NEAR the level of child star as her sister Kim.

So stop trying to make a big deal out of this. Because Kyle is/was a nobody and nothing failed actress. Her claim to fame is being a reality star.

As anyone who grew up in that era, about the name Kim Richards, and they would instantly know who she is.

That's NOT the case with Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 1:40 AM

She's getting a lot of Oscar buzz for her role in Halloween Kills!!

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 1:44 AM

That’s not the point, R24. I don’t follow Kyle’s career as a reality star, and I don’t think she was anything special as a child actor (neither was her sister for that matter). The point is, NO SELF RESPECTING FAN OF ‘HALLOWEEN’ DOESN’T KNOW KYLE WAS IN IT.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 1:45 AM

R26 Michael Meyers must have killed Comment 24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 1:59 AM

R27, I murdered the reply at R24. I killed it. Not Michael.

You’re welcome.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 2:07 AM

I loved Kim in that space show where she played a girl named Tia with a brother named Tony. Weren't they aliens? Gotta go Google that now...

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2021 2:24 AM

R29 You’re thinking of Escape From… and Return To Witch Mountain. They were theatrical feature films from Walt Disney Productions.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2021 2:28 AM

Yes! That was it! Thank you r30!

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2021 2:37 AM

[quote] She's getting a lot of Oscar buzz for her role in Halloween Kills!!

That doesn't always turn out well.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2021 2:43 AM

OP Ed/win the Phat Brooklyn moonfaced gaptoothed troll is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 2:47 AM

How sweet. Millennials being sentimental about their shit.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 2:49 AM

“Millennials”, R34?

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2021 3:08 AM

They tried to get Brian Andrews in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers in 1995 but he didn't have an agent so they couldn't get in touch with him. They ended up casting Paul Rudd instead, who was almost cast in the role again instead of Anthony Michael Hall and only had to turn them down because he was busy working on the new Ghostbusters.

He appears to be very bitter, angry, and hurt about it on Facebook which I would be too if it were me. When Nurse Marion, Sheriff Brackett, and Lindsey get to come back with the original actors playing them but your role is being played by someone else, it would feel like the ultimate "fuck you." But fans in the Halloween group seem to think he is a little bit crazy which may explain it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2021 3:08 AM

I have a feeling Laurie Strode is in the film as much as she was in the original Halloween 2, and the Tommy Doyle character carries much of the movie. From a studio standpoint, It makes sense they would want a recognizable name in that role. Everyone else coming back from the original probably has a small part.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2021 11:50 AM

I don’t understand why anyone cares about sequels. When the original story and film were conceived, there wasn’t any idea that it would need to unfold over the course of several movies over many decades. The first film was it. The end. The subsequent sequels and the creation of the goddamn *franchise* is just a cash-grab. It’s like glorified fan fiction. John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis have both said as much.

On one of the commentary tracks for the original Halloween, Curtis says “I wish they’d stop making sequels.”

People who care about franchises and see all the movies and buy all the home video releases and memorabilia are mental midgets.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2021 2:36 PM

[quote]the question was what was OP’s first exposure to Kyle.

Kyle Richards (born January 14, 1969) played the part of Alicia Sanderson Edwards on Little House on the Prairie. She also appeared as Samantha Harper in the Season 5 episode "Someone Please Love Me" (episode #22).

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2021 2:51 PM

Cool, R39. Then why not say “when Kyle had a guest appearance on Little House on the Prairie” instead of “Little House on the Prairie.. in which Kim guest starred” @ R22?

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2021 3:06 PM

Welcome to your first day on the planet, OP!

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2021 3:14 PM

R40, she was a recurring character for 5 season. Kim had one guest star episode (but it may have been a two-part episode)

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2021 8:48 PM

"Get out there and ACT, you little bitches! Mama's got a mortgage to pay."

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2021 12:08 AM

Funny how Michael Meyers is considered an evil butcher, but Kyle's plastic surgeon's crimes against humanity go unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2021 12:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!