Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ben Affleck Says His Kissing Scene with Matt Damon in ‘The Last Duel’ Was Cut

Ben's character.

ADVERTISEMENT

▼Scroll for more▼ In the scene, Matt was supposed to kiss Ben, however, the scene was changed to Matt kneeling before Ben instead.

"That's what goes on at home too," Ben joked with Entertainment Tonight.

"I actually have to kneel before him," Matt added with a laugh. "Once he started directing, that's actually how I have to get in his house."

In the historical drama based on true events, Matt plays Jean de Carrouges, a French knight during the Hundred Years War. Ben plays French nobleman Count Pierre d'Alençon.

In the original actual version of that scene -- the way that ceremony actually took place was that you kissed everybody on the mouth," Ben explained. "And we had that in the script."

"That would've been our first on screen kiss," Matt said, before Ben added, "It's going to have to wait."

Unfortunately for fans, director Ridley Scott decided to cut the kissing scene right from the get-go and they never ended up filming it.

"Ridley thought it would be distracting, and his instincts are pretty good," Ben said.

"Yeah the two characters really hate each other and that was really fun," Matt recalled. "In fact, the scene where I kneel before him, Ben just improvised this thing where I started to say my line and he just interrupted me and goes, 'Closer.' And I have to kind of get up and kneel again in front of him. And that was just -- he just did that and just kind of blurted that out, and it wasn't in the script."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2021 9:45 AM

Fag!

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2021 8:35 AM

Enough with these gay baiting pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2021 8:48 AM

Ben looks so much happier in this picture with Ben than any of the "staged" pics with JLO. Hmmm.. I wonder why that is.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2021 10:01 AM

I find their bro relationship cute. Matt's always looked up to Ben even though he's the bigger star now.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2021 4:52 PM

More pandering to make up for his homophobia.

Fuck Matt Damon!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2021 5:25 PM

Did Matt and Ridley Scott talk about the FAGS wanting to see Matt and Ben kiss?

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote]Ben looks so much happier in this picture with [Matt] than any of the "staged" pics with JLO. Hmmm.. I wonder why that is.

It's because men enjoy spending time with their their guy friends where they can relax and be away from their controlling and nagging gf's and fraus. I hope you don't think it's got anything to do with sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2021 5:48 PM

Ben's going to win Best Supporting Actor awards this year... bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 6:01 PM

Ben is looking GREAT

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2021 6:10 PM

Off topic but was Ben once addicted to heroin?

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2021 6:10 PM

R7 I wasn't implying anything heterosexual. I have said on other posts that I don't think Ben is gay.

I was implying that ANYBODY is better than hanging out in that fake relationship with JLO. He's miserable partly having to do this charade and partly having to do the charade with HER!

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2021 6:20 PM

So he made him get down on his knees ... THEN WHAT HAPPENED?

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2021 6:29 PM

OOPS! I meant to say I wasn't implying anything *HOMOSEXUAL between them.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote] distracting aka homophobe

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2021 2:43 AM

I'm sure they've had decades of practice.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2021 2:44 AM

Right, R15?

It’s telling that Matt has to define it by saying it’s their first “on-screen” kiss.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 3:06 AM

Didn't Matt say Good Will Hunting had a gay sex scene between him and Affleck that got cut? And they wrote that script too.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 3:14 AM

R17

[quote] There was never meant to be a gay sex scene in the film, but it was rather meant as a test to see if any of the Hollywood execs Damon and Affleck sent the script were actually paying attention. There have been a slew of films with overtly gay content that were watered down to appease Hollywood executives and audiences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 3:16 AM

Is it surprising that Hollywood is STILL homophobic?! A little kiss between men sends them scurrying around and screaming like a woman who has just seen a mouse!

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2021 3:19 AM

"Ridley thought it would be distracting." Ridley being an asshole is distracting!!!

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2021 3:21 AM

What’s up with Ben’s hair in OP’s photo?

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2021 3:24 AM

If they weren't sex symbols for straight women. I feel the kiss wouldn't have been controversial. Men kissing for laughs isn't a new idea. But when it's two actors who are considered attractive then it could be off-putting to their female audience.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2021 3:25 AM

R22 Then the female audience are homophobic and something left over from another era.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2021 3:28 AM

R23 Most film execs are also old men who have outdated views that they project onto the audience.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2021 3:48 AM

I can picture Matt on his knees in front of Ben at his house.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2021 3:53 AM

They do have a homoromantic vibe. I think they're both misogynistic and prefer male company. Not really gay in the sexual way. But just romantic for each other.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2021 4:02 AM

Matt could be gay but I don't get that vibe from Ben at all. Matt may have convinced Ben at some point, but I don't think they do each other.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2021 9:52 AM

That isn't entirely true. Damon refused to kiss Ben because of his smoker's stank breath. And you know that Ben doesn't wash properly so he probably doesn't smell too good from other orifices either.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2021 10:11 AM

Ugh. Matt Damon has obviously gone to Madonna's school of smiling with that upside down smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2021 10:28 AM

Matt and Ben don't fuck each other.

I believe that Matt could be a closeted homo since he uses homophobic slurs. Ben is not down with it.

But this article isn't about that. This piece is just an opportunity for them to troll the gay community. "Will they kiss? Won't they kiss? Do they fuck?" Who gives a shit? This has gotten old, and so have they!

This reminds me of when Matt appeared on Will and Grace as a straight guy who likes hanging around queers. Gimme a break! That was yet another PR stunt.

They wanna be in with "the gays" but don't give a fuck about them - especially Matt. He is so conniving. Fuck them!

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2021 10:41 AM

R10 he probably still is.

R21 I can't stop staring at it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2021 12:46 PM

Ben is smart enough to never smile because he looks creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2021 3:39 PM

R29 Matt's hair in this picture (other than being more hair than any 49 year old naturally has on his head) reminds me of Carmen Diaz when she had that nut in her hair in Something About Mary.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2021 3:47 PM

Has Ben ever opened his eyes all the way?

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2021 3:49 PM

Ben and Casey sexually harassed women and the associations with Weinstein don't help them. They're lucky people have short attention spans today. As for Matt, he could be bisexual or gay.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2021 3:54 PM

Ok, the way I'm interpreting the article, the kiss that was to have been featured wasn't sexual or romantic but rather part of the protocol and practices of the era in which the film is set; but Scott thought modern audiences wouldn't understand that and perceive it otherwise, and so he cut it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2021 3:59 PM

Sick of them both. Faux SJW dickheads.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2021 4:03 PM

Yeah,,, I really don't see how hanging out with either JLO or Jen Garner could be fun. So I don't blame Ben for look happy when he's around his closest friend he's had for years.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote] As for Matt, he could be bisexual or gay.

Other than the DL rumors he had a kept Latino guy when he lived in Miami, what’s the basis for this?

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2021 4:09 PM

Ben Affleck is only happy when he's three sheets to the wind, surrounded by half-clad babes and the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2021 4:54 PM

R40, all that's missing from your description is Jack in the Box.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2021 1:37 AM

R36 Excuses, excuses........!!!

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2021 2:52 AM

Even if I would have loved to see such a scene, people must remain realistic. Ridley Scott did well because in the Middle Ages these two would not have kissed and even if they had, French people would never have known it. This would not have been disclosed. Americans like to make movies about other countries's history but it is often full of historical inaccuracies. The Middle Ages were not Lalaland you know.

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2021 2:17 PM

Is it just me or does it look like Matt Damon's smile was Photoshopped upside down in that pic?

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2021 2:22 PM

anything is possible in hollyweird. R44

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2021 2:24 PM

R44 Matt Damon lost his looks a long time ago. That couple years he is older than Ben, now looks like about 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2021 2:26 PM

Affleck is homophobic, alcoholic and bitter because he has a stubby dick. Nude scenes require a prosthetic.

by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2021 2:37 PM

Fixed that for ya' Matt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2021 2:44 PM

Let's say that this was the last judicial duel in the Middle Ages area. Because in France, the last known duels are those of Serge Lifar and the Marquis de Cuevas in 1958, and Gaston Defferre and René Ribière in 1967 after an altercation between the two men in the hemicycle of the National Assembly, a fight always considered as "the last duel for the honor.

I am a fan of the French Chivalry. I need to see this movie. Plus, I love Ridley Scott flims and Matt Damon seems credible as Jean de Carrouges. I will keep in mind that Matt and Ben kissed.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote] when it's two actors who are considered attractive then it could be off-putting to their female audience.

R22 clearly doesn’t know any straight/bi women well irl, then. Because they absolutely are are horny for m/m action onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote] Affleck is only happy when he's three sheets to the wind, surrounded by half-clad babes and the center of attention.

R40 every day and twice on Sundays. Toxic Leo vibes out the door. It’s fun for a minute while the cameras are on and the wine is flowing free. Then the party ends, the clouds come over and the shutter closes, and shit gets nasty.

My asshole homophobe father, my drunk war criminal Uncle, and my insecure bodybuilder BIL are all damaged Leos, so I know of what I speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2021 2:56 PM

I don't like how he was allowed to quash the story on FINDING YOUR ROOTS about his slave-owning ancestors. No one would have blamed him for their actions. But he's a self-serving narcissist and thought that it would hurt his brand. He should have just owned it. Fuck him and his boyfriend Matt.

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2021 3:53 PM

Saw the movie yesterday. Not bad, if you've seen Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven (2005), you know what to expect. The script takes a Roshomon approach, showing the key events from three different perspectives. Affleck steals the movie with his fun, comic relief, foppish performance.

by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2021 4:45 PM

I don't think it would've been distracting. It would have been a very climactic emotional moment. This kiss isn't romantic or sweet, it's a action of loyalty/submission. It's something we don't usually see, but we understand it when we see it. It's sorta like the kiss in the between Jesus and Judas or the kiss in the Godfather. We know it's not romantic, and that it means something much more complex and pungent. Directors are such cowards now, and that's why I'm not watching many of the movies that are recently made. The drama is bland and predictable. Although I could see the only headline of the movie be, "Matt and Ben tongue fuck", and that's not what the movie is about.

by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote] Affleck steals the movie with his fun, comic relief, foppish performance.

So he's reprising his role from Shakespeare in Love?

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2021 5:20 PM

Essentially, r55, but he's much better here.

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2021 5:22 PM

Some French historians (4 of whom are très hot), say that for once Hollywood is faithful to the historical reality even if there are some questionable points. They say that Ridley Scott, who shot the film in France, was well surrounded and succeeded in making the film in natural settings such as the château and not the prefabricated Hollywood castles often very imaginary as in Disney films. They especially liked the costumes because they said this time they really were as their chivalry wore them (France has a national medieval museum). It smells like an Oscar for Ridley's costume team.

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2021 8:19 PM

r57, can you tell us who these très hot French historians are?

Regarding the castles: I get and appreciate filming on location at actual chateaus, but wouldn't they have looked "newer" having been built very shortly before the time depicted in the films?

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2021 8:40 PM

Amateurs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2021 11:33 AM

There is a guy on guy kissing scene in The Green Knight with Dev Patel and Joel Edgerton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2021 11:46 AM

R60 oh yeah, Gwalchmei always was a massive bender. So’s Geraint, and Cai. As for Trystan, he might not be but he certainly acts like it sometime.

The ladies at court all say my Tad is a top shagger, but I have my doubts when I see him in private counsel with the King...

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2021 1:24 PM

R60 The way Dev looks at him afterwards is so hot!

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2021 3:47 PM

The Green Knight is my favorite movie of the year and the kiss was icing.

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] I can picture Matt on his knees in front of Ben at his house.

Easily. Remember Matt is on record publicly as admiring of Ben's cock, claiming to have seen it many times when they go for a piss together - as straight men do.

"Normally when we pee together we go at the same time because, you know, well, women do that. Ok? So now with our wives like they’ll go to the bathroom together and we’re like ‘well we should go to the bathroom too.’ And we go and normally there’s just one toilet so we just whip ’em out and we cross swords kind of like you do when you’re little kids. And I always look at Ben and I go ‘man, that’s something. Fantastic. Good for you.'" 2014

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2021 7:51 AM

#CancelMattDamon

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2021 7:57 AM

R47 poor Ben.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2021 9:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!