Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Closer” by Tegan & Sara

I dare one of you to listen to this song and not smile and feel happy by the end. I dare you.

It’s impossible. The song is a big ball of sugary bubblegum pop joy. It’s a fun song that should have been a bigger hit. It’s pure joy, and has a very young and innocent vibe. It makes me feel like a teenager again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 5, 2022 12:21 AM

[quote]It’s a fun song that should have been a bigger hit.

Having listened to it, it’s quite obvious why it was never going to be a hit.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2021 9:01 PM

I love this song. A lot, actually. I agree that it’s a happy song.

However, every time I hear it I assume it’s about two lesbians wanting to scissor each other.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2021 9:04 PM

I like it too OP. It was used very effectively in a show, but I forget which one.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2021 9:08 PM

Meh. It's okay. Nothing to write home about, and I was not happy and smiling by the end.

False advertising by OP. Lies make baby Jeebus cry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2021 10:42 PM

I like this song but they have better songs. I love “The Con” album, they have such a knack for pop melodies.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2021 11:05 PM

It’s a banger.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2021 11:09 PM

I love it - but because of its association with the show R3 mentions - Bojack Horseman.

And it doesn't make me happy because Bojack Horseman doesn't make me happy. Bojack Horseman makes me sad.

Best show I've seen about clinical depression, addiction, the mid-life crisis and the toxicity of male beauty.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2021 2:21 AM

Bojack Horseman is one of the best shows I've ever seen about anything. There were lines and scenes every now and again that had me instantly bawling my eyes out after not even feeling close to it the second before. In fact the scene where this song plays (closing scene of Season 1, iirc, I Googled the song afterwards i loved it so much) was one of them.

Oh and I agree with you OP, it's pop perfection. Kind of sweet and horny at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2021 6:46 AM

It’s an awful show.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2021 9:21 AM

I love this track too. It was used for a lip synch on a Drag Race episode, can't remember which one now - Drag Race Canada I think it was, that was the first time I heard it.

I only realised Tegan and Sara were twins recently.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2021 12:13 PM

Several Tegan & Sara songs were used in the MTV teen show Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2021 1:12 PM

I love the song but it isn’t bubblegum pop at all, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2021 1:13 PM

Feel good music

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 8:58 PM

No thank you, only made it about a minute in.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2021 9:10 PM

Yawn...... lazy lyrics, crappy rhymes. These dreary clones need to angrily break up their rivalry and break out. Tampon-coffeehouse drivel.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2021 9:20 PM

Those pretend Russian lesbians are so 20 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 9:28 PM

I loved "Everything is Awesome." They're great.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote] Those pretend Russian lesbians are so 20 years ago!

I believe you mean t.A.T.u. Tegan and Sara are a different pop group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2021 9:37 PM

It just came on my playlist and I started singing out loud to the chorus. So good!

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2021 8:43 PM

Such a feel good song!

by Anonymousreply 20January 5, 2022 12:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!