Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What songs have caught your ear lately?

I'm not usually a Springsteen guy, but 'Nebraska' hits right for me at the moment. One of the great albums of our time. In a way, I'm living a distorted version of 'Atlantic City' in my own way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2022 7:44 AM

This is an old one but I love it. Jerry Lee Lewis is playing piano on the recording.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2021 3:44 AM

The very first record that I ever bought - Theme From The Valley Of The Dolls by Dionne Warwick. Very somber but also very moving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2021 3:52 AM

Love that tune, R2! It sounds just as fresh and not to mention fun as it was when it came out, Long live rock and roll!

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2021 3:54 AM

German electro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2021 4:00 AM

Red House Painters "Have You Forgotten How To Love Yourself"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2021 4:07 AM

R5 - I love Red House Painters lately. They’re exactly the sound of the times — I spin their album ‘Retrospective’ often. This one pops into my head often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2021 3:40 PM

‘New Jersey’ also pops into my head a lot. In my situations, discovering their music couldn’t have happened at a better time.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2021 3:42 PM

This is so beautiful — the strings are just amazing. Dragon Flies is one of my favorite songs — and this version that segues into ‘Void’ is gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2021 3:12 AM

The Who - Love, Reign O’er Me. Really getting into 70's The Who. Eminence Front is another good one from them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2021 3:22 AM

This one. A joyful, new song that sheds all the melancholy of the last five ears, because of you-know-who. Although I prefer the single version and not this extended intro version. Makes me dance, and I haven’t felt this way for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2021 3:29 AM

I’ve been addicted to this song lately

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2021 3:54 AM

This song is definitely probably my most played this year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2021 3:55 AM

I didn't care for Bruce for the longest time because I only knew his shitty mid 80s music (I was born in 1980 and that Born in the US anthem is a crappy part of my childhood's soundtrack) and just assumed all his music was that bad. Then, in college, I heard Nebraska and my world was rocked. I loved it then. I love it now.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2021 8:03 AM

This one, for example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2021 9:44 AM

This one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2021 1:17 PM

This one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2021 7:16 PM

This was the musical backdrop to my bittersweet trip to Florida recently. Still a huge RHP/ Sun Kil Moon fan a year after I wrote this. It is the soundtrack of my mid-20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2022 7:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!