Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ACLU alters RBG's abortion quote to remove references to women and gender.

They are getting some well deserved backlash from women on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 29, 2021 10:53 PM

Women erasure helps the anti abortion side

by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2021 12:19 AM

Further confirming the prophecy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2021 12:24 AM

No more donations to ACLU. They rendered RBG's words meaningless with that pathetic rewording.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2021 12:25 AM

Watching organizations debase themselves to please the Trans amuses me

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2021 12:27 AM

The ACLU now is not the same organization it was 20 years ago. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2021 12:28 AM

The Trans have turned “women” into a four letter word! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2021 12:30 AM

R2 is posted to an unrelated tweet posted in 2020

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2021 12:30 AM

No R5, the ACLU is the same organization that went to court many years ago to allow Nazis in swastikas parade by my grandparents, survivors of concentration camp victims.

Fuck the ACLU.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2021 12:40 AM

R8 that's the ACLU I donated to. Now they wouldn't take on that case.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2021 12:42 AM

I heart my gender free nazi fetus!

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2021 12:53 AM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2021 1:21 AM

OP, the only backlash is coming from low IQ Republicans like yourself

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2021 1:22 AM

Perhaps it IS time to honor the earthworm, the leech and the starfish with gender neutral or bisexual honors when it comes to American judicial speak!

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2021 1:50 AM

No, R12. I'm not the OP but I agree that this is ridiculous and I'm not a Republican, if you read the quote Tweets you'll see that a great many of them are also not written by Republicans. People are rightfully bothered by the ACLU choosing to erase the word woman from a statement that was specifically about women... the movie about Ginsburg's life is called "On the Basis of Sex" for a reason.

[quote]one thing that conspicuously distinguishes women from men is that only women become pregnant; and if you subject a woman to disadvantageous treatment on the basis of her pregnant status... you would be denying her equal treatment under the law…

[quote]The decision whether or not to bear a child is central to a woman’s life, to her well-being and dignity. It is a decision she must make for herself. When Government controls that decision for her, she is being treated as less than a fully adult human responsible for her own choices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2021 2:07 AM

That was an incredibly self-defeating move.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2021 2:09 AM

Even the NYT ran an article earlier in the year about the ACLU having an identity crisis. They are not who they used to be.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2021 2:16 AM

Ryan Reynolds gave the ACLU a big donation.I hope he rethinks because they are not the organization they used to be. Freedom of speech is now bullshit to them. .They actively censor and change speech now.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2021 2:20 AM

I've been a card-carrying member of the ACLU all of my life. I will continue to be a card-carrying member until the day I die.

It's not just about defending the rights you like or the people you like. I don't like everything they do but I support their existence and their work in defense of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.

American citizenship can be tough, it's not a comfortable fit for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2021 2:23 AM

Disgusting and vile to alter her quote, then have the audacity to attribute it to her.

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2021 2:26 AM

Backlash on TWITTER! Oh my God! Where shall I go? What shall I do? How do I COPE?

People who are constantly following twitter and tracking twitter and seriously discussing twitter are fucking morons. Seriously - morons.

In the grand scheme of things, it's the sort of thing a person like Donald uses.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2021 2:39 AM

The ACLU messing with RBG should cost them a lot of support. At least I hope it does.

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2021 2:46 AM

Defund the ACLU.

Let the Pritzker billionaire fund it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2021 2:59 AM

You cant defend what you cant name.You cant protect womens rights if you cant bring yourself to use the word women.

Women are Women

Men are Men Trans women are Trans women

Trans men are Trans men

There is absolutely nothing wrong or complicated about the above four sentences.

All four realities or identities if you like can be healthily embraced fully in a context of challenging gender stereotypes about what is the role and qualities of men and the roles and qualities of being women.

Eg There is nothing wrong in a man being more nurturing or caring or a woman being an engineer or rugby player or kickboxer etc

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2021 3:09 AM

“First, they came for the pregnant people!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2021 3:09 AM

r22 Pritzker is dangerous to the health your democracy like Rupert Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2021 3:13 AM

This whole pronoun thing is so weird. There are two genders, that’s it. Some girls like what society deems as “boy stuff” and some boys like what society deems as “girl stuff.” And that’s cool. But, there are only two genders. Let’s not go crazy. 2 genders.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2021 3:14 AM

Meh. People have evidently decided that they want/need more than two genders.

You may not like it, you may disagree with it, but they have their own way of seeing things and they're entitled to the freedom to live their own lives as they see fit, not as you see fit. This constant harping on them to the point of madness can't be healthy for you.

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2021 3:38 AM

r27 And mothers and women have their own way of seeing things and they are perfectly entitled to the freedom to be called women or mothers and not have those words erased for fear of offending a tiny beyond tiny minority who I rather suspect have a desire to be offended.

This people having their own way of seeing and doing things only works if it is a two way street. Your critique about people having their own way of doing things and others harping on instead of leaving them to lead their live as their entitled rather than harping on to the point of madness could equally be applied to those arguing for particular versions of trans rights , multiple genders etc.

As I said a two way street.

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2021 3:46 AM

[quote]Meh. People have evidently decided that they want/need more than two genders.

Yeah, and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 29September 23, 2021 3:51 AM

You can howl at the moon all you like, it doesn't change anything. It's completely meaningless.

They are who they are and they will continue living their lives as they see fit.

You are who you are and you will continue living your life as you see fit.

Ignore each other. Take a walk. Read a book. Get a better job. If you need to be in a fight, find a better one. Homelessness, starvation, global warming, whatever - there's plenty to get yourself all worked up over, go for it.

by Anonymousreply 30September 23, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote]It's not just about defending the rights you like or the people you like. I don't like everything they do but I support their existence and their work in defense of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.

I used to tell myself that, too, and I supported the ACLU for years. Some things were a hard pill to swallow, like the case of the asshole Nazis in Skokie, but freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Then they started seeking to protect novel "civil rights" and "civil liberties" that infringe upon the rights and liberties of an existing discriminated-against class: women.

by Anonymousreply 31September 23, 2021 4:03 AM

[quote] Meh. People have evidently decided that they want/need more than two genders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 23, 2021 4:06 AM

R27, you don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 23, 2021 4:12 AM

You can believe there are 20 genders.How does that give the ACLU the right to change RGB’s words? Why don’t they start scrubbing every book written that says pregnant woman instead of person. Sounds like the next logical step. You know it’s coming.

by Anonymousreply 34September 23, 2021 4:14 AM

r30 You are now saying ignore each other but in your initial post you only chastised critics of the trans and multiple gender identity and never dispensed your advice to both so Im a little sceptical of your motives.

Sometimes in life we need laws or rules or social taboos to protect people , circumstances and conditions.We dont just rely on people ignoring each other to keep the peace because people often dont ignore each other in the absence of a clearly drawn red line instead they often encroach on the rights of others .

Your attitude also implies equal status between different values regardless of what they are .There is no equal status between somebody denying basic scientific facts of reality and seeking to use that denial to reduce other peoples rights and people who oppose that. It is like saying if somebody is burgled or assaulted the whole situation would never have happened or would go away if both sides just learnt to ignore each other! Setting up an equilivance between wrong doer and the wronged!

by Anonymousreply 35September 23, 2021 4:18 AM

R26 That was refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 36September 23, 2021 4:18 AM

I disagree, R31, and I will always support the ACLU. If Jews could keep supporting them after Skokie, I can certainly do my part. As I said - you will continue to live as you see fit and Trans will continue to live as they they see fit. I see no merit in this pointless argument.

People are who they are and live how they live. You're not going to change them.

by Anonymousreply 37September 23, 2021 4:19 AM

r37 so dont oppose a racists behavior or the behavior of someone who infringes another persons rights because your never going to change them and turn them into something different? That is an absolute cop out and makes no sense.It is very weak logic that you are applying i suspect because you cant be bothered with the heavy lifting of condemning, taking a stand , grappling with nuance such as seeing all rights as absolutist ends up in their being no rights at all.

by Anonymousreply 38September 23, 2021 4:24 AM

r37 If you are not prepared to see and call out one person or side as violating the others rights then the concept of rights becomes meaningless and hollow.

by Anonymousreply 39September 23, 2021 4:27 AM

RBG's original wording actually gave me pain in my uterus.

LITERAL VIOLENCE!

by Anonymousreply 40September 23, 2021 4:28 AM

No, r39, I just don't see your rights as more important than a Trans person's rights. You see your rights as superseding theirs, making you some sort of "victim" and I think that's bullshit.

You have rights. Trans people have rights. I don't support yours over theirs. What I've seen for the past couple of years around this issue are Trans people being victimized and persecuted by people like you. They're also targeted and attacked by the extreme right wing bigots who prop up your point of view. Of course the fascists are only doing it in order to score cheap political points off of a "wedge" issue they can use to influence unsophisticated people at the polls.

Only really dumb and grotesquely opportunistic people allow themselves to be used by the fascists the way that you do. I think you should wise up and stop allying yourself with them and allowing this but that's just an opinion. Again, people are going to live as they see fit. Nothing's going to change that, certainly not you ladies and a bunch of would-be Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 41September 23, 2021 4:52 AM

r41 Gosh you dont realise that there can be tension between different rights and a balance has to be found for the situation to be workable? Self ID is not about equality and equal rights its about special treatment.

You clearly do not understand how rights and laws work given the uninformed ranting in your post and you swerved the substantial point about racism so it really does take some brass neck for you to call another person dumb!!

In what way am I allied with fascists ?Your the one doing their work for them by presenting unreasonable demands and infringements as totally fine.

by Anonymousreply 42September 23, 2021 5:05 AM

r41 The whole of the american constitution and subsequent body of law is a grand effort in balancing different and competing rights that are in tension. you speak as if this isnt the reality and we are instead living in a Walt Disney fairytale.

The whole of law per se is an exercise in balancing different peoples right s and interests that are in conflict.

by Anonymousreply 43September 23, 2021 5:11 AM

Racism? I have no idea what you're talking about so I guess the point wasn't all that "substantial" or maybe it simply didn't interest me, whatever.

I look at a bathroom in your ridiculous bathroom hysteria campaign. It's just a bathroom. It's not a sacred space. A Trans person wants to use it. You want to use it. You can both use it, as far as I'm concerned and if one of you doesn't like the other one in there you can fuck off and go use another bathroom. You aren't more important than she is. You don't have a more compelling right or need to use that bathroom than she does. You imagine that you do, but you don't. You are equals. Except I loathe your right-wing fascist political allies a hell of a lot more than any Trans allies I've ever heard of. The right wingnuts are just using you as a political pawn and you are more than willing to be used. So be it, if that's who you want to be that's who you want to be, whatever. Just know that they hate you more than any Trans person ever did, they call you "feminazis" and openly despise you, and you join up with them. Sure, that makes sense.

That's the way I see it. I've never thought you ladies were impressive or convincing. I've never understood what you're doing on a Gay men's website to begin with, I think it's weird.

by Anonymousreply 44September 23, 2021 5:51 AM

r44 I am a gay male .Legally public toilets in the UK are designated by biological sex and covered by the equalities act so actually a woman does have more of a right to be in the womens toilets than a man.that is the law.It is a protected space as is womens hostels.This issue is about much more than womens toilets and a lot more about the erasure of the reality of biological sex. Gender is subjective.Biological sex isnt .Why you are defending a war on reality is beyond me but its very trumpian in its journey into alternative facts.

I suspect you are narrowly focusing on toilets because its more of a low hanging fruit argument with more ease around it for you.Nuanced more difficult points rather than ignorant political rants is an area I suspect you are keen to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 45September 23, 2021 6:05 AM

What's going on in Texas? Some people did something, some people changed the law to make life difficult for some other people and now a whole lotta people are angry!

by Anonymousreply 46September 23, 2021 6:08 AM

R45, you keep insulting me and I insist on ignoring it. You don't interest me enough to care that much. So sorry. I wish you the best of luck in picking fights with other people.

As for Trumpian, well we can all see who's hooked up with you on the trans hysteria. It's not liberal people like me, it's right wing, fascist, trumpian fucktards. I could warn you that when they're finished using you to drive their "wedge" issue at the polls, they'll throw you on the fire right after the Trans, Abbott's going after Gay rights in Texas already, but I don't suppose warning you would do any good. Do as you wish, hate whomever you want, reap what you sow. It's the way of things.

The Trans people are here to stay regardless of your opinions about them or anyone else's opinions about them. They will live their lives as they see fit and not as you would prefer. Thus far, I find them less objectionable than I find you and your awful associates. So there you go.

by Anonymousreply 47September 23, 2021 6:26 AM

R47, read the room. Actually, just shut up. You're in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 48September 23, 2021 6:39 AM

R47, most liberals/democrats who believe in women's rights, gay rights and trans rights understand that there is some inherent between the three constructs from time to time.

We need to be able to openly discuss these tensions without name calling. With honestly, integrity and fairness.

If that is too difficult a concept for you to understand? That's okay. But maybe let the grown ups discuss things from here on out?

by Anonymousreply 49September 23, 2021 6:42 AM

This is the Datalounge, I've been "reading the room" for almost 25 years. The way we read it here may differ from the way you read it on other sites.

I have a differing opinion than your opinion on Trans people. Apparently you think you can disallow that here?

You can't. You can fuck off yourself though!

by Anonymousreply 50September 23, 2021 6:45 AM

There is nothing like a [person]

More than a [person]

The [person] in red

Three times a [person]

The [person] in me

[Person] you know it’s true

Dude looks like a [person]

by Anonymousreply 51September 23, 2021 6:52 AM

r47 I have not denied trans people's existence or their equality. I respect their trans identity.. There's nothing Liberal about denying biological sex or going for the short circuited way of trying to win an arguing by suggesting anyone who doesn't agree with you is a bigot, prejudiced, a phobic of some kind or fascist. That is not only highly illiberal but very childlike in its thinking.

by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2021 6:59 AM

Thank you r48 Much gratitude being sent your way from me 🙂👍😘

by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2021 7:00 AM

This is how they changed RBG's quote - which some people here seem to be defending:

[quote]“The decision whether or not to bear a child is central to a [person's] life, to [their] well-being and dignity. It is a decision [they] must make for [themselves]. When the government controls that decision for [them], [they are] being treated as less than a full adult human responsible for [their] own choices.”

by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2021 7:06 AM

I don't think anyone can argue that's not female erasure.

by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2021 7:21 AM

Your allies are fascists and bigots and they are using you to drive a wedge issue in American politics. Are you oblivious to that fact? They've done it with marriage equality, they've done it with abortion, they've done it with flag burning. Now they're doing it with Trans people, it's a thing they do. A cheap, shitty, opportunistic, craven and cynical thing they do. Now they're exploiting you to do it again. You may think you're using them to spread your own ideas and opinions but they're better at this than you are and more experienced.

Do they actually care about Trans in bathrooms? No. Do they care about women? Definitely not. Do they care about gender? Nope, not a bit. They care about pushing ignorant people's "wedge" issue emotional buttons and getting them to vote against their interests because - Transwomen in Bathrooms - OMG! Talk about childish.

You are known by the company you keep. It's not illegal and it's entirely up to you whether or not you allow yourself to be used by fascist right wing bigots who hate you. Best of luck to you with that.

by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2021 7:23 AM

You just described yourself r56.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2021 7:34 AM

Whatever, I've had enough of you lot for this evening.

Have a good time with your right wing pals!

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2021 7:37 AM

The funny thing is, trans theory is increasingly homophobic, declaring that "genital preferences are transphobic" and bleating "hearts not parts" offended because gay men don't want to have sex with transmen with 'front holes' and lesbians are repulsed by "Lesbians with penises" It's no different from "gay conversion therapy" advocated by right-wing fascists like Mike Pence.

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2021 7:40 AM

No one's exploiting us or me, R56. We ARE NOT RIGHT WINGERS.

I am pro choice, I'm for gay marriage, and I don't care who burns a flag as long as a forest fire isn't started as a result. How hard that to understand? It's YOU who's being used. TRA are playing on your progressive tendencies and lazy guilt to force you to swear by a complete scientific lie.

The only thing that drives me is logic. I'm a liberal Democrat because liberalism has always been the side of common sense, science and fairness. TRA are NOT liberal. They're conservatives in blue clothing. They're dogmatic. They want you, without any irony, to believe this statement: Transmen are men. And if you don't believe it? You are a bigot. Even if we ALL know that statement is false. Even if we all agree that transmen are transmen - which is awesome - and that, as such, transmen should get all the rights of every other adult, unless those rights infringe on others' rights. That's EXACTLY what far right assholes have been saying since time began.

This really isn't about a bathroom, friend. And it's not about transgender people. They're cool af. I have nothing against them and want each and every one of them to live a peaceful life. It's about something much bigger. It's about the liberalism being taken over by right wing tactics.

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2021 7:42 AM

Have a good time with your antifa pals assaulting protestors for the honor of sex offenders. This man and woman, oh sorry, this man and [person].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2021 7:48 AM

It's about fascist trans loons like Chase Strangio.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2021 7:50 AM

Do brave trans women of color not have every right to an abortion, should the need arise?

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2021 7:57 AM

What's the TRA?

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2021 7:57 AM

Holy shit, what a fucking goddamned joke. I can't even wrap my head around it.

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2021 7:58 AM

Trans Rights Activists, R64. (Not to be confused with everyday transfolks just living their lives...)

by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2021 8:19 AM

How ironic. Because of ginsberg's selfishness pretty soon, no women will be able to have abortions

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2021 8:36 AM

R41: “Don’t you oppress me!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2021 8:37 AM

Yes, I'm the Original Monty Python Troll.

What of it?

by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2021 8:42 AM

WTF is the point of editing a quote so that its fundamental meaning changes? If you disagree with a quote, don't quote it. If you do agree with it, quote it as is.

by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2021 9:04 AM

I agree r67, but the wokies have canonised RBG so it will be fascinating to see how they respond to this bizarre rewriting of her words.

It's also disgusting to erase the word woman.

by Anonymousreply 71September 23, 2021 9:16 AM

Remember when Martin Luther King gave that speech about dreaming of a world in which a [cis] child would hold hands with a [trans] child as gender-neutral siblings?

by Anonymousreply 72September 23, 2021 9:29 AM

R71, the wokes will say, "This is no big deal, transphobes are just making a fuss over nothing, RBG made that comment in a different time, she'd be glad that it's been updated to be more inclusive."

by Anonymousreply 73September 23, 2021 9:31 AM

That's what they are saying. Does that mean they intend to have every single thing ever written in human history that includes the words man, woman, she/her/hers, he/him/his rewritten? Of course the words relating to women are the ones they're really targetting.

I don't think people fully understand what the trans plan is, even those who are already critical of them. They literally want to revise 70% of language.

At least that's what I read in a Vice interview with leading transcult loon Paul Preciado, which, intriguingly I cannot link to now because there is a server problem, and not with the Vice site as a whole, just that page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 23, 2021 10:17 AM

I managed to find an archived version of that article. I wonder why there's a problem with the page on Vice. Of course, it's just an error, not deliberate, I'm sure...

[quote]You use a lot of terminology with revolutionary undertones. "The genital hierarchy," "techno-bourgeois," "necroconsumption," "the ancien sex-gender régime," etc. How necessary is the creation of new language for bringing about social transformation?

[quote]Precisely because we’re living through this shift in thinking, it’s crucial to invent new terminology and grammar. The words male, female, hetero, and homo, are outdated. We need new words which aren’t connected with identity politics. For instance, we could say “clitoridian” sexuality instead of straight and lesbian. This conceptual shift that we’ll go through is so enormous that 70% of the words that we use to define human subjectivity and social relationships will have to change. This is the task of our time, to de-patriarchalise and decolonise the classification systems that have constructed sexual, gender and race distinctions within colonial capitalism — almost everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 23, 2021 10:23 AM

Trans cultists are constantly chiding us for having a "genital fetish", yet Preciado wants us to define our sexuality according to the genitalia we're apparently attracted to, as if it's all about genitalia. So, there would be “clitoridians”. That would make the self-hating lesbian "transman" Preciado feel better about herself because then she'd be just like all the straight guys. The trans never stop to think about who the person with the clitoris might be attracted to and if she would be attracted to all the “clitoridians”.

by Anonymousreply 76September 23, 2021 10:27 AM

The ACLU is not implementing a "trans plan." Their stupid editing of the quote has not "literally silenced women" or "literally erased women."

They most likely did this because they knew it would get attention. Everyone's a goddamned troll these days. No one on either side of this issue looks good, you have the "literal erasing of all women" on one side and the "we must change actual quotes to something that won't offend anyone" on the other, and all of it is trollish.

The common sense approach would have been, if they absolutely could not bring themselves to post a quote with the word "women" in it, to choose another quote. But, again, everyone is a fucking troll these days, so they had to conspicuously edit a quote and then just wait for all the sweet sweet rageclicks to flood in.

The ACLU is and always has been prone to poorly executed public actions. They do good work but they also bait the rightwingers and extremists in ways that do more harm than good.

by Anonymousreply 77September 23, 2021 10:30 AM

The article appears on Vice on my phone (but still with a server error) but not on my laptop.

by Anonymousreply 78September 23, 2021 10:31 AM

Sure r77, that crossed my mind too, that they just wanted to get attention so that they could start introducing this notion that we need to revise language and rewrite books and texts.

But you're also very, very naive if you don't understand that this is what they actually believe. The ACLU is vehemently opposed to the use of the word woman to describe "pregnant people". "Pregnant woman" is worse than the N-word for them.

Please explain how the ACLU can discuss the highly topical issue of abortion without using the word "woman". They have literally erased that word, except for in the context of transwomen, when it's "transwomen are women".

by Anonymousreply 79September 23, 2021 10:40 AM

This thing is driving the trans agenda at ACLU. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a behind-the-scenes battle going on at the ACLU over this issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 23, 2021 11:05 AM

Trans are such a buzzkill.

by Anonymousreply 81September 23, 2021 11:12 AM

This is actually quite fitting since RBG is basically responsible for the threat to abortion rights by not retiring during Obama’s presidency, so she did her part in women’s erasure.

by Anonymousreply 82September 23, 2021 11:16 AM

And LBH a woman at ACLU comms was definitely responsible for this tweet.

So women who don’t want to be women but still want to get pregnant and have babies, have convinced ciswomen that they need to be ashamed of the biological connection between gender and procreation. And ciswomen are just going along with it.

Honestly, it tickles me.

by Anonymousreply 83September 23, 2021 11:22 AM

I hope whatever few normal people are left at ACLU are horrified by this. All these captured institutions deserve to be humiliated and endangered by the extremists, whom they've enabled. Only then will they start to disentangle themselves from the trans crap.

by Anonymousreply 84September 23, 2021 11:42 AM

Every day I wish the earth would just be engulfed in flames. People are regressing and they're selfish as a group.

by Anonymousreply 85September 23, 2021 11:43 AM

[quote]If you come across a quotation you don't like, find another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 23, 2021 12:26 PM

[quote]Self ID is not about equality and equal rights its about special treatment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 23, 2021 12:28 PM

R86 - I'm surprised by that tweet. I unfollowed Betty Bowers back in 2019 after she criticised JK Rowling for understanding basic biology. (Plus, she hadn't been funny for some time.)

by Anonymousreply 88September 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Maybe Mrs Betty has done what they all say and educated herself.

by Anonymousreply 89September 23, 2021 1:58 PM

Yeah, I'm surprised by the Betty Bowers tweet, as well. Maybe this RBG/ACLU kerfuffle is peaking a ton of people.

by Anonymousreply 90September 23, 2021 2:05 PM

Very surprised by this as well .... like r88, I also stopped following Betty after that. Since her old wonderful website went defunct, the "new" Betty has tended to be extremely smug.

by Anonymousreply 91September 23, 2021 2:39 PM

Trans is the new chronic fatigue syndrome. A nebulous condition of personal pain and endless desire for attention.

So many spoons; so many people to dragoon.

by Anonymousreply 92September 23, 2021 4:22 PM

We now live in a world where trans-men have impregnable uteri.

The ACLU has to steal from Peter to pay Paul on gender.

by Anonymousreply 93September 23, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] Trans is the new chronic fatigue syndrome. A nebulous condition of personal pain and endless desire for attention.

It’s actually the new anorexia, cutting, recovered memory syndrome, and multiple personality disorder.

And it WILL fall out of fashion eventually.

by Anonymousreply 94September 23, 2021 7:29 PM

I am Person, hear me roar!

by Anonymousreply 95September 23, 2021 11:49 PM

[quote]Trans is the new chronic fatigue syndrome. A nebulous condition of personal pain and endless desire for attention.

[quote]It’s actually the new anorexia, cutting, recovered memory syndrome, and multiple personality disorder.

It's actually the new Munchausen's and it won't fall out of fashion, just change forms as new "treatments" become socially acceptable.

When parents do it to their kids it's Munchausen's by proxy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 23, 2021 11:57 PM

r12 No. That isn't true. I despise Republicans, want equal rights for all, including those who are trans, and even I am fed the fuck up with this bullshit. It's not a hate crime to say women get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 97September 24, 2021 12:12 AM

Gay men here are all up in arms regarding gender identity.

Fragile masculinity much?

by Anonymousreply 98September 24, 2021 12:29 AM

It's not about our masculinity, r98, but more our disdain for women's stolen femininity. We all have mothers, and they are WOMEN.

by Anonymousreply 99September 24, 2021 12:40 AM

R99. OK Boris.

by Anonymousreply 100September 24, 2021 12:45 AM

There’s everyone’s signal right there to block R100.

by Anonymousreply 101September 24, 2021 1:49 AM

There are going to be nationwide rallies on October in all 50 states for Reproductive Freedom. They are being called "Women's March" I haven't heard anything yet but I expect complaints from the typical voices. The term "women's march" excludes trans and non-binary women. Or something.

by Anonymousreply 102September 24, 2021 12:44 PM

R96, the "gender" stuff is a fashionable fad and will pass. This does not mean the trans issue will disappear, however, and we "gender criticals" need to be part of shaping that debate. We need to go back to the situation in the early 2000, when only people who were truly trans could legally transition (i.e. who for whatever reason could only functionally live their lives by presenting as the other sex) and even that within a strict framework and with a series of limitations. None of this gender self-id crap, pronouns, "top surgery" as cosmetic surgery, censorship of language, Newspeak, cancelling anyone who does not believe that transwomen are women, giving out puberty blockers and hormones like candy, and keep this shit absolutely away from kids.

Above all, drop the T. Same-sex attraction and gender identity are not the same thing. Lesbians, gay men and bisexual people should not be associated with the political demands of the trans. This shit has nothing to do with us. We need our same-sex spaces, our LGB organisations, our online dating sites, our bars and clubs, our friends and lovers, our community. No more fear because we don't want to have sex with "lesbian" transwomen or "gay" transmen.

by Anonymousreply 103September 24, 2021 1:14 PM

Amen and amen, r103. Gays and lesbians need not be lumped in with "others" who have pulled up lame in the race to be outrageously different.

by Anonymousreply 104September 24, 2021 4:24 PM

Now it's the turn for cringe from The Lancet: "bodies with vaginas"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 24, 2021 8:53 PM

The madness has infected respected medical journals now. Big Brother is watching.

by Anonymousreply 106September 24, 2021 8:56 PM

R26, there are two sexes. The first blurred distinction was to say Male and Female are genders instead of sexes. Gender is like astrological sign. You can't force me to give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 107September 24, 2021 9:15 PM

Gender is like astrological sign. You can't force me to give a shit.

Point Park University in Pennsylvania says we bet we can force you if you don't want to be expelled.

“The Office of Equity and Inclusion would like to welcome in the 2021-2022 academic year with information on current policies that exist through our office and information regarding the Preferred Name Policy, instances of misgendering, pronoun misuse, and deadnaming (the use of a person’s legal ‘dead’ name instead of using the person’s chosen or preferred name), as well as resources on microaggressions and additional training,”

“any individual who has been informed of another person’s gender identity, pronouns, or chosen name is expected to respect that individual.”

“While the University recognizes the aspect of intent versus impact, we must recognize that 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕, if an individual is impacted in a harmful way, action could be taken if a complaint is filed,” the email reads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 24, 2021 9:26 PM

I was in a seminar today via zoom and the female speaker used the term "pregnant person." I audibly snorted. It's the first time I've ever heard anyone say it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 109September 24, 2021 11:10 PM

R108, is that a state college? I can’t imagine a court would approve of compelled speech.

by Anonymousreply 110September 24, 2021 11:27 PM

The Lancet tweeted about prostate cancer a few days ago... and who'd have guessed? They used the word "men". Not "bodies with penises".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 25, 2021 12:08 AM

r111 The moral logic behind these kind of actions is very bizarre .In order not to offend or hurt the feelings of an incredibly tiny number of people they decide to use words and phrases that will dehumanize and offend a great many more people. There has to be a better way of dealing with these kind of issues. It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 112September 25, 2021 2:45 AM

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 25, 2021 3:29 AM

Has The Lancet made any comment on this rather comical gaffe?

by Anonymousreply 114September 25, 2021 9:49 PM

No doubt they'll double down, r114.

It wasn't a gaffe, it was deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 115September 25, 2021 10:31 PM

Sang, girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 26, 2021 4:19 AM

You can't protect the rights of something you cannot name or define. We're next.

by Anonymousreply 117September 26, 2021 7:39 PM

Labour leader Keir Starmer actually said on the BBC that it's "not right" to say only women have a cervix. This sort of science denial would have been unthinkable just a few short years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 27, 2021 12:04 AM

r118 He has f****d the labour party with that interview which I think will be repeatedly brought up and thrown in his face in the future especially during the general election campaign.

by Anonymousreply 119September 27, 2021 2:40 AM

His statement is ROARING through twitter. People are pissed.

by Anonymousreply 120September 27, 2021 3:03 AM

Much of the criticism of Keir Starmer is probably from people like his more radical deputy party leader Angela Rayner who want to push him out. He was already a dead man walking for trying to even slightly moderate Labour.

by Anonymousreply 121September 27, 2021 3:16 AM

As long as Labour cling to the concrete albatross that is trans, they will never win another election.

by Anonymousreply 122September 27, 2021 6:04 AM

Much of the criticism of Keir Starmer from lifelong Labour voters is that he has been captured by the trans cult, outrageously has refused to stand up for Rosie Duffield, a female Labour MP who is the only one standing up for the rights of women and being viciously attacked, with serious concerns for her safety, by the loons in the party, and because he can't say that only women have a cervix. Not to mention that he's a useless leader with no valuable ideas and is offering the weakest possible opposition to the most ridiculous government. The Tories will win the next election and the next one after that.

by Anonymousreply 123September 27, 2021 7:48 AM

[quote] offering the weakest possible opposition to the most ridiculous government

So does that make Starmer comparatively-ridiculous?

by Anonymousreply 124September 27, 2021 8:12 AM

The head of the ACLU today apologized for the tweet that changed her quote. It's a lukewarm apology that deflects and justifies their action, but it is an apology. After the NYTimes blasted them in an opinion piece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 28, 2021 12:56 PM

"We shouldn't have changed it, but I'm sure RBG would have been cool with it."

🙄

by Anonymousreply 126September 28, 2021 1:13 PM

Total nonpology. It's the equivalent of "I'm sorry you feel that way", with a bit of "f you were more intelligent you'd understand we didn't mean it like that" thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 127September 28, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote] It's the equivalent of "I'm sorry you feel that way", with a bit of "f you were more intelligent you'd understand we didn't mean it like that" thrown in.

In other words a standard woke "apology" when they've stepped in it

by Anonymousreply 128September 28, 2021 1:36 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 28, 2021 2:10 PM

"Having spent time with Justice Ginsburg, I would like to believe that if she were alive today, she would encourage us to evolve our language to encompass a broader vision of gender, identity and sexuality."

FFS, the woman died ONE YEAR AGO, not decades ago, and she said what she fucking said. "A broader vision of gender" = the legal erasure of the two sex classes, which would be a disaster for not only women, but gay men as well.

by Anonymousreply 130September 28, 2021 3:04 PM

WTF does "sexuality" have to do with this issue, Romero?

Lumping us in with this mess once again.

by Anonymousreply 131September 28, 2021 3:06 PM

R130 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 132September 28, 2021 3:20 PM

exactly. She died one year ago and they're acting like she missed the last 40 years. In her final years she had multiple opportunities to talk about gender and when she did it was generally with a binary concept of it but also acknowledging Transgender rights and dignity. To think that RBG today wouldn't talk about women's rights in explicit terms is just insanity and disrespectful. That's like someone saying that if Larry Kramer was alive today he wouldn't be using the terms "gay" or "lesbian" instead of queer. Hogwash.

by Anonymousreply 133September 28, 2021 3:47 PM

For a while there I was getting ads for the ACLU about Shacarri Richardson and how racism kept her out of the Olympics.

1. No, smoking pot did. 2. All the other athletes knew not to smoke pot. 3. Pretty much every athlete under the distance of a mile is black. 4. The Jamaicans, all black, all somehow know not to smoke pot. Jamaicans for heavens sake. 5. She raced the Jamaicans after the Olympics and came in dead fucking last.

So yes, marijuana laws do disproportionately affect black people. But this ain’t it. She wasn’t arrested for smoking pot or dealing.

The ACLU is so on the woke train that they didn’t stop to think if it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 134September 28, 2021 6:00 PM

Is there anything that can be done to further destroy the ACLU and The Lancet? These people need to RESIGN. A non-apology is not going to cut it.

by Anonymousreply 135September 28, 2021 6:41 PM

"Sorry if you bodies with vaginas weren't smart enough and felt offended. The sooner you shut up and realise that it's only men and trannies that matter, the sooner we can totally forget about you".

by Anonymousreply 136September 28, 2021 7:28 PM

Police APB: "Seeking a body possibly with a penis, wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, about 6'3", husky body, caught on CCTV leaving the scene of a robbery at a bodega at 183rd Street and Broadway in which the clerk was fatally shot."

by Anonymousreply 137September 28, 2021 11:19 PM

911 call from the Moonflower Coop in Moab: "The gentleman was slapping the body with a vagina."

by Anonymousreply 138September 29, 2021 2:06 AM

"bodies with vaginas" isn't that much different from what some Texas republican politician referred to women as "host vessels"

by Anonymousreply 139September 29, 2021 2:31 AM

In radical Islam, women are nothing more than incubators to make more Muslim men. The woke cult truly is the American Talban.

by Anonymousreply 140September 29, 2021 4:55 AM

Who the fuck changes the actual wording of a quote from a decision by a SCOTUS justice who is now dead and can't defend her own language from usurpation?!

To pander to a neo-fascist group representing a tiny fraction of people who still have yet to prove that their desire to be a different sex is anything but a mental/neurological/emotional problem that they want to force all of society, including the shockingly spineless medical and legal community, to normalise.

How interesting is it that whilst the word "woman" is under increasing assault, the word "man" isn't?

The male of the species, in a staggeringly ironic exhibition of their ability to dominate, moves into the most fundamental space women possess, their very identities as women, and takes that, too, despite still carrying around that undeniable irrefutable recalcitrant stubborn Y chromosome.

Just because they cut off their cocks, get a boob job, and stuffed themselves with hormones. Under this pretence, those beings still irrefutably biologically male, take whatever the fuck they want from actual women, and never connect their massive sense of entitlement to whatever they can take from women with that Y chromosome.

You couldn't make it up.

by Anonymousreply 141September 29, 2021 4:38 PM

You forgot one thing, r141: They don't cut off their cocks. They have a "ladypenis" or a "Girldick" that lesbians are now supposed to acquiesce to. Teen Vogue even published sex guide for lesbians on how to have sex with a "lesbian with a penis".

But of course trans-"men" HAVE to slice off their female breasts as a Step 1.

by Anonymousreply 142September 29, 2021 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!