Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Exorcist 3

Did any of you see it? I like the part where the senile old lady climbs up the wall and moves across the room upside down by way of the ceiling!

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 6:27 PM

George C. Scott and Ed Flanders are great in it! That's Viveca Lindfors crawling on the ceiling. And the creature in the hospital never ceases to scare the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2021 5:14 PM

I saw it when it first came out and was profoundly unimpressed, so it surprises me how highly regarded it is now. But then I thought the first "Exorcist" was really good and scary, and now people mostly just sneer at it.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2021 5:32 PM

Funny. I found the original "The Exorcist" silly as hell when I first saw it at the Paris Theatre. I thought the book was much better.

Now, I appreciate the film much, much more. Those actors, that screenplay. The William Friedkin direction! It's worth another look.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2021 5:42 PM

I was 8 years old. It traumatized me. Especially the scene you mention, OP. Also the part where the nurse gets her head chopped off. Anything with the word "Gemini" would freak me out for years. My mom tried to accuse my dad of child abuse for letting me watch it (they were divorced). He retaliated by not letting me watch any scary movies or stay up past 9 pm for many years after that.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2021 5:43 PM

It was the first horror movie I saw to have CGI of a ghost/demon skittering along the ceiling, so that was pretty shocking, although it's been done to death since--and the famously scary scene with the ghost with the giant scissors following behind the nurse in the hallway was also very scary. The direction was far superior to the story (which was pretty cheesy and did not have much to do with the previous two Exorcist movies).

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 5:48 PM

R23 that is/was NOT a movie that a little 8 year old had any business watching! What was your dad thinking? Or maybe he wasn’t thinking.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 6:06 PM

Cruising is creepier. But the gays hate The Boys In The Band more than Cruising, so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 6:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!