Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas to individuals- “Take your masks OFF or else”

Couple was kicked out of Texas restaurant for wearing masks to protect at-risk son

Ummmmm why are they being so backwards?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2021 11:02 AM

Texas is nuts but if these parents are so worried about their kid, why are they eating in a restaurant in the first place, on top of that a restaurant where no one is masked.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2021 12:26 PM

I hate anti-maskers as much as the next person, but something about this story just isn't adding up for me. A NEWBORN infant with CF and they're eating in a restaurant in Texas?

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2021 12:31 PM

On Twitter someone posted a Facebook photo of her without a mask at a Chris Stapleton concert, taken in late August. Everyone in this story is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2021 12:35 PM

That kid is NOT impressed

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2021 12:37 PM

Lol r4

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 7:15 PM

The Reddit post about this includes some of the restaurant's reviews...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]A review from their yelp page - surprising.... Not full of the best people

[quote]4/23/2021

[quote]"If you're a female, do NOT come to this bar. The drunk patrons will inappropriately leer and grab at you (even if you're wearing the most non-provocative clothing... aka jeans, tennis shoes and a hoodie) and make you feel uncomfortable, and the bar staff will do nothing about it. In fact, if the pervert, handsy patrons are regulars... they'll kick YOU out. Avoid rapesville and go ANYWHERE else!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 9:16 PM

[quote] Everyone in this story is terrible.

The past few years, but especially the past 18 months, has brought out the absolute worst in everybody, on all sides of the political spectrum. I have never been more misanthropic.

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2021 9:20 PM

So I got a little handsy one night. What’s the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2021 9:21 PM

That's right. Keep killing your own supporters. No problem.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2021 10:06 PM

They were wearing masks but their sick, unvaccinated baby was flying bare faced? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2021 10:19 PM

I wouldn't want to eat in a restaurant with such stupid, anti-science staff. I bet they don't even wash their hands.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2021 8:35 AM

What happened was outlandish, but I'm not buying these people's story about wearing masks to protect their at-risk son. If they had a son who was at-risk why the hell did they choose to dine in a restaurant that was famously anti-mask & crawling with people with no masks on? And you know they knew that before they went inside. And even if they didn't know, the second they set foot inside they would have noticed that no one else had masks on and immediately left.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2021 11:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!