Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Sues NY Times and Mary Trump

Rachel Maddow just reported it.

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2021 4:44 PM

He's so tragic

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2021 2:18 AM

Fatso needs to worry about The Justice Dept., not trying to make fake headlines suing his niece

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2021 2:19 AM

"I think he is a fucking loser, and he is going to throw anything against the wall he can,” said Mary Trump of her uncle’s new suit. “It’s desperation. The walls are closing in and he is throwing anything against the wall that will stick. As is always the case with Donald, he’ll try and change the subject.”

- Mary Trump's answer

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2021 2:26 AM

[bold]Donald Trump Sues New York Times and His Niece Over Tax Story[/bold]

Former President Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit against The New York Times, three of its reporters, and his niece—claiming they hatched an “insidious plot” to obtain his private records for a story about his tax history.

The lawsuit, which was filed Tuesday in Dutchess County, New York, alleges that the newspaper convinced Mary Trump to “smuggle records out of her attorney’s office and turn them over to The Times” despite her having signed a confidentiality agreement in 2001. The suit demands damages “in an amount to be determined at trial, but believed to be no less than One Hundred Million Dollars” from both Mary Trump and the Times.

The suit came after Robert Trump, Donald’s brother who died in 2020, had previously sued to try and stop Mary Trump and publisher Simon & Schuster from releasing her memoir, Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man. Judge Hal Greenwald ruled in that case that the 2001 confidentiality agreement had been too vaguely defined to stop her from writing about the sitting president and noted that her publisher had not been a signatory to that agreement.

While Times reporters David Barstow, Susanne Craig, and Russ Buettner—who won the Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting in 2019 for what they revealed about the taxes the former president had refused to disclose—also weren’t party to the agreement Mary Trump signed in 2001, the former president’s new suit claims they were “directly responsible,” citing her interview with Molly Jong-Fast on The Daily Beast’s The New Abnormal podcast, while claiming the reporters were “motivated, at least in part, by their actual malice” toward Trump:

“I think he is a fucking loser, and he is going to throw anything against the wall he can,” said Mary Trump of her uncle’s new suit. “It’s desperation. The walls are closing in and he is throwing anything against the wall that will stick. As is always the case with Donald, he’ll try and change the subject.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2021 2:27 AM

Trump already screwed her once. Lets hope not again. I doubt he can afford good lawyers anymore. Or good lawyers won't work for him, for any price.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 2:31 AM

He always tries to scare everyone with lawsuits. NYTimes has some of the best lawyers around.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 2:35 AM

But Trump’s got Giuliani

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 2:35 AM

Giuliani is disbarred in NYS

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2021 2:37 AM

And frankly, r7, who could ask for anything more?

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2021 2:37 AM

This is Trump trying to distract from the investigation and upcoming indictments in the NY case against Trump Org. He'll drop this lawsuit before they even get to the discovery phase.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2021 2:38 AM

Barring corruption, this would backfire in court and expose the massive libraries of proof that Mad King Lewd Wig is a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2021 2:43 AM

I wish Barron would push him down a flight of stairs.

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2021 2:44 AM

Doesn't he know by now that if this ever went to court he would have disclose things too? Things that he probably doesn't want in the public record? Are there no competent lawyers willing to tell him he has no case? None? He needs to save his money and his time, because there have been enough lawsuits filed against him that he will be very busy for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2021 2:47 AM

So do we, r12

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2021 2:48 AM

I'm fine with him wasting money. I have a feeling he's going broke.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2021 2:50 AM

Evil gay Roy Cohn trained Trump to perfection. Get away with as much as possible. Never admit defeat and the gains on the grifts will be higher than the losses. Trump flat out told people he had to fight and grift when he lost because thats the way he does things.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2021 2:51 AM

It will also backfire on The Shart of the Deal because of the libraries full of evidence that he committed tax evasion and fraud. It will bring the I.R.S. down on the MAG-A-Lardo even more than it already is.

Those NYT fraud documents go back decades and they were leaked from the Trump Organization ledgers themselves. The courts and I.R.S. will be checking every payment and return that Darth TaxEvader ever made and it could #LockHimUp!

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2021 2:52 AM

I do enjoy Mary, and agree with her statement.

It brings me warmth to imagine him hearing Mary call him a loser.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2021 2:54 AM

Per the filing, her brazenness "cannot be understated". Gives you an idea of the top shelf legal talent he has working for him.

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2021 2:58 AM

Why can’t someone just have him committed already. The man is mentally sick like really unwell. I know because I’ve worked with Psychotic Schizophrenics before. He’s a classic case.

Here’s an example.

Delusional-These are false beliefs that are not based in reality. ... Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist. ... Disorganized thinking (speech). ... Extremely disorganized or abnormal motor behavior. ... Negative symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2021 3:02 AM

Maybe he is just posturing because this is the only way he can publicly be seen to challenge the NYT o May. He attacks them with a law suit. Like most of his othe "Lawduits" I doubt this will go anywhee.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2021 3:03 AM

Go, Mary, go!!!

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2021 3:05 AM

I really hope he goes bankrupt.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2021 3:05 AM

Why do these networks still devote so much time to his nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2021 3:18 AM

The plaintiff in any lawsuit is the first party to be deposed.... The grifter in chief will NEVER sit for a deposition in this case... The case will go nowhere. Publicity stunt.

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2021 3:34 AM

Wow…the man who’s being sued for sexual assault is rolling out his latest distraction.

by Anonymousreply 26September 22, 2021 4:13 AM

It's not just distraction. He's trying to break Mary financially. Even if the case doesn't go to court all the prep, depositions, etc cost a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2021 4:23 AM

Unfortunately Florida homes usually don't have any stairs...hurricanes, floods and old people.

by Anonymousreply 28September 22, 2021 4:28 AM

LOL! With all his loser kids he better be damned careful because Eric, Donnie Jr. and their wives, ex wives and kids are all accustomed to living high, and they will break him long before he breaks Mary Trump. None of his businesses are making money. He is fighting lawsuits and criminal charges on multiple suits. So he is fucked. He and his sons are living out of the cash register of his hotels and restaurants. And gods only know how much Melania, her parents and his youngest son cost him. I agree this was just a publicity stunt. Poor Old Don. He will be singing for his supper and hosting boxing matches like the Carnival Barker he is, for as long as he is upright.

by Anonymousreply 29September 22, 2021 4:31 AM

R29, Ivanka -- prodigal daughter that she is -- is easily the most cut-throat of them all. I could see her selling him out if she thinks it suits her future interests.

by Anonymousreply 30September 22, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote] It's not just distraction. He's trying to break Mary financially. Even if the case doesn't go to court all the prep, depositions, etc cost a fortune.

I hope she has some help with paying for attorneys' fees. However, Turd is also suing NYT, so, a lot of their filings, motions, etc., will benefit Mary as well.

by Anonymousreply 31September 22, 2021 4:48 AM

[quote]I hope she has some help with paying for attorneys' fees.

I would imagine that someone would work pro bono or for a reduced fee just to have the chance to take on Il Douche and ask him a lot of hard questions which he desperately wants to not answer.

by Anonymousreply 32September 22, 2021 5:12 AM

[quote]“in an amount to be determined at trial, but believed to be no less than One Hundred Million Dollars”

Hilarious. He's a child's idea of a big businessman.

I would love it if the suit went to discovery but it'll get killed long before then.

by Anonymousreply 33September 22, 2021 5:17 AM

Can he use his slush fund for legal fees? They really need to audit those PACs he created.

by Anonymousreply 34September 22, 2021 5:18 AM

Agree that many attorneys will volunteer to represent her for free and they will win a motion to dismiss the case before it gets anywhere. Trump hopefully will be dead by Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 35September 22, 2021 5:27 AM

Isn't he using his fake 2024 campaign to get money from the Deplorables? They're probably sending him their $300/mo. kiddie stimulus checks.

by Anonymousreply 36September 22, 2021 7:06 AM

I hope Mary Trump and the NYT countersue the shit-stained pants off his fat pasty ass.

by Anonymousreply 37September 22, 2021 11:13 AM

[quote]He's so tragic

He's so farcical

by Anonymousreply 38September 22, 2021 11:17 AM

This made me giggle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 22, 2021 11:24 AM

Trump is so going to regret this.

by Anonymousreply 40September 22, 2021 11:29 AM

MARY

by Anonymousreply 41September 22, 2021 12:12 PM

What r29 and other here have said.

As I've written before, I'm convinced, with all their coal-black hearts, Melania and Spawn wish to Satan and God that Trump would topple over dead; preferably months ago, but today will suit nicely, too.

Their social, legal, financial, familial, corporate (Trump Organization) problems all would be greatly alleviated if Trump was, finally, taking his dirt nap.

Ivanka is the most set financially, but I've got to believe that the others have salted away, at a safe remove - off shore accounts- plenty of ill-gotten gains.

And, I also agree that they'd drop a dime on the Old Man if it meant saving themselves. After all, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.....

by Anonymousreply 42September 22, 2021 12:22 PM

Trump collected several hundred million into his pac. That pack is quite well situated because I doubt debt collectors can touch it. Yet, it can be used at will for his "expenses" that he deems related to being a politician. If he loses whatever is left of his independent fortune, he can at least live in comfort until he croaks.

It doesn't seem that Biden is interested in behind the scenes lever pulling to make Trump crash and burn.

by Anonymousreply 43September 22, 2021 12:27 PM

Atta *hic* boy!

by Anonymousreply 44September 22, 2021 12:29 PM

Didn't Mary write two best-selling books about her crazy uncle? She's got cash to burn on a good attorney. Hell, I'm sure she's already had a good lawyer in her back pocket (before writing a book was even a thought).

by Anonymousreply 45September 22, 2021 12:35 PM

It's not exactly a secret that Mary allowed the Times access to Donald's data. She discusses it in "Too Much and Never Enough," and I'm assuming that if it was the sort of thing that would genuinely put her in jeopardy of $100 million in liabilities she and her publisher would never have decided to print it.

by Anonymousreply 46September 22, 2021 1:06 PM

R42, I'm convinced that Jared already has dropped a dime. He is worth a fortune now and Ivanka knows who can give her the life she has grown accustomed to. So she'd definitely cooperate. It's funny how Jared sort of disappeared from the conversations. All this book promotion going on with Woodward and Costa, and not one mention of Jared in any of it. And Ivanka is mentioned only as someone who tried to get her father to calm down, and stop the insurrection. They compared her to a stable pony that's used to calm down a nervous racehorse. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 47September 22, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote]Per the filing, her brazenness "cannot be understated". Gives you an idea of the top shelf legal talent he has working for him.

To be completely fair brazenness is a felony under U.S.C. § 1823(a)(iii)(g).

by Anonymousreply 48September 22, 2021 2:06 PM

The law firm representing him was incorporated in May of last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 22, 2021 3:35 PM

"... and not one mention of Jared in any of it."

Strange, since he was actually the President. Even though he lost his White House access, he had to be there to tell the clueless Trump how to do everything.

Jarvanka know where all the bodies are buried.

by Anonymousreply 50September 22, 2021 3:42 PM

They helped bury some of them, r50.

by Anonymousreply 51September 22, 2021 3:53 PM

Habba Slushfund

by Anonymousreply 52September 22, 2021 4:28 PM

This prestigious law firm has only four attorneys. One of the partners doesn’t even list her education credentials (psst: it was Widener School of Law), instead mentioning that she completed a negotiation class at Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 53September 22, 2021 4:50 PM

I'm guessing Donald's lawsuit doesn't mention the fact that the reason why Mary's attorneys had all that info was that she was in the process of successfully suing him for cheating her and her brother out of their inheritances.

by Anonymousreply 54September 22, 2021 4:56 PM

Has anyone else ever noticed that, with all the "advice and counsel" he has given Trump, and debate coaching, and support over the years as well as deals on state taxes when he was governor, we've never seen Chris Crispy stand in front of cameras al la Giuliani, (another Crispy "friend" )or volunteer to be Trump's lawyer???

by Anonymousreply 55September 22, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]Per the filing, her brazenness "cannot be understated". Gives you an idea of the top shelf legal talent he has working for him.

R19, that is hilarious. Thanks for noticing. What a bunch of turds.

by Anonymousreply 56September 22, 2021 5:11 PM

Really? Sued his niece? I was just wondering what that rotten ugly living human corpse was up to. I should have know it wasn't something compassionate and good.

by Anonymousreply 57September 22, 2021 5:39 PM

I guess this is how he spends his days now, plotting revenge (with golf breaks to relax). And hoping for a financial windfall. There will be no more lucky breaks like The Apprentice. And few people think having something 'Trump' is classy anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 22, 2021 5:52 PM

Haven’t most, if not all, above average attorneys pledged to the Justice Department just so that Dump could not approach them for representation? If I’m not mistaken….

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2021 11:44 AM

r12 somebody needs to be like Frank Underwood and push him down the stairs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2021 11:55 AM

Mary was on with some vloggers and she said Donnie Jr. is the absolute dumbest of all the kids.

by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2021 5:11 PM

Donald who?

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote] I guess this is how he spends his days now, plotting revenge (with golf breaks to relax.)

Now? That’s how he spent his days while in office.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2021 6:19 PM

Kushner as one of the most important people in the White House, shook down Qatar for over a billion bucks. Everyone watched it happen right in public. Kushner shook down mid-eastern states right and left. The Dems promised investigations - never materialized.

Money talks on both sides of the aisle, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2021 8:50 PM

[quote]He and his sons are living out of the cash register of his hotels and restaurants.

R29: I love the imagery of the short-fingered vulgarian shoving aside the mar-a-lago restroom attendants and fishing out the money from their tip jars. I hope they will provide photographic evidence supporting the adult diapers rumors.

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2021 9:05 PM

The money is rolling in. He's ripping-off the Deplorables who supported him, taking their hard-earned disability checks.

He an incurable thief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2021 9:26 PM

R65, there's a photo of TFG sitting at a signing desk which gives a view under the desk. You can see the outline of his adult diapers under his trousers. I don't know where it is now, but I remember a Twitter discussion along the lines of "I can't unsee that."

by Anonymousreply 67September 24, 2021 12:44 AM

Mary Trump is a good looking woman and a comparative moral giant but she has been cursed with tinymouth like the rest of the family.

by Anonymousreply 68September 24, 2021 8:38 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but who is TFG?

by Anonymousreply 69September 24, 2021 2:19 PM

The Former Guy (dump).

by Anonymousreply 70September 24, 2021 2:27 PM

Thanks, R70. I had never heard or read that abbreviation, and I think it's kinda lame, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2021 4:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!