Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyone's at Art Basel

Except most of you. But you can see some stuff here, registration is free, and skip the insane rat fuck that is Art Basel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2021 4:17 AM

Can I be bothered? A two-second glance tells me it's cold, abstruse and off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2021 1:55 AM

Anything which calls itself 'modern art' is cold, abstruse and off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2021 2:00 AM

Honey it's contemporary art not modern art. So add in ironic and cynical.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2021 2:02 AM

Raymond Reddington makes it sound so fun. On Netflix at 7:31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2021 2:33 AM

Any street kid with an iPad calls themselves "an artist" nowdays. Even Nicky Minaj called themself "an artist".

Genuine artists must be ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2021 3:16 AM

Frederic Leighton would be ashamed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2021 3:26 AM

The people that go to this are trash

You know who goes to this? reality tv weirdos. Washed up reality tv people

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote] You know who goes to this?

People who think they're trendsetters. Though the OP's link looks like 1960s 'Op art'.

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2021 3:39 AM

I was going to go, OP, but I had to attend a very important pajama party at home.

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2021 3:43 AM

Didn't someone sell a banana last year and then they ate it?

Or they sold a painting and then ripped it up?

People with too much money for sense - thinking that they are special by funding the whims of 'artists' all for a laugh.

It's disgusting. And then convincing other people with money to join the group so they can sell the same 'meh' piece of artwork for millions later.

It's a scam for money folks - just slightly different than the stock market.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote] It's a scam

You're right. Warhol said it was a scam 50 years ago but these venal scammers continue scamming.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2021 4:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!