Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, this needs a hell of a lot of work!!

Are you gayme for it?

The asking price is high, but reflects the price of land in Philadelphia, and this home is set in almost 7 acres. With the right amount of cash, effort, and of course, good TASTE, this home could be a beauty inside and out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2021 6:36 PM

It's haunted by the ghost of Tracy Lord.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 8:22 PM

It has great bones. Love it! And the neighborhood is great.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 8:23 PM

Is is stately Wayne Manor?

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 8:25 PM

It's called "Greylock." Too close to Gray Gardens.

Yes, it has good bones. Looks like somebody put in some cheap ceiling (like what you'd see in office spaces). Not sure what was going on in there.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 8:29 PM

That place could be fabulous. I already have ideas for the terrace.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 8:29 PM

I have ideas for a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 8:42 PM

Yikes! So cold, it looks like a mental hospital. We shall name it Cuckoo's Nest

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Previous owners were Missionary Sisters Servants of the Blessed.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] Previous owners were Missionary Sisters Servants of the Blessed.

Obviously not a design firm.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 9:00 PM

R7 I had the exact same impression. Looks like a long abandoned private mental hospital, in which non-consensual ECT and lobotomies were the norm.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 9:03 PM

Definitely looks like an institution of some sort with patient wards. The glassed in enclosure in one of the rooms is creepy. Strange that it has such a smallish kitchen if there were a lot of occupants at once.

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 9:09 PM

Glossy cream paint? Yeah, an institutional choice. The grounds are dull, too. That actress-abbess should’ve been in charge.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 9:24 PM

I'm thinking that Barnabas, Angelique, & Julia could set up housekeeping there just in time for the season :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 9:27 PM

I actually truly love this house, OP. In spite of the fact that it's obviously been badly abused as some kind of ill-adapted dormitory for decades before being totally abandoned, it still has a welcoming vibe due to its grandeur and the beauty of good proportions on a good site. It reminds me of my college campus... good times.

If I had the money to restore it (and that would be a LOT of money), I'd snap it up. But what in the world are those bizarre circular shapes on the ceilings of some of the rooms? Were they someone's fever dream of a design feature?

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote] "I have ideas for a horror movie."

I was thinking Ryan Murphy would love to film part of the next season of AHS here, R6. The most horrifying...those hideous fucking dropped ceilings.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Its got great bones,but easily going to cost millions to bring it back .

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2021 5:17 AM

R16 thaat was exactly my thoughts too. Clearly there are some serious water leakage issues, probably needs a reroof, and then at least a million on repairs on top

It is a beautiful old house though, too big for any one person, only a group or someone with extremely deep pockets could take this on

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2021 11:49 AM

That kind of dark stone exterior invariably looks like formstone or worse in person. The more institutional parts do look like an abandoned mental hospital. As for ghosts, it's Catholic, so more Grace Kelly than Tracy Lord.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2021 11:59 AM

I also wondered what those big circles were, r14. One looks like a design choice but this, I don't know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2021 2:26 PM

It looks like it could be a beautiful private school...or something like that. I went to a private school in an old mansion, but not as big as this one. It had the same sweeping stairways, fireplaces, rounded entryways into the rooms, wooden floors and marble. It was a private residence before becoming a school. This reminds me of it. I went for one year...didn't like it...lol. This has a lot of potential.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2021 5:41 PM

I think one of our wealthy eldergays should purchase it and turn it into the DL Home for Wayward Boys.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2021 5:46 PM

The exterior is eccentric more than anything. I like it for what it is but it's really not very good architecture. It's faux what exactly?

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2021 6:12 PM

i love it. i wish i was rich enough to fix it up

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2021 6:28 PM

I love the idea of it but I don’t think I could last a single night alone in this house.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2021 6:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!