Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

England's first Gay Retirement Community Has Just Opened In London...

don't worry when they go inside for the photograph they're all masked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2021 7:43 AM

A retirement home in England? Between those English looks and those English teeth, I'd recommend keeping everybody as masked as possible for as long as possible. Jeez, what poison to the senses!

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 6:22 PM

^ America - Land of the beautiful people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 6:24 PM

London sure is behind the times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 6:29 PM

OLD WHORES, REJOICE!

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 6:30 PM

Perhaps they should develop a gay version of the comedy show Waiting for God and call it Waiting for Gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 6:34 PM

Will there be a condom bowl at the front desk?

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 6:37 PM

R6 Why bother? When you're that age, a stroke will take you before the Hi-Five will!

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 6:38 PM

I used to live around the corner from here. It's a cool idea but I think at that age they'd just want their neighbours to be respectful and friendly, irrespective of sexuality

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 7:03 PM

Will the nurses hand out poppers and lube?

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 7:06 PM

The trannies will ruin it.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 7:07 PM

I've been to a Walmart once in my life. R2 is the only reason I'd want to go again. I want to see these people in person because I can't believe they really exist

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 7:07 PM

Just so they ‘ll know I’m hanging up my anus, boys!

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 7:22 PM

I thought it already had opened. The William IV pub Hampstead High Street.

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2021 1:54 AM

I'm distrustful of anything opened by that slimy midget Sadeeq Khan.

He's probably got posters advertising himself in every room and corridor.

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote] William IV pub Hampstead High Street

Is that where the eldergays hang out?

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2021 2:22 AM

Residents to supply their preferred gin?

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2021 2:24 AM

r2 and r11 are both vile cunts. It's called poverty, assholes. People living on $1000 a month can hardly afford bespoke suits. I truly hope you both end up on the streets, especially the smug New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2021 2:25 AM

BTW r11, congratulations on only setting foot in a Walmart once. You must be living some type of charmed billionaire lifestyle. Get fucked. No one is impressed by your shitty small mind and limited life experience. You sound like a douchey 14 year old.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2021 2:28 AM

I don't like that slogan in the OP's picture.

That glib slogan with the words 'living out' sounds like a euphemism for life being extinguished. It sounds like an advertising slogan for a crematorium.

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2021 3:21 AM

Why don’t they just move to Spain to retire like most gays.

Oh, yeah. Brexit meant Brexit.

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2021 6:46 AM

R13, it’s handier for the Quebec in Marble Arch.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2021 9:10 AM

[quote]Oh, yeah. Brexit meant Brexit.—Enjoy London in January

Why, what do you think it's like, Minnesota? It's very mild in January. Those elderly gays will be happy as a lark.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2021 10:38 AM

{R21], I'm always getting Marble Arch and Admiralty Arch confused.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2021 6:53 PM

British subjects apparently still have the right to reside in Continental Europe regardless of Brexit.

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2021 6:58 PM

R23, Marble Arch is at the Oxford Street end of Edgware Road, where they meet Park Lane. The Quebec has allegedly been a gay venue since WWII. I used to go there for one drink on a Saturday before I went on to a club. Those old boys really knew how to have fun, and they had terrific stories about how they had dodged the law/celebrities they had shagged etc. I’m going to London this weekend. I might pop in.

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2021 7:18 PM

I wanted to cut the ribbon but 'Lilibet' said no. Cow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 22, 2021 8:19 PM

R17 You say poverty is the reason people dress like that? The USA has the most affordable clothing in the world, and it doesn't cost much or take much work to look respectable and well turned out. I am not talking about only "bespoke suits". There are plenty of truly poor places on earth where the people still dress in a dignified and not humiliating way.

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2021 7:09 AM

Kate Middleton is a good example of someone who dresses expensive, yet her look is easily copied using inexpensive versions found on the British high street.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2021 7:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!