Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Iraq veteran confronts George Bush at an event

Why doesn't Chimp just stay in Texas and fingerpaint? Has he no shame?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2021 4:48 PM

I would have liked to see this happen at least once a day since 2003.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 6:19 PM

Then Ellen wonders why we don't like Bush. Bitch, that man has blood on his hands, and she's acting all buddy- buddy w him in Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 6:21 PM

Going to war with Iraq right after 9/11 was crazy to me. I could not believe how people were not asking questions about the connection, then and even now. Then came the Patriot Act, etc.

Then the Obamas decide they like the Bushes (W) on a personal level; Obama does not get the US out of the war, even when he was a lame duck.

Then comes Trump, who, of course, is not going to do anything unpopular.

Now, Biden is left with this mess of getting the US out of the war.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 6:27 PM

[quote] Has he no shame?

Obviously, OP. Sociopaths don't have the capacity for shame. Plus, he's American, which adds a few points on the sociopathic scale.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 6:31 PM

Forgot to say: now that we had Trump, who was so horrible, even to some Republicans, W feels like he's elevated in status. All sins are now washed clean, so he thinks. He's reinventing himself as some cuddly teddy bear now. Make no mistake, he is the cause of this 20-years-long war, bloodshed, suffering, etc.

If anybody's interested, Kitty Kelly wrote a book about the Bush "dynasty." Book is called "The Family." Kitty Kelly wrote about Sinatra, etc. This book lays it all out, what the Bushes are really about, money and quid quo pro with their rich friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 6:38 PM

The whitewashing of Dubya is extremely baffling to me. I was almost shocked he spoke at the 20th anniversary of 9/11 after what has come out about him and his administration after all this time.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 6:42 PM

I wonder if this guy voted for the complicit Biden, who, as noted by The Times’s foreign affairs columnist Roger Cohen, “has a long memory and was very unhappy about French dissent on the Iraq war.”

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 7:58 PM

@r6, It baffles me too. I still cringe whenever I see Bush knowing what we know now. The only thing I can think of is that he's the last example of an old-school Republican who's considered somewhat sane. They trot him out as if to say, "We can work with "normal" Republicans, here's an example"

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 8:11 PM

I’ll never understand why Michelle Obama gets along with this asshole. The photos of them hugging and behaving like BFFs reminded me that it’s all about the one percent. They look out for each other.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2021 4:02 PM

@R9, Michelle Obama gets along with him because deep inside, they are both the same. After all, her own husband is as much of a war criminal as the chimp-faced old bastard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2021 4:07 PM

Hard to hear r10, but you are right…it’s not about us at all…they look out for themselves and their corporate donors. The past decade has made me so bitter and distrustful towards politicians.

And let’s not forget how badly W handled Hurricane Katrina. His human rights violations are blatant. But look at who his father was.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2021 4:18 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote]Forgot to say: now that we had Trump, who was so horrible, even to some Republicans, W feels like he's elevated in status

^^ This.

Trump was the best thing that ever happened for W’s legacy.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2021 4:33 PM

There is no easy and clean way to leave a war that you started and we the people and the media expect it to be done clean and easy and attack when the leader isn't able to do the impossible. That perpetuates the mistake of going to war because no leader wants to be blamed for losing a war when technically just walking away isn't losing, it is deciding not to fight anymore.

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2021 4:41 PM

And now we have to take in tons of refugees…

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2021 4:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!