Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chet from "Emergency!" is No Longer Shopping the Pig.

Non-"Emergency!" fans may know him as Tim Donnelly, star of MST3K classic "Parts: the Clonus Horror," the '70s movie that was later ripped off by "The Island."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2021 7:05 PM

No Tim Donnelly fans? Weird...

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 12:35 PM

Not a Tim Donnelly fan, but a huge fan of that MST3K episode.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 12:37 PM

Oh, he was fun on Emergency!, it was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 12:38 PM

Is this AGC?

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 12:56 PM

It's AGC and crossposted to ASG.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 12:57 PM

I used to read both on Usenet back in the day. Yes, I'm old.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 1:01 PM

I did as well and I'm so old I have now forgotten what the other saying was, about being put in a cabinet? Like that lady's stuffed cat?

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 1:02 PM

I remember the days of Emergency!, of shipping the pig, and wearing onions on our belts.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 1:06 PM

R7, in the stereo cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 1:06 PM

He was on Dragnet lots of times as well. Just saw him recently playing a mental case teenager who would break open display cases at movie theaters to steal the one sheets of movies about some caped superhero he was infatuated with. He also played a dog thief who horded the stolen dogs in an old house just to return them to the owners for a reward, and a married man and father of a toddler who smoked dope a lot with his wife, until they got high one night and let their baby drown in the bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 1:09 PM

R10, I was just out on IMDb looking to see if he was the dad in the infamous drowned baby episode. What an absolute mess of propaganda that episode was.

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 1:27 PM

He looked like Ron Jeremy

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 1:28 PM

Wow, haven't heard "Shopping the Pig" in years.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 1:33 PM

One of my favorite shows as a kid. I loved all the fire crew bantering at the station house and their constant teasing of John Gage. My sisters had a crush on Randolph Mantooth, while I was secretly having daddy dreams about the more mature Robert Fuller.

RIP Tim.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 1:39 PM

My seven year-old loves this show and goes around diagnosing everyone with A-fib and diabetes now, thanks to this.

His character was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2021 6:28 PM

I’m just tripping that someone else on this board knows about Jems. RIP buddy.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2021 6:45 PM

The drowned baby episode was on Dragnet again this morning. I must admit, Tim looked pretty fetching with his short hair and button down office look.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2021 5:42 PM

Chet was definitely the "comic relief" character.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2021 7:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!