Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

They should have worn masks at the Emmys and Met Gala.

Dumb move. They have just handed conservative media a major talking point. The staff had to wear masks but not the stars. (although Michael Douglas wore one going in though Ms. Zeta-Jones did not. Age and cancer I guess. )

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2021 7:39 PM

Bad move to have only the non-audience members at the Emmys donning masks. It just confirms the perceived elitism that red staters have of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 5:52 AM

They didn't show most of the nominees on camera like they usually do with that split screen of the 5 nominees. Some nominees got all dressed up, risked their health and didn't even get on camera.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 5:55 AM

Not a good look but the Emmys were in a tent outside (that seemed pretty sealed on TV). And the red carpet at The Met was outside, although the photographers don't like having cars in the background in most shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 5:58 AM

People feel better looking upon a youthful face. It was the least I could do.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 6:00 AM

I hear Olivia Colman's table all broke out with hoof and mouth disease this morning. She's a superspreader.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 6:09 AM

They’re all vaccinated, so why do they have to be wearing masks?! I guess I have more confidence in the science.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 6:10 AM

Masks, distancing, and lockdowns are only for people who don't contribute millions to Gavin

LA County’s Health Officer order requires residents to wear a mask indoors — whether vaccinated or unvaccinated — but “exceptions are made for film, television, and music productions,” the Department of Health said in a press statement, defending the maskless Emmys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 6:12 AM

Fox "News" employees and their ilk have long been vaccinated and take precautions but lie every day on camera to promote conspiracy theories instead of facts that might save lives while raking in millions.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 6:25 AM

What about theater r7?

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 6:32 AM

Nicki minaj claimed 80% of stars are anti vaxxers, if true I wonder if they're anti masters as well.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 6:38 AM

I'm pretty sure Jada is an anti-master.

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 6:39 AM

I would question if anything Dr. Minaj has to say has any truth.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 6:44 AM

Lmao meant anti masker

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 6:45 AM

R6 do we have to fucking explain this to you half a dozen times a day?

You do what you want, we'll do what we want. Shut the fuck up asking this bullshit for the 57th time.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 6:55 AM

Dr Minaj knows a lot about her cousin, her cousin's friend, and his testicles. And brainiac Tucker Carlson is on the warpath to scoop this shit for Fox. Go Tucker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2021 6:56 AM

R14, maybe you can explain it to the attendees at the Emmys, who don’t seem to get it, either. And then explain your thinking to no less than David Leonhardt, the Times’s COVID writer, who also fails to grasp this continuing pressure on the vaccinated healthy to wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2021 7:20 AM

Nope. We've explained it to you braindead fuckers more times than we need to and you refuse to comprehend it. You choose not to understand and that's fine, don't.

Wear your mask and shut the fuck up. Covid isn't finished with us yet.

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2021 6:09 PM

Here is what has been published this month by the notoriously COVID-denying NYT:

9/7 print edition: Delta “is far more contagious than earlier versions of the virus and calls for precautions that were not necessary a couple of months ago, like wearing masks in some indoor situations.

But even with Delta, the overall risks for the vaccinated remain extremely small.”

9/10 print edition: “While Delta is certainly more contagious - and it’s contagiousness does call for some new precautions, like more frequent mask wearing - its severity does not appear to be fundamentally different. …

Maybe this frame is helpful: For children and vaccinated adults without other major health problems, there are a lot of reassuring signs. Covid appears to present less risk than some other daily activities. Among Americans under 17, fewer than 500 have died of Covid since the pandemic began; many more - a few thousand every year - die in vehicle crashes.

As [Dr. Robert] Wachter [of the University of California, San Francisco] said about Covid this week, ‘Risk is low enough to live life, high enough to be careful.’”

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2021 7:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!