Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I finally watched Season 13 of RuPaul's Drag Race.

I have to say, the queens they selected this year created excellent television. This group was a lot of fun, there were many to root for, they weren't as annoying and eye-rolling as in some seasons past and the fashion and the general creativity was off the charts.

I don't always enjoy it this much, but the show has developed an excellent formula which is equal parts drag, fashion, heart string tugging, elimination contest, and a positive "Love yourself" message. Even the "transman" Gottmik was a superb contestant.

Did everyone else enjoy it?

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2021 1:14 AM

It was a mess. Tina Burner should have gone week 2. They pushed Mush mouth Kandy Muse when she too should have gone after Tisha Iman our performed her wearing a colostomy bag. Olivia Lux over Denali??? seriously?? I love Symone' she deserved the win but they catered to too many people who were just not up to par.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote]OP: Did everyone else enjoy it?

No.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 2:36 AM

r2 is home at the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 3:42 AM

The airheads who run this show are so pathetically woke that they’re making dumb decision after dumb decision.

Jada Essence over Gigi Goode? No. (Blm) Symone? (Fine but more blm) Kylie Sonique over Ginger minj (trans agenda)

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 4:36 AM

R2 was R1, but since the idiots here do not know what to do at R1 because they're coming and crapping their usual SM crap with no sense of context, one does what one can.

Not that what R1 is in any way wrong. She's just ignorant about what her job is here beyond "saying her truth."

And of course RuPaul's Drag Race is affected not just by not the racist, consumerist, manipulative pressures of the unpleasant world of technology, victim worship and taking advantage of people (drag queens) to keep a too-large industry going, it's affected by the many peculiarities of RuPaul Andre Charles, and they ain't all nice.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 4:46 PM

I posted R1 - and I am not R2. so suck it r5.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 6:59 PM

Season 13 of RPDR is not one that I'm in a hurry to rewatch, especially any episode after Tamisha's exit.

[quote]Jada Essence over Gigi Goode? No. (Blm) Symone? (Fine but more blm) Kylie Sonique over Ginger minj (trans agenda)

Then maybe Gigi should have transitioned on the show, instead of a year later. Perhaps that would have given her the win, if 'Trans Agenda' > 'BLM' in the hierarchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2021 3:30 AM

Lip-syncing is so TIRED.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2021 4:39 AM

Oddly, the toxic Trans agenda didn't ruin Season 13, as Gottmik was a great, fun contestant.

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2021 7:01 AM

No, OP R2 is correct. Season 13 is a noted low point in the series. SO many mistakes.

Yes, the lipsyncs episode one were OVERDONE. As one of the more exciting points of a show, don’t over do it.

#Justice4Denali. The judging was out of touch this season.

All of the queens seemed so young (except for Tamisha). Utica got way messy towards her end but she did turn out that sleeping bag look. LaLa Ri and that horrible bag look on stage. Apparently Elliott is a racist. People have already forgotten Joey Jay.

Kandy Muse was over promoted and yes she should’ve went home when Symone beat her in the lipsync. There WAS an obvious agenda as the Top 4 was Rosé (a white queen), Mikk (a trans queen), Symone (a black queen), and Kandy (big/latino).

My $0.02? Drag Race España > DRDU > DRUK2 > S13

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2021 7:17 AM

Tamisha Iman is still being a mess on the social medias

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2021 7:56 AM

Gigi Goode is "trans"???

I guess there can't be anymore nancyboys now because they'll be transed out of existence!

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2021 1:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!