Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Subway

Do they not have any drive thrus? None near me has it. Seems very limiting for their customer base.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2021 7:42 PM

They used to have drive thrus in the 80s and 90s at stand alone stores.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 1:57 AM

Drive thru at make to order places like Subway are not a good mix, the line would take forever. I assume Subway is still make to order, haven't ate there in over decade.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 2:02 AM

Are you concerned about Covid? Or the 40 calories you'll burn walking from your car into this place?

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 2:05 AM

Fresh before your eyes is the point of the franchise. Former spokesman Jared had a taste for fresh chicken.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 2:06 AM

Went for the first time in years. Holy shit the rolls are tiny now. They might be twelve inches long but they are dam skinny now.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 2:10 AM

It's still my go-to in a pinch. Can do worse. And I still love the tuna, why the hell would they fake the cheapest fish on the market? I don't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 2:18 AM

It is impossible to have a drive-thru at a place like that when karen's have to special order everything.

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 2:57 AM

Jimmie John's has a drive thru.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 3:01 AM

Why are you going to a shithole "restaurant" like Subway anyway?

There are easily half a dozen other places you could go to that are so, so, so much better

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 3:54 AM

Subway smells like dirty ass.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 4:36 AM

The one near me has a drive-thru. It's a fairly new store.

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 5:16 AM

Why does Chipotle not have a drive thru?

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 5:39 AM

Drive thrus are bad for the environment and are only for trailer trash to use.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 5:51 AM

Many people will never set foot inside a fast food restaurant because it’s trashy but they would go through the drive-thru.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 6:21 AM

[quote]Why are you going to a shithole "restaurant" like Subway anyway?

It's not a restaurant Dear, it's a sandwich shop.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2021 2:16 AM

There is only one location near me that has a drive thru. I think I went through it once back in the 90's That location is never busy though so it wasn't that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2021 5:25 PM

The majority of Subway's customers can't afford to own a vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2021 5:29 PM

I happen to really like Subway - their classics menu- the cold sandwiches. None of that fake Tyson rubber chicken. I like that it's made to order. How hard is it to park and walk into a Subway store?

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2021 5:30 PM

Best sub sandwich commercial ever ... 😜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2021 5:31 PM

What can you hate about a place where you can order a foot-long spicy Italian?

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2021 5:32 PM

Bmt whlole grain bun , with everything sans the pickle, v and oil, provalone cheese HEAVEN

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2021 5:57 PM

I like subway but gave it up after I got sick eating there. It could have been the turkey breast but it was probably the vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2021 8:41 AM

it kind of doesn't fit the model...i.e. the customization part of your sandwich. it's kind of hard to do that unless you are standing there in front of the ingredients. it's a bit the same w/Chipotle, although i have ordered Chipotle via Doordash more than once. Never seen a drive-thru Chipotle either.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2021 8:47 AM

Quiznos pretty much went out of business in our area. The last time i went there (at least 3 years ago), when i walked in, the place smelled horrible. I can't remember what the smell was exactly but both myself and the party i was with opted out of ordering anything and went elsewhere. that location went out of business.

However, i will say that they are the #1 reason Subway started offering toasting their sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2021 8:52 AM

You type fat.

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2021 8:54 AM

The obnoxiousness of Subway’s Made Fresh motto. Their lettuce comes presliced and bagged up in Mexico

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2021 9:01 AM

[quote]The obnoxiousness of Subway’s Made Fresh motto. Their lettuce comes presliced and bagged up in Mexico

Oh please, Subway’s lettuce is pre-shredded not pre-sliced. Jeez

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2021 10:28 AM

I have to agree Subway smells like dirty ass.

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2021 12:53 PM

I don't know what asses you people have been around. I think Subway smells great, better than the food tastes.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2021 7:03 PM

Subway is sickening in every way.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2021 7:15 PM

I like the veggie patty (that's the name of it) foot-long sandwich, toasted, lots of mustard (pickles, peppers, vinegar as well).

Jersey Mike's has been popping up in my area. More expensive, I think.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2021 7:16 PM

I loved Quiznos, but all the locations that were near me have since closed down. Apparently it had something to do with corporate requiring the franchisees to purchase all their products directly from them at steep costs instead of allowing them to get them from local food suppliers, making it difficult for them to turn a profit.

At one point they were even testing out a breakfast menu when I visited a location in NYC, and it was awesome. They cooked the eggs and bacon fresh by putting them on a metal plate and running them through their toasting oven.

Jersey Mike's is solid. DiBella's is great too but a bit pricey - but their subs are enormous and they put a ton of lunch meats in them.

Firehouse Subs is lousy. They're so weird in how they prepare their hot subs. They put the meat and cheese on a piece of wax paper and steam it while the bun is toasting. It comes out all water logged and soggy.

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2021 7:38 PM

I have a couple of Vietnamese takeout restaurants in my area, really good sandwiches. So, that competes in the sandwich market in my area.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2021 7:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!