Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sarah Dash is Dead to Me

No one else would do it. Rest in peace songbird. Such a beautiful creamy soprano voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2021 4:30 PM

I love her daughter Stacy.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2021 1:04 AM

Not funny R1. A great singer that made some great music with her groups (Patti LaBelle & The Bluebells & LaBelle) but solo as well.

My personal favorite was her Patrick Cowley-produced, Hi-NRG number 'Lucky Tonight'. [Sylvester's backing vocals are front & center]. Rest In Peace beautiful Sarah Dash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2021 1:42 AM

Oh, very sad. I'm glad they all reconciled and made more music, one more time.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2021 1:45 AM

Got my vinyl out, tears in my eyes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2021 1:48 AM

I love her seasoning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2021 1:56 AM

Sarah's biggest solo hit was her Disco smash, 'Sinner Man' in 1978. I'm sure many an old queen on these threads remembers working the danceflooor to this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2021 1:59 AM

'Sinner Man' "live"......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2021 2:01 AM

Her first solo album was really terrific, one of my favorites of all time. Such a lovely voice. Sad news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2021 2:22 AM

r7 and r8 - thanks for posting those

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2021 2:57 AM

Gurl.

No.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2021 3:03 AM

R10 no one asked your

STANK!

ass

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2021 1:25 PM

Sarah Dash on the right, I presume?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2021 1:34 PM

Beautiful nightbird. Labelle is my favorite vocal group. Sarah was the sensual anchor for Patti's hyper-emotive delivery and Nona's cerebral songwriter. I am so glad I got to see the Labelle reunion tour all those years ago.

Here is a lovely song by Brenda Russell she recorded. RIP, Sarah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2021 2:42 PM

Keechee keechee yaya bump. I thought the gays loved soulful black women.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2021 8:01 PM

Has Cindy Birdsong commented?

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2021 3:49 AM

r15 No. Susan Dey paid her hush money.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2021 4:54 AM

Here's LaBelle and Cher doing a performance of What Can I Do For You? Cher is trying to keep up in the end, LOL., but you can her Sarah's powerful soprano sustaining throughout the entire performance. Those women were powerhouses in their prime. I'll give Cher credit for keeping up, barely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2021 3:44 PM

Cher did her very best @r17. I applaud her for trying to keep up with Labelle. Vocally, Labelle was next level.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2021 3:50 PM

I don't rate her "Time Is on My Side." Irma Thomas and the original version with those Warwick Sisters has her beat.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2021 4:14 PM

We seriously need to address the LSA trolls on this site as of late. We get it, you hate gay men.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2021 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!