Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why does China think it gets to control the worlds thoughts?

These guys are such ASSHOLES.

For the stubs who is not allowed to criticize his own country, under threat of death camps, let’s do it for him.

CHINA SUCKS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 21, 2021 5:24 PM

China is a disgusting cesspit and everybody knows it. Stop being such pussies and stand up to these parasites.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2021 4:48 PM

Yawn. What's it to me? Fuck off. I have my own problems.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2021 4:51 PM

Would anybody put it past these people to infect the rest of the world on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2021 4:52 PM

Get rid of China and the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2021 4:52 PM

Parasites are deadly when left untreated. When left to do whatever they want to whoever they want with no consequences.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2021 4:53 PM

China is sucking all the resources out of the rest of the world after they sucked America dry and left it on its knees.

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2021 4:53 PM

Why does everyone cow tow to China and bend the knee to them?

The next person or company who caved to these assholes is going to get a canceling like never before.

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2021 4:55 PM

Kowtow.

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2021 4:56 PM

They're fucking delusional.

The funny thing is, during the 1500's, China was the wealthiest country in the world, and they could afford to sit on the sidelines while Europeans and Africans fought for resources. Now they're trying to play catch-up after falling to the bottom of the barrel, and they're shocked they can't rely in coercive tactics.

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2021 4:56 PM

I want to see the world smack these people back down.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2021 4:58 PM

You will R10.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2021 5:01 PM

They can not just get away with spreading this deadly virus around the world. Trump made it so much worse but these jerks are 100% responsible for so many people being dead.

A country that controls everything, every little thing, supposedly made this huge accident?

I don’t think it was an accident but that is besides the point.

Even if it was, they are negligent and responsible.

The question is will the world hold them accountable? They need to pay the u.s 1.5 trillion at least.

Let’s sue them in international court. If you lost a loved one, you have a claim. Let’s sue these evil tyrants to oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2021 5:01 PM

If you see elite Americans not holding these cretins accountable then you know they are on the payroll.

Democrats need to push back against all these human-rights comprises. Hold the line

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2021 5:03 PM

China isn't a nation-state. That's just its modern form. It's a civilization with its own rules. All Chinese are part of China, and the state has always been supreme in China: there has been no other supreme authority like a church.

It operates by its own rules. You're imposing your own understanding of what China supposedly is. It's not what you think.

Learn something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2021 5:24 PM

They are not the boss of me.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2021 5:32 PM

They don’t get to tell everybody what to do. We can criticize anybody we want to. The leadership there have no ethics or morals and are depraved.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2021 5:35 PM

“China isn't a nation-state.” Did I miss a post? Who said it was.

Red herring much?

Anyway, screw that craphole and their psycho leadership. We need to speak up against that dump of a country because this student can not.

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2021 5:38 PM

If they don't want the world to misjudge them, Shithole China should come clean about the origin of covid-19. And I don't believe that they don't know it. The Chinese authority knows how many drops of shit their people dump every day!!! They've got to know where the fucking covid plague came from.

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2021 5:41 PM

R17, OP's post is premised on the idea that there are limits to what's within a nation's state's legitimate purview. China isn't really a nation-state, but rather a civilization with dominion over all Chinese people, so those supposed limits don't apply.

But maybe you know better than Kishore M. You're invited to the Kennedy School all the time, right?

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2021 5:42 PM

I'm buying the new iPhone today. So there. Go America!

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2021 5:42 PM

China is getting too big for its britches. They think they are boogie now because they no longer take our trash.

Well I got news for these losers, they will always be the world’s dump in my eyes. Too scared of even a little tiny little crotons from a college student thousands of miles away. What cowards. They are bullies and pimps. They will do anything for a dollar. These are some of the sleaziest, low-down people on the PLANET!

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2021 5:42 PM

crotons = criticism

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2021 5:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2021 5:44 PM

Go live there if you love them so much. I bet you wouldn’t make it a day in that hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2021 5:45 PM

Don’t click on those shady YouTube videos they will store your info

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2021 5:45 PM

They are always trying to take over another country when they can’t even run the dump they have now. Dead babies in the streets and yet they want more territory?

They need to get their priorities straight.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2021 5:47 PM

So are they going to pay up for all this Covid mess or what? Are we just going to take it on the chin?

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote]Why does everyone cow tow to China and bend the knee to them?

$$$. There is no other answer. And the longer the west kowtows the more powerful China gets. It's interesting watching them use our own weakness (for delicious, nutritious MONEY) against us, in a sort of nausea-inducing way. They know exactly what they're doing, they know our addictions, they know the west increasingly shows no willingness or ability to come together (quite the opposite within many western countries - and between them).

But they're acting like petty playground bullies, throwing their weight around when diplomacy would be the better option and I'm almost grateful for it. They'd be smarter to play it cool, keep genociding their own people but do it whilst schmoozing the west, giving us our cheap shit, playing nice. Instead they're fucking with us, and they're doing it too soon (the United States is still the most powerful nation on earth). It's waking people up. Normal western citizens. Hopefully not too late.

Resist Huawei in western infrastructure. Do not purchase or use Huawei phones or tech.

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2021 5:50 PM

China is just not that sophisticated. They are still using old time communist methods.

They would do better with the lies and fake news channels like the US. That way, the populace will feel honored and censor their own thoughts themselves. and even pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2021 5:50 PM

they need to SLAP it

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2021 5:51 PM

I will not do business with any company that goes along with this crap.

I am only one person, but I will not go along with this. It makes me sick to see American companies be told what to do by foreign dictators and they listen. They comply. Stomach turning.

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2021 5:54 PM

China is receiving more cultural pushback from younger generations than they're probably comfortable with/want to let on.

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2021 5:58 PM

America’s the one to blame for this Frankenstein’s monster. If y’all hadn’t been so avaricious for cheap, throwaway goods and made do with less (and slightly pricier, domestically manufactured goods), China would not be the juggernaut it is today. But no, your generation need the latest TV, the latest clothes, the latest car, the latest phones, the lastest gray furniture, etc. So much for the frugality of generations past.

And unlike America, they haven’t waged war on anyone. Genocide on Uighurs? Well, can’t stand on anything when we’ve kept people (including minors) in Guantanamo for two decades without a trial by creating a new extra-Constitutional term for them. We have no moral high ground after waging wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam. At least China is smart enough to form alliances through economic initiatives, as they’re doing in Central Asia and Africa.

And if you think you’re not being surveilled by your phone, you’re living in La La Land. Our government doesn’t have to do it when Facebook is doing it for them.

It’s the century of the yellow man and whites are having trouble accepting it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote] Let’s sue them in international court. If you lost a loved one, you have a claim. Let’s sue these evil tyrants to oblivion.

The line is that way ——>.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2021 6:08 PM

People are allowed to criticize countries for being evil and putting their own citizens in concentration camps and harassing neighboring countries and always trying to rip off everyone. If you don’t like the criticism you can change for the better. Let those people go free! Leave those other countries alone. Try to be fair in business and stop ripping off everybody. That is a better option than silencing critics.

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote] But no, your generation need the latest TV, the latest clothes, the latest car, the latest phones, the lastest gray furniture, etc.

And surely you're not typing to Datalounge on some cheap phone or laptop produced in China.

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2021 6:09 PM

The Covid stuff is still within the statue of limitations and I think 1.5 trillion to America could help build back some of the infrastructure lost to overseas tyrants.

I am open to more money because they’ve done a lot of damage to the US economy from Covid. Not to mention human loss, pain and suffering from the negligence of letting that deadly virus out. How do you put a price on the damage that China has caused? Definitely trillions. We could all get settlements.

They have the money. So they should be sued to oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2021 6:12 PM

"Genocide is no big deal because some other people did bad things too."

I see your shitty, morally fucked whataboutism, R33.

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2021 6:17 PM

Fat deplorable racist in DL blaming China for everything wrong with the world again. The same one who replaced a senile old fool in the White House with another senile old fool and called it "progressive".

by Anonymousreply 39September 20, 2021 6:18 PM

Yes, China sucks, but have you ever heard of the Chinese Exclusion Act? America also sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 20, 2021 6:23 PM

[quote]And surely you're not typing to Datalounge on some cheap phone or laptop produced in China

I have been buying Made-in-Taiwan stuff for years. Fuck the shithole Chinese trash!!

by Anonymousreply 41September 20, 2021 6:25 PM

We need that again R40. For the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2021 6:25 PM

And China.

by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2021 6:26 PM

R9 "bottom of the barrel" What year do you live in? You probably still think USA is the most powerful superpower in the world, right?

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2021 6:27 PM

USA miles above China though! Most Western countries (as well as Japan) are way ahead of them.

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2021 6:37 PM

We're being lied-to. About 10% of us realize it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Hey it's Monday, so we need a China bashing thread to start your week!

by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2021 6:44 PM

R38 I see your hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2021 6:46 PM

Gays love Islam AND China.

by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2021 6:47 PM

We are barely surviving Covid as one people, just lurched our way out of Afghanistan, inflation is booming, debt is rising. So yeah, let's take on a country with as many if not more natural resources as we do, a greater manufacturing capacity, population, indoctrination, stronger political will, and the ability to think beyond the short term. Let's devote an even bigger percentage of our economy to a long cold war or quick hot war as our standard of living slips even lower. This is how empires and nations die and Im sure is EXACTLY why China wants to push this narrative any way they can.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2021 6:47 PM

R36 I’m not bitching about China. Fair play to them. That’s how consumerism and capitalism works and they’re beating the West at its own game.

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2021 6:48 PM

Check out the stock market today. All that red is because a Chinese real estate conglomerate is on the verge of complete collapse.

China's economy is a house of cards. The one child policy will ensure economic and societal collapse because it was kept in place decades too long.

All the hand-wringing about China is hilarious. When every other world power rose to the top, all they had to focus on was growing their economy and improving the quality of life of millions. China has to worry about the increasing threat of social unrest, which means a great deal of attention has to be paid to controlling 1.5 billion people!

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2021 7:00 PM

We got nukes for the gooks.

by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2021 7:33 PM

Wow look at all the Chinese Farm trolls trying to defend China's honor. Even Boris won't touch this.

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2021 7:45 PM

American *is* the world's most powerful superpower, R44. China is very much on the rise and America (and the west in general) so far seems to be failing completely at resisting the forces of western division. But if it came down to it right now, today? America would win. They far out-clout any other nation on earth when it comes to raw firepower, and we as a species have definitely not evolved beyond firepower.

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2021 7:47 PM

It'll actually be interesting to see how Boris handles China, R54. Right now it serves both to poke the US, but the minute one perceives the other as a threat is the minute that enemy-of-my-enemy cuddle sesh is over. My prediction is that China will squash Boris.

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2021 7:49 PM

I'm disgusted by how servile all of our Western politcians are to China. Those distopics commies with no soul are literally buying everything. I agree with the other DLs who say to get rid of it + islamic countries.

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2021 7:50 PM

Wow r14/r19 is seriously trying to come and defend the Chinese communist parties action. Fuckin christ.

It's a totalitarian government trying to exert control over its citizens, we have seen these before and we will see them again.

The government has been trying to overreach recently and hopefully that will lead to more of the young generation wanting to rebel. They are doing this because they are desperate to maintain their control.

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote] a country with as many if not more natural resources as we do

Not even close, r50. The US has more oil, gas, coal, timber, and fresh water than China does.

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2021 7:57 PM

I have R19 blocked and I only ever block trolls, 3 in total. Advise others to do the same, DL is much more peaceful without them.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2021 7:58 PM

The Rise and Fall of China

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2021 8:00 PM

How I see it — China has always followed a cyclical history. When “the mandate of heaven” is followed and an emperor/autocrat is at the helm, it reaches its apex. But that’s always a ticking time-bomb. Sooner or later, an internal conflict or issue will arise, then overnight, the consolidated, united superpower will be brought to its knees.

Wait a couple of decades or so, or perhaps when Xi passes away, a groundswell of frustration will come to the fore, and China will be forced to open up and take a different, more friendly tack again.

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2021 8:09 PM

Just to add: Xi has been beavering away, of course, to steer China away from that vector. He’s sizing up data and technology and considering whether they can allow him to make the ‘totalitarian’ regime he’s building sustainable.

At the end of the day, I don’t think that’s gonna work

by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2021 8:12 PM

R62 I have studied the mandate of heaven and Chinese history. It's fascinating, but that was regarding the emperors and the aristochratic structure. China has been communist for almost 100 years. Communism is a complete destruction of traditional assets, not even Russia is out of it yet (with Putin still cherishing the Soviet memory and being an ex KGB and proud commie). I don't see communism falling in China anytime soon, unfortunately. If anything, looks more like we are becoming like China, with mass control of population, endemic poverty and loss of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 64September 20, 2021 8:15 PM

R64, yeah. I do agree that Maoism has altered China to its core, but I still believe — or perhaps I would like to believe — that the way it’s been acting today under Xi can be explained, in part, by its imperial past, thereby implying the possibility of the country reverting back to openness.

Maybe it’s just me being holding out hope, because we can all agree that Xi’s ‘digital totalitarian’ model is not something that humans can stomach — democrat or otherwise. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 65September 20, 2021 8:26 PM

Don’t ever be afraid to speak out against authoritarians. Remember that XI is just another human and does not have magical powers. People have to give him power for it to hold. He has no innate power. He’s just flesh and blood.

He is just another schlub. Don’t forget that.

by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2021 8:59 PM

China seems to be deliberately be putting fentanyl into the America drug supply to kill us off where they can. Can we sue them for that too?

I don’t remember this crap being in everything before. How many people have died from this?

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2021 9:02 PM

Great video R61. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2021 9:04 PM

Let’s all say what the college kid can’t say.

Let’s all tweet for him and make Facebook posts for him.

No government can whine and complain when citizens speak out. It’s the only way to check their power.

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2021 9:04 PM

Don’t click on videos unless you know where they come from.

Don’t just post random yt vidoes without a source for crying out loud.

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2021 9:05 PM

XI is a punk bastard who hides behind his army but he wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a torture camp with his delicate, spoiled disposition. He is a brat that always got his way and never told no. He wants it all. And must be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2021 9:14 PM

The deplorables and liberals all agree that China must be stopped from making trouble all over the world. They are a menace. They are never held to account and get away with everything.

Let’s see inside those torture camps. Let’s see how the communist sausage is made and then have the nerve to compare countries.

China and it’s cohorts are the root of all the the world’s evil.

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2021 9:17 PM

It’s the one thing that can unite all Americans. China needs to be held accountable for the deaths of so many Americans.

Can’t they at least start WITH AN APOLOGY?

Isn’t that the very least they can do?

All the families of the victims of Covid need to take class-action against them. These were senseless deaths.

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2021 9:20 PM

Where did SARS come from? MERS?

Don’t tell me…

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2021 9:21 PM

If you don’t stop them now then something even more deadly will be released by them. What’s next?

Each thing seems more deadlier than the last.

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2021 9:21 PM

I hope that liberals will join the deplorables in calling it the China virus which it is.

by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2021 9:23 PM

R12 = typical American dumbarse. “Let’s sue China for $1.5 trillion!!!!!11111”

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2021 9:38 PM

Just wait until China forces Apple to give it the ability to blacklist Americans (and other foreigners) from using an iPhone if they piss somebody in China off. Don't tell me you can't see China actually DOING something like that, because you KNOW they'd do it in a heartbeat if they thought they could beat Apple into submission and get away with it.

Even if Apple could move iPhone production abroad, what percentage of the iPhone's components are sourced from China? And how big of a step down hardware-wise would Apple have to take for YEARS to come up with phones for a couple of years that weren't dependent upon Chinese-sourced components? Yeah, Apple builds iPhones in India... or more accurately, ASSEMBLES iPhones in India.

China has made Disney their personal bitch. We're lucky they haven't withdrawn all Pooh merchandise from AMERICA yet, and scrubbed his image from Walt Disney World and Disneyland, just to appease their new master and continue to suck liquid gold from China's lucrative teat.

Seriously, just look at how thoroughly China has taken control of Hollywood. If an American actor seriously pisses off China, they might never be able to work on a non-indie movie again, because China will pull its strings to cut off everyone within two degrees of separation from them.

So... just how far would China have to push Apple for Apple to tell them, "fuck you, we'll skip next year's iPhones, then sell half-inch thick iPhones with 1280x800 screens, 1.2GHz CPUs, and NiMH batteries for another year or two if you cut off the rest of our supply chains to spite us for walking away, but we WILL NOT allow you to bully us and our international customers any longer!

Realistically, that's pretty much what the consequence of Apple getting "cancelled" by China would actually entail. Pretty much the only company on Earth that could manufacture devices with iPhone-grade hardware entirely from components not sourced from China is Samsung... and I think the Terms Samsung would demand (like, the right to license IOS on FRAND terms and become an eternal second-source of iPhone-compatible devices) would be too much for Apple to ever agree to. It would be a dangerous road for Apple, though, because in the meantime, literally everyone else would be making Apple's new China-free iPhones look like relics from the mid-noughties. At least, until China decided to crack down on THEM, too. Then, Samsung would be pretty much the only company on Earth that could get away with telling China to go fuck itself diagonally with a chainsaw.

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2021 9:51 PM

If C was a person, it would be a lying, zero-accountability murderer.

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2021 10:06 PM

You're welcome R68 it shows how dependent China is on it's exports, cut off the exports or block China from oil (Middle East) or coal ( Australia) and it will collapse.

by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2021 10:44 PM

r80, China is dependent upon foreign oil because it's cheaper than using their own, but if push came to shove, China has at LEAST as much domestic shale as the US. Honestly, MOST countries the size of Spain/France/Italy/Poland have enough domestic shale of their own to last for centuries... but shale costs about 1.5-2x as much to extract, transport, and refine as Saudi crude, so it's not really cost effective for most countries to bother with.

Technically, even GERMANY could mine & refine domestic shale oil and achieve self-sufficiency (though the Greens would throw a holy fit).

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2021 11:20 PM

[4] wait until future water wars impact these regions. All the population surveillance in the world will not help these governments when all the potable water goes away.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2021 11:56 PM

I hope everybody realizes that not only AUKUS will be a new military alliance to put China in its place but that also the NATO-QUAD will be discussed in the next days with India and Japan on board.

Then what China ...?

by Anonymousreply 83September 21, 2021 6:09 AM

China and Islam are the two biggest threats to America. Race-baiters need to be shunned, so we can unite against out true enemies.

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2021 12:41 PM

Well just as long as we can declare SOMEBODY an enemy. That way we never have to look at ourselves

by Anonymousreply 85September 21, 2021 4:01 PM

R85, not just declaring - FACTS

by Anonymousreply 86September 21, 2021 5:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!