Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'That's a dude': MMA star 'Suga' blasts transgender fighter

Mixed martial arts rising star "Suga" Sean O'Malley commented critically on transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin's victories over female fighters.

“I don’t think that’s OK,” O’Malley said of McLaughlin's victory during an episode of his podcast. “I just don’t think that’s OK ... In just competing in sports, I mean, especially mixed. It’s like she had testosterone for, who knows, 20 to 30 years of her life and now I’m a girl.”

“You could tell that’s a dude,” O’Malley added. “A jacked girl. I mean, look at those arms.”

McLaughlin, 38, was born male and began transitioning to a female in 2010 after leaving the U.S. Army Special Forces, Outsports.com reported. McLaughlin defeated Celine Provost, a biologically female fighter, earlier this month.

McLaughlin began training in MMA a year ago and was cleared to compete against women by the Florida State Boxing Commission after her hormone levels were approved.

McLaughlin wore a shirt after the fight that read “End Trans Genocide.”

Former UFC champion Michael Bisping also commented on McLaughlin's victory, saying he believes it isn't right for someone born with "the body of the man" to compete in fights against biological females.

“I’m not here to talk about transgender rights, you can identify as whatever you want,” Bisping said, Low Kick MMA reported. “But I do believe that if you’re a woman that feels trapped in a man’s body, there are certain advantages that you should have to give up. If you have the body of a man, competing against girls or women, when you’re using your body to beat someone unconscious, has to be one of those things you sacrifice.”

“If you want to play volleyball, soccer, be my guest. But in a sport that you beat someone into submission or unconsciousness, it shouldn’t be allowed. It’s unfair to women’s MMA.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2021 3:12 PM

Scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2021 8:49 AM

I give those women fighters credit for taking on a MAN in the ring.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2021 8:56 AM

These match fixtures are basically mandated abuse for spectacle and profit. And it’s sick. Catering to fantasies of incel fanboys who want an excuse to watch a man beat a woman.

Talk about consent all you want, but allowing a male with XY chromosome+testes+naturally greater bone density and muscle mass to render a woman unconscious with physical violence is a declarative misogynistic statement.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2021 10:25 AM

R3 even the fighters don't like it and are speaking out.

In fact, THEY are the ones saying exactly what you said in your second paragraph.

I don't think that anyone likes what's happening here. But people are too afraid to speak up, because they don't want to get canceled.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2021 3:28 PM

Completely unfair! Should be a separate competition amongst themselves!

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote]I don't think that anyone likes what's happening here. But people are too afraid to speak up, because they don't want to get canceled.

Sarah Robles, the American weightlifting bronze medallist, answered a journalist’s request for comment about NZ’s Laurel Hubbard’s history-making Olympic performance with a crisp “no, thank you”.

It’s so unfair. It was l the best day of their lives and theae women who receive very little sponsorship support because of their not-traditionaly-feminine bodies are supposed to open themselves up to cancellation because of that fraud.

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2021 3:39 PM

For once, the phrase LITERAL VIOLENCE can be used accurately

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2021 3:40 PM

Would YOU fight me?

I'd fight me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2021 3:41 PM

What a bummer.

McLaughlin was a very hot guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2021 3:44 PM

Suga don't bite.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2021 3:48 PM

So a man who was in the motherfucking Special Forces is now fighting women in the ring?? That's gonna end well - for him.

Anyone supporting/defending this shit is as mentally defective as the deluded dudes who think they're women.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2021 3:49 PM

It’s going to take a woman’s death for authorities to step in and put a stop to this, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2021 3:50 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2021 3:56 PM

"Suga" Sean O'Malley is really cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2021 3:57 PM

I’d eat O’Malley and Bisping’s asses.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2021 4:10 PM

Hell yes, R15.

Michael Bisping!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2021 3:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!