Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Evan Peters won an Emmy!

[...]

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2021 5:36 PM

Good for him. But is he OK? He looks a bit glassine.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2021 12:35 AM

Pathetic OP

Official thread link below. No need for this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2021 12:37 AM

Hopefully this gives him the confidence to never appear in a Ryan Murphy production ever again.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2021 12:45 AM

He wouldn't have gotten the part without being in a Ryan Murphy production and he acknowledged it.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2021 12:53 AM

Is it hot in LA tonight?

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2021 12:56 AM

What words did OP block out. A Rita Moreno show? A Robert Mitchum show?

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2021 1:11 AM

Are the Emmy voters all DLers? They always award these undeserving twink white guys who will be forgotten in 5 years. Look at Darrin Criss

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2021 1:14 AM

Thank you Buckwheat, for your post. But Evan Peters has been steadily working for much longer than 5 years and 34 years old is way past Twink. Carry on. Will you tell us next bout how trans women of color created quality tv?

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2021 1:17 AM

Evan Peters actually deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2021 1:19 AM

R8, who said anything about trans people? You sound like a low IQ Republican. They're obsessed with trans people. You guys only like him because he's straight and semi-attractive. Everyone here shits on out gay actors

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2021 1:21 AM

Failed deflection. Tell us about how DLers, worshippers of male and female movie stars from the silent era to today, often with encyclopedic knowledge, only like "undeserving twink white guys who will be forgotten in 5 years." And use 34 year old Peters as example. Bravo, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2021 1:44 AM

He gets very nervous on live TV.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2021 1:46 AM

R6 are you retarded in real life also, or just on here?

See R4

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2021 1:47 AM

His face looks old for 34

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2021 2:00 AM

He looks like they pulled him out of the bathroom doing drugs.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2021 2:07 AM

So happy for this win!

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2021 2:16 AM

He was hot in that Mare of Easttown show. He should keep that look.

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] He looks like they pulled him out of the bathroom doing drugs.

He was literally sitting a table with his mother.

Also, he always looks like that.

What is with you DL queens who are determined to make “Evan Peters, Drug Addict” a reality? You know nothing about him. He couldn’t be more boring.

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2021 5:48 AM

Hottie Brett Goldstein (the one with the great hairy chest) also won tonight.

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2021 7:12 AM

So happy for Evan.

Although it was very shady of the voters to snub the past 10 seasons of AHS. He did fantastic work in many of those seasons.

[quote] He wouldn't have gotten the part without being in a Ryan Murphy production and he acknowledged it.

Good for Evan. And he won for something NOT in a Murphy production.

Which is a class act on his part, especially given that Jessica Lange for AHS, and she DID NOT thank Ryan Murphy in her speech.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2021 8:28 AM

He should have won for AHS. Maybe the academy gave him the award for this other show to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2021 11:13 AM

R18 Literally

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]Which is a class act on his part, especially given that Jessica Lange for AHS, and she DID NOT thank Ryan Murphy in her speech.

Shame on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2021 1:02 PM

Sadly, this thread made me wonder if an actor has ever died of a drug overdose on the night they won an award. While I question Evan’s sobriety, he attended the ceremony with his parents, so there’s a zero percent chance he was high.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2021 2:29 PM

Evan is not a sober person. He drinks and admits it. It doesn’t mean he has a substance abuse problem, that he’s a coke addict, etc.

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2021 2:34 PM

Happy for him. Finally! It was well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2021 2:47 PM

I didn't notice a thing.

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2021 2:54 PM

The people who are clucking their tongues at Emmy winners who may have had an adult beverage on the night of the Emmys remind me of my mother, who is 81, and has been sober her entire life and has never had a moment of fun or abandon at any point in the last 81 years.

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2021 3:28 PM

Everyone's drunk at the Golden Globes, the booze is right on the tables.

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2021 3:51 PM

That look wasn't booze, honey.

by Anonymousreply 30September 21, 2021 3:32 PM

What was it, R30?

by Anonymousreply 31September 21, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote] Didn't even recognize him in Mare until six episodes in.

?? IIRC Peters’ character only appeared in 4 episodes and ——SPOILER ALERT!!!!—— dies in episode 5.

by Anonymousreply 32September 21, 2021 3:54 PM

That person watched Mare of Easttown’s episodes on ‘shuffle play’.

When I told a friend of mine about this show, she asked me if I was watching the episodes in order.

by Anonymousreply 33September 21, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote]That look wasn't booze, honey.

He was nervous. Many actors are shy and are fine in front of a camera but are uncomfortable talking live. You can see him taking a big breath but of course R30 had him shooting up at the table in front of his Mother and the world.

by Anonymousreply 34September 21, 2021 5:10 PM

If you watch the full video on the Emmys YouTube channel, Evan is clearly stunned and nervous. He says “Fuck!” when they announce his name, and then “Shit!” as he gets up from the table, and then when he gets to the microphone he says something to effect of “Oh shit, public speaking…” and then his voice is audibly shaking as he’s thanking people.

I really don’t understand this prurient compulsion certain people have to *insist* that a particular famous person is a drug addict when there’s no evidence for it.

Though later that night in a brief interview, Evan was asked what he was going to be drinking to celebrate, and he said “Vodka. Lots and lots of vodka.” My boyfriend also thinks he looks like an alcoholic. I don’t personally see that—I just see someone with naturally pale skin.

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2021 5:14 PM

Good for Evan. I’ve liked him since the tv show Invasion. Anyone remember that show? I was bummed it got cancelled after one season.

What’s next for Evan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2021 5:17 PM

I'm very happy for him. I'm also extremely sad that I will never, ever get a chance with him

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2021 12:11 AM

How do you know you won’t, R37?

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2021 12:30 AM

man, he doesn't look well.

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2021 1:13 AM

LOL ^^

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2021 1:36 AM

Happy he got this recognition. He’s a hard working actor who doesn’t seem like he’s trying to be a celebrity. I wish him continued success, because I can’t take my eyes off him when he’s onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2021 1:41 AM

I agree, R41. He literally cried on set when he thought he wasn’t nailing his ‘drunk’ scene on Mare. He takes his craft seriously. He’s practically perfect in everything I’ve seen him in, even tripe like American Horror Story.

If you haven’t seen American Animals, it’s a great movie and I highly recommend it. Evan is of course fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2021 1:52 AM

That was really a great drunk scene.

by Anonymousreply 43September 27, 2021 12:49 PM

I remember Invasion, R36. It had potential. I liked anything that wasn’t yet another doctor, police detective, or lawyer show. Now, it would have been better suited as a streaming.

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2021 2:09 PM

@r38 that’s sweet. Because evan has always dated women younger than him. I think anyone over 40 scares him. If i were in my 20s/30s again i think i would have had a shot. He seems like a really sweet person.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2021 7:47 PM

I loved Invasion! William Fichtner was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2021 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!