Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fraus and eating disorders

Fraus love to whip themselves into a moral frenzy believing that every woman (and only women) is at risk of starving themselves to death. They are also totally nonchalant about the fact that those people are a speck of dust on the statistics of obesity in America.

Gay men only: discuss.

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2021 4:30 PM

This is more of a "you" problem than a "frau" problem.

And since you seem so obsessed with straight women, you don't seem particularly gay as much as you seem to be an asshole.

And although gay men fuck assholes, we don't really like fucking assholes like you.

Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2021 6:25 AM

You sound seem like British cunt, R1.

Or like you walk to the tune of them.

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2021 6:27 AM

And you sound like a racist, R2.

Or you walk to the tume of them.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2021 6:34 AM

^tune^

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2021 6:34 AM

I guess I triggered some right-wing fraus ^

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2021 6:36 AM

Obesity is an eating disorder and for every person with anorexia, there are 1000 people with obesity.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2021 6:41 AM

Correct, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2021 6:42 AM

Theyre two sides of the same coin - disordered eating and food obsession and inability to do anything in moderation - it’s no surprise that with the rise of one came the rise of the other. Very consistent with our American feast or famine type habits

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2021 6:53 AM

The number of obese greatly, greatly outstrips the number of anorexics.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2021 6:57 AM

Women are victims of EVERYthing. Even their own poor eating habits and lack of discipline and self control. And they’re going to make sure you pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2021 7:59 AM

The anorexic under every bed panic probably peaked in the mid 00s actually.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2021 8:05 AM

Plenty of fat fraus like to imagine they were on the brink of an eating disorder in their teens.

They never were.

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2021 8:54 AM

Fraus secretly hate anorexics.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2021 10:46 AM

R12 - but some legitimately were. My sister had friends who stopped having their periods and others who took speed. It's all about lack of education about nutrition. Look at how Michelle Obama was called a "communist" by all of Flyoverstan when she advocated for healthier meals, more exercise, etc. I see acquaintances (because I can't really say I am "friends" with these people) on social media who have become morbidly obese, particularly since they went right wing. They are on tons of medication for cholesterol and blood pressure in their 40's (two high school pals died of strokes and were very overweight), yet they post endless pictures of HUGE portions of crap food and memes celebrating their bottle-a-night drinking habit. Here in California, they could easily get vegetables and healthy food at Wal Mart but they just don't know any better. And stuffing yourself 3 times a day and drinking a whole bottle of wine is a fucking eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2021 10:55 AM

I will also say that their husbands have a bit of fault in this. They need their BBQ to show they are men, call skinny women "anorexic" because it makes them feel better about THEIR beer belly and the fact that the wife followed suit when she saw the husband let himself go after marriage.

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2021 10:57 AM

Another thing I, personally, consider at least a disorder, if not an eating one, is what I see in Eastern Europe. Women will subsist on one slice of bread with lard and onions a day in order to have money for endless beauty treatments, salons, clothes, plastic surgery. Of course, American fraus aren't really interested in all that, but upper class American women who spend tons of money at the gym and on being vegan are a bit off as well. No extreme is good.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2021 11:00 AM

[quote]in Eastern Europe. Women will subsist on one slice of bread with lard and onions a day in order to have money for endless beauty treatments, salons, clothes, plastic surgery.

That's poverty, nothing to do with an eating disorder. Trying to get a rich husband is what most EE women aspire to, as soon as they're married they let themselves go.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2021 11:02 AM

[quote]Look at how Michelle Obama was called a "communist" by all of Flyoverstan when she advocated for healthier meals, more exercise, etc.

They'd call her names no matter what she tried to do. I thought her healthy eating initiative was a really good idea and came about at the right time. But all she got from it was backlash so she abandoned it in the second term. Funny, if she tried to do that now she'd probably be accused of fat-shaming.

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2021 11:07 AM

R17 - what you say applies only in the countryside and for poorer, rural people. Those aren't the women that do this. Actually, rural women look very good when young due to organic meals and availability of organic fruit and vegetables. Of course they age poorly due to sun exposure and hard work. I don't 100% buy the poverty for most city dwellers here where I am. They own apartments and always rent to a student/roommate. They have pretty decent salaries on top of that. But c'mon, going to the salon EVERY week for hair, nails, facials, lashes, eyebrows, pedicures, massages, botox every 4 months, endless spa and laser treatments, 20 pairs of Italian shoes, Apple EVERYTHING, Italian leather and designer clothes, Tom Ford....no way you aren't a bit deranged to sacrifice nutrition for all that shit. My Dutch hookup used to say that going to the market felt like going to a modeling agency.

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2021 11:12 AM

R18 - personally, I loved it. It was what got me interested in even stepping into Wal Mart. They had zucchini, baby tomatoes, etc. That is the problem with Democrats...their good ideas are shot down by assholes on the right and they give up.

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2021 11:15 AM

Obesity is an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]I don't 100% buy the poverty for most city dwellers here where I am. They own apartments and always rent to a student/roommate. They have pretty decent salaries on top of that. But c'mon, going to the salon EVERY week for hair, nails, facials, lashes, eyebrows, pedicures, massages, botox every 4 months, endless spa and laser treatments, 20 pairs of Italian shoes, Apple EVERYTHING, Italian leather and designer clothes, Tom Ford....no way you aren't a bit deranged to sacrifice nutrition for all that shit. My Dutch hookup used to say that going to the market felt like going to a modeling agency.

But it's a cultural phenomenon behind why they chose to spend their money that way. Not an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2021 11:21 AM

Michelle, had she continued it past 2012, should've spoken out about food deserts, working people who don't have time to cook, and the sometimes unhealthy stuff in traditional soul food. She should've tailored it to a Black audience and just told FOX News and any HAES white women to go fuck themselves.

I think it was a great cause (and she was a great FLOTUS) because it was socially relevant as opposed to something like literacy.

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2021 11:24 AM

Eastern Europeans are very strange. Their houses can be held together with duct tape and mold and they will still rather spend the money on some conspicuous branded product.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2021 11:25 AM

R22 - maybe. My Dutch guy said he thought it was the sudden access to Western goods. More like a consumerist disorder. No way can you age and look good when you have improper nutrition. Hell, the rural men and women age body-wise, but I marvel at their skin, hair and fit-fat (have a waist) look so it's the lack of sedentarism and organic food.

R24 - absolutely. They prefer it that way. Even the 2 twinks at work prefer to work from their homophobic Village rather than pay rent (they are from a rural background) as long as they can pay for their Porsches, botox, Italian suits, plastic surgery, a week in Monte Carlo. One said "nobody sees what's in your stomach". And I was thinking "yeah bitch, wait until you are no longer 24".

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2021 11:29 AM

I think alcoholism contributes to a lot of obesity in women nowadays.

A lot of wine drinking--both in public and in private. A lot of empty calories (and the alcohol promotes binge eating.)

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2021 12:25 PM

Yes, fraus twenty years ago were not constantly making 'wine o'clock' jokes.

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Well R26 and R27, I have read that alcohol abuse has become the "secret pandemic" nobody is really talking about. Among women AND men with the pandemic just accelerating it horribly.

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2021 12:37 PM

They like eating disorders so they can be outraged at skinny women and turn their only gluttony into a virtue.

All while ignoring their boozin':

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2021 12:43 PM

R29 - I'll check out that thread. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2021 12:48 PM

Pro-Anorexia sites have been around since the 90s.

[quote]There are about 500 Web sites that offer tips on how to become anorexic or bulimic. The popularity of what are known as "pro-ana" (pro-anorexia) and "pro-mia" (pro-bulimia) Web sites has increased in recent years. They attract mostly teenage girls and young women, often getting thousands of hits a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2021 12:50 PM

I wonder how bad things like this would be without social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2021 12:53 PM

I’ve never seen any pro-anorexia content on TikTok but I’ve seen lots of fat people stuff.

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2021 1:07 PM

How about narcissistic Instagram "foodie culture"?

Just look at the plates of fried shit people brag about.

Microbrews and overpriced fish and chips are nothing to brag about. (And they make you fat, gurl!)

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2021 1:14 PM

Gay men only? How rude as we know what it’s like to Be excluded (and that’s why the normal of us don’t further that). Fraus please enter here and share your experiences.

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2021 1:14 PM

[quote]OP: Gay men only: discuss.

Oh, dear.

(An independent clause capable of standing alone as a complete statement takes a capital letter after the colon, just so you know, because otherwise you wouldn't.)

But R35 is both illiterate and a trollcunt.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2021 1:17 PM

[quote] How rude as we know what it’s like to Be excluded

Yes, which is why we need our own spaces.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2021 1:21 PM

R36 Fuck your mother

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2021 1:22 PM

Women are leading increasingly empty lives.

Abandoning their natural role as mothers and nurturers, and trading it for the stresses of the corporate workplace, has turned them into miserable food-obsessed drunks.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2021 1:22 PM

R39 - you literally parroted what many women here would say (and probably say) about my roommate during the pandemic. However, it wasn't so and, I believe isn't so now. My friend in LA and her led vibrant lives, free to travel, spend $ on themselves and do a lot of self care. Both looked almost 20 years younger. Most importantly, time allowed then to nurture the mind with reading, cultural events and travel. Yet, once housebound, I saw the decline in both. One STILL consults most patients online and by roommate has gained weight and doesn't care and, like me, drinks too much (thinks I don't know). It's all situational. Sure, there are shallow women who can't spend time by themselves or be independent but not all are like that. Neither do they fall into escapist behavior easily all the time.

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2021 1:31 PM

Straight women never get over the fact that their games don't work with gay men, because WE DON'T WANT THEIR PUSSIES.

Frauen. They eat their hearts out first before turning to donuts.

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote]Women are leading increasingly empty lives. Abandoning their natural role as mothers and nurturers, and trading it for the stresses of the corporate workplace, has turned them into miserable food-obsessed drunks.

You can particularly see it in the eyes of those pathetic hags on OAN, Newsmax and Fox. How much happier they'd be changing diapers and wiping old people's asses.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2021 1:51 PM

I took a little trip last weekend, first time in a while. Maybe it's because I haven't really been going out that much in the past year of lockdown, but I was struck by how overweight almost everyone is. Couldn't stop noticing it.

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2021 1:54 PM

The pendulum swings to such extremes, there’s hardly talk of moderation. These women promote having a 6oz. green juice for the day’s calories and hitting the treadmill every day for one week, then it’s back to empty carbs and boozing it up thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2021 1:59 PM

R41 - man, I don't know about you, but there aren't that many fraus knocking down my door and I am masc and was (pre-pandmeic) pretty handsome according to most people. Some flirted with me or talked to me at the store and stuff but not like they stalked me.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2021 2:22 PM
by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2021 5:08 AM

Something , somewhere must be banned.

by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2021 5:09 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what R41 has to do with the topic. In any case, I do agree that obesity is a bigger problem than anorexia but eating disorders in general are to be avoided. The reason women talk about them more is because their weight is more heavily scrutinized and it is harder for women to keep weight off.

by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2021 5:22 AM

R34 especially when it’s skinny women (or women who spend 3+ hrs a day in the gym) who order a bunch of gluttonous shit for IG and at most eat 2 bites. That promotes a shitload of disordered thinking - no very thin woman no matter how young or how fast her metabolism is can eat like a truck driver and look like that. That didn’t start with social media certainly (see: Grace Adler) but it just made it more pervasive.

by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2021 5:24 AM

Well said, R1.

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2021 5:29 AM

OP, R1 is right you are an asshole. And an ignorant one at that.

Guess which demographic has nearly the same rate of body image dysmorphia symptomology as heterosexual women?

I'll give you a hint: it's gay men. The occurrence of these problems is highly correlated with *dating men*, not with *being a woman*.

But congratulations on your edgelord 'hot take' 'keepin' it real' 'anti-PC' cool-guy badittude. It's almost as impressive as actually being informed!

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2021 5:34 AM

It’s vanity and a lot of staring in the mirror. There are things girls have pointed out they hate about their bodies that I’ve never even thought about and I’m pretty vain. They don’t like their ankle bone or their ear cartilage is too thick.

It’s no wonder so many develop body dysmorphia

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2021 5:46 AM

The point was that fraus are obsessed with anorexics despite there being far, far fewer of them than obese.

by Anonymousreply 53September 21, 2021 8:52 AM

Female neurosis is hardly a new thing.

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2021 9:20 AM

"The point was that fraus are obsessed with anorexics despite there being far, far fewer of them than obese.

—OP"

No. The point is you're obsessed with straight women and you're bullshit point was justifiably made fun of.

by Anonymousreply 55September 21, 2021 10:08 AM

"Gay men only"? I am a gay-man-loving female and why are you trying to lock us out? When answering, just how do you know we're not gay men also anyhow? I'm feeling somewhat triggered and marginalized? Why are only gay men entitled to coverse and contribute? Don't females have value here?

by Anonymousreply 56September 21, 2021 10:15 AM

[quote] just how do you know we're not gay men also anyhow?

Oh, we know.

by Anonymousreply 57September 21, 2021 10:28 AM

[quote] The point is you're obsessed with straight women

There’s nothing I’m less obsessed with lol.

Straight women on here are obsessed with gay men, however, and often try to act as the morality police to police our thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 58September 21, 2021 10:30 AM

Anorexia is the last mental illness it’s acceptable to say that sufferers of shouldn’t be seen.

by Anonymousreply 59September 21, 2021 10:32 AM

R58/op hates women that’s for sure

by Anonymousreply 60September 21, 2021 10:46 AM

Threads started by R60:

"What do you call a gay man who has never left home and is in his 40’s?"

"Why are gay men so cruel to each other?"

"Andrew Cunanan molested by father?"

by Anonymousreply 61September 21, 2021 10:49 AM

I’m a gay man r61!

by Anonymousreply 62September 21, 2021 10:55 AM

Yes, and I'm a gay man who actually cares about gay men.

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2021 10:59 AM

That we don't want to hear from women is now evidence that gay men are obsessed with them. Whatever. We don't want to hear more scolding marms declaring what we can and can't talk about. Fraus could've just ignored this thread, but NOOO someone might've been saying something on it that they didn't approve of and that mustn't be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2021 11:02 AM

Doesn't a girl need to be high bourgeoisie to be anorexic-bulimic? And the obese are mostly poor loser slave labourers spending all their cash on junk. So the Capitalist Overlords are doing a good job - everyone in their place.

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2021 11:06 AM

My sister struggled with anorexia.

Despite this, I think that there is too much attention put on restrictive eating disorders. Less than 1% of women suffer from anorexia and less than 10% have bulimia. The obesity epidemic is a far more pressing issue.

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2021 11:13 AM

Should telling children they're fat be re-normalized?

by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2021 11:14 AM

Preach, R55!

This is the woman hating purported gay man who also constantly calls gay men on this board "fraus." His misogyny is exceeded only by his homophobia. He appears to have several sock puppet accounts.

Best to just block.

by Anonymousreply 68September 21, 2021 2:23 PM

Some of you bitches really, really hate women

by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote]purported gay man

Oh, honey, what do you think I am?

I can tell that whatever you are you are a frau -- victim-enjoying, policing, hypocritical -- frau.

Best to just block, luvvie. But you can't, can you? Any more than you can put down the crumpets and clotted cream.

by Anonymousreply 70September 21, 2021 3:03 PM

And feminine gay men, typically, R69. Ultimately probably stems from self loathing.

by Anonymousreply 71September 21, 2021 3:15 PM

I see a lot of hatred for feminine gay men Datalounge, which often comes from self-loathing gay men. Though never seen any hatred for women here, usually the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 72September 21, 2021 3:17 PM

Gays have eating disorders

by Anonymousreply 73September 21, 2021 3:18 PM

Gay men are probably the most at risk group for eating disorders.

by Anonymousreply 74September 21, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote]You sound seem like British cunt

Ahkhkck.... chghk... ghkcgk... ... ...

by Anonymousreply 75September 21, 2021 3:22 PM

Gay men don't have eating disorders; they have cooking disorders.

by Anonymousreply 76September 21, 2021 3:24 PM

Of course my proviso that only gay men should discuss this issue has been inadvertently proved correct.

by Anonymousreply 77September 21, 2021 3:27 PM

How does saying women (usually fat fraus) exaggerate the problem of anorexia to compensate for the larger problem of obesity, mean you hate them? Being honest about victim complexes isn't misogyny, my god. Anyway, I think plastic surgery/Instagram face is a much more pressing body image issue with younger women. All of them want to look like aliens....... I know straight men who think every girl over 25 has had fillers!

by Anonymousreply 78September 21, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]How does saying women (usually fat fraus) exaggerate the problem of anorexia to compensate for the larger problem of obesity, mean you hate them?

Hate now means points of awkward truths.

by Anonymousreply 79September 21, 2021 3:28 PM

[bold] Gays and eating disorders [/bold]

Gays love to whip themselves into a moral frenzy believing that every gay man (and only gay men) is at risk of starving themselves to death. They are also totally nonchalant about the fact that those people are a speck of dust on the statistics of obesity in America.

Fraus only: discuss

by Anonymousreply 80September 21, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote]—Posted No One Ever

Because it's not true.

Unlike my post.

by Anonymousreply 81September 21, 2021 3:30 PM

Moral frenzies are exclusive to women.

by Anonymousreply 82September 21, 2021 3:40 PM

Every traditional way to eat went through the window over the last 50 years. People who forget how to cook their own meals are ideal customers in a capitalist fast food culture. First, you make everyone fat, then you spend 20, 40,60 years marketing low-fat stuff, when turns out that was bad and makes people even fatter, you say "oops" and market keto products. I doubt that women on average are more obese than men. Does anyone have reliable data there? Individually, you surely have some responsibility over how and what you eat. However, the overabundance of calories marketed with the promise of freedom, independence and being a treat is the equivalent of having free cigarettes at every corner.

by Anonymousreply 83September 21, 2021 3:47 PM

Anorexia nervosa is very rare and it’s also the deadliest of mental health disorders with the highest mortality. No one on this thread has gotten it right, that AN has way less to do with food and body dysmorphia than severe depression and OCD. Food is but an outlet for wanting to disappear physically and emotionally. Starvation allowed their OCD side to be demonstrated. Depression and anxiety, along with low self esteem and/ or perfectionist personality rounded out the intersection of “whys” of AN. People misunderstand AN to be solely about food and weight when it is not. Food restriction to the point of starvation is the vehicle not the cause of illness.

My most memorable AN patient was 22 and at her lowest weight was 70- something lbs, she looked like a concentration camp victim in photos she’d shown me. I treated her when she was a whopping 95+ lbs. Years later she maintained her weight in the 140s or so, she was on the hefty side for her small frame. Her main issues were crippling depression and anxiety, and OCD which centered on food restriction. Even after those years suffering from AN, she never fully recovered from depression and anxiety. Every perceived imperfect situation was taken as proof of her own inadequacy magnified tenfold. She’d lost friends, refusing help and friendship because she felt unworthy.

It’s a very crippling and lonely way to live, AN is essentially a slow form of suicide. It has little to do with wanting to look like a model, it’s way more serious than that.

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2021 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!